guardian84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Extreme Makeover/Biggest Loser type exercise routine?

Hi I need some help with creating a workout routine & schedule & need to know how many calories I should eat, so I can meet my goal of losing 100lb in 3 months.

I watched a bunch of episodes of The Biggest Loser & Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss edition. I want to do something like that. I have all day to workout, nothing stopping me, except myself & lack of knowledge. My doctor says I need to lose weight or I'll die.. I already almost died (but not due to my weight).. I'm only 26 years old. I have to do something! I'm female. I live at home with my parents & I own my own little business, so I can rearrange my schedule to do whatever. I'm 426lb right now.. (hey, at least I'm honest & trying to get some help)..

I do have a bunch of exercise equipment that I've accumulated over the years.. As I used to be into bodybuilding.. But it's been a long time... A very, very long time. I've got access to olympic standard gym equipment, 500lb of free weights to go with them, a soloflex, gravity edge, eliptical machines, an ab-doer, free weights, preacher curl bar, bench press, squat rack.. I've got a cardio glide, as well as a "rower" type bike.. And an actual bike.. Which hurts my butt to sit on, so I won't be using that for a while. lol.. I've also got p90x, turbo jam, tae bo, walk away the pounds, kettlebells & some other workout dvd's that i forgot the names of.. Also have that 6 week body makeover thing from michael thurmond, exercise bands, an exercise ball & access to stairs... And a dog that'd love to be walked...

I walk to & from my office, since it's 1/2 a block away.. It damn near kills me.. I also don't walk there everyday.. Only when I have appointments.

Okay so there's what I have.. In regards to what I'm willing to do.. Pretty much anything.. I want this weight off as quick as it can get off!

I prefer a vegetarian or vegan diet, but will eat whatever.

I would like to build muscle while burning the fat. I am not afraid of being too muscular.

Anything you know about reducing excess skin would be helpful.

It's sad that I don't even remember how to workout anymore, when it used to be such a big part of my life.

Oh, and I'll be being monitored by my doctor, of course. He doesn't really care what I do, just told me to lose the weight. (within reason, of course)

My problem is not that I am addicted to food. I really don't even enjoy the taste of most foods, so whatever you recommend I eat, I will- though I can't eat porcine products (anything with pig in it)... Believe it or not, I really don't particularly care for things like donuts, cake, pie, ice cream, candy, etc... It doesn't tickle my fancy.. I don't find fast food very appealing, either, but I do eat a lot of that due to convenience, but I can stop, no problem. I drink too much soda, too.. Which I will quit drinking that.. I have gone a week without eating anything & only drinking water before, just to dispel the theory that I'm addicted to food.. I eat mainly out of sheer boredom and depression. If I had a schedule with stuff to do, I would not be so bored. I am depressed, because I'm bored, fat and have had traumatizing experiences. If I could take care of 2 of those things, I think my life would be significantly better.

In regards to what I'm taking, supplement wise... I take a multivitamin (Alive!), Green Vibrance & I just bought some RAW protein powder & almond milk.

I'm open to taking more supplements... Or whatever.

Anyone care to help me make a routine? Or suggest exercises that I can add to a routine that I make?

How many days a week should I exercise & for how long? I know the people on those shows exercise 5 or 6 hours a day. I am willing to do that.. Just need to know what I should do exactly. I know it involves a lot of cardio. Good.

Okay, I guess that's it. If I didn't answer something you need to know, just post it & I'll check back & answer you. If you guys want to be kept in the loop as to how I'm doing, I'll post that info somewhere for you, too.

Thanks for your help in advance! It is very much appreciated!

waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

What i would say is that your in it for the long run right?? Biggest losers are people competing...buy a bodybugg it will tell you how much you are burning. Then eat 1000cal less than what it says, lift heavy to retain muscle mass and avoid skinny fat look..

As for your diet, look at the stickies you want to meet your protein intake and fat intake the rest you can fill in with carbs.

I didnt take you 3 months to gain 100lb did it? So why do you want to lose 100lb in 3 months.

