Workhard20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Workhard20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Workhard20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Workhard20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Workhard20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Workhard20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Workhard20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Workhard20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Workhard20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Workhard20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Workhard20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Since no one reads the injury section..help?

Today was my leg day and I always start off by stretching good and then doing squats for my first exercise. I start off really light and work my way up. I got on my third set for 245 lb and my lower back started hurting so bad. Like unbearable pain. My lower back has been hurting for awhile but I've been ignoring it. Today it hurt so bad I just left the gym. Tomorrow is my chest day so I should have no problem doing that but Wednesday is my back day when I usually start off with deadlifts. I'm thinking I better lay off all lower back exercises for at least 1-2 weeks. This pain has been going on for about 3-4 weeks but today it was just to bad to continue working out. I guess on my leg days I will do a lot of leg press instead of squats which sucks... Anyone have an idea of what I could of done?
    Orthopedic Murse - Lifting Patients For a Living

Lifetime Natty And Will Forever Remain That Way

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    You did the right thing in laying off for the day. Give the lower back a week or two off from anything heavy and hit up legs with leg press, leg curls, etc. Then when you feel low back is better try and add the core intensive compounds back into the routine. If it still causes any issues may want to check with a doctor. Sounds like you might just have strained that muscle though.

Good luck. And lulz at no one reading the injury section
    You would be surprised just how much time I have to waste.