Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MaddyGS11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaddyGS11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaddyGS11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaddyGS11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaddyGS11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaddyGS11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaddyGS11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaddyGS11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaddyGS11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaddyGS11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaddyGS11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Road to my first show in April, 2012!

So, my name is Maddy, I'm 25 and I'm training for a bodybuilding show in April!

I'm currently 165 pounds, at 5'3. I'd like to say I know my bodyfat, but I don't. I was told that the bodyfat "testers" aren't accurate if you've got a lot of muscle, if you're dehydrated, etc... so I shouldn't go by them at all. I know I'm in the 20s at the moment, and I'm hoping that it'll drop to be between 8-5% come show time!

I've got a trainer, who I've been seeing just twice a week for the last 2 months. We've been working back and legs. Starting tomorrow, we've bumped it up to 5 days a week from then until the show, which is 24 weeks away.
    My coach is Michael Lynds... check his ******** profile! He's a beast! He placed 5th this year at the Canadian Nationals. With a bit more size, he would have definitely placed first or second. I'm so proud to call him my coach and even prouder to say he's a good friend. <3
    Ali, his wife, has been helping me pick out a suit. I ordered it the other day! I got it in green, because it's my favorite color. I think I'll be more confident posing in that, as opposed to say.. pink. :P I'm not the girliest girl out there!!!

Both him and his wife are judges for the show I'm competing in, which helps, because he can help mould me into just the right shape. I'm very excited to see the end result!

Ok, so a little backcheck on me..

I was HUGE as a kid. I mean really huge! 220 at 4 feet. Then, I went down a really long road through anorexia and bulimia (yes, you can be both!) where I dropped down to 80ish pounds! That was a terrible experience.. one I will never go through again. I was always bullied for being too fat, then for being too thin,and then I was called fat when I was anorexic. So, needless to say I've had crazy body issues my whole life.
    Bodybuilding has helped me find a healthy relationship with food and I love getting bigger. I've never dieted down for a show before, so I can't say how it'll affect me... but I know it will be hard! I'm hoping that by keeping this journal and seeing everyone else here, I can stay ontop of things and not get carried away.

Not that this is important, but I'm gay! So when I refer to my girlfriend, know that I'm talking about my significant other.

Well, her name is Candace.. and she's amazing! She has been helping me like crazy with payments on personal training, and she is so supportive. The ladies at the gym offered us a job so that I could get a discount on personal training.. I couldn't take it, but she could. So, she works two jobs just so that I can have such a great trainer.. it costs almost 400$ every two weeks!! o_O
    I have a great, supportive, amazing girlfriend!

I think that's pretty good for an intro entry. =) I'll be posting again soon!

MaddyGS11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaddyGS11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaddyGS11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaddyGS11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaddyGS11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaddyGS11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaddyGS11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaddyGS11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaddyGS11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaddyGS11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaddyGS11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So, since starting with Mike 5 days a week, my split has changed to this:

M- Legs
    T- Chest, Abs
    W- Back
    T- Shoulders, Abs
    F- Arms
    S- Off! Cheat meal
    S- Cardio and Core

I like this schedule a lot better, having Saturday as my cheat day is awesome, because I'm off of work that night!! So I can sit home, stuff my face and chill. :P All for 1 meal.. but that one meal is HUGE. I normally eat an entire large pizza (with no cheese), and a whole dark chocolate (70%) bar. I feel like **** afterwards, but I'm still seeing results like crazzzy!! I try hard to stick to the diet Mike made up for me. Until Sunday, this is what my diet looks like:

Meal 1-
    1/3 cup of oatmeal
    4 egg whites
    20 almonds

Meal 2,3,4,5
    1/3 cup of white rice
    4oz protein (chicken, steak or fish)
    14 almonds
    1/2 cup of broccoli

Meal 6-
    4oz steak
    1 large english cucumber

I feel like I'm eating all the time.. I basically am. Every 2.5-3 hours. I really like it, I feel fantastic. In a couple months, I've dropped 10 pounds of fat and put on a lot of muscle.

Today was chest day. I feel it already and it hasn't even been 12 hours since we worked out together. My abs hurt like crazy, and it feels awesome.

