becks11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Add weight to ab exercises?

So currently I'm at about 6'0" 180-185 and around 11% body fat. Currently cutting trying to get a nice 6/8-pak going. I was wondering if you guys think I should add some weight to my ab workouts. Or just keep doing the Ab Ripper X (P90x ab workout) to build up the abs? Obviously i want my abs to be leaner, but also need to get them bigger to show. Suggestions?

SebLean will become famous soon enough. (+50) SebLean will become famous soon enough. (+50) SebLean will become famous soon enough. (+50) SebLean will become famous soon enough. (+50) SebLean will become famous soon enough. (+50) SebLean will become famous soon enough. (+50) SebLean will become famous soon enough. (+50) SebLean will become famous soon enough. (+50) SebLean will become famous soon enough. (+50) SebLean will become famous soon enough. (+50) SebLean will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by becks11 View Post
    So currently I'm at about 6'0" 180-185 and around 11% body fat. Currently cutting trying to get a nice 6/8-pak going. I was wondering if you guys think I should add some weight to my ab workouts. Or just keep doing the Ab Ripper X (P90x ab workout) to build up the abs? Obviously i want my abs to be leaner, but also need to get them bigger to show. Suggestions?
    I want to know as well....

Registered User fazzenterprises's Avatar
    fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by becks11 View Post
    Its good to mix together weighted ab exercises at low reps for building ab size... Then higher rep exercises for more tone and deeper lines.

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by fazzenterprises View Post
    Its good to mix together weighted ab exercises at low reps for building ab size... Then higher rep exercises for more tone and deeper lines.
    This, mix it up

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you want them bigger you have to add weight and be in a cal surplus. For some reason people don't think of abs as a "real" muscle (s) or something
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

SebLean will become famous soon enough. (+50) SebLean will become famous soon enough. (+50) SebLean will become famous soon enough. (+50) SebLean will become famous soon enough. (+50) SebLean will become famous soon enough. (+50) SebLean will become famous soon enough. (+50) SebLean will become famous soon enough. (+50) SebLean will become famous soon enough. (+50) SebLean will become famous soon enough. (+50) SebLean will become famous soon enough. (+50) SebLean will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You mean mix them up during the same workout, or different days? (Some days high reps some days low??)

Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SebLean View Post
    You mean mix them up during the same workout, or different days? (Some days high reps some days low??)
    i dont think it matters just as long as your getting them done. personally i would seperate the two, but there isnt much difference.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Absolutely. The majority of my core movements are weighted. Resistance is essential for progressive hypertrophy.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

becks11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome, thanks guys. I'm currently doing abs almost every other day. I'll start doing one day weighted/lower reps, then the next time body weight/higher reps.

Irish91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irish91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irish91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irish91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irish91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irish91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irish91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irish91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irish91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irish91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irish91 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I agree added weight builds muscle. but higher reps doesnt "tone" theres only muscle size and lower bodyfat.
    Will rep back if your comment makes me laugh

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Irish91 View Post
    I agree added weight builds muscle. but higher reps doesnt "tone" theres only muscle size and lower bodyfat.
    yep
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

pedodio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pedodio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pedodio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pedodio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pedodio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pedodio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pedodio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pedodio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pedodio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pedodio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pedodio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Leverage

add weights more than leverage, if you want to be FREAK STRONG like this man,

Cheers my bro

youtube.com/watch?v=-0yauyyv534