Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    viking967 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viking967 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viking967 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viking967 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viking967 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viking967 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viking967 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viking967 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viking967 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viking967 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viking967 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PassinThrough View Post
    Bumping this. Right now you can get the EliteFTS Deluxe Glute Ham Raise for under a grand. They got a 10% off deal ATM and its on sale for an extra $50. I'm taking the plunge.
    Passinthrough - Did you pull the trigger? I have not bought it yet but it is still top on my list, although with the split pad and shipping it is coming up at $1,184...

PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by viking967 View Post
    Passinthrough - Did you pull the trigger? I have not bought it yet but it is still top on my list, although with the split pad and shipping it is coming up at $1,184...
    I did. I spoke with this guy Matt who was very helpful and he said the split pad wasn't worth the extra hundred. Without the split pad my total including shipping was $965.

The annual Equipment Sale is coming up pretty soon, that will be the next time you can get some money off. I'm not sure of the exact date, but if you call up Elite and ask to speak with Matt I'm sure he'll let you know.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #18 []---[]

viking967 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viking967 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viking967 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viking967 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viking967 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viking967 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viking967 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viking967 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viking967 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viking967 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viking967 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I did. I spoke with this guy Matt who was very helpful and he said the split pad wasn't worth the extra hundred. Without the split pad my total including shipping was $965.

The annual Equipment Sale is coming up pretty soon, that will be the next time you can get some money off. I'm not sure of the exact date, but if you call up Elite and ask to speak with Matt I'm sure he'll let you know.
    Thanks, PassinThrough!

Just called and they said their annual equipment sale had ended at 2pm today... Weird to have such a specific time but apparently the sale is pretty short and then they had extended it by 24 hours. The first woman I spoke to said she could not give me the sale price, but I called back a few minutes later and spoke to Matt and he agreed to give me the sale price.

I went with the split pad and ended up saving $125 when it was all said and done. Can't wait to get this bad boy!

mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Matt's a good guy. He honoured a price error on my Collegiate GHD even though it was hundreds off. Helped me out with bunch of other stuff as well.

I also did not get the split pad, don't regret it at all. Works absolutely fine and never had an issue. Hope you both enjoy your new toys.

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mroc17 View Post
    Matt's a good guy. He honoured a price error on my Collegiate GHD even though it was hundreds off. Helped me out with bunch of other stuff as well.

I also did not get the split pad, don't regret it at all. Works absolutely fine and never had an issue. Hope you both enjoy your new toys.
    Agreed 100% about Matt, he's the guy to talk to. I've had him hold sale prices for me in the past, he's helped me make decisions and has been timely getting me shipping quotes etc. Also, when I bought my ghd, about a month after the sale but still a couple weeks before it shipped it was on sale for 100 bucks less than I spent, ronda and matt ended up refunding me the 100 off my sale when I requested it because it still hadn't shipped. They honestly didn't have to do that, and the fact that I have spent alot of money with them probably was in the equation somewhere, but still, I appreciate that kind of customer service.

Thanks, PassinThrough!

Just called and they said their annual equipment sale had ended at 2pm today... Weird to have such a specific time but apparently the sale is pretty short and then they had extended it by 24 hours. The first woman I spoke to said she could not give me the sale price, but I called back a few minutes later and spoke to Matt and he agreed to give me the sale price.

I went with the split pad and ended up saving $125 when it was all said and done. Can't wait to get this bad boy!
    nice man, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by darkfact View Post
    Agreed 100% about Matt, he's the guy to talk to. I've had him hold sale prices for me in the past, he's helped me make decisions and has been timely getting me shipping quotes etc. Also, when I bought my ghd, about a month after the sale but still a couple weeks before it shipped it was on sale for 100 bucks less than I spent, ronda and matt ended up refunding me the 100 off my sale when I requested it because it still hadn't shipped. They honestly didn't have to do that, and the fact that I have spent alot of money with them probably was in the equation somewhere, but still, I appreciate that kind of customer service.
    Yeah, same here situation in a way. I ended up with a Collegiate GHD for a little over $1000 because of website error that lasted a few hours. Elite is definitely one of my favourite companies.

gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah, same here situation in a way. I ended up with a Collegiate GHD for a little over $1000 because of website error that lasted a few hours. Elite is definitely one of my favourite companies.
    Lucky!
    My Home Gym

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=769215813#post769215813

...WW
    ../___\
    .| OO |
    (|_()_|)
    ..\___/
    //|\/|\\

5/3/1 Workout

Squat ATG 365 x 1
    Deadlift 405 x 1
    Bench 275 x 1
    Standing Press 185 x 1

PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks, PassinThrough!

