emranhasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emranhasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emranhasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emranhasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emranhasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emranhasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emranhasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emranhasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emranhasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emranhasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emranhasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best suppliment for fat loss and muscle definition

I'm working out for around one and half year. In my first six months, I reduced my body fat percentage to 21% from 24%. But after that in the last one year, I'm struggling to reduce my body fat and I never could make it below 20% in this period. Currently I do cardio 3 days in a week 40 minutes each session and another 3 days weight training 1 hour each session. Can you guys suggest me the best supplement which primarily help me to lose fat and secondarily helps to protect the muscle mass. Also should have least side effect. Should I also take Whey protein with that? Thanks in advance.

MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by emranhasan View Post
    I'm working out for around one and half year. In my first six months, I reduced my body fat percentage to 21% from 24%. But after that in the last one year, I'm struggling to reduce my body fat and I never could make it below 20% in this period. Currently I do cardio 3 days in a week 40 minutes each session and another 3 days weight training 1 hour each session. Can you guys suggest me the best supplement which primarily help me to lose fat and secondarily helps to protect the muscle mass. Also should have least side effect. Should I also take Whey protein with that? Thanks in advance.
    There is no magic pill...Trust me, if i knew one, I'd tell you. -My dad (former bodybuilder)

I've based all my fat loss on his quote, through hard work and dedication, you may be at a plateau, just push yourself, you can do it. Good luck. Calories in/out.

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Could you give us a break down of your macros and caloric intake, along with your BMR + estimated calories burned from activity?

If you tell us you don't really track your caloric intake or macros... I think we have the obvious answer as to why you cannot drop bodyfat.

lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    no. sorry.
    down until say 15% most people will not struggle with fat loss unless that struggle is created by diet/routine.

Take a closer look at your calorie intake, be sure you are eating the correct macros, and stop looking at supplements because aside from some quasi illiegal things that i wont even mention here that can make you REALLY sick, there isn't a lot you can do to really lose faster if your diet/routine are in check... aside from an EC stack which again, you should NOT need.

Here is an idea:

-insufficient macros can lead to stalls in weight loss
    -insufficient calorie intake can stall fat loss
    -poor routine can effect you..

but it is more or less DIET.
    Post that, and we can help
    The Ultimate Resource on Dieting and Intermittent Fasting
    http://www.blastthebelly.com

falldown09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falldown09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falldown09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falldown09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falldown09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falldown09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falldown09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falldown09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falldown09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falldown09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falldown09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lvsteven View Post
    no. sorry.
    down until say 15% most people will not struggle with fat loss unless that struggle is created by diet/routine.

Take a closer look at your calorie intake, be sure you are eating the correct macros, and stop looking at supplements because aside from some quasi illiegal things that i wont even mention here that can make you REALLY sick, there isn't a lot you can do to really lose faster if your diet/routine are in check... aside from an EC stack which again, you should NOT need.

Here is an idea:

-insufficient macros can lead to stalls in weight loss
    -insufficient calorie intake can stall fat loss
    -poor routine can effect you..

but it is more or less DIET.
    Post that, and we can help

This.
    There are no men like me. Only me.

emranhasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emranhasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emranhasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emranhasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emranhasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emranhasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emranhasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emranhasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emranhasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emranhasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emranhasan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys for your help. Summary of diet is as mentioned below. This obviously not exactly same everyday but something similar most of the days.

8:00 am: Breakfast - Oats, milk, handful of nuts, one banana, green tea, one tea spoon of honey and lemon
    9:30: one cup tea
    11:00 am: Light snacks - cookies, half apple
    1:15 pm: Lunch: 4 slices bread and chicken curry (200-300gm)
    2:15: one cup tea
    5:45: One cup coffee
    6:00: One banana
    6:30 - 8:00: workout
    8:30: 2 eggs (One whole egg, one white only)
    10:30: Dinner (Vegetable soup)
    11:30: One cup Green tea

Please make your recommendation/suggestions.

JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks guys for your help. Summary of diet is as mentioned below. This obviously not exactly same everyday but something similar most of the days.

8:00 am: Breakfast - Oats, milk, handful of nuts, one banana, green tea, one tea spoon of honey and lemon

I think this is part of your problem. You are tracking roughly what types of foods you eat rather than what is in them. How many grams of fat,carbs and protein do you averge a day, how many calories do you consume a day, and roughly how many calories do you burn with your BMR + activity?

Also what is your training routine like, to be 166 at the bodyfat your lean body mass is quite low for someone with a year of training. You could still recomp at this stage in the game with a much better routine and gain muscle while cutting.

4evaFAP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4evaFAP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4evaFAP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4evaFAP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4evaFAP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4evaFAP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4evaFAP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4evaFAP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4evaFAP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4evaFAP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4evaFAP has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Eat less, exercise more.
    Rep back all

Aussie winter bulker
    7inch+ girth crew

5humpd01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hey

one of your of your problems is your running on empty come training time. Your energy stores are depleted after 4 hours or so. Your training session is fueled by a banana?? Eat something more substantial to get more from your training. Solids two hours before and liquids i.e. Shakes an hour before. You should find youll get better results from your training.

Keep protein levels high and complex carbs to low except in the morning when you are fuelling your day. Cut back on bread pasta etc and eat lots of veg. Veg are carbs.

Try not to get into calorie counting or anything like that. You need to enjoy your food not count it!

Hope thats a little helpful. Stick with it! As one of the others said your hard work will pay off. Good luck.

Dan

Registered Lifter Mark=Excellence's Avatar
    Mark=Excellence has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark=Excellence has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark=Excellence has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark=Excellence has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark=Excellence has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark=Excellence has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark=Excellence has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark=Excellence has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark=Excellence has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark=Excellence has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark=Excellence has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

8:00 am: Breakfast - Oats, water, handful of nuts, multi and fish oil
    11:00 am: Light snacks - banana, another fruit (e.g apple)
    1:15 pm: Lunch: 2slices bread and chicken curry (200-300gm)
    5:45: chicken breast, (move workout routine a bit)
    6:00: pre workout supplement
    8:00 protein shake

Partially fixed. you should really work on your eating as i think you eat too late. take some of the suggestions i have made, but more importantly do your cardio and remember no carbs after 2 p.m

sqlmountain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hiit

Try doing high intensity interval training for your cardio. There are all sorts of routines for this on line. I personally like suicide sprints and jingle jangles which you can find at mountain athlete dot com (they won't let me post links here yet). There are good instructional videos at that site. The good thing about them is that you do not get into a catabolic state as you can get into with long periods of low intensity work, so you keep and even build some mass. The intensity builds your overall VO2 max for any sport you might be into and they help with agility and balance. Also, they are much better on your brain than boring cardio machines.

They key is to really crank the intesity very high so you are panting for air at the end.

FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mark=Excellence View Post
    Partially fixed. you should really work on your eating as i think you eat too late. take some of the suggestions i have made, but more importantly do your cardio and remember no carbs after 2 p.m
    No carbs after 2pm?? What about if you work out at 6pm?
    "Here is some cab fare..." *going into sleep mode*

El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm still trying to figure out why this was posted in the ADVANCED FAT LOSS section...

Sinie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Good food plan, just a suggestion, add more protein foods like legumes to your food plan. if you are really looking for supplements then go for natural supplements.

Location: Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lllDBOlll is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    More protein and above everything else more dietary fat. Just seems like your diet consists of bread and cups of tea. You've got no chance stripping the fat like that. As has been said, assess your TDEE, get your macros in check, follow the diet to a tee and lift heavy minimum 3 times a week. There's really nothing more to it. Check my "No More Blubber Cut" thread, that is all I did to get to where I am at as of now.

