Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Superweights is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Muscle gain for a 13 year old.

I use 3kg weights,do push ups,and if needed for some muscle gain i can do pull ups.
    Bigger weights i can not get,cause i dont have,and i can buy a pull up bar if needed.
    I can barely (don't think i can even) do 1 clear pull up,so i must gain some muscle.
    Will these 3 options help?

Stats: 5'8", 144 lbs
    teenbuilder7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit teenbuilder7's BodySpace
    Those are great for starting - but don't expect to be Arnold Schwarzenegger the next time you wake up.

Remember, you're only 13. You've got years and years of growing and development left; so don't overtrain in the hope of getting amazing results.

It's great that you're already starting, and I guarantee that you'll go far in gaining muscle.

My advice to you is to KEEP EATING and keep resting. Eat whatever you can, whenever you can. This will help you start your journey and build the necessary foundations for being able to gain lots of muscle. It'll also fuel your development through your teenage years.

Remember - you've still got years and years of development left for your body; don't be disappointed if you don't see magic gains instantly.

Keep training, eating and resting.
    - 16 Year Old Bodybuilder -

Originally Posted by teenbuilder7 View Post
    Those are great for starting - but don't expect to be Arnold Schwarzenegger the next time you wake up.

Remember, you're only 13. You've got years and years of growing and development left; so don't overtrain in the hope of getting amazing results.

It's great that you're already starting, and I guarantee that you'll go far in gaining muscle.

My advice to you is to KEEP EATING and keep resting. Eat whatever you can, whenever you can. This will help you start your journey and build the necessary foundations for being able to gain lots of muscle. It'll also fuel your development through your teenage years.

Remember - you've still got years and years of development left for your body; don't be disappointed if you don't see magic gains instantly.

Keep training, eating and resting.
    Thanks for the motivation,but you seem pretty buffed i want to ask u something:
    1.Can i gain muscle with this without the pull ups
    2.I don't want to be anrold scwarzenegger i know i wont be it takes years and years of training,i just want to get a little stronger,enough to do like 4 or 5 pushups,will this be enough?

Stats: 5'10", 153 lbs
    Btrailblazer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Btrailblazer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Btrailblazer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Btrailblazer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Btrailblazer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Btrailblazer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Btrailblazer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Btrailblazer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Btrailblazer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Btrailblazer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Btrailblazer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit Btrailblazer's BodySpace
    And don't get sucked into all the hype about big biceps and whatnot like I did at your age. As time goes on, you of course will want to train all the major muscles.
    Bulking to 180...Let's GET IT ON

Stats: 5'8", 144 lbs
    teenbuilder7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit teenbuilder7's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Superweights View Post
    Thanks for the motivation,but you seem pretty buffed i want to ask u something:
    1.Can i gain muscle with this without the pull ups
    2.I don't want to be anrold scwarzenegger i know i wont be it takes years and years of training,i just want to get a little stronger,enough to do like 4 or 5 pushups,will this be enough?
    Bro, i'm in no way buffed. I'm 16 and I've got a looooong way to go until i'm in the state I want to be.

The more you train, the better you will be. So I advise you to keep going at the moves - invest in the pull up bar and try your hardest to complete a full one. Do your research and watch videos as well, that always helps.

Trust me, keep going at it. Try as often as you can to try and complete a push up or a pull up. Don't be disappointed if it doesn't happen straight away - it took me ages to be able to do a pull up! The more you train with weights and do strength building exercises, the stronger you will get.

I would never have been able to do a pull up or a push up at 13 - so don't get yourself down if it takes a while. Your body will develop massively during your teens, and soon you'll be able to do as many as you want.

Keep going dude, great to see you so motivated!
    - 16 Year Old Bodybuilder -

Premium Gold Member strengthgained's Avatar
    Stats: 5'10", 50 lbs
    strengthgained has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) strengthgained has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) strengthgained has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) strengthgained has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) strengthgained has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) strengthgained has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) strengthgained has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) strengthgained has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) strengthgained has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) strengthgained has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) strengthgained has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit strengthgained's BodySpace
    You don't have access to a gym?

