redlava85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I am frustrated but want to change

Hey guys,
    I don't know what to do, it can be frustrating when you really want to change in this area of life (my immediate goal is to lose bodyfat and long term vision is to have a ripped body) but i dont have any friends in my social circle who want to join a gym, i have a russian friend but he is more outdoors type of guy and hate training in the gym and i am the opposite.
    I have a personal trainer, but personal trainers are incredibly expensive no matter how helpful they are i cannot sustain this. $90 per session for 3 sessions a week thats a hell of a money just to pay someone to spot me and push me! If i had the knowledge how to use correct form, no way will i pay that much! I am totally confused as to how i should go about it, i am planning to fire him end of this week and if worst come if it i will just do classes and cardio to lose bodyfat. I am no longer willing to pay a ransom just to build muscles. Paying for healthy food options, gym membership and supplements are enough strain on my budget, and i am a student!

What should i do??
    I am insecure hitting the gym without a clue how to use equipment with correct form, and i am also insecure how gym 'freaks' will look at laugh at me under their breaths.

** I am a male in mid 20s in Sydney, if anyone here willing to train with me please leave me a message. I will pay for your gym membership fees, and i am a normal guy not a freak lol.

Mack674 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mack674 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mack674 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ditch the insecurity and just go do it man. Trust me, 99% of the guys in there don't care what you look like or what you're doing. I used to feel the same way but once you get going and start to know what you're doing, you dont mind. Most of those guys weren't born that way wither so they can appreciate it. In my experience, again 9 guys out of 10 would gladly help you out or spot for you or something if you need help versus laugh at you. These guys love being in the gym and they know lots about it and enjoy sharing their knowledge. That being said, don't interrupt a guy in the middle of a benchpress set to ask him something haha they have work to do too.

There's tons of videos on this site that will show you exactly how to do exercises properly but thats no substitute for having someone right there able to correct you, I know what you're saying. It might be worth it for you to get a trainer just for a week or two to nail down the techniques, and then go on your own from there. Technique is key, you can rock all kinds of weight around all day in a horrible technique and you wont see very much improvement because... well... you're doing it wrong.

There aren't any such thing as 'freaks', everybody starts off as a 'normal' person. Just go and get it done and you'll be glad you did.
    Worrying about what other people are going to think about you is ridiculous and no way to live your life.

Timvv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Timvv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Timvv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Timvv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Timvv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Timvv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Timvv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Timvv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Timvv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Timvv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Timvv is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by redlava85 View Post
    I have a personal trainer, but personal trainers are incredibly expensive no matter how helpful they are i cannot sustain this. $90 per session for 3 sessions a week thats a hell of a money just to pay someone to spot me and push me! If i had the knowledge how to use correct form, no way will i pay that much!
    Find a decent beginner schedule on these forums and have your PT learn you the form on these exersises. You should no longer need him after 2/3 weeks to maintain the correct form.

I am insecure hitting the gym without a clue how to use equipment with correct form, and i am also insecure how gym 'freaks' will look at laugh at me under their breaths.
    Everyone has to start somewhere, so why not just start now?
    Nobody ever laughed at me when I first started out and I began 90% of my exercises at the lowest possible weight (brb squatting 15 kg).

Just a gym rat TheProgressiveOne's Avatar
    TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey guys,
    I don't know what to do, it can be frustrating when you really want to change in this area of life (my immediate goal is to lose bodyfat and long term vision is to have a ripped body) but i dont have any friends in my social circle who want to join a gym, i have a russian friend but he is more outdoors type of guy and hate training in the gym and i am the opposite.
    I have a personal trainer, but personal trainers are incredibly expensive no matter how helpful they are i cannot sustain this. $90 per session for 3 sessions a week thats a hell of a money just to pay someone to spot me and push me! If i had the knowledge how to use correct form, no way will i pay that much! I am totally confused as to how i should go about it, i am planning to fire him end of this week and if worst come if it i will just do classes and cardio to lose bodyfat. I am no longer willing to pay a ransom just to build muscles. Paying for healthy food options, gym membership and supplements are enough strain on my budget, and i am a student!

What should i do??

** I am a male in mid 20s in Sydney, if anyone here willing to train with me please leave me a message. I will pay for your gym membership fees, and i am a normal guy not a freak lol.
    Hey man, hit up a personal trainer...they will def help u with all that stuff...

Only tossers laugh under their breaths and any1 who does is usually a douche...if u do a bit of research and not be a huge douche n run around like a headless chook they will respect the hardworking u be putting in...

I go @ 5am each morning and see same guys...the ones who get my respect are those who are there smashing out sets wen its hot, cold, raining and those who actually put in hardwork

Take care of the following and ur already beating 3/4 of most ppl:

-put ur freaking weights away (Ive got 2hours in the gym in the morning, I don't want to waste 1 second cleaning up after someone else

-before u remove weights have a quick scan or look at the machine a couple of minutes prior to see if any1 is on it and if they're still on it

-don't scream n grunt too loudly

-be respectful of all other gym users, don't laugh @ ppl who are trying

-find a good program and stick to it...based on compounds and progressive loading of that bar

There are a bunch more tips but just look it up online man

Cheers

Atheist Alliance Wannabe slammedsl1's Avatar
    slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just go for it!

I always felt the same way, what's the point in going if you don't know what you're doing and you're not doing it right?

Watch vids, go slow and light, and try your best. I'm 6 weeks in and I've learned alot about form, it takes time but everyone posting here is right, I never notice anyone unless they are straight up screwing around. You can't really look dumb if you're going light and you educate yourself first.