No problem. I'm glad you were able to get that sale price. This is my first big purchase from them and it went well. Really like there costumer service and will be buying more equipment from them in the future.

nice man, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
    Got mine last week and I love it.

Yeah, same here situation in a way. I ended up with a Collegiate GHD for a little over $1000 because of website error that lasted a few hours. Elite is definitely one of my favorite companies.
    Wow I wish I coulda snatched the Collegiate for that price.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #18 []---[]

Questtt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Questtt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Questtt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Questtt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Questtt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Questtt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Questtt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Reviving this slightly older thread . . . I too have been doing a lot of research on GHR benches and appreciated all the comments on this thread. I had narrowed it down to the same benches previously discussed and also decided on the Elite FTS GHR as well.

To those that purchased the Elite FTS GHR (deluxe or Collegiate--Viking967, PassinThrough, mroc17, gp92089, and everyone/anyone else) . . . are you glad you got/regret not getting, the split pad?

What color bench and pads did you go with? Recommendations?

I am a little confused, on Deluxe Elite FTS window there is a video that presumably shows the Deluxe bench--it has 3 tube hooks and a chrome foot platform slide whereas picture on website shows 2 band hooks and a black foot platform slide . . . which is correct?
    (Just told I'm not allowed to post link bkz I don't have 50 prior posts . . . soon).

Is anyone aware of any upcoming sales--and how much do they discount with their sales?

Thank you very much--I sincerely appreciate any and all help/advise with this purchase!

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Questtt3 View Post
    Reviving this slightly older thread . . . I too have been doing a lot of research on GHR benches and appreciated all the comments on this thread. I had narrowed it down to the same benches previously discussed and also decided on the Elite FTS GHR as well.

To those that purchased the Elite FTS GHR (deluxe or Collegiate--Viking967, PassinThrough, mroc17, gp92089, and everyone/anyone else) . . . are you glad you got/regret not getting, the split pad?

What color bench and pads did you go with? Recommendations?

I am a little confused, on Deluxe Elite FTS window there is a video that presumably shows the Deluxe bench--it has 3 tube hooks and a chrome foot platform slide whereas picture on website shows 2 band hooks and a black foot platform slide . . . which is correct?
    (Just told I'm not allowed to post link bkz I don't have 50 prior posts . . . soon).

Is anyone aware of any upcoming sales--and how much do they discount with their sales?

Thank you very much--I sincerely appreciate any and all help/advise with this purchase!
    I got the collegiate split pad, I'd buy it again for sure and no regrets at all on the split pad.

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

Questtt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Questtt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Questtt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Questtt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Questtt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Questtt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Questtt3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I got the collegiate split pad, I'd buy it again for sure and no regrets at all on the split pad.
    Thanks darkfact--that is great to hear.

Darkfact, do you ever find you have any issues with the split pad when doing other exercises . . . for example straight leg sit ups or oblique crunches, etc.? Is the "split" section ever a hinderance in any way?

You mention you have the Collegiate, by any chance have you ever seen the Deluxe version? Does the Collegiate perform in a practical way that someone would later regret not spending up for the Collegiate version?

Lastly, between black, silver and white frame color . . . any thoughts on which looks best on the Elite GHR?

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Questtt3; 04-11-2012 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Additional Question.

Thanks darkfact--that is great to hear.

Darkfact, do you ever find you have any issues with the split pad when doing other exercises . . . for example straight leg sit ups or oblique crunches, etc.? Is the "split" section ever a hinderance in any way?

You mention you have the Collegiate, by any chance have you ever seen the Deluxe version? Does the Collegiate perform in a practical way that someone would later regret not spending up for the Collegiate version?

Lastly, between black, silver and white frame color . . . any thoughts on which looks best on the Elite GHR?

