Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    I've experimented with partials and always felt weird, full ROM for me.

We need a StrongMan forum. I'd never be able to compete, but sure would like to learn more about it and discuss things.
    .http://www.sweatpit.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    Originally Posted by BigTallOx
    My thoughts are... Why post what I think? Because it'll just be discounted/ridiculed since I choose to put down everyone who ISNT a strongman. Good luck.
    fixed it for ya
    Whatever, I don't put down people, I express my feelings about training. I'm the one that gets attacked as not belonging here by people who also don't compete in bodybuilding no less. Your post is an example. Honestly I think it should be against the forum rules for you to modify my post in a jerk-ish way like you did.
    Last edited by bigtallox; 10-18-2011 at 07:04 PM.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    Whatever, I don't put down people, I express my feelings about training. I'm the one that gets attacked as not belonging here by people who also don't compete in bodybuilding no less. Your post is an example. Honestly I think it should be against the forum rules for you to modify my post in a jerk-ish way like you did.
    You don't put anyone down, you give out solid advice. People who are constantly threatened and feel as if they are being put down simply lack self esteem, they can talk and try and prove otherwise all they want but it's quite obvious from their reactions. Those who are willing to learn and grow tend to have a different reaction.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    That's a silly attitude. Why post this if you feel this way, for attention? C'mon man, just because people disagree doesn't mean you shouldn't share your opinion.
    No I'm sick of the fight, it invariably turns into an argument and I get told I don't belong here. But personally I feel I do belong here, I train hard, and yes I compete in strongman, BUT and my training consists of things that apply to building muscle. Just in case people don't realize this, building muscle is important to being able to be successful at strongman. Strength doesn't just come out of thin air, it comes from building muscle ( and your nervous system, etc ).

But like I said, I'm tired of the fight, so in regards to partial reps, do them if you think they benefit, don't do them if you don't think there's any benefit. I don't care either way. Good luck.

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have always train with full ROM with a rare occasion of partials at the completion of the full ROM.
    If you train with partial ROM, at what part of the muscle's range of movement do you execute the exercise? It is the same range or you change it for different sets?

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In my opinion if bigtallox disagrees with you he is not putting you down personally. I think he is just expressing his position on the topic.

I find the challenge of a position I hold as a test of it's validity, the opportunity to modify it, or discontinue the assumption it has value in light of new information.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    I have always train with full ROM with a rare occasion of partials at the completion of the full ROM.
    If you train with partial ROM, at what part of the muscle's range of movement do you execute the exercise? It is the same range or you change it for different sets?
    You train it in the hardest part( several inches) which you have to experiment with to find. You can change it, but i tend to keep it in that sweet spot of pain for 3 or 4 sets per machine.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    No I'm sick of the fight, it invariably turns into an argument and I get told I don't belong here. But personally I feel I do belong here, I train hard, and yes I compete in strongman, BUT and my training consists of things that apply to building muscle. Just in case people don't realize this, building muscle is important to being able to be successful at strongman. Strength doesn't just come out of thin air, it comes from building muscle ( and your nervous system, etc ).

But like I said, I'm tired of the fight, so in regards to partial reps, do them if you think they benefit, don't do them if you don't think there's any benefit. I don't care either way. Good luck.
    You belong here but you just need to realize we all have different goals. I'd never try to tell you how you should train for your next strongman competition, but you sometimes want to tell bodybuilders that they're wasting their time in so many words because they aren't doing it your way. That's how it comes across sometimes. Personally, I like you being on here and enjoy the different perspective. As long as you can appreciate others' perspectives it's all good. You probably do, but the perception of many is that you don't.
    David

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Im not saying anything personal against you, but you do basically imply that anything besides strongman is a waste of time. I can give you 10 examples off the top off my head without much effort. I could give you 20 with a 2 minute backcheck of posts.

I have been lifting since i was 15 and you have told my that it was dumb for me to do machine squats on my deload. Then you told me that I was going to wreck my shoulders by the way I was dropping the bar on the negative on my overhead presses etc. Thats just 2 quick examples off the top of my head. You have done the same to countless others.

I mean, seriously bro. You are just one more guy on this forum with an opinion. No offense, but you aint special. Everyone here likes the uniqueness you bring but you gotta tone down the superiority thing a bit. You are only "tired of the fight" because you are in the wrong.

I have become more thick skinned on these forums so it doesnt really bother me at all but some people get their feelings hurt by you telling them what they do is worthless. Now you say YOUR feelings are hurt. Im gonna call that karma.

Peace
    "Humility comes before honor"

Consistency. Intensity. Medtreker's Avatar
    Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000) Medtreker is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

Originally Posted by Medtreker View Post
    , this subject can tend to cause some heat
    called it...
    Tony

"Punch It Bishop"

Im not saying anything personal against you,
    You already have dude.

