csutbut is on a distinguished road. (+10) csutbut is on a distinguished road. (+10) csutbut is on a distinguished road. (+10) csutbut is on a distinguished road. (+10) csutbut is on a distinguished road. (+10) csutbut is on a distinguished road. (+10) csutbut is on a distinguished road. (+10) csutbut is on a distinguished road. (+10) csutbut is on a distinguished road. (+10) csutbut is on a distinguished road. (+10) csutbut is on a distinguished road. (+10)

oatmeal before bed?

okay so i know its 'bad to have carbs before bed' but i am HUnnggrry at night! im doing Jamie Easons 12 week program and im havig ahard time filling up!! the cals are quite low!! usually i eat 1800 and with this plan im eating 1500.... but i usually like to have a bowl of oats with cottage cheese and pb before bed.. with a few choc chips too :P... it helps me feeel just satisfied enough to sleep and i dont wake up TOo ravenous.. will this hinder fat loss and leaning down results?!

Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by csutbut View Post
    okay so i know its 'bad to have carbs before bed' but i am HUnnggrry at night! im doing Jamie Easons 12 week program and im havig ahard time filling up!! the cals are quite low!! usually i eat 1800 and with this plan im eating 1500.... but i usually like to have a bowl of oats with cottage cheese and pb before bed.. with a few choc chips too :P... it helps me feeel just satisfied enough to sleep and i dont wake up TOo ravenous.. will this hinder fat loss and leaning down results?!
    Simply fit the oats into your caloric intake for the day and you're golden. It's not bad to eat carbs before bed. Best of luck!

Edit: 1500 seems very low btw.
    Last edited by Tifflex; 10-24-2011 at 11:29 AM.
    Genshai

MartaKS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MartaKS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MartaKS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MartaKS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MartaKS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MartaKS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MartaKS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MartaKS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MartaKS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MartaKS is on a distinguished road. (+10) MartaKS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tifflex View Post
    Simply fit the oats into your caloric intake for the day and you're golden. It's not bad to eat carbs before bad. Best of luck!
    I second this
    Go life heavy stuff.

kurohoshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurohoshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurohoshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurohoshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurohoshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurohoshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurohoshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurohoshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurohoshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurohoshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) kurohoshi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I thought it was bad to eat carbs before bed because carbs give you energy.. so if you are eating them before bed isn't it hard to sleep? <-- I could be wrong.. that's just what I was told. Actually, my personal trainer told me not to eat any carbs past 7 pm.. (keep in mind, 7pm is based on -MY- sleeping schedule)
    xbox gt: kurozorz
    steam: kickasscass

Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP,

Why are you now eating 1500 cals?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post769658453
    Genshai

csutbut is on a distinguished road. (+10) csutbut is on a distinguished road. (+10) csutbut is on a distinguished road. (+10) csutbut is on a distinguished road. (+10) csutbut is on a distinguished road. (+10) csutbut is on a distinguished road. (+10) csutbut is on a distinguished road. (+10) csutbut is on a distinguished road. (+10) csutbut is on a distinguished road. (+10) csutbut is on a distinguished road. (+10) csutbut is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im on her plan and the totals come out to about 1500... im also trying to lean down a bit so i know i can only do thatif i cut my cals.. that said.. im 5'4 and 110 lbs.. i kknow i dont need to lose weight but i want to lose body fat % [QUOTE=Tifflex;770976483]OP,

Why are you now eating 1500 cals?

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I agree that 1500 is too low. I think you'd be better served either eating at maintenance and lifting heavy, essentially doing a recomp since you say you want to lose body fat and not weight. And at your stats, you shouldn't be trying to lose weight. OR you can do a slow bulk and eat slightly over maintenance and build some lean mass for a while and then go on a cut.

As for the oatmeal before bed, it doesn't matter what you eat or what time you eat it as long as it fits into your cals/macros for the day. I frequently eat carbs at night if it's gotten to be the end of the day and I have room for more.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

oo so if i eat at maintenance but just lift heavy and do some cardio ( i loveee HIIT and tabata) then i can still lose some fat?

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The idea of a recomp is to lose fat and gain lean mass at the same time. Of course, it is much slower going than doing a bulk. If you do a bulk, you're eating at a caloric surplus so you will gain muscle faster, but gaining fat will come along with it. You just have to find the right amount of calories to keep the fat gains to a minimum, so you want to be only gaining about 1/2 pound per week on a bulk. If you're recomping, your scale weight should stay the same, but you should see changes in the way your body looks but you have to be patient.

If you haven't already, go the sticky on calculating cals and macros and you'll get all the info you need there. Figure out your macros to allow for your oatmeal before bed if that is something you really enjoy.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE