tdotodot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdotodot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdotodot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdotodot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdotodot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdotodot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdotodot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdotodot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdotodot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdotodot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdotodot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How to do/be able to do more reps ->Pull Ups, Squats (1 legged)

I can currently do pull-ups sets (2handed) around 12-15 reps and a lot of squats (2legged).

I want to start being able to do 20rep sets (for 2 handed pull ups)
    5 reps for 1handed pull-ups. (I currently can't do one)

I also want to start being able to do one legged squats (currently can't do one)

Any suggestions on how I can start to work towards achieving this goal?

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do pullups 3-4x a week.

Weighted, unweighted, assisted one hand chinups, one arm lockoffs, one arm negatives, try and get a muscle up etc.

20 pullups does not even come close to 5 one arm pullups though. A one arm pullup takes a lot of training + lots of weighted pullup work.

tdotodot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdotodot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdotodot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdotodot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdotodot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdotodot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdotodot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdotodot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdotodot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdotodot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tdotodot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by MrB1g View Post
    Do pullups 3-4x a week.

Weighted, unweighted, assisted one hand chinups, one arm lockoffs, one arm negatives, try and get a muscle up etc.

20 pullups does not even come close to 5 one arm pullups though. A one arm pullup takes a lot of training + lots of weighted pullup work.
    But how do I do weighted pull-ups when I can barely do regular pull-ups? I do them with my arm/back workouts but I am not able to do MORE than when I did the time before, even if I try, or take a creatine boost...

Same goes with dips
    ..although i'm trying!

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tdotodot View Post
    But how do I do weighted pull-ups when I can barely do regular pull-ups? I do them with my arm/back workouts but I am not able to do MORE than when I did the time before, even if I try, or take a creatine boost...

Same goes with dips
    ..although i'm trying!
    You said you can do 12-15 pullups? You should be able to do weighted pullups.

If you're struggling, just add 5lb's a week every week.

Creatine isn't a 'boost', for creatine supplementation to be effective you need to take it relatively consistently over an extended period of time. It doesn't act as a pre-workout supplement.

Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    IF you want to do more pull ups - do more pull ups .
    Ka0s :In my experience, doing heavy barbell squats, bench presses, deadlifts, military presses, rows, etc. builds no significant muscle mass.
    What you need to really get big is a solid routine which focuses on light weights and cable movements to really force blood into those muscles and get that deep burn & powerful contraction

Originally Posted by Icons93 View Post
    IF you want to do more pull ups - do more pull ups .
    .....? :@????
    If I simply can't "pull up" on my 14/15 rep what am I supposed to do?? I can't just do them.... not like I'm not trying... which Is why I'm asking

inebriate will become famous soon enough. (+50) inebriate will become famous soon enough. (+50) inebriate will become famous soon enough. (+50) inebriate will become famous soon enough. (+50) inebriate will become famous soon enough. (+50) inebriate will become famous soon enough. (+50) inebriate will become famous soon enough. (+50) inebriate will become famous soon enough. (+50) inebriate will become famous soon enough. (+50) inebriate will become famous soon enough. (+50) inebriate will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tdotodot View Post
    .....? :@????
    If I simply can't "pull up" on my 14/15 rep what am I supposed to do?? I can't just do them.... not like I'm not trying... which Is why I'm asking
    What he means is more sets.

Stunt Professional WhiteKnight4U's Avatar
    WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhiteKnight4U is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Add weight so you can only do 5 pullups, if your form sucks not a big deal, don't add weight til the 5 are good form, and keep adding 5 lbs, I was at 12 wide grip pull ups, started adding weight, took 2 months to get to 50 lbs x5, and i can do 24 pullups now.

One handed?

Well I can lower myself slowly with one arm.. haha.
    "If death is victory; how afraid of life can we be?"
    "In order to be brave or courageous, you must first be consumed with fear, for a person who is not afraid cannot be brave."
    Invert Y-axis crew

Registered Sex Offender Bestbrah's Avatar
    Bestbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bestbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bestbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bestbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bestbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bestbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bestbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bestbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bestbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bestbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bestbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For adding reps, you should do something called "grease the groove" it works wonders (no bs brah just google it)

5 one arm pull ups is world class though, so you would probably need years of pull up specific training to do it (not long years, with clever work you can probably get to 1 rep in 1-2 years if you train often and consistently... forget about muscles, think in terms of movements. and dont ever train to failure otherwise you can kiss goodbye to your gains on this path)

Weighted pull ups and one handed pull ups, just grabbing your arm with your other hand, and going higher and higher so you give less assistance can help get there.
    "You wont find strong men with weak hands"

RIP Zyzz

Current stats -> Goals by january 2012 -> Goals by december 2012

Bench- 125x5 -> 185x1 -> 250x1
    Squat- 200x5 -> 285x1 -> 385x1
    Deadlift- 275x5 -> 375x1 -> 440x1
    Press- 90x5 -> 130x1 -> 185x1
    Power Clean- 145x2 -> 190x1 -> 270x1
    Pull ups- 6 reps -> 15 reps -> 40 reps

I want to be able to do wide grip pull-ups too..I can barley do one! how should I go about doing that?
    i usually do plans facing each other or underhand grip.... but want to be able to do wide grip