Then you told me that I was going to wreck my shoulders by the way I was dropping the bar on the negative on my overhead presses etc.
    Yeah, and I still believe that.

Everyone here likes the uniqueness you bring but you gotta tone down the superiority thing a bit.
    That superiority thing is on your side, not mine. And this below proves it....

You are only "tired of the fight" because you are in the wrong.
    No, I'm tired of the fight because it's negativity and I've got nationals coming up, negativity is death to my progress and performance. If you think I'm wrong about my opinions, lets see what your shoulders are like after 10 years of you dropping more weight than you can press on them behind your head.

Now you say YOUR feelings are hurt. Im gonna call that karma.
    No my feelings are not hurt. YOU MODIFIED MY POST TO BE A JERK. My comments to you about the eccentric portion of your behind the head push press was not coming from being a jerk, but your comment to me definitely was. Yeah I believe in karma, and you'll get yours.
    Last edited by bigtallox; 10-19-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    You belong here but you just need to realize we all have different goals. I'd never try to tell you how you should train for your next strongman competition, but you sometimes want to tell bodybuilders that they're wasting their time in so many words because they aren't doing it your way. That's how it comes across sometimes. Personally, I like you being on here and enjoy the different perspective. As long as you can appreciate others' perspectives it's all good. You probably do, but the perception of many is that you don't.
    Yes I compete in strongman but my goals are not that different than most people here. Honestly, I think people on this forum could benefit from some of the things we do to train for strongman, and I don't think I should have to censor those thoughts. None of my comments are out of mean-ness, but many toward me are.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You already have dude.

Yeah, and I still believe that.

That superiority thing is on your side, not mine. And this below proves it....

No, I'm tired of the fight because it's negativity and I've got nationals coming up, negativity is death to my progress and performance. If you think I'm wrong about my opinions, lets see what your shoulders are like after 10 years of you dropping more weight than you can press on them behind your head.

No my feelings are not hurt. YOU MODIFIED MY POST TO BE A JERK. My comments to you about the eccentric portion of your behind the head push press was not coming from being a jerk, but your comment to me definitely was. Yeah I believe in karma, and you'll get yours.

you seem to have serious insecurity...weird for such a big guy.

its not about any ONE comment you have made. You have CONSISTENTLY belittled others and set yourself up to be superior. Then you turn around and pout and cry like a baby if someone calls you on it, like you are some sort of victim. YOU bring the negativity then you cry about leaving the forum.

you wanna leave? Man up and leave...I left for 3 years or so.

the only karma I have coming to me is telling you the truth. And trust me, this is very mild

put it in perspective, this is an OVER35 forum. 99% of the people in here wont compete in anything. Yet you essentially tell them that if they arent doing frame carrys that they are in the wrong. Go over into the powerlifting forum and post some of your nonsense. you wont get the same mild response you are getting here.

Start a thread yourself and ask people for honest opinions on how you come across....or, just pout some more

GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I compete in a sport that is even more fringe than strongman. Sort of the fringe of a fringe on the fringe of everything and I've never felt like people didn't listen when I've given advice or feel like people think I don't "belong' here. I'm sorry if ox feels that way. I can vouch for certain that he is a great competitor and a real student of the life style. Remember There's room for all of us in the weight room, just as long as you don't do curls in the squat rack.

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Honestly, I think people on this forum could benefit from some of the things we do to train for strongman, and I don't think I should have to censor those thoughts.
    I agree on both points.

However, in reality it's not feasible for a very high percentage of people to train the way you do.

I mean a while back a guy posted asking for bicep exercises and you said 'tire flips and atlas stones'. Yes, you simply stated what YOU do, and that is what he asked, so there is nothing wrong with that. But I've been working out off and on since I was a teen and have been a member of a myriad of gyms and I've never seen a tire or an atlas stone in any of them.

Not jumping on the bandwagon.

Just offering my perspective.

I think what you do is impressive, and I've said so many times.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GnomusMaximus View Post
    Remember There's room for all of us in the weight room, just as long as you don't do curls in the squat rack.
    Then I guess there's no room for me.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ya, but don't you have a home gym?...It's OK then.

you seem to have serious insecurity...weird for such a big guy.
    You modified my words and then say I'm insecure when I object. I'm not insecure, I don't like words being put into my mouth.

its not about any ONE comment you have made. You have CONSISTENTLY belittled others and set yourself up to be superior. Then you turn around and pout and cry like a baby if someone calls you on it, like you are some sort of victim. YOU bring the negativity then you cry about leaving the forum.
    I'm not crying like a baby, I'm saying I don't like you modifying my words. It's wrong and I think you should be prevented from posting here because you did it.

you wanna leave? Man up and leave...I left for 3 years or so.
    I never said I want to leave.

the only karma I have coming to me is telling you the truth. And trust me, this is very mild
    You're not about telling the truth, you're about being a jerk, and being such is not mild. Yes you'll get yours.