This is what we did:

-Low incline smith press (partials): 4 X 15 W/ 90lbs
    Triset:
    -Flat dumbell press (partials): 4 X 15 W/35lbs
    -Modified flat flye: 4 X 15 W/15lbs
    -Cable cross overs 4 X to failure W/I have no idea how much, I didn't look!

-Hammer strength incline press: 4 X to failure (35+reps)
    Superset with
    -Dips 4 X to failure

For abs:
    -Hanging leg raises... 4 sets to failure
    -Decline crunches... 4 sets to failure

I know if I keep having workouts like this everyday, I'll one day go pro!
    I know, I know.. there's a lot more to it than that.
    But I can still dream!

The mind is everything. SugarDoll's Avatar
    SugarDoll is just really nice. (+1000) SugarDoll is just really nice. (+1000) SugarDoll is just really nice. (+1000) SugarDoll is just really nice. (+1000) SugarDoll is just really nice. (+1000) SugarDoll is just really nice. (+1000) SugarDoll is just really nice. (+1000) SugarDoll is just really nice. (+1000) SugarDoll is just really nice. (+1000) SugarDoll is just really nice. (+1000) SugarDoll is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MaddyGS11 View Post
    So, my name is Maddy, I'm 25 and I'm training for a bodybuilding show in April!

I'm currently 165 pounds, at 5'3. I'd like to say I know my bodyfat, but I don't. I was told that the bodyfat "testers" aren't accurate if you've got a lot of muscle, if you're dehydrated, etc... so I shouldn't go by them at all. I know I'm in the 20s at the moment, and I'm hoping that it'll drop to be between 8-5% come show time!

I've got a trainer, who I've been seeing just twice a week for the last 2 months. We've been working back and legs. Starting tomorrow, we've bumped it up to 5 days a week from then until the show, which is 24 weeks away.
    My coach is Michael Lynds... check his ******** profile! He's a beast! He placed 5th this year at the Canadian Nationals. With a bit more size, he would have definitely placed first or second. I'm so proud to call him my coach and even prouder to say he's a good friend. <3
    Ali, his wife, has been helping me pick out a suit. I ordered it the other day! I got it in green, because it's my favorite color. I think I'll be more confident posing in that, as opposed to say.. pink. :P I'm not the girliest girl out there!!!

Both him and his wife are judges for the show I'm competing in, which helps, because he can help mould me into just the right shape. I'm very excited to see the end result!

Ok, so a little backcheck on me..

I was HUGE as a kid. I mean really huge! 220 at 4 feet. Then, I went down a really long road through anorexia and bulimia (yes, you can be both!) where I dropped down to 80ish pounds! That was a terrible experience.. one I will never go through again. I was always bullied for being too fat, then for being too thin,and then I was called fat when I was anorexic. So, needless to say I've had crazy body issues my whole life.
    Bodybuilding has helped me find a healthy relationship with food and I love getting bigger. I've never dieted down for a show before, so I can't say how it'll affect me... but I know it will be hard! I'm hoping that by keeping this journal and seeing everyone else here, I can stay ontop of things and not get carried away.

Not that this is important, but I'm gay! So when I refer to my girlfriend, know that I'm talking about my significant other.

Well, her name is Candace.. and she's amazing! She has been helping me like crazy with payments on personal training, and she is so supportive. The ladies at the gym offered us a job so that I could get a discount on personal training.. I couldn't take it, but she could. So, she works two jobs just so that I can have such a great trainer.. it costs almost 400$ every two weeks!! o_O

Maddy,

This is a very nice journal entry, very transparent. Thank you for sharing these valuable experiences that you’ve had in life. I look forward to seeing your progress. Good luck! You are going to nail that show in April!

I’m journaling here too; I’m in the transformation process trying to get to 10% body fat levels. Hopefully I can train to compete in the near future once I reach my goal.

Have an awesome evening!
    "Winning isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing."- Vince Lombardi

Journal:
    ––––•(-•*Living The Sugar Dream:::Live to Win*•-)•––––
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139117763

Originally Posted by SugarDoll View Post
    Maddy,

This is a very nice journal entry, very transparent. Thank you for sharing these valuable experiences that you’ve had in life. I look forward to seeing your progress. Good luck! You are going to nail that show in April!