And no you can't get big doing 5 push ups sorry
    "Personality, like ego, is a concept invented by your mind. It doesn’t exist in the real world. Personality is a word for the general impression that you give through your words and actions"

Superpump MAX
    Whey Protein
    Creatine Mono
    Multi

Originally Posted by strengthgained View Post
    You don't have access to a gym?

And no you can't get big doing 5 push ups sorry
    \

I didnt say i only do 5 push ups,i said i want to get big enough to do atleast 5 pull ups.

Stats: 5'9", 150 lbs
    PaulyFootball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaulyFootball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaulyFootball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaulyFootball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaulyFootball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaulyFootball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaulyFootball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaulyFootball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaulyFootball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaulyFootball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaulyFootball is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit PaulyFootball's BodySpace
    \

I didnt say i only do 5 push ups,i said i want to get big enough to do atleast 5 pull ups.
    Yes if you just pracites pullups and pushups you will get better and youll get to 5 pull ups.
    Bench: 155
    Squat: 205
    Deadlift: 225

BW: 150 5'9 14yrs old

Aspiring Chiropractor Greenteadrinker's Avatar
    Location: Sydney, Down under, Straya, New South Wales, Australia
    Stats: 5'10", 170 lbs
    Greenteadrinker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greenteadrinker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greenteadrinker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greenteadrinker has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Visit Greenteadrinker's BodySpace
    Until you can get access to a full weight set I would recommend sticking to the basics. Push ups, pull ups, lunges, squats, planks, etc.

You're still young so just the above exercises will take you relatively far. Make sure to get in plenty of good quality nutrition, and drink plenty of water. I would also recommend doing some cardio if only for your general fitness and conditioning. Treadmill, jump rope, burpees, and if you have access to a park or something of the sort, sprints. Even riding your bike would only do you good.

Start now and in the years to come you would have developed a solid foundation on which you can build on.

Originally Posted by Greenteadrinker View Post
    Until you can get access to a full weight set I would recommend sticking to the basics. Push ups, pull ups, lunges, squats, planks, etc.

You're still young so just the above exercises will take you relatively far. Make sure to get in plenty of good quality nutrition, and drink plenty of water. I would also recommend doing some cardio if only for your general fitness and conditioning. Treadmill, jump rope, burpees, and if you have access to a park or something of the sort, sprints. Even riding your bike would only do you good.

Start now and in the years to come you would have developed a solid foundation on which you can build on.
    Thanks dude you are the first dude that clearly gave me information on what to do.

Do you maybe know how much series and reps should do?
    Last edited by Superweights; 04-22-2014 at 06:55 AM.

Aspiring Chiropractor Greenteadrinker's Avatar
    Location: Sydney, Down under, Straya, New South Wales, Australia
    Stats: 5'10", 170 lbs
    Greenteadrinker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greenteadrinker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greenteadrinker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greenteadrinker has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Visit Greenteadrinker's BodySpace
    Thanks dude you are the first dude that clearly gave me information on what to do.

Do you maybe know how much series and reps should do?
    For strength purposes - ideal to lift in the 3-6 rep range
    For muscular hypertrophy - 8-15
    For endurance - >15

The specific numbers may not be exact, but the general jist of it is this: strength comes from low reps heavy weight, hypertrophy comes from medium reps medium weight, and endurance comes from training with light weight for high reps.

However, make sure there is enough resistance that completing the number of reps is challenging. Also, don't think, for example, lifting in the strength range means you won't derive a hypertrophy benefit from it - and vice versa. You can gain strength with higher reps and gain size with low reps. These are merely the *optimal* rep ranges adhered to achieving whatever your primary goal may be.

But in all honesty, once you start strength training with weights I highly recommend you lift according to a proven routine, such as All Pros, ICF 5x5 or Babylover's Starting Strength.

And always remember, for strength/size gains you need progressive overload. Look that up.