KMokhtar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting rid of fat layer on chest?

I'm 17 years old and I go to the gym almost daily. My chest is good in terms of muscle, I've got good pecs but the problem is I've got a layer of fat under the skin. They are not man boobs, no. But I want to get rid of this layer or at least make it thinner to get a better shape and look. I also got a similar problem with skin over the abs. When I flex them you can see it divide into two columns but it wont divide into rows. I need to thin this layer of fat. I've been bodybuilding for about 2.5 years now. For pecs I currently do the following exercises:

- High cable crossover
    - Flat low cable crossover
    - flat Medium grip bench press
    - Incline Dumbbell press
    - Decline dumbbell press
    - Flat dumbbell flies

Please recommend anything (Cardio/Other exercises/diet tips) that would help me.

Thank you!

nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000)
    In order to lose fat from the chest, you'll have to lose it everywhere. That means cutting back calories so that you're body is in a deficit. However, at 17 and assuming you still have plenty of growth potential, take in lots of protein and lift heavy and hard. Ride that testosterone-filled puberty wagon as long as possible and worry about cutting in a year or so.

Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    like clone said, you have to lose fat everywhere, you can't pick and choose.

I'd recommend going over your diet more than your workout routine.

Cardio is not necessary for losing fat unless you're diet is off.

What's a medium grip bench press?

Use a normal grip, the closer you go the more you start hitting your triceps instead of your chest. Also, instead of the decline press I'd prefer to do dips... cable crossovers & flies = very similar exercise by the way.

TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by KMokhtar View Post
    I'm 17 years old and I go to the gym almost daily. My chest is good in terms of muscle, I've got good pecs but the problem is I've got a layer of fat under the skin. They are not man boobs, no. But I want to get rid of this layer or at least make it thinner to get a better shape and look. I also got a similar problem with skin over the abs. When I flex them you can see it divide into two columns but it wont divide into rows. I need to thin this layer of fat. I've been bodybuilding for about 2.5 years now. For pecs I currently do the following exercises:

- High cable crossover
    - Incline Dumbbell press
    - Decline dumbbell press
    - Flat dumbbell flies

Please recommend anything (Cardio/Other exercises/diet tips) that would help me.

Thank you!
    Diet and lose body fat. See stickies for more info.
    Aug of 2010 - 330 lbs <--- Never Forget

H2OPOLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2OPOLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2OPOLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2OPOLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2OPOLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2OPOLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2OPOLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2OPOLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2OPOLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2OPOLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2OPOLO is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Stop doing all these chest exercises. Stick to barbell bench, it's all you need for chest. Sounds like you have ****arounditis

http://www.leangains.com/2011/09/****arounditis.html

Read number 4

Originally Posted by KMokhtar View Post

- High cable crossover
    - Incline Dumbbell press
    - Decline dumbbell press
    - Flat dumbbell flies

Thank you!

roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As above, get your nutrition right and make sure your getting enough protein

Stick to basic chest movements for 6-10 strict reps

When I started training I had a 31 inch chest and it gre to 50 inches natural, always loved the basic movements.

Bench, Incline, DB Flyes.
    -80 kgs in 15 months.
    -100 kgs goal (75kgs bodyweight)

Abs on a skinny guy is like a fatgirl with big tits, it doesn't count.