Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jhampukdia View Post
    thanks a lot buddy ,
    will do that right away ,
    i had asked one more question about the deep tissue massage ,
    actually many people around here dont know much about it ,
    it would be risky doing something which is not known

thanks
    regards
    Sannjay
    First to post pictures I think you need like 50 posts before you can add them.

Deep tissue massage is a well known practice around here. Basically the are rubbing out the scar tissue. It is very painfull but does wonders. If you are going to get into this full throttle I recomend finding someone who can help you with this. The foam rollers you can buy at most retail centers actually mimics the effect and you can do it yourself for some areas.

Garrick

P.S. Google is a wonderfull thing just search it brother there is like 2 million pages of information.
    If I can do it, you can do it! Now get up and do something! IT'S GO TIME!

I am a firm believer and Proof that the Hellraiser method works, and I am just getting started!

Want to know more about Hellraiser Training?

Check out the forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=573

Check out the videos: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hrt-animal-hellraiser-trainer-series-overview.html

jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thanks

Thanks ,
    for the information ,
    unfortunately there aren't many people who do this type of massage here and it would be risky getting it done from someone who doesnt even know about it ,
    i think for the time being i will just stick to normal body massage ,
    i googled about it and got the info but the person who was going to do it on me had no clue about it ,
    thanks a lot for the tips and information HRT Friends ,
    whatever it is , there is no stopping the program .....
    Have a Nice Day
    Regards
    Sannjay

ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks ,
    for the information ,
    unfortunately there aren't many people who do this type of massage here and it would be risky getting it done from someone who doesnt even know about it ,
    i think for the time being i will just stick to normal body massage ,
    i googled about it and got the info but the person who was going to do it on me had no clue about it ,
    thanks a lot for the tips and information HRT Friends ,
    whatever it is , there is no stopping the program .....
    Have a Nice Day
    Regards
    Sannjay
    Sannjay, do you have Chiropractors? A lot of those offices offer deep tissue massage.

Good luck brother!

Garrick

I am a firm believer and Proof that the Hellraiser method works, and I am just getting started!

Check out the videos: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hrt-animal-hellraiser-trainer-series-overview.html

jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hi

Originally Posted by ggfusion View Post
    Sannjay, do you have Chiropractors? A lot of those offices offer deep tissue massage.

Good luck brother!

Garrick
    Hi,
    yes there are , will check with them ,
    thanks a lot for the information , it was really very helpful ,
    Btw did cardio today on the rest day , whole body is aching but i cant wait to get back ,
    i keep watching Sir Tom's videos on HRT and seeing big Mike getting
    all the instructions during the workouts ,
    it really helps a lot in motivation .

one more question , which was more difficult the original HRT OR THE SOLO HRT ?
    i was taking a lot of time with the original HRT because everytime i was getting a different partner to help me out and every time different amount of pressure was being applied ,
    but with solo hrt mainly i don't have to depend on anybody i do it bymyself it saves a lot of time
    and im aware of the exact way of doing it, i have stopped listening to music while i workout because i feel HRT needs lot of concentration especially during the negative 6 of the 2nd set .
    please comment

thanks
    regards
    Sannjay

Hi,
    yes there are , will check with them ,
    thanks a lot for the information , it was really very helpful ,
    Btw did cardio today on the rest day , whole body is aching but i cant wait to get back ,
    i keep watching Sir Tom's videos on HRT and seeing big Mike getting
    all the instructions during the workouts ,
    it really helps a lot in motivation .

one more question , which was more difficult the original HRT OR THE SOLO HRT ?
    i was taking a lot of time with the original HRT because everytime i was getting a different partner to help me out and every time different amount of pressure was being applied ,
    but with solo hrt mainly i don't have to depend on anybody i do it bymyself it saves a lot of time
    and im aware of the exact way of doing it, i have stopped listening to music while i workout because i feel HRT needs lot of concentration especially during the negative 6 of the 2nd set .
    please comment

thanks
    regards
    Sannjay

They are both difficult, I actually prefer the solo for myself because I hate to have to rely on anyone.