Good luck, stay motivated.
    "Ain't nothing to it but to do it"

Sponsored F.I.T Athlete - http://www.ForgedIronTraining.com - DANTHEMAN5 for 5% off

Training Log || Cube Method - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160370671

Home Physique || 100% Free Motivation - http://www.homephysique.com ||| YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/lllDBOlll

gorana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is no supplement that could do the work for you - a body fat percentage of 21 is very high after 1,5 year of exercising I think - especially if you do as much cardio as you say...I am no expert but I think there is something wrong with your diet! What do you eat, when and how much?? You can do all the cardio in the world and you will not reach your goals if you do not change your diet!!
    Fitness - if it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body ;)) <3

OK I have just read what you wrote about your diet! To my opinion your diet is not that bad but the problem might be in the amount of food you eat & the timing!!
    And here are some advices and things to think about as well:
    1. Leave bread, honey and cookies out – instead eat rice, more oats, beans…
    2. Reduce fruit intake (but take a multivitamin supplement)
    3. How much oil and what kind of oil do you use when preparing your meals? You need to consume good oils!
    4. YOU HAVE TO EAT CARBS AFTER WORKOUT!!! - this is a huge mistake you are making in general!!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by gorana View Post
    Why? Especially the fruit, they are rich in micronutrients. You can even make cookies fit into your diet (in moderation). Read this
    http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...-clean-eating/

3. How much oil and what kind of oil do you use when preparing your meals? You need to consume good oils!
    What is a 'good' oil? All fats are useful to the body - yes that includes saturates. Consumption of saturated fat is correlated with testosterone production. Avoidance is only necessary for people who are overweight, sedentary and at high risk of heart disease.

4. YOU HAVE TO EAT CARBS AFTER WORKOUT!!! - this is a huge mistake you are making in general!!
    Why? Carbs can be consumed at any time of day. Refer to:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123915821

OK I have just read what you wrote about your diet! To my opinion your diet is not that bad but the problem might be in the amount of food you eat & the timing!!
    And here are some advices and things to think about as well:
    So you bumped a thread from last year to give advice on the OP, who doesn't even post on this forum this year it seems, changing his diet from last year... and spouted nothing but broscience. Ah lawd. LoL

Not a single macro or micro or even calories were discussed, only food avoidance and meal timing.... please read the stickies in the nutrition forum.

I am sorry – I didn t realize how old this post was – this is actually the first time I have replied to a forum post
    Anyway - emranhasan was asking for advice and as I said I am no expert – what I wrote is just something to consider since he said that he was not making any progress (reducing body fat) with his (then) current diet...
    I am not saying that bread and fruits are bad for him – reducing the intake is just something he could try in order to reduce body fat!! And concerning the Carb intake – I cannot agree that not consuming any carbs (except the small amount from the Vegetable soup ~ 2 h after his workout) from 8 (when he finishes his workout) until the next morning is acceptable!
    But as I said I am no expert – I was just trying to help!

I am sorry – I didn t realize how old this post was – this is actually the first time I have replied to a forum post
    Anyway - emranhasan was asking for advice and as I said I am no expert – what I wrote is just something to consider since he said that he was not making any progress (reducing body fat) with his (then) current diet...
    I am not saying that bread and fruits are bad for him – reducing the intake is just something he could try in order to reduce body fat!! And concerning the Carb intake – I cannot agree that not consuming any carbs (except the small amount from the Vegetable soup ~ 2 h after his workout) from 8 (when he finishes his workout) until the next morning is acceptable!
    But as I said I am no expert – I was just trying to help!
    It is generally accepted by all the experts here (meaning people who actually went to graduate school for nutritional science or sports nutrition who also happen to be into bodybuilding) as well as a lot of the natural bodybuilders here who compete and place very well that calories and macros (grams of carbs, fat, protein) are the primary dietary drivers of changes in body composition not the source of those 4 things so much. Plenty of men and women here eat ice cream every day during contest prep. Carbs are carbs when it comes to body composition... GI, sub-type or source do not make any measurable difference in fat gain or loss in athletic individuals.

If he is failing to continue to lose body fat he is not burning more calories than he consumes. Pretty straight forward.

Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    It is generally accepted by all the experts here (meaning people who actually went to graduate school for nutritional science or sports nutrition who also happen to be into bodybuilding) as well as a lot of the natural bodybuilders here who compete and place very well that calories and macros (grams of carbs, fat, protein) are the primary dietary drivers of changes in body composition not the source of those 4 things so much. Plenty of men and women here eat ice cream every day during contest prep. Carbs are carbs when it comes to body composition... GI, sub-type or source do not make any measurable difference in fat gain or loss in athletic individuals.

If he is failing to continue to lose body fat he is not burning more calories than he consumes. Pretty straight forward.
    True - calories and macros are the primary dietary drivers of changes in body composition (that is why I asked HOW MUCH in my first reply) but I am sure that he was looking for a diet plan that he could stick to! What good does it do if he eats 70% of his planned calorie intake for that day at breakfast – feeling hungry for the rest of the day or not being able to do his best when working-out (later that day)?! ! To me timing is very important because eating every few hours keeps me energized through the day and this way I manage to stick to my planned calorie intake! I eat ice cream occasionally – but I avoid it most of the time because I try to stick to 1700 cal per day and “wasting” ~ 300 (or more) cal on ice cream makes it difficult to stick to my planned calorie intake (without feeling hungry through the day)!!

But again I am no expert – I was just trying to help…
    Guess he should better listen to your advice if he ever gets to read this )

amitpatal23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hear that whey protein has too many side effects... is that true? Would rice protein be better?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by amitpatal23 View Post
    I hear that whey protein has too many side effects... is that true? Would rice protein be better?
    Milk protein is the highest quality protein but it does give some people gas. Try it and if you really can't live with it then try something else like a vegetable based protein. These are usually a lot more expensive and you should also consider getting more of your requirement from whole food - eat more chicken legs and stewing steak.

RealDeal909 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

????

Jason it sounds like you are not helping this guy at all and even makes it look like you really don't understand the body at all. Don't give advice if you don't know the answer, you will only hurt him more and keep him from his goals. Speak postive and give good advice don't ask him more questions and end with nothing for him. You really needed to hear this because you can really cause more damage than good. Take care all..

Cairo702 is not very well liked. (-100) Cairo702 is not very well liked. (-100) Cairo702 is not very well liked. (-100) Cairo702 is not very well liked. (-100) Cairo702 is not very well liked. (-100) Cairo702 is not very well liked. (-100) Cairo702 is not very well liked. (-100) Cairo702 is not very well liked. (-100) Cairo702 is not very well liked. (-100) Cairo702 is not very well liked. (-100) Cairo702 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Crazy ****

pratikpatel05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do cardio in heart rate zone. It will help you burn excess fat. Don't just push yourself to limit in cardio. even if people in gym might be doing it, but let them do it. just focus on your target zone.
    PS get yourself nice heart rate monitor. it will help you to track your heart rate while doing cardio.

Different heart rate "zones" are myths. And you can burn fat just as well by doing LISS, HIIT or just sitting on your ass and controlling what you eat.

Ultimately it's hard to argue with the laws of thermodynamics - if any activity causes you to burn more calories than you consume, you will lose weight... any study of individual bodily process (e.g. aerobic vs anerobic, insulin vs. ketogenesis etc etc etc) MUST take this into account. If you think you found a holy grail, you have probably made a mistake somewhere.

Calories in vs calories out...

pierrson is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrson is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrson is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrson is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrson is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrson is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrson is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrson is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrson is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrson is on a distinguished road. (+10) pierrson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    the best fat burner i tried is called HIIT. 20 seconds burst, 40 seconds recover. start with 5 servings (sets) to access tolerance, never exceed 20 servings at one shot and not more than 4 days a week.
    haha

try lipo 6 black ultra concentrate if u really are stuck in a pleateau after u cant lower ur calories/increase cardio anymore (which is quite unlikely the case)
    Do follow

Instagram // twitter @pierrson