I’m journaling here too; I’m in the transformation process trying to get to 10% body fat levels. Hopefully I can train to compete in the near future once I reach my goal.

Have an awesome evening!
    Thank you, it means a lot! I'll keep an eye on your progress too. You look great so far and you're doing wonderful, keep it up!

Thanks again for checking out my journal! You're awesome!

Wow, I'm so sore! This is crazy, I've never been so sore in my life.. But I love it! I always see muscle soreness as being a huge shock to the body, stimulating growth. =)
    Although the smell of Rub A535 is making me sick. lol

Today was BACK!
    I've been working back with Mike for a while, so today wasn't much different than most days.
    This is what we did:

Warm up really well

- Modified Incline Wide grip cable rows.. (sounds weird, but I don't know what they're actually called!!) 4 sets to failure
    - Machine reverse grip pulldowns 4 X 20 W/70lbs each side! Big jump from the 50 I was doing
    Superset with
    - High cable pulldowns 4 X 15 W/50lbs
    - Reverse grip barbell rows 4 X to failure W/50lbs
    Superset with
    -One Arm Rows 4 X to failure W/35lbs
    -Hyper extentions, and short curls 4 X 30

It was a pretty great workout!
    Mike is about to get signed to a supplement company, so that's exciting news! I'm sure I'll write more about it in a few days, because I don't know much right now.
    Mike is a huge inspiration to me! He seriously pushes me passed every limitation I thought I had. I never say "no", "I can't," or "how many more?"... I just keep pushing until he says "ok, good"... then I stop. He can tell when I've had enough! It usually takes a lot, but I never give up. I never will! He's an incredible trainer! I'm very lucky to be working with him for my first show. I know that my foundation will truly be solid and I'll be able to work on it for years to come.

I am worried about something, though!! My diet! I find it so boring, and though it's being switched up again on Sunday.. I fear that it'll be even harder to stick to. I know that I'm eating every 2.5 hours... but it's still hard. Surely I'll get used to it, but like I said.. it's my very first time doing something like this. So, I guess I'll just stay positive and take it one day at a time. =)

Thanks for reading! It means a lot to me that someone would take the time to read my entries. =)

We just finished working shoulders, and holy Lord did they burn!
    This was our workout:

Giant set ... 4 full sets
    (no rest between excerises, 3 minute rest after each full set)

- Smith machine military press: 15 reps W/50lbs
    - Side lateral raises: 15 reps W/7.5lbs
    - Wide front lateral raises: 15 reps W/7.5lbs
    - Close grip BB lateral raises: 15 reps W/20lbs
    - Upright rows: 15 reps W/20lbs
    - Bent over rear laterals: 15 reps W/15lbs
    - Shrugs: 25 reps W/15lbs

Did that 4 full times, but with the last set, everything went up to 20 reps

- Smith machine military press: 60 reps W/25lbs
    - Leaning side cable lateral raises: 2 X 30 (I didn't check how much weight we used)

Anyway, I couldn't lift my arms at all after this! Haha, it was funny and I got laughed at... :P But, I was proud of myself!!

My diet changed today as well. I get to start the new diet on Sunday, so I have to go out and buy some more food. It's basically the same, except a little less carbs, one less meal, an intra workout shake, dextrose was added as well as BCAAs and Glutamine to all my shakes. New vitamins and a little more cardio!

I have a great feeling about how next years show will turn out! No matter how I place, I will be pleased... because I know I'm giving this my all, and I'm sacrificing so much for it. BUT, you know what?

I LOVE IT!

It's worth it. Soo worth it.

I will be weighing myself on Saturday morning, which is my cheat day. =) I'm looking forward to that large pizza, just for me!!

MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1. Canadian = awesome
    2. Female BB = awesome
    3. Open + Honest = even more aweseomer

I'm in (re: e-stalking)

Show em how we roll in Canada.

