Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25
    alansirvine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alansirvine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys
    Just on week one
    We dont have a hack squat set up here
    Wondering, if I sub with leg press, how many sets am I looking at? Or what would better options be

Thanks a lot

thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by alansirvine View Post
    Hey guys
    Just on week one
    We dont have a hack squat set up here
    Wondering, if I sub with leg press, how many sets am I looking at? Or what would better options be

Thanks a lot
    I was in the same boat, no Hack-machine. Leg Press is what several of the guys suggested to sub in. Test out what weights will work best for the working set to get the full reps plus the Hellcentrics in...also based on if you're flying solo or working with a partner.

Starting out lighter is always better...you can always add weights...but go too heavy to start and you can get yourself into trouble.

Lift smart, and stay strong! Good Luck...keep us posted.
    Harvey

Pre-Workout
    ON Creatine(in Juice)
    Triple Strength Osteo-BiFlex
    ON Opti-Men

Intra-Workout
    Water

Protein(whatever I can afford right now...sucks I know)

Other

alansirvine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alansirvine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by thorfinnr View Post
    I was in the same boat, no Hack-machine. Leg Press is what several of the guys suggested to sub in. Test out what weights will work best for the working set to get the full reps plus the Hellcentrics in...also based on if you're flying solo or working with a partner.

Starting out lighter is always better...you can always add weights...but go too heavy to start and you can get yourself into trouble.

Lift smart, and stay strong! Good Luck...keep us posted.
    Roger, thanks for the reply.
    Just one last thing, am I still only looking at the two sets to replace both hack squats?

-Al

thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by alansirvine View Post
    Roger, thanks for the reply.
    Just one last thing, am I still only looking at the two sets to replace both hack squats?

-Al
    OK...I wasn't thinking the right sub. Totally my bad. Here's the Day 2 program I used since we had no Hack Machine. These suggestions were from Rage, Garrick, and the rest of the regular guys here.

HRT - Day 2

Leg Press
    Warm Up = 3 sets
    Working SET = 2 sets

Leg Extension
    SET = 2

Smith Squat(No Hack machine/rack)
    SET = 2

Straight-Leg Dead Lift(Smith Machine)
    WU = 2
    SET = 2

Lying Leg Curl
    SET = 2

I used a Smith Rack for the Squats and SLDLs, but doing them free weight is OK, but definitely work lighter weight on the Squats. I strongly recommend to use the Smith if doing this solo for the Squats, as it adds a level of safety by setting the breaks in case you hit failure on the Hellcentrics...that way you can lower down and get out from under the weight safely and without injury.

Even when working with a partner, we did Squats on the Smith, as it helps with stabilization when doing the assisted Hellcentric reps.
    Harvey

Pre-Workout
    ON Creatine(in Juice)
    ON Opti-Men

Intra-Workout
    Water

Other

OK...I wasn't thinking the right sub. Totally my bad. Here's the Day 2 program I used since we had no Hack Machine. These suggestions were from Rage, Garrick, and the rest of the regular guys here.

HRT - Day 2

Leg Press
    Warm Up = 3 sets
    Working SET = 2 sets

Leg Extension
    SET = 2

SET = 2

WU = 2
    SET = 2

Lying Leg Curl
    SET = 2

I used a Smith Rack for the Squats and SLDLs, but doing them free weight is OK, but definitely work lighter weight on the Squats. I strongly recommend to use the Smith if doing this solo for the Squats, as it adds a level of safety by setting the breaks in case you hit failure on the Hellcentrics...that way you can lower down and get out from under the weight safely and without injury.

Even when working with a partner, we did Squats on the Smith, as it helps with stabilization when doing the assisted Hellcentric reps.

Fantastic man
    Can't wait to try it out tomorrow!

Thanks again

brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000)

HRT - Day 2

Leg Press
    Warm Up = 3 sets
    Working SET = 2 sets

Leg Extension
    SET = 2

SET = 2

WU = 2
    SET = 2

Lying Leg Curl
    SET = 2

Leg day for HRT is a ton of fun!!.....:/ lol. Great work brother!
    [][][]ProMera Sports Rep[][][]

Bodybuilding.com

Special Offers:
    Buy 1x Con-Cret, Get 2x 8 Servings Free!!
    Buy 2x Pump-Extrem, Get 1x Free!!