Garrick

yes ur right , i unfortunately always would have to search a new partner to do the HRT and then most of the time was spent on explaining them what is to be done,
    any ways thanks a lot ,
    i am putting up before pictures first, because i dont have 50 posts , so i think i will do before and after pics first

thanks a lot Garrick,
    saw ur pics , going great

regards
    Sannjay

yes ur right , i unfortunately always would have to search a new partner to do the HRT and then most of the time was spent on explaining them what is to be done,
    any ways thanks a lot ,
    i am putting up before pictures first, because i dont have 50 posts , so i think i will do before and after pics first

thanks a lot Garrick, saw ur pics , going great

regards
    Sannjay

Thank you brother! Its been a long road but I think I just hit my stride.

Garrick

Artluo100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm having trouble hitting my stubborn belly fat.. it's probably from the past 3-4 years of constantly drinking beer. I can somewhat see my six pack when flexed but when relaxed it just comes right out. Any recommendations? A buddy told me to dial back on the carbs throughout the day but the HRT programs calls for carbs throughout the way (which I've been following, of course).
    Hell Raiser Training Solo Progress
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152160513

Originally Posted by Artluo100 View Post
    I'm having trouble hitting my stubborn belly fat.. it's probably from the past 3-4 years of constantly drinking beer. I can somewhat see my six pack when flexed but when relaxed it just comes right out. Any recommendations? A buddy told me to dial back on the carbs throughout the day but the HRT programs calls for carbs throughout the way (which I've been following, of course).
    HRT Is not just for bulking my friend, I cut over 30 pound while maintaining a good body comp change. You can dial back the carbs no problem. The beuty of this program is that it is fairly universal. Good for guys, girls, pros, newbies, gainers, cutters, and maintenance. I could be smart and say just add water but you need to adjust your marcros as well.

Garrick

thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OK...I have tried...T-Bar Row...

I started using the "home-plate" set up with a bar and handles...didn't feel right, and didn't feel like I was isolating the back very much at all...felt like it was all arms...

Y gets a new "T-Bar Row Machine"...I thought maybe it would be one like we see in the demo video here on BB.com...but no...you step up on it, and the feet are angled back so it makes you feel like your center or gravity is all toward the back of your heels and you're still stooped over to do the exercise. In order to try to stabalize, seems to engage the lower back in a away that does not feel right.

Now I am back to the "Home-plate" set up...but I am frustrated...

I just watched the video again, and I am going to try to find a loose handle like the one Rage and Mike use to see if that help...currently the handle I use is much closer to the bar, so the movement seems much sorter too...could be part of the problem.

If that fails, what exercise can be subbed in for T-Bar Row on Session IV?
    Harvey

Pre-Workout
    ON Creatine(in Juice)
    Triple Strength Osteo-BiFlex
    ON Opti-Men

Intra-Workout
    Water

Protein(whatever I can afford right now...sucks I know)

Other

Originally Posted by thorfinnr View Post

I started using the "home-plate" set up with a bar and handles...didn't feel right, and didn't feel like I was isolating the back very much at all...felt like it was all arms...

Y gets a new "T-Bar Row Machine"...I thought maybe it would be one like we see in the demo video here on BB.com...but no...you step up on it, and the feet are angled back so it makes you feel like your center or gravity is all toward the back of your heels and you're still stooped over to do the exercise. In order to try to stabalize, seems to engage the lower back in a away that does not feel right.

I just watched the video again, and I am going to try to find a loose handle like the one Rage and Mike use to see if that help...currently the handle I use is much closer to the bar, so the movement seems much sorter too...could be part of the problem.

Put a lat pull down bar on a standard row and make sure you are getting your elbows all the way back. I very my grip to ensure I am hitting my whole back.

I also throw in a set of hyperextensions to finish out back with a 45 plate. Its like back ab work but it does wonders for the core.

Garrick

Originally Posted by thorfinnr View Post

I had this problem for a while and I couldn't get the T-Bar setup correctly until I started looking around the forums. I found that using an EZ-Bar on the barbell works great. Since the middle of the EZ-Bar is curved, the barbell will on the bottom of the curve.

HRT Is not just for bulking my friend, I cut over 30 pound while maintaining a good body comp change. You can dial back the carbs no problem. The beuty of this program is that it is fairly universal. Good for guys, girls, pros, newbies, gainers, cutters, and maintenance. I could be smart and say just add water but you need to adjust your marcros as well.

