Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    jjrep is on a distinguished road. (+10) jjrep is on a distinguished road. (+10) jjrep is on a distinguished road. (+10) jjrep is on a distinguished road. (+10) jjrep is on a distinguished road. (+10) jjrep is on a distinguished road. (+10) jjrep is on a distinguished road. (+10) jjrep is on a distinguished road. (+10) jjrep is on a distinguished road. (+10) jjrep is on a distinguished road. (+10) jjrep is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Partial ROM vs Full ROM

I've read stuff about training partial rom...train in the range where your muscle is working the hardest..keeps constant tension on the muscle etc. I could be wrong but for me it just seems like you could be setting your self up for injury doing this, by not building strength through the full ROM along with the supporting muscles that assist through out the motion. Any thoughts on this?

Where's my flip flops ? jayluk4600's Avatar
    jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Only thought I have is I would do full ROM. I guess all forms of training have there places but to do half anything never made much sense to me.
    Keep it simple

TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Full ROM, there is guys at the gym that do the partial stuff. And there still no bigger than they were a year ago and still at the same weight moved.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's a growing body of evidence that partial ROM is significant in causing joint injuries.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think I know what you are asking about. Partial rep might be the wrong terminology. I know a few bodybuilders that never lockout any type of press. That technique keeps continuous tension on the the delts or pecs. The lockout only hits the triceps.

FWIW

nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000) nexgensupps is just really nice. (+1000)
    For one I never got the 'lets only push for partial ROM" attitude. With that said, don't kick yourself in the ass because you only completed a partial rep on that last set. I can see the dynamics in it, but long term growth I just dont see how it will help at all. As TheIronMaster said, I see guys in my gym strap on that waist belt, locked and loaded, and only half ROM, and get up. They are the same size they were last year ... but come to think of it, its the same guys that you never see work legs, always wear pajama pants with their boots on that are unlaced.

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do partial roms for deads (deads from different heights) and bench (three board presses). Helps me focus on my weaknesses in the lift.
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

Grip it and rip it... hardNheavy2011's Avatar
    hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've always trained with full ROM simply because that's what I've always done. If there was supporting evidence that suggests a partial ROM was better, I'd certainly train that way.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I do partials on Squats and Bench.

On squats I do the first 2 reps at about 1/3, the second 2 reps at parallel, and the rest of the set I do full deep squats. I don’t think it’s particularly beneficial or detrimental, I do it mostly because it mentally prepares me for the effort I’m going to put into the full squats, and I feel it physically gets my knees a little more prepared and warmed up for the really taxing reps to follow. Long ago I used to be afraid to go below parallels because I thought my knees would blow out and I used to be able to do some ridiculous weight…once I started doing deep squats I had to lower the weight a lot, and felt 4 times more trashed after a set, so I definitely don’t think full sets of partial squats would have much benefit and most of my previous progress was from my (full) heavy leg presses that followed squats.

On benches, I’ve always done the first ½ the sets reps as half presses and the second half at full range of motion. In this case, I do feel that it’s beneficial (for me) because I wouldn’t normally be able to get out this many full reps with the weight I use and I definitely do feel my chest working before I start into the full reps.

Otherwise, I use full ROM for everything else.

Not promoting it or anything, just saying what I do for conversation purposes.

Consistency. Intensity. Medtreker's Avatar
    Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000)
    Going out on a limb here, this subject can tend to cause some heat. From what little research I've done here, just from what people here say, it seems partials are favored by light weight bodybuilders. they are primarily used as a strength gaining (sometimes connective stregthening) move. And for other various resaons. But, there should be a good reason to do them.

Good example may be Curl 21's. This uses partials along with full. That's an important point, partial Along With full, not alone by itself.

Another is the Lockout. This one's often misused, if there can be any point to it at all. I believe there is. Here. especially for a light weight builder, it can be used to work triceps alone, or to prepair for very heavy full bench press.

Still another, more common form what I have read here, is a rack pull. This one is actually favored by heavy weights.

Other than these, there's not too much info out there on other partial rep excercises. Overhead presses, rows, legwork, ect, not so sure any moves really apply themselves to a half rep. It's sort of un-natual....thus the idea of leading to injury. I'm sure many partial reps would.

But a true curl 21 can be usefull, as can a rack pull. Even the lockout, done for correct reason and not too often, can be useful.These are my observations from reading this forum.
    Tony

"Punch It Bishop"

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I use partial ROM exercises occasionally for small muscles like bi's and calves because of
    high muscle insertions. I like 'em.

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Partials are a tool just like any other advanced technique such as supersets, drop sets, and rest/pause.
    They should not be the staple behind your lifts and should be used occasionally by advanced lifters to increase intensity.

Imo, full ROM reps should be used 99% of the time both to get the movement down and to prevent injury.

There is a difference between not locking out and partial reps.
    Not locking out involves not fully extending to the end of the movement while still having tension on the intended muscle group, usually the last inch or less on a movement.
    Partial reps require not fully extending/contracting both @ the start and end of the movement.

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jjrep View Post
    Any thoughts on this?
    My thoughts are... Why post what I think? Because it'll just be discounted/ridiculed since I choose to compete in strongman competitions.

