Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'11", 164 lbs
    LifterMark has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LifterMark has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LifterMark has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LifterMark has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LifterMark has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LifterMark has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LifterMark has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LifterMark has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LifterMark has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LifterMark has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LifterMark has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit LifterMark's BodySpace

Anyone have Osgood Schlatters disease?

Over the past year, I've had this bump right below my knee but I thought nothing of it because there was no pain. Today I tried to warm up for squats and it felt like my knee was breaking in half. Looked up symptoms and talked to my sister, who is a nurse and has Osgood Schlatters, and I'm sure I have it. It kind of pisses me off because of the amount of time I'll have to take off from lifting/sports. Has anyone else had to deal with this? Does a bracing bandage on the knee help that much? What do?

LifterMark has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LifterMark has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LifterMark has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LifterMark has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LifterMark has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LifterMark has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LifterMark has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LifterMark has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LifterMark has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LifterMark has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LifterMark has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Help me misc!

Stats: 5'11", 188 lbs
    ABurger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ABurger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ABurger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ABurger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ABurger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ABurger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ABurger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ABurger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ABurger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ABurger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ABurger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit ABurger's BodySpace
    haha, had this since 5th grade, never knew what it was, thanks for the info OP

Originally Posted by ABurger View Post
    haha, had this since 5th grade, never knew what it was, thanks for the info OP
    You in pain brah??

Brosum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brosum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brosum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brosum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brosum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brosum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brosum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brosum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brosum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brosum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brosum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Had this in middle school when i noticed a bump near my knee and it was giving me pain. I had to wear a knee brace for awhile, but the pain eventually went away.

Stats: 6'1", 194 lbs
    Ernick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ernick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ernick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ernick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ernick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ernick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ernick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ernick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ernick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ernick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ernick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit Ernick's BodySpace
    a friend of mine has it. His knees bother him once in a while, but never for long periods of time
    Maintain Alpha, Acquire Asthetics

♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦

I rape back

Originally Posted by Brosum View Post
    Had this in middle school when i noticed a bump near my knee and it was giving me pain. I had to wear a knee brace for awhile, but the pain eventually went away.
    How long did it take?

Everything I read says 2 years. I don't want to believe it though.

Stats: 6'1", 203 lbs
    Ek2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ek2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ek2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ek2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ek2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ek2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ek2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ek2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ek2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ek2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ek2 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Ek2's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by LifterMark View Post
    How long did it take?

Everything I read says 2 years. I don't want to believe it though.
    I had it the entire time I was a teenager pretty much. Went away around 18. Played football and everything with it, some days sucked more than others. I used a knee brace when it got tough to deal with.

my doctor told me that it usually goes away as your growth plates close near the end of adolescence, so it's surprising that you would only begin to show symptoms now. Mine was gone/getting better by the time I was your age.
    Last edited by Ek2; 10-19-2011 at 12:53 PM.
    CFC
    BVB

“It is so characteristic, that just when the mechanics of reproduction are so vastly improved, there are fewer and fewer people who know how music should be played. ”
    ― Ludwig Wittgenstein

negs on sight: broservative

Originally Posted by Ek2 View Post
    I had it the entire time I was a teenager pretty much. Went away around 18. Played football and everything with it, some days sucked more than others. I used a knee brace when it got tough to deal with.

my doctor told me that it usually goes away as your growth plates close near the end of adolescence, so it's surprising that you would only begin to show symptoms now. Mine was gone/getting better by the time I was your age.
    That's what I was thinking. I played soccer all throughout adolescence, started lifting sophomore year of highschool, and picked up basketball a year ago. And it's JUST NOW showing up...Does this mean I am still growing and could possibly get taller?

Journey to Aesthetics DjentBrah's Avatar
    Stats: 5'7", 167 lbs
    DjentBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DjentBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DjentBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DjentBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DjentBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DjentBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DjentBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DjentBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DjentBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DjentBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DjentBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit DjentBrah's BodySpace
    Got it when I was like 12 brah.
    Pain consisted for a couple years.
    Still have the big lump, barely any pain.
    Still have to be careful with leg exercises.
    Feelsbadman.
    Most people grow out of it. Hopefully I grow a bit more.
    5'7

Go to doctor.