Yet you essentially tell them that if they arent doing rame carrys that they are in the wrong.
    Once again you're putting words in my mouth. And you think you believe in karma, lol.

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    However, in reality it's not feasible for a very high percentage of people to train the way you do.
    That may be, however there are some that may be interested in it as well, so I'm not censoring my thoughts no matter how much some people can't understand it.

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    I think what you do is impressive, and I've said so many times.
    Yes, I know, thank you, I appreciate that. I'm trying to win nationals next month, and comments like this make a difference in my training.

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    C'mon people, let the big man talk. I don't know shyt about strongman training but I find it interesting. If you don't like what he says, ignore him.

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ox and JP, yall are two of my favorite posters. Yall both post a good bit of non-standard but quality information and I think that's a great addition to any of these types of forums. I wish yall would just punch eachother in the face and then shake hands and be friends again.

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    I wish yall would just punch eachother in the face and then shake hands and be friends again.

The term "fine red mist" comes to mind upon reading this.
    I suspect if Ox ever punched me in the face that's exactly what my head would turn into.

How about a game of chess instead gentlemen?

Sort of on track with where this conversation has gone so bear with me. I'm not a huge fan of cross fit but I really like the stuff Rob Orlando and the guys at Hybrid Athletics are doing. One of the weaknesses with strongman type training is that it does seem out of reach of the general public. An example is the log press. I have a 10" steel log (insert jokes at will) at home that is plate loaded. The LIGHTEST I can get it is 130lbs. To most gym goers that's a tough clean and press, and that's completely unloaded. alot of people get turned off of strongman training because the implements really are out of the reach of most people. Hybrid is doing things like aluminum logs (I think like 40lbs) and lighter farmers walk implements that are enabling more people to make use of strongman training. I am 100% behind ox in his beliefe of the great benifits of training like you are competing in the Strongest man on your block contest, but I also see JP's point about how a lot of folks just don't see that as what they can do. I hope I made some sense there.

Sort of on track with where this conversation has gone so bear with me. I'm not a huge fan of cross fit but I really like the stuff Rob Orlando and the guys at Hybrid Athletics are doing. One of the weaknesses with strongman type training is that it does seem out of reach of the general public. An example is the log press. I have a 10" steel log (insert jokes at will) at home that is plate loaded. The LIGHTEST I can get it is 130lbs. To most gym goers that's a tough clean and press, and that's completely unloaded. alot of people get turned off of strongman training because the implements really are out of the reach of most people. Hybrid is doing things like aluminum logs (I think like 40lbs) and lighter farmers walk implements that are enabling more people to make use of strongman training. I am 100% behind ox in his beliefe of the great benifits of training like you are competing in the Strongest man on your block contest, but I also see JP's point about how a lot of folks just don't see that as what they can do. I hope I made some sense there.

but imagine if you repeatedly told beginners and casual lifters that they should do that log press, or frame carry, or stone lift....nevermind that they werent asking about it at all, lol.

Wouldnt that be somewhat asanine?

a hypothetical example:

q: "I cant fill out the middle head of my delt. Should I try cable side laterals or dumbells?"

a: "Laterals are worthless, you should do standing presses like real men do. That and overhead rock presses like John Wayne used to do. But go ahead and waste your time if you want to...see you in 5 years when you are washed up and homeless"

That and overhead rock presses like John Wayne used to do.
    Like this?

No but I kind of see your point, but I might also suggest finding some smaller stones to press with as well. That's one thing that can be scaled down.

yep. nothing against it at all. I love it and I love odd lifts of all sorts. That being said though, you cant force feed it on people without a backlash. Most people in the ov35 forum work out in commercial gyms...half of them arent even allowed to deadlift, lol

oh wait, I forgot, if they were "real' lifters theyd have a fully furnished home gym right???

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Like this?

No but I kind of see your point, but I might also suggest finding some smaller stones to press with as well. That's one thing that can be scaled down.
    And to not wear a dress while you do it
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah I don't think John Wayne was wearing a skirt.

OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    How about a game of chess instead gentlemen?
    Settle it like men.......On stage.........In a pose down.......

I can't remember where I read that. Google was no help.

OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000)
    yep. nothing against it at all. I love it and I love odd lifts of all sorts. That being said though, you cant force feed it on people without a backlash. Most people in the ov35 forum work out in commercial gyms...half of them arent even allowed to deadlift, lol
    There are plenty of things you can do.......

Farmers walks with dumbells or plates

Sand bags are cheap and hills are free

Just for starters. I hate cardio machines. One can easily find ways to do HIIT with a little imagination