Thanks again.
    I don't really use the ghd for abs, and never for obliques, but the split pad is a nice benefit when doing back extensions, for ghr's it doesn't matter if you have split or not.

Never seen the deluxe in person, I have the collegiate, it might be a tad over doing it for the home use but I also think it has longer foot rollers and a longer foot plate, if I'm correct then yes I would buy the collegiate again over the deluxe, I vary the width of my stance on the plate and also the angle my toes point so I prefer longer rollers and plate.

I buy everything in all black, it's only preference, but I also own like 50 black t-shirts and I'm a huge metal head, so, perhaps there's some correlation lol? I'm debating buying black frames with red pads in the future, it looks sharp and adds some splashes of color around, not sure though, right now everything is black on black.

Home gym pics:

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I ended up getting the collegiate GHR too-but I have the solid pad. For GHR's its fine-once I found the correct plate & foot positions. For back extensions though a split pad would probably be better. Like darkfact I don't do abs on it, I have an ab bench and other things I prefer. I love it, and although it is a bit pricey, I don't regret it, but there are other great GHD machines for less money too (sorinex comes to mind) but alot of it is personal preference too, -longer handles, larger foot plates etc.

gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Mine is from Outlaw Strength, while it looks pretty much identical to the EliteFts it was about 1/2 the price. I would assume they are the same so deff buy it, you wont regret it big guy!

My Home Gym

...WW
    ../___\
    .| OO |
    (|_()_|)
    ..\___/
    //|\/|\\

5/3/1 Workout

Squat ATG 365 x 1
    Deadlift 405 x 1
    Bench 275 x 1
    Standing Press 185 x 1

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    gp is the pad curved at an angle like hte elite?

ps do you have a link to their store all i could find was their ebay store, unless thats it.
    Last edited by matrix563; 04-12-2012 at 12:05 PM.
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    gp is the pad curved at an angle like hte elite?

ps do you have a link to their store all i could find was their ebay store, unless thats it.
    Hey Matrix,

Yes the pad is tilted like the elitefts one. As for the website it is through ebay but give the guy a call.
    My Home Gym

...WW
    ../___\
    .| OO |
    (|_()_|)
    ..\___/
    //|\/|\\

5/3/1 Workout

Squat ATG 365 x 1
    Deadlift 405 x 1
    Bench 275 x 1
    Standing Press 185 x 1

. . . the split pad is a nice benefit when doing back extensions, for ghr's it doesn't matter if you have split or not.

. . . I have the collegiate, it might be a tad over doing it for the home use but I also think it has longer foot rollers and a longer foot plate, if I'm correct then yes I would buy the collegiate again over the deluxe . . .

I buy everything in all black, it's only preference, but I also own like 50 black t-shirts and I'm a huge metal head, so, perhaps there's some correlation lol? I'm debating buying black frames with red pads in the future, it looks sharp and adds some splashes of color around, not sure though, right now everything is black on black.
    Thank you darkfact! Despite the additional cost ($100), my first inclination was to also go with the split pad. It is at the very least "distracting" doing weighted back extensions while my boys are getting ground into the hip pad--hate that.

It is funny (and typical (for me)) how buying this GHR has kind of mushroomed. This all began with someone I know selling a good 0/45 degree Roman bench for $375 and then me thinking--I have always wanted a GHR, why not put the money (and space) into the GHR. Researching quite a number of GHRs, my budget ceiling has continued to climb. With Elite FTS' GHR, at first I considered the basic $800 bench . . . then the Deluxe and now find myself wondering if I should consider the $1600 (plus $245 shipping) Collegiate. With other things competing for my wallet at the moment, the Collegiate is a stretch . . . without having the chance to try either (let alone having the chance to try both to compare) it is tough. Apart from the nice bearing adjustment feature, more significant . . . would the larger rollers and larger plate be worth it? One thing I can't quite figure out . . . both the basic and Collegiate models are 60" long while the Deluxe is 67". I thought the Deluxe was the Basic version with band hooks, step plate and chrome . . . apparently not exactly. Not a big deal, but why did they design the Deluxe longer than the Basic and Collegiate? Advantage, disadvantage, or irrelevant?