Subscribe to Cret-Nation Community
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159699471

aleksandar1389 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Rage,do you eat cooked peas and broccoli on your 12weeks program?

mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by aleksandar1389 View Post
    You can... But either fresh or frozen... Not canned...
    *Nobody cared who I was, until I put on the mask*

ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by aleksandar1389 View Post
    Originally Posted by mrdead View Post
    You can... But either fresh or frozen... Not canned...
    Indeed. Favor the broccoli over the peas since they are a bit dense and higher in sugar per cup.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

http://www.********.com/tom.r.fuller.5

Instagram Handle: ragingmuscle

nazarite777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My last week of HRT and man has it been the best routine I've ever followed. Intense is an understatement! Wish there was something to commemorate me finishing 12weeks I mean other than whati already see in the mirror..

Thanks rage! I will be doing this again after 4weeks!

ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by nazarite777 View Post
    My last week of HRT and man has it been the best routine I've ever followed. Intense is an understatement! Wish there was something to commemorate me finishing 12weeks I mean other than whati already see in the mirror..

Thanks rage! I will be doing this again after 4weeks!
    Good to hear brother. PM me.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

WOD2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Breathing while on HRT

How should one breathe while he is training on this program ( Specially on negative reps). The reason I am asking this is because on negative reps you are actually spending more time breathing in and very less time on breathing out ( this is considered very bad breathing by many experts on the subject). This question is more specific to HRT solo. Please guide and suggest.

KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    HRT Solo question:

I'll preface this by saying that I know programs are written like they are for a reason. Especially this one. You guys have science to back everything, and I love the program. I've never been more humbled and felt more accomplished in the gym like I have since starting HRT Solo. Now that that's out of the way, here's my question:

Has anyone had any success in doing some heavy bench work, say 2 sets of 3 prior to beginning the HRT day?

To be clear here's a sample chest day (removing Decline because my gym doesn't have one)

Bench Press (heavy) 2x3
    Bench Press (HRT Solo style)
    Incline (HRT Solo style)
    Pec Dec (again, no decline)

Part two of the question...

Is using DBs instead of barbell frowned upon?

Figured I'd ask. Going to keep rolling regardless.

mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

www.insideyourcorner.com

wow it looks like there is a new product coming out here. I have read that with the right training your body really shows the results. Not only are you physically fit but you also look great too.

Great stuff on the forums.

mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KorStrength View Post
    HRT Solo question:

I'll preface this by saying that I know programs are written like they are for a reason. Especially this one. You guys have science to back everything, and I love the program. I've never been more humbled and felt more accomplished in the gym like I have since starting HRT Solo. Now that that's out of the way, here's my question:

Has anyone had any success in doing some heavy bench work, say 2 sets of 3 prior to beginning the HRT day?

To be clear here's a sample chest day (removing Decline because my gym doesn't have one)

Bench Press (heavy) 2x3
    Incline (HRT Solo style)

Part two of the question...

Is using DBs instead of barbell frowned upon?

Figured I'd ask. Going to keep rolling regardless.
    Part one: Don't see why you couldn't... None of this is totally etched in stone/non-customizeable...

Part two: DB's are perfectly acceptable...

Will stacking Pump and the new Rage XL now be overkill on the Creatine, and could it lead to some bloat? (I never had any bloat before and I just want to make sure how the 2 different supps will combine in that regard.)

I was using Rage and Pump together. Pump had the Creatine Matrix, and Rage had no Creatine in it. Now, we have Rage XL, which does contain Creatine Mono.

I have finally used up my Orange Juiced(which I loved, and I know many did not like the taste) and I am ready to restock my Pump, so wanting to get the most bang for my buck without being wasteful.

Thanks all.

I would also make the assessment to still drop the red pill from Pump to make sure not to over-stim.
    Harvey

Pre-Workout
    ON Creatine(in Juice)
    ON Opti-Men

Intra-Workout
    Water

Other

Will stacking Pump and the new Rage XL now be overkill on the Creatine, and could it lead to some bloat? (I never had any bloat before and I just want to make sure how the 2 different supps will combine in that regard.)

I was using Rage and Pump together. Pump had the Creatine Matrix, and Rage had no Creatine in it. Now, we have Rage XL, which does contain Creatine Mono.

I have finally used up my Orange Juiced(which I loved, and I know many did not like the taste) and I am ready to restock my Pump, so wanting to get the most bang for my buck without being wasteful.

Thanks all.

I would also make the assessment to still drop the red pill from Pump to make sure not to over-stim.
    The main issue with a lot of supplements, is that everyone responds differently... And there a cases like me, that mega dose due to some health-related concerns... My mother has a recent diagnosis of a form of adult onset Muscular Dystrophy... And creatine has shown to have beneficial effects in regards to that... And some people are either slow or non-responders... But, from a frugal standpoint, I have a hard time justifying taking 2 different preworkouts at the same time...