Mo
    Team Amazon: Sisterhood of Iron

The myth that women should be weak is perpetuated by men who fear strong women and women who fear hard work.
    #selfcare #pickitup #putitdown

Originally Posted by MoEcho View Post
    1. Canadian = awesome
    2. Female BB = awesome
    3. Open + Honest = even more aweseomer

I'm in (re: e-stalking)

Show em how we roll in Canada.

Mo
    Haha, that put a huge smile on my face! Thank you!! =) If you would like to e-stalk some more, you may add me to ********! I update my progress pics monthly there My name is Maddy GS

Nice to meet you, Mo!

MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Haha, that put a huge smile on my face! Thank you!! =) If you would like to e-stalk some more, you may add me to ********! I update my progress pics monthly there My name is Maddy GS

Nice to meet you, Mo!
    WILL DO! You can keep my a@@ in line when I start prepping next year

The myth that women should be weak is perpetuated by men who fear strong women and women who fear hard work.

WILL DO! You can keep my a@@ in line when I start prepping next year
    We'll help each other, and maybe see each other at Nationals one day! =)

wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Welcome and hey there--that's an excellent intro!
    And how cool is that to have such support from your girlfriend! I'm a fellow sister of the dark side , and my girlfriend is the same way! It makes all the difference in the world. Looking forward to seeing your journey!
    Those who do not move, do not notice their chains. Rosa Luxemburg

Originally Posted by wolfpack7483 View Post
    Welcome and hey there--that's an excellent intro!
    And how cool is that to have such support from your girlfriend! I'm a fellow sister of the dark side , and my girlfriend is the same way! It makes all the difference in the world. Looking forward to seeing your journey!

It sure does make a difference! She motivates me and doesn't make me feel bad for spending more on bodybuilding than we do on rent every month. :P I promised we'd get her a new car once my personal training contract is up, hehe.

Thank you for your kind words, and nice to meet you.

OK!! So on with my arm workout!!

This is what we did:

Superset:
    - Partials DB curls 4 X 15 W/30lbs
    - Reverse tricep straight bar pushdowns 4 X 20 W/Oops, I didn't look at the weight.

Superset:
    - Spider curls with EZ-bar 4 X 20 W/40lbs
    - Overhead rope tricep extentions 4 X to failure W/37.5lbs

Superset:
    - Hercules curls 4 X to failure W/oops.
    - One arm reverse grip push downs 4 X to failure W/oops. lol

Superset:
    - Preacher curls (21s) 4 X to failure W/50lbs
    - Close grip dips on the assisted pullup machine... 4 X to failure (30+) W/86.5lbs

Then cardio on the stepmill for 20 minutes!

Needless to say, HOLY LORD! My arms felt massive, so full of blood!!

I would totally recommend trying out these workouts! But keep in mind that the technique (form) is modified, and the workout was created to target things I'm not so strong on. You would still get the benefit from it, clearly!!

Also, one thing I NEED to remember is that I have to keep my chest up.. I have a tendency to hunch over, which isn't good. So, chest up, chest up, chest up!!

That's all for today!

Thanks for reading.
    You get what you put in, so give it all you've got and you'll get what you deserve.

Feel free to add me on ********! =)
    http://www.********.com/#!/profile.php?id=100002810587794

We'll help each other, and maybe see each other at Nationals one day! =)
    Support YES!
    Nationals ... um ... I'll be happy if I can actually get more than 2 abs to appear

Holy friggin arm workout..... I may just steal that for today's session .......

Support YES!
    Nationals ... um ... I'll be happy if I can actually get more than 2 abs to appear

Holy friggin arm workout..... I may just steal that for today's session .......
    You can do absolutely anything! Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym! So let the diet take that off. =) I still only do 25 minutes of cardio and fat-weight is coming off pretty steady! And remember, genetics do play a factor... but don't let that stop you from doing your best. I sure don't!

The arm workout was killer! If Mike knows one thing, it's definitely arms. His measure 20", easy, and that's contest shape!
    Rememer to really get full range (though I'm sure you know this!) More blood flow = more tears in the muscle = muscle growth!
    You get what you put in, so give it all you've got and you'll get what you deserve.

