Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    fatdog123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

No bicep soreness?whats the reason

Hey guys whats the reason for my biceps not having soreness the day after the workout,i mean every other bodyparts get sore the next day but except my biceps no matter how hard and heavy i train it,can i have a reason to why it doesnt get Sore At all?It makes me think that my bicep isnt growing and stuff

Erik1995 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you really doing the exercises right? (technique) Your muscles doesnt have to get sore.

Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    DOMS doesn't really mean ****, well it hasn't been completely explained. As long as you apply progressional overload its just a matter of time until size comes.

Igsterau has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Igsterau has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by fatdog123 View Post
    Hey guys whats the reason for my biceps not having soreness the day after the workout,i mean every other bodyparts get sore the next day but except my biceps no matter how hard and heavy i train it,can i have a reason to why it doesnt get Sore At all?It makes me think that my bicep isnt growing and stuff
    What is your bicep routine?

Originally Posted by Igsterau View Post
    What is your bicep routine?
    Incline curl,preacher curl,barbell curls and hammer curl or concentration..depends

Originally Posted by Qfire View Post
    DOMS doesn't really mean ****, well it hasn't been completely explained. As long as you apply progressional overload its just a matter of time until size comes.
    whats progressional overload?

Originally Posted by Erik1995 View Post
    Are you really doing the exercises right? (technique) Your muscles doesnt have to get sore.
    Yeah i feel the tight feelin during workout it goes away later..i mean i know im doing it right,lol

umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    How many days a week are you training biceps?

Originally Posted by umop3pisdn View Post
    How many days a week are you training biceps?
    twice a week

johnnnnnyboi will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnnnnyboi will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnnnnyboi will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnnnnyboi will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnnnnyboi will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnnnnyboi will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnnnnyboi will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnnnnyboi will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnnnnyboi will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnnnnyboi will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnnnnyboi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In for this also, bicep is the only muscle i have trouble building, i need some answers!
    Re-born and ready to go

wogwhisperer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wogwhisperer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wogwhisperer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wogwhisperer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wogwhisperer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wogwhisperer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wogwhisperer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wogwhisperer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wogwhisperer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wogwhisperer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wogwhisperer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The only time I get any soreness is when I haven't trained my biceps for maybe a couple weeks and then I restart. Boy do I feel it the next day...

yeah but we train it regularly and it hardly even gets any soreness..even if u train it after a couple of weeks and do it regularly after that the soreness not gona be there still..sucks need an answer

AntonyC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AntonyC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AntonyC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AntonyC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AntonyC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AntonyC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AntonyC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AntonyC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AntonyC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AntonyC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AntonyC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This is strange to me, biceps seem to be the easiest to build when you focus on them. You know the rope attachment you put on the cables to do tricep pulldowns? Use that and set the cables to the floor, and curl that. not sure if im explaining well enough, but that gets me the best pump and seems to really tear them up. That, and standing bicep curls till failure.

Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Qfire is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Fatdog what is your entire routine? If you have enough compounds such as pullups and rows, you should only need 1 bicep isolation as a beginner. Sounds like your biceps are getting thrashed/overtrained.

Progressional overload is, the increase of strength from workout to workout in weight/reps/sets.

Example for bench press:

Workout 1:
    200lbs 5x5
    Next session
    205lbs 5x5

And so on... Or something like

200lbs 3x8
    Next session
    200lbs 3x10

Originally Posted by AntonyC View Post
    This is strange to me, biceps seem to be the easiest to build when you focus on them. You know the rope attachment you put on the cables to do tricep pulldowns? Use that and set the cables to the floor, and curl that. not sure if im explaining well enough, but that gets me the best pump and seems to really tear them up. That, and standing bicep curls till failure.
    yeah i get what u mean ..ill try it.

Fatdog what is your entire routine? If you have enough compounds such as pullups and rows, you should only need 1 bicep isolation as a beginner. Sounds like your biceps are getting thrashed/overtrained.

Progressional overload is, the increase of strength from workout to workout in weight/reps/sets.

Example for bench press:

Workout 1:
    200lbs 5x5
    Next session
    205lbs 5x5

And so on... Or something like

200lbs 3x8
    Next session
    200lbs 3x10
    well its split routine-and i do 4 exercise of each bodypart i train that day..like eg chest/tri..so 4 chest 4 tri's

am i doping it wrong?

AntonyC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AntonyC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AntonyC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AntonyC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AntonyC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AntonyC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AntonyC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AntonyC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AntonyC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AntonyC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AntonyC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    well its split routine-and i do 4 exercise of each bodypart i train that day..like eg chest/tri..so 4 chest 4 tri's

am i doping it wrong?
    what is your full routine? Seems to me like too many different exercises

am i doping it wrong?
    How experienced are you for starters?

