DaveFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaveFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaveFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaveFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaveFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaveFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaveFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaveFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaveFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaveFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaveFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Daves - So you want to be a champion?

My Information
    • Name: David Mckillop
    • Email (not published on website): Dave.Mtraining@hotmail.com
    • Personal Website (if any):
    • Age or Date at Start of Transformation: 14 years old.
    • Age or Date at Completion of Transformation 18 september-09-11
    • Height: 5.8
    • Starting Weight:120
    • Ending Weight: 150
    • Starting Bodyfat %: 13%
    • Ending Bodyfat %: 6.3
    • Any Other Important Before/After Stats: I had original went from 120 pounds to around 160 before I started my bulk to 175. After this I had decided to cut my bodyfat with my ending weight being 150 pounds at 6% bodyfat, around june. Since then I have started bulking and I am currently 165 8.5%
    Transformation + Milestones
    Transformation Start: 2008
    Milestone: 2008 It was summer of grade 8, the weather was nice and I had just started working out, because my mother had told me I need to start doing physical activity, I had chosen to begin working out at my local gym. Granted I was weak and very tiny and had no idea what I was doing. 3 times a weak I would go to the gym and use a couple of the machines just to see if I could increase my strength. a couple weeks into it I got my first girlfriend which had encouraged me to keep going.
    Milestone: 2009 + I had finally gained enough confidence to post a shirtless picture on ******** as a before picture. As it turns out many of my ******** friends had liked the photo and complimented my body, I had finally come out of my insecurity bubble which had helped me make alot of new friends and stop being socially awkward.
    Milestone: 2010- Discovering first Narcissus then Aziz, both have since been strong inspiration for me and added a new perspective on life. R.I.P King of aesthetics. I remember the first time I saw their physiques I thought to myself " is that really possible? "
    Milestone: Achieving my most shredded at 6.3% bodyfat 150 pounds.
    Transformation End: 11/09/2011 18 Years old as of August 31st.

Getting Started
    : Prior to my change, my lifestyle was that of a socially awkward kid. I would sit at home and play video games rather than going out with friends, I was very self-conscious about myself and had a very low self esteem. I was not very good at sports and would always just try to "fit in". My classmates throughout middleschool would always bully me around or pick on me simply because my love for video games. I was also pretty much the skinniest kid in my class, and I had a fast metabolism which really didn't work well with my size. The girls would laugh at me and the guys would act as if they were better than me. Rather than letting their insults and their discrimination get to me, this had driven me to work even harder in the gym, so that I can prove that they are all wrong.

My turning point was at the end of my grade 8 summer, I had decided it was time for a change. I had noticed that my brother Graeme had been going to the gym for a year and had been improving his body, he had a sense of accomplishment and this is what I had desired. I started going to the gym regularly just using the machines because I had no idea what I was doing. A friend of mine had told me that I should start using the free weights if I want to notice serious changes. To my surprise he was right, I had gained about 5 pounds of muscle within a month. from my original 120 pound body. my reflection in the mirror had shocked me, I had increased my definition slightly in that amount of time, this is when I had decided bodybuilding is for me.

Why Do I Love Bodybuilding?
    To pick a single reason why I love bodybuilding is impossible. Bodybuilding to me is now my lifestyle, I cannot imagine myself without all the hard work, dieting and great feeling I get during every workout. Each time I do a set I feel like I'm getting one step closer to achieving the body I desire. Bodybuilding I believe changed my life, without it I would have most likely remained a socially awkward kid just trying to fit in. No longer am I self-conscious about myself and have a low self-esteem. Bodybuilding to me is determination, confidence boosting and overall a experience anybody can enjoy. The pump is also something I really enjoy, I like the feeling when my muscles are tight and I can visually see my body with a nice pump. I also love how it has changed my life and motivates me to be a good person and help others to succeed!

" Bodybuilding is an art, your body is the canvas, the weights are your brush and nutrition is your paint. We all have the ability to turn a self portrait into a masterpiece"
    My Transformation Routine.
    While completing these exercises I would advise throwing in many different training techniques such as drop setting, super setting, pyramids, and
    Monday: Chest & Biceps
    Exercise Sets & Reps Any Notes
    Incline Dumbbell Chest Press
    Flat Dumbbell Bench Press.
    Flat Dumbbell Flies
    Standing Cable Crossovers
    Incline Bench Press

Preacher Curl
    Dumbbell Curl
    Barbell Curl
    Concentration Curl
    3 sets 6-12 Reps Start with a "easy" weight as a warm up set of 12 reps, next set moderate difficulty 12 reps. Last set use a heavy weight 6 reps/failure. This is to be followed all days.

Be sure to use proper form on all exercises.

Final Repetition of Incline DB chest press, hold on the way down, till failure.