So? I am curious to hear a full report of your treat meal (if you had one today that is)

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm in...subbed...

I think it's awesome that your girlfriend is so supportive of your goals, will definitely make your journey an easier one.

I'm tired just reading about your insanely intense workouts...hot damn girl!
    Last edited by megdaig; 10-29-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hi Maddy!

Love your journal...you sound all psyched up; I love it!

Im 2 weeks out from my first figure show. Im pretty miserable, and can't wait to get back to where you are! And enjoy your cheat meals, lol...you will miss them when they're gone!!
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become." Buddha

TEAM AMAZON - Sisterhood of Iron

So? I am curious to hear a full report of your treat meal (if you had one today that is)
    Hehe, I did. A large pizza with pepperoni, green and black olives with no cheese and a big mac! haha
    =)
    I can definitely eat a lot of food!! But I feel very bloated and gross, so I'm drinking an insane amount of water to help with that.
    What do you usually have?

Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    I'm in...subbed...

I think it's awesome that your girlfriend is so supportive of your goals, will definitely make your journey an easier one.

I'm tired just reading about your insanely intense workouts...hot damn girl!
    Thank you!! I'm very lucky to have so much support, from Candace, my family and friends. Also, I have an amazing trainer who makes every workout count.
    Thank you for subscribing! I'm going to check out your journal now, too.

Originally Posted by bosgirlin09 View Post
    Hi Maddy!

Love your journal...you sound all psyched up; I love it!

Im 2 weeks out from my first figure show. Im pretty miserable, and can't wait to get back to where you are! And enjoy your cheat meals, lol...you will miss them when they're gone!!
    Two weeks? Wow, that's awesome! Yeah, I love eating so much! :P Just think though.. pretty soon, you'll be able to get right back into it and eat whatever you want and take a nice deserving break. It's just two weeks. I'm excited to see how you do. My friend Tracey MacDonald is a figure competitor too! She's just did a pro show in Texas. =)

Good luck!!

Today was cardio and core.

This is what I did!:

Superset:
    - Medicine ball crunches 3 X 25
    - Medicine ball twists 3 X 20

- Hanging leg raises 3 X 30

Superset:
    - Cable oblique crunches 3 X 25
    - V-ups 3 X 25

- Hyper extentions (pre-exhaust) then short curls
    - Back extention 3 X 25 W/150lbs

Cardio: 30 minutes on the Stepmill, 15 minutes incline treadmill

It felt great!
    I also officially started my new diet... which is basically like the same, like I said, except that there's less carbs, added supplements and more cardio. It's kind of like I'm starting my cutting phase a little earlier, because we're unsure of how my body will respond to the diet... since it's my first show and all!
    The diet is really ridgid, though. Everything is so strictly timed! I have a schedule for exactly what I eat and when, when I workout, take my vitamins and shakes. It's kind of fun, actually. It's so strict, but I'm really enjoying learning how to be more disciplined!

This is going to be an emo post, haha, so if you're still reading, wow, you're a trooper! Thank you.

I can't lie, I really do want to go pro one day. So many Nova Scotians have gone pro recently and I want to be one of them in a few years. =)
    I know I can do it!

Although I've always wanted to be a bodybuilder, I never really even thought about competing until October 31st 2010 (a year ago tomorrow, actually!). I don't know if you know who Santana Anderson is, but he's last years Mr. Canada. He used to work at Goodlife in Halifax, and I had my first PHP (Personal Health Profile) with him. I obviously requested it, because well.. hello! Professional IFBB bodybuilder!! Haha, anyway, he took one look at me and asked me right away if I'd considered competing. It was then that I dedicated myself as much as possible. I didn't have enough money to get him as a personal trainer... I work for a cleaning company! I don't make a lot of money at all, so as soon as I saw the prices I felt very discouraged... but I still gave it my all and kicked butt in the gym as much as I could!
    I saved and saved and finally was able to get a trainer. And now I have him. It's so cool though, because Mike and Santana are great friends, and they have the same trainer... I know Mike talks about me to Santana, and one day I have to make sure Mike tells him that he's what kicked me over the edge to want to get on a stage one day. I would, but I don't know him that personally. haha, might be weird!