EDIT: also been playing soccer for 13+ years. Few guys on my teams had it too. It's more common than you think.
    -bench, squat, djentlift
    -I created brotip #464...mirin?
    -disregard peasants, keep living for you.

Originally Posted by DjentBrah View Post
    Got it when I was like 12 brah.
    Pain consisted for a couple years.
    Still have the big lump, barely any pain.
    Still have to be careful with leg exercises.
    Feelsbadman.
    Most people grow out of it. Hopefully I grow a bit more.
    5'7

Go to doctor.
    I never go to doctor unless I need stitches, staples, or am dying.

Brah, you're ripped. It will be ok.

Stats: 5'10", 176 lbs
    XeNoN89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) XeNoN89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) XeNoN89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) XeNoN89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) XeNoN89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) XeNoN89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) XeNoN89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) XeNoN89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) XeNoN89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) XeNoN89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) XeNoN89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit XeNoN89's BodySpace
    My brother had it a a few eyars ago, it lasted for like 2 years and then it went i think
    ☆☆☆υк ˘яєω☆☆☆

Football Mercenary Football_Bill's Avatar
    Stats: 6'3", 255 lbs
    Football_Bill has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Football_Bill has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Football_Bill has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Football_Bill has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Football_Bill has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Football_Bill has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Football_Bill has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Football_Bill has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Football_Bill has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Football_Bill has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Football_Bill has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit Football_Bill's BodySpace
    No need to stop training at all. A knee brace that puts a little pressure on the "lump" would be helpful, but other than that take Aleve. All you will get by going to the doctors is a script for Naproxen. I had it all through high school, getting hit on that lump hurts like hell, but it should not stifle your training at all.
    "No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable" - Socrates 400BC

65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

www.keto.org
    www.hannenhealth.com/keto.htm

OPisAmaggot is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OPisAmaggot is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OPisAmaggot is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OPisAmaggot is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OPisAmaggot is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OPisAmaggot is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OPisAmaggot is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OPisAmaggot is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OPisAmaggot is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OPisAmaggot is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OPisAmaggot is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    don't disregard my post just because i'm red, i'll be completely srs here (srs)

i had this syndrome since i was 13. i was a frequent basketball player so i jumped off my left knee to do layups and such very frequently. started hurting and noticed a bump (like you), went to family doctor, diagnosed with sogood schlatter syndrome. he said there's nothing i can do about it but wait. i'm 18 years old now and i stopped playing basketball since i was 13 and it got better. just try not to use your knee too much, it gets better with time

btw, osgood schlatter =/= jumper's knee. jus sayin

Stats: 5'11", 185 lbs
    Fourteen has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Fourteen has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Fourteen has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Fourteen has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Fourteen has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Fourteen has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Fourteen has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Fourteen has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Fourteen has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Fourteen has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Fourteen has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Fourteen's BodySpace
    i have it right now, my left one's gone and right one is going away soon. Have fun op you'll about it for about two years, and every leg day will make you want to kill yourself.

Every fukking squat your body starts going to the other knee and it's very obvious, you have to mentally stop that. Look up something called oscon. Don't know if it's legit but it looks interesting . GL
    **Canadian Crew**
    **pretend I host a cooking show every time I cook crew*

1k+

Resident Liberal Elite NeoKantian's Avatar
    NeoKantian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NeoKantian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NeoKantian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NeoKantian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NeoKantian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NeoKantian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NeoKantian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NeoKantian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NeoKantian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NeoKantian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) NeoKantian has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    How about you just go to an orthopedic doctor and get a proper diagnosis.
    "God help us; we're in the hands of engineers." - JP Quote