Good luck.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I've read stuff about training partial rom...train in the range where your muscle is working the hardest..keeps constant tension on the muscle etc. I could be wrong but for me it just seems like you could be setting your self up for injury doing this, by not building strength through the full ROM along with the supporting muscles that assist through out the motion. Any thoughts on this?
    Tom Platz was a big fan of half squats, partial squats. The theory is the muscles can still work through a partial rep long after you fail on full ROM do these after you can no longer do full range motion but you can continue to work half and 1/4 ROMs and so on therefore more intensity is generated.
    Last edited by MontyMagpie; 10-17-2011 at 06:06 PM.
    The mind is the only limit. As long as the mind can envision something, you can do it.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have incorporated it recently(3-4 months) and it is very difficult and caused me no injuries thus far. It could be that i had a good foundation(24 years training) or it could be that it is not really a controversial issue.
    Using the lying hamstring curl as an example, you really are only moving the weight about 6-8 inches(keeping it in the most painful range/sweet spot)so the muscles get overtaxed very quickly. I still do full range of motion heavy sets, but the "constant tension" that Haney seems to be teaching all his disciples is a VERY challenging new technique for me at this stage.

jjrep is on a distinguished road. (+10) jjrep is on a distinguished road. (+10) jjrep is on a distinguished road. (+10) jjrep is on a distinguished road. (+10) jjrep is on a distinguished road. (+10) jjrep is on a distinguished road. (+10) jjrep is on a distinguished road. (+10) jjrep is on a distinguished road. (+10) jjrep is on a distinguished road. (+10) jjrep is on a distinguished road. (+10) jjrep is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    My thoughts are... Why post what I think? Because it'll just be discounted/ridiculed since I choose to compete in strongman competitions.

Good luck.
    LOL..I'm guessing your response was a result of the leg press thread..ridiculed..not from me..i like your straight forward no bs style..We are all engaging in conversation, lot's of opinions and facts out there. Agree or disagree doesn't matter, we all share some degree of passion over this stuff.

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've experimented with partials and always felt weird, full ROM for me.

Good luck.
    We need a StrongMan forum. I'd never be able to compete, but sure would like to learn more about it and discuss things.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Good luck.
    That's a silly attitude. Why post this if you feel this way, for attention? C'mon man, just because people disagree doesn't mean you shouldn't share your opinion.
    David

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
    -Voltaire

Dencio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dencio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dencio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dencio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dencio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dencio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dencio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dencio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dencio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dencio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dencio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by nexgensupps View Post
    xxx I see guys in my gym strap on that waist belt, locked and loaded, and only half ROM, and get up. They are the same size they were last year ... but come to think of it, its the same guys that you never see work legs, always wear pajama pants with their boots on that are unlaced.
    I see them in my gym too...there is something about calves training that seem to scare the bejezus out of them...jogging pants work

imho...full ROM is great and I firmly believe that goes hand in hand with increasing/maxing weight along with intensity...although Im guessing here if you can drop the full ROM and change it with partial and still have results???? Im sure youve seen tube vidz of these so called bbers/lifters partial rom a kroc row and say that was improper form....I also met this tall dude 6'3"-6'5" doing heavy dls sais hes been doing it for 11 years (football HS requirement) and I see none of the MASS benefits pass on to his physique

edit >
    ALSO I believe partial roms are useful/beneficial if you are wanting to follow special workouts that require leveling up (1/4-1/3-1/2 >>>>>FULL ROM ///divided into sets)

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My opinion is that if you have a specific reason for doing partials then I'm not going to worry about it, but if that's how you train ALL THE TIME, then you're doing yourself a disservice, IMHO.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    While there is some validity to using true "partials" as an advanced tactic, it's generally best to go with the tried and true, "Full ROM for full development" plan.

Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post

We need a StrongMan forum. I'd never be able to compete, but sure would like to learn more about it and discuss things.

BBdotcom has always had a 'strongman' forum. It is a separate forum, not a sub-forum of O35:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 10-18-2011 at 10:13 AM.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There's a time and place for everything.

(and that's called college)

But seriously, partials have there place imho. But for a most lifters(beginers and those training for general fitness benefits), full ROM should be used unless you have some type of joint isssues that cause pain when using full ROM.

Just my 2cents

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    depends on the movement
    I do them with bench press at times.
    but by "partial rep" I mean I do the entire rep except the lock out,
    Doing it this way is a bit more difficult than locking out every rep due to the constant tension on the target muscles.

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    seriously?

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post

BBdotcom has always had a 'strongman' forum. It is a separate forum, not a sub-forum of O35:

Originally Posted by chodan9 View Post
    I knew about the Powerlifting forum, even visited it, but I never noticed the Strongman tag or any Strongman threads in there. OK that'll do, thx gents.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I knew about the Powerlifting forum, even visited it, but I never noticed the Strongman tag or any Strongman threads in there. OK that'll do, thx gents.
    This interview with Travis Ortmayer ran in there a couple of years ago; it may be of interest to you. AFAIK, he still posts in that forum (username, 81 Ort), and may even still maintain a training journal on bbdotcom:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=113190661
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Smelly bull View Post
    I do partial roms for deads (deads from different heights) and bench (three board presses). Helps me focus on my weaknesses in the lift.
    I do box squats also. The difference with these and just say partial bench press is the stop, a board a pin or a box.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    partials can have their place. The issue comes in when people rely too much on them or do them INSTEAD of full range stuff
    "Humility comes before honor"

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My thoughts are... Why post what I think? Because it'll just be discounted/ridiculed since I choose to put down everyone who ISNT a strongman. Good luck.
    fixed it for ya
    "Humility comes before honor"