Slow and steady wins the race. As for your diet yOu can eat anything as long as your in a defiect and meet your macros.

I hope i covered somthing there. If iv giving wrong info anyone just point it out.
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Rep 500+

PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You can lose a lot of weight in 3 months but you can't lose anywhere near 100lbs (unless you do a total fast.) Aim for 50lbs in 3 months... at your weight that is possible. Heck I lost 50lbs in 10 weeks but I did probably have a bit more muscle mass than you when I started cutting so that makes it easier.

Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    An important realization is that your diet is infinitely more important than how much or the type of exercise that you do simply because you can out-eat any training program like that... and many will, because they feel like it's perfectly fine as long as they hit the weights or treadmill now and then! Also, to many, excessive amounts of exercise will induce a proportionally similar increase in hunger, so be mindful of this... exercise is good and healthy - absolutely - but it really shouldn't be your prime concern.

You say food and cravings are not particularly hard for you to control. I have a hard time believing that, since you don't exactly get to 400+ lbs easily. Put bluntly, you've been eating way, way too much, so obviously you do have a problem in this regard too, and you need to find a sustainable approach that won't make you feel miserable. Eating out of boredom is, to an extent, a disorder too. Perhaps an intermittent fasting scheme could help you overcome this (Leangains.com for example)?

Supplements are really not a major issue. Your body will preferentially burn fat as you carry around so much, so even on a low-protein diet you'll tend to keep your lean mass. That's not to say you shouldn't get plenty of protein, but supplements should really only be your basic multivitamin and perhaps some fish oil depending on your diet. A varied, protein-rich diet should take care of the rest!

And finally: Please get real with yourself. Please do. You are not going to exercise 3 hours every day, let alone 5-6. What you feel now is a sudden burst of willpower, but willpower is an ephemeral animal and you're only setting yourself up for failure with that approach. It may be kind of cliché, but you are looking at a SUSTAINABLE lifestyle change here if you are to see any long-term success...

Good luck!

Edit: I don't mean to come across too harsh, but I do think you need a wakeup call and a change of attitude to be honest :-) I respect that you want to take control over your life, and I can tell you're intelligent enough to understand that doing a bit of psychological and behavioral research is time well invested.

I don't know if this point will strike a chord, but I'm going to put it out there: I just spoke to my father on the phone, and he asked me what I was doing. I told him that I was currently writing on this online message board to an obese woman who wanted to regain control over her weight, on the one hand applauding her for the decision and on the other being aware that she's probably setting herself up for failure, explaining your exact approach. You know what he replied? "I bet she's been watching a lot of those 'Extreme Weight Loss' programs and has now decided to go with that? She's setting herself up for failure." I think he is exactly right.

You're a unique case no doubt, but with respect to the case of weight loss, you are not - sorry ;-) You need to ascend to the FACT that 99.99 % of all obese crash dieters fail miserably at some point. This does not mean that you can't drop a lot of weight and do it fast, but it does mean that you'll have to get real about it from a methodological standpoint and realize that you are looking at making changes that you can and will live with for the rest of your life. That's a big commitment, and if you can't own up to it, you might as well not even begin because you'll end up regaining the weight!

If you ever want someone to just hear you ramble about your weight-loss experience or perhaps give some advice, I have some experience with that, so you're welcome to pm me anytime you like. I'm sorry that it's come to the point where you're putting your life at risk, but I'm glad to hear you want to do something about it, which is also why I wrote back at length :-)

To begin with and to educate yourself a bit on the subject, see the stickies in this forum and the Nutrition forum! And make sure you get all the basics, as it will help you understand the simplicity of weight loss when you really separate fact from fiction. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=129247741 is a good place to start
    Last edited by Jenslyn17; 10-22-2011 at 04:40 AM.
    My recommended reading

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/ - great research review /w practical considerations!

http://www.biolayne.com.com/ - natural bodybuilder Layne Norton!

http:://www.bodyrecomposition.com - Lyle McDonald's site - tons of great articles!