Lol . . . "50 black t-shirts and metal head" . . . I like that. Yeah, I was thinking all black (frame and pads) or all black frame and black pad with red on sides . . . or silver frame with black pad (most of my other benches are variations of silver).

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thank you darkfact! Despite the additional cost ($100), my first inclination was to also go with the split pad. It is at the very least "distracting" doing weighted back extensions while my boys are getting ground into the hip pad--hate that.

It is funny (and typical (for me)) how buying this GHR has kind of mushroomed. This all began with someone I know selling a good 0/45 degree Roman bench for $375 and then me thinking--I have always wanted a GHR, why not put the money (and space) into the GHR. Researching quite a number of GHRs, my budget ceiling has continued to climb. With Elite FTS' GHR, at first I considered the basic $800 bench . . . then the Deluxe and now find myself wondering if I should consider the $1600 (plus $245 shipping) Collegiate. With other things competing for my wallet at the moment, the Collegiate is a stretch . . . without having the chance to try either (let alone having the chance to try both to compare) it is tough. Apart from the nice bearing adjustment feature, more significant . . . would the larger rollers and larger plate be worth it? One thing I can't quite figure out . . . both the basic and Collegiate models are 60" long while the Deluxe is 67". I thought the Deluxe was the Basic version with band hooks, step plate and chrome . . . apparently not exactly. Not a big deal, but why did they design the Deluxe longer than the Basic and Collegiate? Advantage, disadvantage, or irrelevant?

Lol . . . "50 black t-shirts and metal head" . . . I like that. Yeah, I was thinking all black (frame and pads) or all black frame and black pad with red on sides . . . or silver frame with black pad (most of my other benches are variations of silver).
    There is one more to consider from Elite. It's the one from their "Old School" line. http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=475&pid=5433 I haven't researched ghr's so I don't know the differences this one has but it does take one choice away from you. It only comes black on black.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #52 ▪█─────█▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #5 []---[]

Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    I ended up getting the collegiate GHR too-but I have the solid pad. For GHR's its fine-once I found the correct plate & foot positions. For back extensions though a split pad would probably be better. Like darkfact I don't do abs on it, I have an ab bench and other things I prefer. I love it, and although it is a bit pricey, I don't regret it, but there are other great GHD machines for less money too (sorinex comes to mind) but alot of it is personal preference too, -longer handles, larger foot plates etc.
    Thank you too grumpytude! The fact that you have the solid pad and think the split might be better with back extensions is really helpful as it confirms on the Elite FTS my experiences on other extension benches.

Your experiences with your Collegiate model, like darkfact's, has me questioning whether I should go in that direction. I really wish I could try them both to know for sure . . . as it is, it is just a shot in the dark. I love good equipment and so I am tempted to spend-up, however, if the Deluxe works just as well for me . . . tough one.

gp92089 thank you too. I did give a quick search re: Outlaw Strength . . . it does look quite similar to Elite FTS' GHR in both your pictures and those I saw on Ebay site (apparently Outlaw Strength's principle website--can't give link bkz my post count not high enough yet). Sounds like you got a good deal bkz now they go for $800 plus $400 shipping (shipping is half-again the cost of the bench-ouch).

rthawker . . . thanks, saw that too . . . has the length of the Deluxe but features similar to the basic Pro version. Lol . . . yes, black on black does simplify that aspect.

Thank you everyone for your help with this ongoing decision, I really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Questtt3; 04-12-2012 at 10:15 PM.

qwertygvcxz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm looking to buy a GHR and just came across this thread. There's a lot of great info in here.

I'm considering something from EliteFTS - possibly the Collegiate, but I dont know if it will fit through the door of my basement. Can any of you who have one tell me how high is the post that holds the pad, and how wide is it? My door is 29" wide, so I have doubts about ever getting an EliteFTS GHR in there. Matt has been slow to email me back that info - all he's given me is the base floor dimensions (36 x 60). I'd really appreciate it if someone can tell me the height without the pad. Thanks in advance!!

I've looked at the Rogue Abram and the Sorinex FNGHD as well.

Both of those would work. I'm leaning towards the Rogue if I cant fit an Elite.