Garrick
    On Friday, I tried to dial back the carbs.. actually I just didn't have time to make lunch for the day and didn't have my 10AM and 3PM meal. For lunch I had a grilled chicken salad and by the time I got home I just had my pre-workout and went to the gym. I have to say.. I felt very weak at the gym and I was dead tired by the end of my gym session. Should I increases protein intake and lower the carbs?

I've been sick for a week now so that probably has an effect on my lifts as well.

BTW I thought this was a very interesting read for those who are interested in learning more about dieting: reddit dot com /r/loseit/comments/19wsr4/hi_loseit_i_went_from_215_19_at_bodyfat_to_187_at/

I can't post links right now since I don't have 50 posts yet but just replace the 'dot com' with a '.com'
    Last edited by Artluo100; 03-10-2013 at 12:15 PM.

On Friday, I tried to dial back the carbs.. actually I just didn't have time to make lunch for the day and didn't have my 10AM and 3PM meal. For lunch I had a grilled chicken salad and by the time I got home I just had my pre-workout and went to the gym. I have to say.. I felt very weak at the gym and I was dead tired by the end of my gym session. Should I increases protein intake and lower the carbs?

I've been sick for a week now so that probably has an effect on my lifts as well.

BTW I thought this was a very interesting read for those who are interested in learning more about dieting: reddit dot com /r/loseit/comments/19wsr4/hi_loseit_i_went_from_215_19_at_bodyfat_to_187_at/

I can't post links right now since I don't have 50 posts yet but just replace the 'dot com' with a '.com'
    Absolutely you can increase your protein, I would also recomend BCAA's intra workout. While your body adjust to a lower carb input and starts burning fat for fuel unfortunately you are going to be more tired then if you keep putting carbs in the tank. But thats how it works if you want to cut. You can minimize the foggy feeling through getting enough sleep, using a quality pre workout, getting plenty of protein and healthy fats (omega 3's) and using BCAA's.

Good luck!

Garrick

thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Put a lat pull down bar on a standard row and make sure you are getting your elbows all the way back. I very my grip to ensure I am hitting my whole back.

I also throw in a set of hyperextensions to finish out back with a 45 plate. Its like back ab work but it does wonders for the core.

Garrick
    I had this problem for a while and I couldn't get the T-Bar setup correctly until I started looking around the forums. I found that using an EZ-Bar on the barbell works great. Since the middle of the EZ-Bar is curved, the barbell will on the bottom of the curve.
    Thanks for the suggestions...I'm sure one of those will work if I can't find a bar in the gym like they use in the video.

Much appreciated!!
    Harvey

Pre-Workout
    ON Creatine(in Juice)
    Triple Strength Osteo-BiFlex
    ON Opti-Men

Intra-Workout
    Water

Protein(whatever I can afford right now...sucks I know)

Other

Absolutely you can increase your protein, I would also recomend BCAA's intra workout. While your body adjust to a lower carb input and starts burning fat for fuel unfortunately you are going to be more tired then if you keep putting carbs in the tank. But thats how it works if you want to cut. You can minimize the foggy feeling through getting enough sleep, using a quality pre workout, getting plenty of protein and healthy fats (omega 3's) and using BCAA's.

Good luck!

Garrick
    Thanks! Looks like I'll slowly dial back the carb intake and increase the protein intake gradually. Going from eating over 200g of carbs to eating no carbs was a huge shock to my body and I definitely felt it at the gym.

Another question.. I want to add more chest workouts so I can build up my chest quicker. Any recommendations? What about adding dips and push-ups?

Thanks! Looks like I'll slowly dial back the carb intake and increase the protein intake gradually. Going from eating over 200g of carbs to eating no carbs was a huge shock to my body and I definitely felt it at the gym.

Another question.. I want to add more chest workouts so I can build up my chest quicker. Any recommendations? What about adding dips and push-ups?
    I like dips for 2 reasons leaning forward hits the chest and straight up the triceps. Push ups are awesome for the hotel room or if you have nothing ealse but isolation and maintaining contraction are important.