Originally Posted by mrdead View Post
    The main issue with a lot of supplements, is that everyone responds differently... And there a cases like me, that mega dose due to some health-related concerns... My mother has a recent diagnosis of a form of adult onset Muscular Dystrophy... And creatine has shown to have beneficial effects in regards to that... And some people are either slow or non-responders... But, from a frugal standpoint, I have a hard time justifying taking 2 different preworkouts at the same time...
    Usually I would not stack 2 pres, agreed. I was following the suggestion of Universal; and Rage himself had suggested pairing the Pump and Rage(he's who told me to remove the red pill to not over stim). I used these in combination since previously PUMP had my daily Creatine and had the vaso-dilators, etc...which is why I have concern now with combining the 2. As long as no other formulation has changed, I'm not sure it would be much diff, other than the overkill on the Creatine. And based on what studies you read, the little bit extra of Creatine may or may not get used by the body.

Thanks for the input Deadman, always appreciated!
    Harvey

Pre-Workout
    ON Creatine(in Juice)
    ON Opti-Men

Intra-Workout
    Water

Other

BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    found a research study that basically uses a flywheel to store energy and then release it back at the person training with the machine for extra HELLCENTRIC overload - talked about in episode 37 at http://appliedmusclescience.com study abstract here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24263657. couldn't believe i hadn't been aware of this as I'm a huge fan of negatives and apparently this kind of research has been going on since 1989!
    barbell1.com - home of The Barbell1 Show - the only 5 day/wk Online Radio on building muscle
    Listened to in 171 Countries, Downloaded 1.3 million X in 2014-15
    Get it free on iTunes and Stitcher Radio for your mobile device!

About me:
    MS in Sports Dietetics
    Registered Dietitian
    BS in ESS
    NSCA Certified Personal Trainer

muscle1674 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscle1674 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bench Press (heavy) 2x3
    Incline (HRT Solo style)

I've been messing around with this extra set as well and I like it I might not go too too heavy where I'm totally taxed on the 2x3 but my chest is extrememly lacking so I figured I'd hit it again. What does the experts think about adding this small extra to the hrt solo, I've only tried it like 2ice because hrt has already been kicking my ass

BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by muscle1674 View Post
    Bench Press (heavy) 2x3
    Incline (HRT Solo style)

I've been messing around with this extra set as well and I like it I might not go too too heavy where I'm totally taxed on the 2x3 but my chest is extrememly lacking so I figured I'd hit it again. What does the experts think about adding this small extra to the hrt solo, I've only tried it like 2ice because hrt has already been kicking my ass
    wont know till u try
    barbell1.com - home of The Barbell1 Show - the only 5 day/wk Online Radio on building muscle
    Listened to in 171 Countries, Downloaded 1.3 million X in 2014-15
    Get it free on iTunes and Stitcher Radio for your mobile device!

About me:
    MS in Sports Dietetics
    Registered Dietitian
    BS in ESS
    NSCA Certified Personal Trainer

OK...Just want to make sure I got my head on straight here. Been a while since my last trip to Hell.

Doing HRT:Solo

Day 2 shows Leg Press, Hacks, and Revers Hacks.

My Gym has no Hack Machine.

I should be good with Leg Press, Regular Squats, and SLDLs, right?

Thanks in advance.
    Harvey

Pre-Workout
    ON Creatine(in Juice)
    ON Opti-Men

Intra-Workout
    Water

Other

OK...Just want to make sure I got my head on straight here. Been a while since my last trip to Hell.

Doing HRT:Solo

Day 2 shows Leg Press, Hacks, and Revers Hacks.

My Gym has no Hack Machine.

I should be good with Leg Press, Regular Squats, and SLDLs, right?

Thanks in advance.
    That would work.

softcutie91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Mirin

AllNaturalTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllNaturalTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllNaturalTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllNaturalTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllNaturalTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllNaturalTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllNaturalTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllNaturalTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllNaturalTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllNaturalTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllNaturalTom will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Looks great but definitely need an experienced spotter .
    my blog - AllNaturalTestBoost.com

Paulos20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paulos20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paulos20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paulos20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paulos20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paulos20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paulos20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paulos20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paulos20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paulos20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paulos20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I understand the purpose of this program is to build size , but at the same time I want to gain lean muscle and maintain being 'cut'. Will this achieve that?
    Starting today regardless.

Originally Posted by Paulos20 View Post
    I understand the purpose of this program is to build size , but at the same time I want to gain lean muscle and maintain being 'cut'. Will this achieve that?
    Starting today regardless.
    Indeed. One of my own experiences with this was when I was dieting for the North American while using HRT as my training regimen. I ended up putting on about 5 lbs of lean mass while holding my bf right at about 6% in the middle of that prep. The testing method was hydrostatic.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com