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The pad and handles are delivered unattached to the GHD-the piece itself is 29" wide and 68" long (website is wrong on the length). so it should fit through your doorway. but it's heavy as hell though.

Originally Posted by qwertygvcxz View Post
    I'm looking to buy a GHR and just came across this thread. There's a lot of great info in here.

I'm considering something from EliteFTS - possibly the Collegiate, but I dont know if it will fit through the door of my basement. Can any of you who have one tell me how high is the post that holds the pad, and how wide is it? My door is 29" wide, so I have doubts about ever getting an EliteFTS GHR in there. Matt has been slow to email me back that info - all he's given me is the base floor dimensions (36 x 60). I'd really appreciate it if someone can tell me the height without the pad. Thanks in advance!!

I've looked at the Rogue Abram and the Sorinex FNGHD as well.

Both of those would work. I'm leaning towards the Rogue if I cant fit an Elite.

qwertygvcxz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    The pad and handles are delivered unattached to the GHD-the piece itself is 29" wide and 68" long (website is wrong on the length). so it should fit through your doorway. but it's heavy as hell though.
    Thanks for the info!!

I have an Ultra Supreme Reverse Hyper. I stripped one of the allen screws, so we could only break it into 2 pieces instead of three (the top and one side stayed together). We got that thing down there (it is very heavy), so I'm sure if we did that, we'll make the GHR work too.

vibrantred94gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vibrantred94gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vibrantred94gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vibrantred94gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vibrantred94gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vibrantred94gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vibrantred94gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vibrantred94gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vibrantred94gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vibrantred94gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vibrantred94gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What's wrong with this one? I thought it got good reviews?

christiansfitnessfactory.com/index.php/vmchk/Glute-Ham-Developer-GHD/CFF-Glute-Ham-Raise/Developer-GHD

Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gobs of useful information in this thread.
    I am eyeballing GHD for myself, so far seems like Deluxe EliteFTS is at the top of the list.
    Rogue Abrams and Sorinex are price attractive but lack vertical adjustment on foot plate.
    Legend Pro http://www.legendfitness.com/product...oper_3214.aspx looks like a wonderful piece of metal but afraid dimension wise too rich for home gym
    Promaxima PL-41 is a runner up, still can't get a quote from the company but all things considered seems like EliteFTS would still be better.
    I have also checked Edge Fitness, looks very very decent, but from my understanding they don't do shipping and I am a little nervous getting something from fabricator unseen plus the matte finish they use is not very durable from what I've read.

Any other candidates I want to consider, any EliteFTS Deluxe users here?

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I can't seem to find info on how much EliteFTS Deluxe and Collegiate GHDs weigh on their website. Does anyone here know it?

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...id=167&pid=679
    http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=114&pid=1377

Right now I am leaning toward Promaxima PL-41, but EliteFTS ones look nice too.

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jetigen View Post
    I can't seem to find info on how much EliteFTS Deluxe and Collegiate GHDs weigh on their website. Does anyone here know it?

I don't have your answer but any of these are going to weigh enough and be designed to handle any 400 lbs person and less at least. I have the basic legend welded one and have held suspended a 225 bar with no movement at all. I was also at least 230 at the time although I'm a bit more now.

The EFS is better designed and the promaxima is probably as least as good if not better based on it's looks. these ones you are talking about are beasts.

Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jetigen View Post

Not sure how accurate is this info, but this thread mentions 310lb on Collegiate.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post823388511

Does anyone have any experience with GHD from Texas Strength System
    http://www.texasstrengthsystems.com/ghr.html
    Looks very, very decent and price is a steal.
    Last edited by Andrew_WOT; 07-29-2012 at 05:57 PM.

At least one not very favorable input on TSS GHD
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post759497853
    Originally Posted by 4MEandThem View Post
    I will pipe in on the Teaxas Strength model. I it made of decent materials but the fit and finish are not what you'd expect from a proffessional company. It looks like it was made in someones garage and the sliding parts are pretty sloppy.

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If EliteFTS is 310lbs... that's heavy duty. Promaxima PL-41 is 250lbs according to their site. This makes choosing between EliteFTS and Promaxima even harder. Have anybody here tried both machines?
    Last edited by Jetigen; 07-29-2012 at 07:45 PM.