Please Donate to Help Cure Hearing Loss:
    http://hearinghealthfoundation.org/
    http://hearinglosscure.stanford.edu/

bluffin with my muffin TurdMuffin's Avatar
    Stats: 6'2", 225 lbs
    TurdMuffin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TurdMuffin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TurdMuffin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TurdMuffin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TurdMuffin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TurdMuffin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TurdMuffin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TurdMuffin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TurdMuffin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TurdMuffin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TurdMuffin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit TurdMuffin's BodySpace
    have you grown recently? isnt it kind of odd for someone to not get it until 19? my buddy got it in hs when he was like 16 or 17 and it still bothers him sometimes now at 21. his biggest problem would be doing something, then cooling down, then doing something again. it bothered him a lot during basketball in high school when he would sit out and then go back in. but its not an issue now since he doesnt do anything like that anymore

Originally Posted by Fourteen View Post
    i have it right now, my left one's gone and right one is going away soon. Have fun op you'll about it for about two years, and every leg day will make you want to kill yourself.

Every fukking squat your body starts going to the other knee and it's very obvious, you have to mentally stop that. Look up something called oscon. Don't know if it's legit but it looks interesting . GL
    So, I can't do anymore harm by working it?

Originally Posted by TurdMuffin View Post
    have you grown recently? isnt it kind of odd for someone to not get it until 19? my buddy got it in hs when he was like 16 or 17 and it still bothers him sometimes now at 21. his biggest problem would be doing something, then cooling down, then doing something again. it bothered him a lot during basketball in high school when he would sit out and then go back in. but its not an issue now since he doesnt do anything like that anymore
    I don't know. I don't feel or look any bigger/taller and I haven't checked my height in forever. I don't have a tape measure lying around either(at uni).

Stats: 5'7", 145 lbs
    .Locus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .Locus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .Locus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .Locus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .Locus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .Locus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .Locus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .Locus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .Locus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .Locus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .Locus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit .Locus's BodySpace
    Thats the kneecap tracking problem, right?
    What if you improved your quad flexibility?

Stats: 6'4", 195 lbs
    JWilli9m has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JWilli9m has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JWilli9m has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JWilli9m has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JWilli9m has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JWilli9m has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JWilli9m has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JWilli9m has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JWilli9m has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JWilli9m has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JWilli9m has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit JWilli9m's BodySpace
    I had pretty bad osgood schlatters when I was a kid. Prob around age 13-16.

Theres not much you can do for it, its kinda painful but eventually it goes away. You can try using those bands but they never did anything for me

Its really not a big deal OP
    USC - Arizona Cardinals - Arizona Diamondbacks - USA Soccer
    3k+ leave a comment in CP

Stats: 6'3", 185 lbs
    BodyPoints: 15625
    poppa_boner has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) poppa_boner has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) poppa_boner has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) poppa_boner has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) poppa_boner has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) poppa_boner has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) poppa_boner has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) poppa_boner has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) poppa_boner has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) poppa_boner has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) poppa_boner has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit poppa_boner's BodySpace
    i had the worst osgood schlatter disease ever in high school after growing 6 inches in 5 months..... it was extremely painful but i kept playing on it to the point i cracked my platellar bone in half, if it fully cracked, i would have had extreme surgery and like 2 years in physical therapy

yeah brah it hurts like a biitch and it sucks i feel ya

Stats: 6'1", 175 lbs
    Ebola_Virus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ebola_Virus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ebola_Virus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ebola_Virus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ebola_Virus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ebola_Virus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ebola_Virus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ebola_Virus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ebola_Virus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ebola_Virus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ebola_Virus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Ebola_Virus's BodySpace
    I had a fairly severe case of it that started in the 4th grade. There's nothing you can but work through the pain which was very hard for me as a fourth grader who was active in multiple sports. Luckily for me it went away just before I started high school...either that or I just got used to it.

I'm 12 and what is this? Trickmyster18's Avatar
    Stats: 6'3", 190 lbs
    Trickmyster18 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trickmyster18 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trickmyster18 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trickmyster18 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trickmyster18 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trickmyster18 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trickmyster18 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trickmyster18 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trickmyster18 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trickmyster18 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trickmyster18 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Trickmyster18's BodySpace
    I had it extremely bad when I was in middle school, had to quit track and cross country because of it. It went away after about 3 years for me.
    Favorite People: TheBateman, YaBoyDave, SashaStar, LookItsKeith, Uracowman, Shangius