If you want an all around full body, check out my blog in my sig.
    Check out my training blog : http://blog.bodybuilding.com/slammedsl1/

hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm going to be a little hard on you! Shut up, don't think so much. If you stay worried all the time that will just make it that much harder on you. Study the moves a little on your own. Personally I think people can teach themselves better than having someone else try to. Go to the gym by yourself if you have to. Do what it takes to get things done. Don't think, Do! Grasp that motivation you have for wanting to better your body! Everyone starts somewhere so remember that. **** all the people in the gym who look at you funny. What makes them better than you? absolutely nothing! Don't ever let anyone put you down. As for the trainer, I wouldn't even charge 1/4 of that. Their in it for the money! 90 is ridiculous. Do me a favor, go after what you want! & keep me updated. You'll get there!
    [100K 2012 Transformation Challenge Participant]

simplynutrition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplynutrition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplynutrition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you really want to get serious about working out but aren't sure about proper technique and workout regimen, maybe you should consider finding a course and becoming a certified personal trainer yourself. That should give you a foundation of knowledge that you can use to begin working out safely, and you'll find that as you continue to change your body you will learn more and more about the proper way to do it.

redlava85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys,
    i went to the gym this whole week, and i never had a problem. No one looked at me, and i think my form is correct because i feel the muscles working (i know this when i feel a good stretch or some pain), i owe bodybuilding.com a great deal so far ;-)

wheelerx50 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheelerx50 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheelerx50 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheelerx50 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheelerx50 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheelerx50 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheelerx50 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheelerx50 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheelerx50 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheelerx50 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wheelerx50 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As others have said, only complete *******s judge people at the gym. Everyone starts somewhere and at least by going to the gym you are trying which is better than what most of society can say.

jayflex6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayflex6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The more you hear something the more it might make sense and stick. So im going to say the same exact thing everyone else has. DO NOT worry about what others thing. The big huge "freaks" you see aren't laughting at you. To get to their level you have to love the lifestyle and anyone who loves the lifestyle would never laugh a beginner. If they do smile its only because you remind them of themselves when they started and it brings back memories. NO ONE starts off 200lbs ripped to the bone. It takes a lot of hard work. The trainer you got is a little on the expensive side yes but I would make the money count. Learn what you can. Your paying HIM! ask him about form and technique and all that stuff before hand and then when you have the knowledge go off on your own. But don't worry. We all start off from the bottom. Even if you can only bench the bar or curl 5lbs at least your trying and no one should laugh at that. Good luck bro

NoOneCares is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoOneCares is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoOneCares is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoOneCares is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoOneCares is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoOneCares is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoOneCares is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoOneCares is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoOneCares is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoOneCares is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoOneCares is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by theprogressiveone View Post
    hey man, hit up a personal trainer...they will def help u with all that stuff...

Only tossers laugh under their breaths and any1 who does is usually a douche...if u do a bit of research and not be a huge douche n run around like a headless chook they will respect the hardworking u be putting in...

I go @ 5am each morning and see same guys...the ones who get my respect are those who are there smashing out sets wen its hot, cold, raining and those who actually put in hardwork

take care of the following and ur already beating 3/4 of most ppl:

-put ur freaking weights away (ive got 2hours in the gym in the morning, i don't want to waste 1 second cleaning up after someone else

-before u remove weights have a quick scan or look at the machine a couple of minutes prior to see if any1 is on it and if they're still on it

-don't scream n grunt too loudly

-be respectful of all other gym users, don't laugh @ ppl who are trying

-find a good program and stick to it...based on compounds and progressive loading of that bar

there are a bunch more tips but just look it up online man

cheers
    thiiiiiiis.

UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oh my.. Okay.. First thing I'd suggest is read, learn, watch videos, read some more, learn some more, and don't stop. The more you know, the better off you are. Learn about nutrition, training, general health, etc. This websites a good start. No one is going to make it happen for you, it's up to you. It's worth more than you'll ever realize until you're further down the road. This lifestyle has so much to offer besides just looking good. Do not do strictly cardio for fat loss, you'll end up skinny fat. I could go on and on but hopefully you get the point.

zycho27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    these guys pretty much topped it off for you. listen to them..

overcome your insecurities, make sure you want this bad enough, do research here on BB.com becaue it has everything you need to learn about exercises, machines, diet, etc.

no one is born ripped and muscular. Even the elites, arnold, jay, dorian, ronnie, phil...they ALL started somewhere, and I bet the start was tough for them just like everybody else. don't give up!!

RSmithyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) RSmithyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) RSmithyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) RSmithyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) RSmithyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) RSmithyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) RSmithyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) RSmithyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) RSmithyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) RSmithyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) RSmithyy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey mate I am from Sydney Australia. If you want to have a chat about anything or even partner up then I would be more than happy to do so.

I am by no means perfect (actually far from it) but I am dedicated to what I am doing and I am getting very good results.

I have been looking for someone from Australia to talk to about working out as it seems that most people out there don't really seem to care about your diet or your workout etc.

We are around the same weight so I think it would be great if we could work together to get where we want to be.

Let me know what you think.

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Stop being insecure, and see yourself as awesome instead.

No one is going to care how you look lifting. I respect guys that go in there and are obviously trying their hardest. People will spot you if you ask too, just get in there and lift.
    Dedication is all it takes
    I will have abs by January 1, 2010
    BF%: 13.25

http://1centlink.com/?id=4ShYe1PuQ
    Go to that site and get your own link to get paid per click. (please)

***Georgia Crew***