Garrick

I like dips for 2 reasons leaning forward hits the chest and straight up the triceps. Push ups are awesome for the hotel room or if you have nothing ealse but isolation and maintaining contraction are important.

Garrick
    I've incorporated decline sit-ups to every workout session, should I incorporate dips and push-ups to every workout session as well or would that overwork my chest muscles? Last thing I do is want to lose gains on my chest days.

Thanks for the help btw!

I've incorporated decline sit-ups to every workout session, should I incorporate dips and push-ups to every workout session as well or would that overwork my chest muscles? Last thing I do is want to lose gains on my chest days.

Thanks for the help btw!
    Your welcome! And yess doing pushups everyday would deffinately overtrain and not give your muscle time to grow. You dont want to work any muscle group every day. the only muscle group I could see on this program working twice a week is indeed abs because they seem to heal so quickly. I do abs 3 times a week MWF but I ensure I am working them slightly differently each time Ball crunch / oblique then flutter kicks / planks then s9ide to sides / leg raises would be a good 3 day split (for example). if you are going to incorporate dips use it as 2 sets of 8+6 for triceps and do another 2 sets of a tricep exercise that is more isolating like a tricep extension or overhead tricep pulls with a rope and cable (hella good burn) Oh yeah sit ups every day is also not a good idea as they can't grow if you overtrain and from the looks of things you are pretty close to showing some real decent abs. You see 2 diffent types of people with abs: The type that are ripped to shreds and show decent abs and the peeps who took the time to grow them properly and show them even when they are not shreded down to nothing.

Garrick

UncleBee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

bench press question

I have a question about bench presses. I have noticed that whether I do flat, incline or decline bench press, all I feel are my triceps. The burning in my arms is really intense but I do not feel anything in my chest. Is this normal? Could this be caused by bad form?

mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by UncleBee View Post
    I have a question about bench presses. I have noticed that whether I do flat, incline or decline bench press, all I feel are my triceps. The burning in my arms is really intense but I do not feel anything in my chest. Is this normal? Could this be caused by bad form?
    I had the same issue, for a bit... But, what I did was drop the weight, and concentrate on the pec contraction... Never get caught up in the numbers game... (Unless you're a powerlifter...)
    *Nobody cared who I was, until I put on the mask*

Originally Posted by UncleBee View Post
    Few things that worked for me.

1. Make sure your shoulders are back and down like you are pinching your shoulder blades together while pressing.
    2. I always start with cable flies to the center mid level (I know most people finish with it) but I found I can get the whole pec muscle warmed up and stretched out and can get a better mind muscle connection once its warm.
    3. Listen to Mr. Dead (I DO!) and drop the weights down so you can focus on the contraction of the muscle.

Its funny how you have some guys that can lift a ton of weight that have ZERO definition and some guys that look like they could lift a house but lift lighter weight and focus on the contration. Sometimes it's not how much you can lift, but how much you look like you can lift that counts.
    Its good to go nuts and max out once in a while but your main focus should be contraction and mind muscle connection.

I used to be the guy that just tried to lift everything then after the constant injuries in one place or another I found form and function play key roles in looking your best. Plus less plates to put away (bonus!)

Garrick

Thank you brother! Its been a long road but I think I just hit my stride.

Garrick
    Hi Garrick ,
    How u doing ?
    I have hurt my lower back during the stretches,
    I Know Tom Sir had said in the video not to go crazy about it , but i think i over did it and i have a pain in my lower back ,
    What do i do ? its hurting while doing other workouts and cant workout well with it
    Thanks
    Regards
    Sannjay

So it looks like I might be plateauing. I'm lifting the same amount as I've been lifting for the past 2-3 weeks and I think this is the case with the exception of a few exercises. What are some signs of plateauing and how can I overcome a plateau?

I've increased my calorie increase to about 3300, up from the 2200-2400 that I've been eating since Week 1. Even then I was seeing gains but I'm guessing those were beginner gains that everyone talks about.

Every time I try to increase the weights by 5 lbs, I'll find it hard to complete the set... so I just end up decreasing it back.

mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi Garrick ,
    How u doing ?
    I have hurt my lower back during the stretches,
    I Know Tom Sir had said in the video not to go crazy about it , but i think i over did it and i have a pain in my lower back ,
    What do i do ? its hurting while doing other workouts and cant workout well with it
    Thanks
    Regards
    Sannjay
    Heat and rest are going to be your best friends, currently... You only have one body... You don't want to cause further damage... Rest, get healed, and then go back to it...

