I'm always been a fairly skinny guy, with a fast metabolism that results in me having a hard time gaining weight.
I'm looking to start a home workout program to reach the goal of putting on about 20 pounds of mass+muscle. I can spend 4, maybe 5 days a week at about 30mins - 1 hr per day on my routine.
Being new to the workout community, I've got some questions that I'm unsure of. If you could answer any of the below questions or even point me to some helpful links/sites, I would greatly appreciate it.
- What equipment should I buy? Looking to buy reasonably priced used equipment (eg. Free weights vs. machines?)
- What would be a good workout routine to satisfy the above goals given the time I can put in?
- What should my diet be like? (Protein is king I assume)
- Are my goals reasonable based on the amount of time I can spend on this?
- Do you recommend the use of supplements? (I've heard Myotein is really good)
I know these are big questions, but you guys are the experts! Please shed some light on this or point me in the right direction.