I just think it's really cool how someone can have such an influence on you, with just a couple words. Those couple words changed my life!

Aww, I'm so corney.
    lol.. Santana will likely be doing guest posing again next year at the NSABBA, and I want to make sure I talk to him, and thank him for that. Otherwise, I would probably still just be dreaming, instead of doing.

=)

TOMORROW IS LEG DAY!
    Oh Lord. Pray for me, haha..
    :P
    Happy Halloween everyone! =)

Pizza without cheese? OMG :sadface: lol

Have fun with legs tomorrow......... good luck walking on Tuesday!!

Pizza without cheese? OMG :sadface: lol

Have fun with legs tomorrow......... good luck walking on Tuesday!!
    lol, you're funny!
    I can't have cheese.. Milk sugar doesn't agree with me! Besides, I figure if I'm going to go all out and get a 16'' pizza.. I may as well be somewhat healthy and not get cheese.. haha
    :P

frogisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frogisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frogisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frogisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frogisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frogisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frogisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frogisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frogisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frogisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frogisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just popped in your thread (nice to see another canuk!) I aspire to have your back definition!! You look great and best of luck to ya in the spring. I too can't afford the trainers at goodlife (however, none of them at my local really appeal to me, just from what i've seen).

May I ask how long you've been training? I mean in total, not just your current contest prepping. You shall be my inspiration!!

2ndfloor is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2ndfloor is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2ndfloor is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2ndfloor is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2ndfloor is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2ndfloor is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2ndfloor is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2ndfloor is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2ndfloor is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2ndfloor is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2ndfloor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi! Nice to meet you. Nice post! I don't do BB, just PL. I like eating too much to do BB. lol.

Also, I read that your PT costs $400 every two weeks? Wow! It's nice of your girlfriend to work there so you can get the discount. I have a PT at my local Y which charges ~$20 per session if you buy a 3-month package. I know it's a bargain, but I still skimp and struggle with other things so I can afford to do it. These things are worth it!

Good luck with your journey towards your first show!
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137873243

Originally Posted by frogisco View Post
    Just popped in your thread (nice to see another canuk!) I aspire to have your back definition!! You look great and best of luck to ya in the spring. I too can't afford the trainers at goodlife (however, none of them at my local really appeal to me, just from what i've seen).

May I ask how long you've been training? I mean in total, not just your current contest prepping. You shall be my inspiration!!
    Hey! Thanks! I'm very flattered, honest, it means a lot to me. =)

I managed to save up for a trainer, I see him 5 days a week from now until Showtime. 700$ a month! Nutts! but I'm willing to sacrifice for it, so it's all good. Everything I post in here is detailed from what he tells me to do, diet, training and supplements. You can benefit from following it, if you want!

In total, I guess about a year and a half. I've always been active, but I just started lifting heavy in 2010. Bodybuilding training is a lot different than your run of the mill gym session. I didn't know that until two months ago!

Thanks for stopping by!

Originally Posted by 2ndfloor View Post
    Hi! Nice to meet you. Nice post! I don't do BB, just PL. I like eating too much to do BB. lol.

Also, I read that your PT costs $400 every two weeks? Wow! It's nice of your girlfriend to work there so you can get the discount. I have a PT at my local Y which charges ~$20 per session if you buy a 3-month package. I know it's a bargain, but I still skimp and struggle with other things so I can afford to do it. These things are worth it!

Good luck with your journey towards your first show!
    Yeah, it's between 350-400, depending on if I see him every session that week. Expensive, but worth it, like you said. =) I wouldn't trade Mike for anything! =)

Nice to meet you, too. =)

Leg day was awesome!