So it looks like I might be plateauing. I'm lifting the same amount as I've been lifting for the past 2-3 weeks and I think this is the case with the exception of a few exercises. What are some signs of plateauing and how can I overcome a plateau?

I've increased my calorie increase to about 3300, up from the 2200-2400 that I've been eating since Week 1. Even then I was seeing gains but I'm guessing those were beginner gains that everyone talks about.

Every time I try to increase the weights by 5 lbs, I'll find it hard to complete the set... so I just end up decreasing it back.
    What macros did you increase, when you upped your cals...??? Also... How much sleep are you getting...
    *Nobody cared who I was, until I put on the mask*

Dead Makes some good points, if you have an injury sometimes you have to leave it alone and train aroung it till it heals.

Art: Have you taken a day to play with the weights and check your new max lifts? You might be surprised how what seems like a rut during HRT does not translate into actual strenght gains or limbo. Whenever I would feel like I was in a rut I would first check my actual numbers and see where my max was and if I was truly rutted I would change my routine slightly but stick with the HRT layout. Play with it, maybe change up some exercises to hit complimentary muscle groups (hammer dumbbell sets, instead of barbell curls etc.)

Garrick

Originally Posted by mrdead View Post
    Heat and rest are going to be your best friends, currently... You only have one body... You don't want to cause further damage... Rest, get healed, and then go back to it...

What macros did you increase, when you upped your cals...??? Also... How much sleep are you getting...
    I basically ate more of the same meats, more brown rice, more protein, milk, etc. I've also added yogurt and instant oatmeal throughout the day. My intake today would be 3385 calories, 297g protein, 256g carbs and 125g fat (most of the fat is from salmon today).

Thanks Dead ,
    OK , i think it would be a wise thing to do , Garrick train around it means other body parts right ???
    I think i will do back workouts next week ,
    Actually how often do i do the stretching otherwise ????

Thanks Dead ,
    OK , i think it would be a wise thing to do , Garrick train around it means other body parts right ???
    I think i will do back workouts next week ,
    Actually how often do i do the stretching otherwise ????
    Yes train your other body parts and don't beat up tour back, not saying stay away from it completely, depending upon the trouble are you can probably do lats etc. I dont stretch until the muscle is warmed up, like between sets. Stretching a prior to warming up the muscle can actually do more harm then good. I have read some interseting articles lately about this very topic. Back pain is just that a pain, you use it for so many things and if you tweek it wrong you can pretty much be in pain during every workout. Strengthen your core as much as you can (abs, obliques, lower back) to give yourself a little back insurance.

Garrick

UncleBee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Few things that worked for me.

1. Make sure your shoulders are back and down like you are pinching your shoulder blades together while pressing.
    2. I always start with cable flies to the center mid level (I know most people finish with it) but I found I can get the whole pec muscle warmed up and stretched out and can get a better mind muscle connection once its warm.
    3. Listen to Mr. Dead (I DO!) and drop the weights down so you can focus on the contraction of the muscle.

Its funny how you have some guys that can lift a ton of weight that have ZERO definition and some guys that look like they could lift a house but lift lighter weight and focus on the contration. Sometimes it's not how much you can lift, but how much you look like you can lift that counts.
    Its good to go nuts and max out once in a while but your main focus should be contraction and mind muscle connection.

I used to be the guy that just tried to lift everything then after the constant injuries in one place or another I found form and function play key roles in looking your best. Plus less plates to put away (bonus!)

Garrick
    Today felt much better after I put your tips to use. Thanks!

I am finishing up week 11 of the solo program. I must say that when I look in the mirror right after a workout, I am very satisfied with the way my body looks. However, looking in the mirror the next morning right after waking up, I think to myself "wtf happened?".

Now I assume that it is somewhat normal that muscles pumped up after a workout look bigger and better than relaxed muscles. In my case this seems pretty drastic though. Are there any tips for looking better on an every day basis and not just after working out? Or is that something that will just come with time and continuous lifting?