riy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) riy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) riy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) riy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) riy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) riy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) riy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) riy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) riy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) riy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) riy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Creatine Gluconate

I've read recently about creatine gluconate being the latest and greatest creatine on the market. Has anyone had any experience/knowledge of using it? Basically, it sounds like creatine and glucose bonded together for optimal absorption. Is it any better than CEE? Is it the same as taking monohydrate with grape juice?OPSMAN

Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by riy1973 View Post
    I've read recently about creatine gluconate being the latest and greatest creatine on the market. Has anyone had any experience/knowledge of using it? Basically, it sounds like creatine and glucose bonded together for optimal absorption. Is it any better than CEE? Is it the same as taking monohydrate with grape juice?OPSMAN
    It's creatine bonded to a gluconic acid molecule(typically in a 1:1 ratio).

I can assure you it's not the "latest and greatest", it's actually pretty silly. It may have some merit 5 years ago, but recent research leads us to believe that carbs are not needed for creatine uptake.

MCC or Creatine nitrate are two to consider.

airy_piscean is on a distinguished road. (+10) airy_piscean is on a distinguished road. (+10) airy_piscean is on a distinguished road. (+10) airy_piscean is on a distinguished road. (+10) airy_piscean is on a distinguished road. (+10) airy_piscean is on a distinguished road. (+10) airy_piscean is on a distinguished road. (+10) airy_piscean is on a distinguished road. (+10) airy_piscean is on a distinguished road. (+10) airy_piscean is on a distinguished road. (+10) airy_piscean is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bought it in bulk a year ago. Liked it alot, and it bloated me the fcuk up.

Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by airy_piscean View Post
    Bought it in bulk a year ago. Liked it alot, and it bloated me the fcuk up.
    How were you dosing it? Was your water consumption adequate?

aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP: if you're not going to go with mono, I'd suggest MCC over Gluconate.

Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Shermanatorx View Post
    I can assure you it's not the "latest and greatest", it's actually pretty silly. It may have some merit 5 years ago, but recent research leads us to believe that carbs are not needed for creatine uptake.
    I thought the purpose of the creatine gluconate was not to illicit an insulin response but rather to help shuttle the creatine into the cell via being attached the gluconate. So the bound gluconate is not to increase the insulin response but to allow the creatine bound to the gluconate into the cell via GLUT4. If I'm wrong let me know. Still trying to figure out what I think of this myself and studies online are about nil I can find. Also any write up on creatine gluconate by any company feels like it is a copy paste from the same place, and probably is.

To OP: I'm not 100% sure I'm sold on it yet. I'd stick with some of the other suggestions in this thread. MCC and good old Creatine Mono being two I do like. If you happen to use creatine-gluconate post up what you think of it.

Originally Posted by Hawks58 View Post
    I thought the purpose of the creatine gluconate was not to illicit an insulin response but rather to help shuttle the creatine into the cell via being attached the gluconate. So the bound gluconate is not to increase the insulin response but to allow the creatine bound to the gluconate into the cell via GLUT4. If I'm wrong let me know. Still trying to figure out what I think of this myself and studies online are about nil I can find. Also any write up on creatine gluconate by any company feels like it is a copy paste from the same place, and probably is.

To OP: I'm not 100% sure I'm sold on it yet. I'd stick with some of the other suggestions in this thread. MCC and good old Creatine Mono being two I do like. If you happen to use creatine-gluconate post up what you think of it.
    The only mechanism by which cells can take up glucose is by facilitated diffusion through a family of hexose transporters. In many tissues(muscle being a prime example) the major transporter used for uptake of glucose (GLUT4) is made available in the plasma membrane through the action of insulin. The brain and liver are two examples of tissue that do not require insulin for efficient uptake of glucose.

While that is important, it's more important to understand how bioavailable creatine monohyrate is. To my recollection, ~99.9% of CM is utilized within the human body.

Making creatine products that claim to be more bioavailable than CM just silly.

Even creatine nitrate may not be more bioavailable, and if so, what kind if effect will .1% have on body composition? None. All you get with CN is the added ergogenic aid from the nitrates.

airy_piscean is on a distinguished road. (+10) airy_piscean is on a distinguished road. (+10) airy_piscean is on a distinguished road. (+10) airy_piscean is on a distinguished road. (+10) airy_piscean is on a distinguished road. (+10) airy_piscean is on a distinguished road. (+10) airy_piscean is on a distinguished road. (+10) airy_piscean is on a distinguished road. (+10) airy_piscean is on a distinguished road. (+10) airy_piscean is on a distinguished road. (+10) airy_piscean is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Shermanatorx View Post
    How were you dosing it? Was your water consumption adequate?
    Half a teaspoon-2.5 grams(leveled scoop) 30min-1hour preworkout. I was drinking a gallon of water postworkout. Strength, muscle fullness, and endurance was lovely my dude. My face and stomach kept getting bigger by the month lol.

Originally Posted by airy_piscean View Post
    Half a teaspoon-2.5 grams(leveled scoop) 30min-1hour preworkout. I was drinking a gallon of water postworkout. Strength, muscle fullness, and endurance was lovely my dude. My face and stomach kept getting bigger by the month lol.
    Huh, you should try to get ~5g.

1 gallon of water/day is on the small side tbh.

To add to that, what was the exact product you were taking?

It's possible it had something added like glycerol monosterate, which can make you hold water.

GaelanG2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Shermanatorx, can you please tell me which creatine would you recommend for best absorption???