Ok, here's what we did:

Warm up, two sets of single leg leg extentions

"Three Horsemen", a triset of the following:

- Hacksquats 3 X 15 W/110lbs
    - Squats 3 X 15 W/90lbs
    - Squat/Press 3 X 15 W/270lbs

Superset:
    - Lunges to failure
    - Lunge kickbacks (10 each leg)

- Seated leg curls, toes in, toes straight ahead, toes out... 3 X 10, 10, 10

- Stiff leg dumbell deadlifts 4 X 15 W/50lb dumbbells

Mm, yes, I think that's it. I usually sit here, still sweaty from my workout and write this, because I'm afraid I'll forget! I've got the worst memory. :P

ok, my new diet is HARD!
    It's the beginning to my cutting phase.

This is what I eat (very ridgid schedule! but fun! hehe, I'm a dork!)

Wake up at 10AM

Meal #1: (10:30AM)
    4 egg whites
    20 almonds
    1/4 cup of oatmeal
    1/4 cup of fibre one

12PM:
    Shake, which consists of:
    40g natural protein
    3g BCAAs
    3g Glutamine
    25g Dextrose
    10g Gatorade

Workout... drink another shake w/the same stuff intra-workout

230PM, another shake with the same

Meal #2: (3PM)
    4 oz chicken
    1/2 cup broccoli
    1/4 cup rice
    14 almonds

Meal #3: (6PM)
    Same as above with steak

Meal #4: (9PM)
    Same as above with Haddock

Meal #5: (Before bed)
    Shake:
    40g Natural protein
    3g Glutamine
    3g BCAAs

1 English cucumber

I train at the same time everday, and I work during the day and a couple hours at night. I'm always checking the clock to make sure I get everything in on time.

Today Mike and I had a small conversation about.................." supplements"
    yes, you know what I'm talking about!!

I don't take any right now, but I know I'll have to in the future. I just am really afraid of looking... masculine. I mean, like, really masculine! But, I'm not even really thinking about that right now. I still haven't even competed yet! So we'll see how Provincials go, then I'm sure there'll be talk of.. certain special supplements. He isn't "for" it for me right now, but he's forewarning me that if I want to go really far in the sport... that it's vital to consider these things.

And.. well, I do. I want to go pro one day. Like a some of you have noticed, I'm honest.. and I'm also open to opinions of what you guys think about that issue.
    A good friend of Mikes, Cindy "Phillips", went pro a couple years ago. Anyway, she's also from Nova Scotia, and she's absolutely frigging GORGEOUS! And Massive. If you don't know who she is, google her sometime! Anyway, she supposedly hasn't touched the stuff.. and she's pro! So, I'm thinking along those lines.. It's something I'll avoid for as long as I can. I do believe I have great genetics to get me to Nationals at some point, but we'll see what happens from there.
    Until then... nothing is a substitute for hard work and good food. =)

I hope everyone is doing great!!
    Thanks again. =)

Today was chest day, which was very similar to last weeks workout:

Warm up with partials on smith

- Partial Chest presses 4 X 15 W/90lbs

Giant set (4 full sets, no rest, 15 reps each exercise)
    - Flat dumbbell press W/30lbs
    - Modified DB Flye W/17.5lbs
    - DB pull overs W/35lbs
    - Cable cross overs W/Oops, no idea

-Incline partial press (rest pause)
    4 X to failure

25 minutes on the stepmill!

So that was my workout, not soooo intense today, but that just means I'm adjusting to this new routine of everyday awesomeness with Mike. So, that's great!
    I'm due for progress pictures, but I've decided to wait a week or so, because I've been too sore to flex!

And, I'm REALLY starting to like my lower body. Especially from the side, because my butt is getting rounder!! It was pretty flat before.. there was chunk, but it was flat. Now it's really shaping up and I love it! My legs have the separation going down the side, same with my calves.. So I'm starting to see improvements already-- I can't get over how quickly my body responds! I hope it just keeps getting better, because it'll make dieting a breeze. I thrive off of progress!

Ok well that's pretty well it! Tomorrow is my back day! We're focusing on my width, because I've got more thickness than width. It'll all come together soon.

I'm also starting to really get to know people in the industry, so that's great. I know a few people now, who have been vital in my first few steps, who I cannot thank enough! More and more, I've been making great new friends! I'm so happy about this, because having support is key to success.

I hope everyone is doing great!
    =)