I highly recommend you do starting strength or stronglifts. It will give you amazing results in strength and size. Key to this workout is recovery for quick progressional overload that means a lot of food and rest.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=131379243
    http://stronglifts.com/

---------
    About your workout, you've got 4 exercise for triceps and chest? Chest is alot larger muscle and triceps so the triceps don't need as much work, also the triceps get worked in all compound exercises for the chest.
    Last edited by Qfire; 10-19-2011 at 01:14 AM.

How experienced are you for starters?
    And whats your goal strength size or whut?
    im doing for 4 mths..i wana gain size.

Aqualim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Only 4 months, then get on 5x5 or Starting Strength. It will do wonders to your strength and will help with size as well. If you do Starting Strength, they incorporate Chin-ups and Pull-ups which can help build the biceps - especially if you do close-grip chin-ups till failure. Plus it's a compound movement, so this can also help with size and strength compared to the isolation techniques that you have been doing.

Originally Posted by Aqualim View Post
    Only 4 months, then get on 5x5 or Starting Strength. It will do wonders to your strength and will help with size as well. If you do Starting Strength, they incorporate Chin-ups and Pull-ups which can help build the biceps - especially if you do close-grip chin-ups till failure. Plus it's a compound movement, so this can also help with size and strength compared to the isolation techniques that you have been doing.
    alright with strength routine shld i do then?

FailCook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i never get sore on my biceps even though im abusing them alot , they grow normally its just that the muscle itself is small its not like the quads
    started strength training at 16/10
    and yeah i dont even have a slight sense of humor =]

Moczy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moczy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moczy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moczy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moczy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moczy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moczy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moczy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moczy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moczy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moczy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had this problem too, to be honest I thought I was doing it right. But it turned out I wasnt focusing the muscle enough. Don't swing weights up, don't use your back to finish rep 4 (it's too heavy brah). Focus Focus Focus, its all mind to muscle, don't worry about LBS before you have your form down. <--- that was my problem, not saying it is yours, but I was in the same boat and I thought I was doing it right too.

Originally Posted by Moczy View Post
    I had this problem too, to be honest I thought I was doing it right. But it turned out I wasnt focusing the muscle enough. Don't swing weights up, don't use your back to finish rep 4 (it's too heavy brah). Focus Focus Focus, its all mind to muscle, don't worry about LBS before you have your form down. <--- that was my problem, not saying it is yours, but I was in the same boat and I thought I was doing it right too.
    yeah man i tried with perfect form and lesser weight....btw do u still have the problem now?

krishna335 is not very well liked. (-100) krishna335 is not very well liked. (-100) krishna335 is not very well liked. (-100) krishna335 is not very well liked. (-100) krishna335 is not very well liked. (-100) krishna335 is not very well liked. (-100) krishna335 is not very well liked. (-100) krishna335 is not very well liked. (-100) krishna335 is not very well liked. (-100) krishna335 is not very well liked. (-100) krishna335 is not very well liked. (-100)
    U do not need to train biceps twice a week - once a week is good enough in my opinion , because compound movements of the back recruit biceps tremendously. Soreness isnt necessarily an indicator of a good workout. Focus on form , lift intensely n reduce rest intervals between sets to feel a better pump.

hird has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hird has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hird has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hird has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hird has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hird has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hird has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hird has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I dont know how long time you run around looking at the girls between the sets but try to only do it for 30-45sc. And you will feel it the day after, if not, you just eat very well! Cause if you eat very right with the right supplements you wont get very sore.

CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Soreness doesn't imply growth.

mmmason123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmmason123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmmason123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmmason123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmmason123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmmason123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmmason123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmmason123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmmason123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmmason123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmmason123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I used to do as much or more bicep training as u but now i cut it down to 2 exercises at the end of my back workout, the most important thing i found was go as slow as u can on the negative! This has done much more for me then 12 excercises a week (6 each session) than the 2 im doing now.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...dumbbell-curl( I do 3 working sets, 1 drop set)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...pe-attachment( 3 working sets, 2 drop sets)
    "I know people have a misconception, because I laugh a lot and like to have a good time, but in this gym, I’m a beast. Come play with me in here and see how funny that chit is.”— Chris Cormier

rnewton4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnewton4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnewton4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnewton4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnewton4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnewton4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnewton4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnewton4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnewton4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnewton4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rnewton4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My biceps are the only muscle of mine that don't tend to get sore! I mean I get soreness at the elbow/forarm after training biceps, but never the actual bicep.... I use proper form though so I think its just the way it is!

CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CorytheKiD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Progressive overload is the most important aspect of muscle hypertrophy. Read up on it, then apply it to your routine. I can show you an example of a routine with progressive overload if you want.