ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000) ghattanj is just really nice. (+1000)

SL 5x5 vs. Layne Norton PHAT for putting mass on?

which one would be better for mass gains? or is my diet going to be the most important factor?

i'm not just looking to get stronger, i'm looking to get bigger as well. does it matter which lifting program i'm on as long as my diet is on point? i've been lifting consistently for about 4 months now, but i'm not very strong... just finished cutting.

eckokaka4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    depends what your looking for look into starting strength and not strong lifts, these programs are purely a powerlifting and powerlifting workouts will give you SOME mass but it won't give you the layne Norton look.

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you're not very strong or muscular right now, do SL first. Then, once you've worked through the beginner stage of lifting, move onto PHAT.

That's of course of the two programs you've selected, but I'd guess that all pro's simple beginner's routine (or a program of similar style) would be a better option for you, given your goals.

You will get bigger so long as you lift and eat. That's a given. How much muscle you'll gain within that size gain may be more inidivualised than the weight gain itself. But the main thing that seperates a beginner bodybuilding/"hypertrophy" program from a beginner "strength" program isn't actually the emphasis on strength or hypertrophy, it's the emphasis on aesthetics and symmetry vs just progressing on your central lifts. You could go from 150lb to 180lb on a "strength" program or on a "bodybuilding" program, and end up with the same amount of muscle mass and the same amount of bodyfat, but where the muscle mass appears will be different in each of the two different programs.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com