alexcolosimoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexcolosimoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexcolosimoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexcolosimoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexcolosimoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexcolosimoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexcolosimoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexcolosimoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexcolosimoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexcolosimoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) alexcolosimoo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Normal protein vs Whey protein

Hey guys im kinda new to bb.com. Im not new to lifting though, ive been lifting for quite abit now.

I wanted to know whats the difference between normal protein and whey protein? Is whey protein better for ripping up? Im using MAX's supershred, do you think i should change to a whey protein, something like Optimum's Gold Standard 100% Whey? Because i dont really know, some answers could really help me out.

Thanks heaps guys

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've never heard of, "normal protein," what is it?
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Unless you are in a very narrow category of situation where speed of the protein assimilation is important (such as endurance training (think marathon) then you will generally see no benefit from choosing whey protein over protein from any other high quality sources such as beef, chicken, fish, etc.

snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by alexcolosimoo View Post
    Hey guys im kinda new to bb.com.
    you are new to a lot of things, by the looks of it.
    but - at 17, that's the way it should be.

my advice for you is simple:
    don't post, and just READ. read voraciously.

jphansen is a name known to all. (+5000) jphansen is a name known to all. (+5000) jphansen is a name known to all. (+5000) jphansen is a name known to all. (+5000) jphansen is a name known to all. (+5000) jphansen is a name known to all. (+5000) jphansen is a name known to all. (+5000) jphansen is a name known to all. (+5000) jphansen is a name known to all. (+5000) jphansen is a name known to all. (+5000) jphansen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Whey protein's cheap, tasty and easy to get a lot of. That's what makes it such a big thing in athletics and bodybuilding. Personally I prefer real food for protein.

FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50) FromTheStretch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by alexcolosimoo View Post
    Hey guys im kinda new to bb.com. Im not new to lifting though, ive been lifting for quite abit now.

I wanted to know whats the difference between normal protein and whey protein? Is whey protein better for ripping up? Im using MAX's supershred, do you think i should change to a whey protein, something like Optimum's Gold Standard 100% Whey? Because i dont really know, some answers could really help me out.

Thanks heaps guys
    All these guys are right. Its also important to know whey digests quickly so its beneficial to take it places like post workout when you body craves a quick absorbing protein. The opposite of what you want for before bed where it is mostly beneficial to ingest a slow absorbing protein to last you as far through sleep as possible to fast the least amount until morning (like casein found in cottage cheese). You should eat as much reg food for protein as you can and then supplement whey in to reach what you can't get from food to hit your protein requirements for the day.
    "Here is some cab fare..." *going into sleep mode*

Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ninetysix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FromTheStretch View Post
    All these guys are right. Its also important to know whey digests quickly so its beneficial to take it places like post workout when you body craves a quick absorbing protein. The opposite of what you want for before bed where it is mostly beneficial to ingest a slow absorbing protein to last you as far through sleep as possible to fast the least amount until morning (like casein found in cottage cheese). You should eat as much reg food for protein as you can and then supplement whey in to reach what you can't get from food to hit your protein requirements for the day.
    Nope try again. Make things EASY and forget about nutrient timing. Hit daily protein macros and don't worry about slow/fast digesting protein. No need for whey after a workout or casein before bed.

snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000)
    there was a question about "normal" vs whey protein (whatever that means)...

and a nutrient timing argument broke out.

[sigh]

hellzblinde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellzblinde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellzblinde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellzblinde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellzblinde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellzblinde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellzblinde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellzblinde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellzblinde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellzblinde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellzblinde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OP doesn't even lift.

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Basically good quality whey just helps you get in more protein than what you'd comfortably be able to eat. Plus it is a leucine-rich form of protein which has been linked to greater muscle gain in some studies.

URBANSK1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) URBANSK1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) URBANSK1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) URBANSK1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) URBANSK1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) URBANSK1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) URBANSK1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) URBANSK1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) URBANSK1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) URBANSK1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) URBANSK1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    you are new to a lot of things, by the looks of it.
    but - at 17, that's the way it should be.

my advice for you is simple:
    don't post, and just READ. read voraciously.
    For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.
    -- Arnold Schwarzenegger