Tuesday: Back/Abs/Obliques
    Pullups
    Pulldowns
    Seated Row
    Deadlifts
    Dumbell Rows

Cable Crunches
    Situp machine
    Hanging Knee Raise
    Lying leg raise
    Side Bends 3 sets 6-12 Reps Add weight to any exercise that feels to easy without (i.e Pull ups, Knee Raise)

While doing the flat Leg Raises get a partner, and have them push your legs down while you maintain a constant "upward" motion, Continue until failure.

Wednesday:
    Rest

Thursday: Shoulders/Triceps/Abs
    Dumbbell Shoulder Press
    Military Press
    Front/ Lateral Raises
    Cable SIde Raises
    Reverse pec deck.

Tricep Pull Downs
    Skull Crushers
    Overhead Extentions 3 Sets 6-12 Reps Final set on reverse pec deck drop the weight by 20-30 pounds depending on your strength and continue until failure.

Friday: Leg Day
    Leg Press
    Hack Squats/Squats
    Leg Extension
    Lying Leg Curl
    Straight Leg Deadlift 3 sets 6-12 Reps

Saturday:
    Rest

Sunday:
    Rest

Nutrition
    During my transformation I needed to gain weight fast so I had set myself at 3500 calories a day. This time I had chosen to do a dirty bulk and basically just consume everything I can find. Currently I am doing a clean bulk to minimize fat gains.When I had reached my goal of 175 pounds I had started my cut using the ketogenic diet.

My Diet

Being a Teenager living with my parents, I eat whatever my lovely mother makes me, most of the time it is Healthy foods such as steak, pasta, mash potatoes, chicken, fish, rice, turkey, eggs , bacon and ground beef.
    Before I came to realize that nutrition is just as important as going to the gym, I would eat a majority of unhealthy foods that would not provide me with any real gains and would just slow down the muscle building process.

Pointers for nutrition.
    1: Their is a difference between complex carbs and simple carbs. The difference is that complex carbs are better for bulking as they give you sustained energy and are in your system longer. Simple Carbs are ideal for post-workout to replenish the glycogen levels that lower during your workout. Most people think you only need protein after a workout, try using simple carbs (waxymize) and protein, with added glutamine.

2: The human body does not require carbohydrates to function, caveman in the past lived on a diet of purely meat ( protein and fat). Evidence has shown that their was no such thing as obesity back in the day. If you were to cut your carbohydrates, your body will reach a state known as ketosis. This means that your body will now use the stored fat as a fuel source, instead of carbohydrates.
    3: It is impossible to spot reduce fat, for it must come equally throughout the body. Many people ask me how they can get a leaner stomach and believe that working abs in the gym will give them abs. This will actually just build the abdominal muscles which will not be visible unless your bodyfat is lower. It is impossible to spot reduce fat, for it must come equally throughout the body. Essentially the key is to diet, for the fastest results basically do a diet that is high in protein, high in fat and very low in carbs.

My Plans For The Future
    My future plans for bodybuilding is to continue to improve my size and strength. I plan on bulking until January/February depending on my bodyfat % at that time. After this I will cut down to around 4-5% to compete in a local bodybuilding competition where I am very confident that I will win. I have set a goal for myself at 165-175 pounds at 6% bodyfat, not sure where I will go from there, but only time will tell.

How do I stay motivated?
    I stay motivated by constantly setting new goals for myself, "good enough" is never a option. In my opinion the day one looks at themselves in the mirror and is 100% satisfied with what they see is the day they fail as a bodybuilder. Life is about always setting new goals for yourself and to improve, bodybuilding is no different. You must follow the same rules in bodybuilding as you would in life. I love the feeling I get when people talk about me, the aura I create when I enter a room, the feeling of accomplishment and dominance. Everybody admires those who are dedicated, to me this isn't a hobby anymore, it has become my lifestyle.
    Since my transformation I have acquired a wide variety of friends, people look up to me, seek my advice and I have just changed dramatically as a person. I am no longer the socially awkward kid who has nothing to do, but rather A person who is always seeking to improve and better myself as a person. I also found that I have a new found understanding for everything in life, in order to succeed you must work for it. There is absolutely no way around hard work and dedication. I always try to help others in the gym and find I get a great feeling oh helping others succeed.

Tips For Others

1: Focus on proper form.
    2: Leave your ego outside of the gym.
    3: Nutrition is just as important as weight training.
    4. Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of you doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might as well put that passing time to the best possible use.
    5. Train hard, this means get off your phone and stop talking to your friends about that party last weekend.
    6. Always seek for ways to improve your training. Find a partner to stay motivated, do not skip workouts!

Contact Me
    If anyone wishes to contact me, whether it be about business offers or nutrition/workout advice they can do so by simply liking my ******** fan page ( search Dave Mckillop Fitness ) My email is listed there.

Thank you everyone for giving me this opportunity to share my story, train hard!, stay motivated!, and don't be afraid to fail!.