champlemmy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

best workout routine for size?

hi guys i am going to be starting a bulk diet real soon because i want to gain some size, especially on my arms. I was just wondering from yours guys experience what would be a good workout routine in order to gain size? for example an every other day full body workout, or a split, or workout out one body part each week? should i be aiming for 3 sets of 4-6 , or 4 sets of 8-12?should i follow the routine for 3 months and then switch? would really like to get some feedback on this, thanks alot.

embulldogs99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) embulldogs99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) embulldogs99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) embulldogs99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) embulldogs99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) embulldogs99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) embulldogs99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) embulldogs99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) embulldogs99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) embulldogs99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) embulldogs99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well my guess is you are new to working out so I would suggest starting strength by mark rippetoe.

search the forums for it- theres alot of information about it
    s/b/d current: 325/285/405 goal: 405/315/500

Time to ball

Twiggles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Twiggles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Twiggles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Twiggles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Twiggles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Twiggles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Twiggles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Twiggles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Twiggles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Twiggles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Twiggles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    DO the big 3 sqaut, bench n deadlift and other compound exercises
    Rest In Protein Zyzz. forever mirin brah...

Originally Posted by embulldogs99 View Post
    well my guess is you are new to working out so I would suggest starting strength by mark rippetoe.

search the forums for it- theres alot of information about it
    just did some research on this routine, thanks for the advice, but the problem is that im not a beginner, ive been working out for a while so i dont think i would see gains in size from this?

Qwestions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Qwestions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Qwestions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Qwestions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Qwestions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Qwestions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Qwestions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Qwestions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Qwestions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Qwestions has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Qwestions has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by champlemmy View Post
    just did some research on this routine, thanks for the advice, but the problem is that im not a beginner, ive been working out for a while so i dont think i would see gains in size from this?
    Of course you'll still see gains, but if you want an increase in hypertrophy, stick with the 8-12 rep range and try hit each muscle group 2x a week

Hater of Lazy People EliteExtra's Avatar
    EliteExtra will become famous soon enough. (+50) EliteExtra will become famous soon enough. (+50) EliteExtra will become famous soon enough. (+50) EliteExtra will become famous soon enough. (+50) EliteExtra will become famous soon enough. (+50) EliteExtra will become famous soon enough. (+50) EliteExtra will become famous soon enough. (+50) EliteExtra will become famous soon enough. (+50) EliteExtra will become famous soon enough. (+50) EliteExtra will become famous soon enough. (+50) EliteExtra will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the best routine is the one that gets you strong

the size will come with food and sleep

Originally Posted by Qwestions View Post
    Of course you'll still see gains, but if you want an increase in hypertrophy, stick with the 8-12 rep range and try hit each muscle group 2x a week
    ok, so you would not suggest the sample muscle building routine that bodybuilding offers here on this site?
    bodybuilding.com/guides/male-20to39-muscle-building/training

For Rome and the Republic Spartacus777's Avatar
    Spartacus777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spartacus777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spartacus777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spartacus777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spartacus777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spartacus777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spartacus777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spartacus777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spartacus777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spartacus777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spartacus777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ok, so you would not suggest the sample muscle building routine that bodybuilding offers here on this site?
    No. Get in your macros and do 2 times a week every muscle group, 8-12 reps for 4 sets you'll be good.
    “I am ashamed to think how easily we capitulate to badges and names, to large societies and dead institutions.” -Emerson

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling" -Paul Walker

***Official Wing Chun Crew***
    ***Official Cryptocurrency Crew***
    ***Official Nowatimsayin Crew****

jipajappa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipajappa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipajappa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipajappa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    At first glance, that workout looks like too much volume for a beginner. You should find a routine that, even if it contains isolations (curls, triceps extensions, etc.), is centered on the basic compound lifts. That's the best way to get bigger and stronger at any level.

achevy21 is just really nice. (+1000) achevy21 is just really nice. (+1000) achevy21 is just really nice. (+1000) achevy21 is just really nice. (+1000) achevy21 is just really nice. (+1000) achevy21 is just really nice. (+1000) achevy21 is just really nice. (+1000) achevy21 is just really nice. (+1000) achevy21 is just really nice. (+1000) achevy21 is just really nice. (+1000) achevy21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    hi guys i am going to be starting a bulk diet real soon because i want to gain some size, especially on my arms. I was just wondering from yours guys experience what would be a good workout routine in order to gain size? for example an every other day full body workout, or a split, or workout out one body part each week? should i be aiming for 3 sets of 4-6 , or 4 sets of 8-12?should i follow the routine for 3 months and then switch? would really like to get some feedback on this, thanks alot.
    just do ripptoes or strong lifts while eating a ton. newbie gains will make you sky rocket...
    Current/Goal
    Forty Time: 4.5/4.4
    Bench 310/300
    Squat 380/400
    Deadlift 460/500

"No weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Always rep back, 1000+

Originally Posted by Spartacus777 View Post
    No. Get in your macros and do 2 times a week every muscle group, 8-12 reps for 4 sets you'll be good.
    i think im going to go with your advice spartacus,so would you suggest something more like this? should i add in 1 extra set and just do less volume.

Monday - Chest and Triceps
    Chest

Incline Dumbbell Press
    4 8 to 10
    Flat Bench Press
    4 8 to 10
    Incline Dumbbell Flyes
    3 10
    Cable Crossovers
    3 10
    Triceps

Close Grip Bench Press
    3 10
    Overhead Rope Extensions
    3 10
    Reverse Pushdowns
    3 10

Tuesday - Legs
    Quads, Hamstrings & Glutes
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Squat
    4 12, 10, 8, 6
    Leg Press
    4 10
    Leg Extensions
    3 12
    Stiff Leg Deadlift
    4 10
    Leg Curls
    3 12
    Calves
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Smith Machine Calf Raises
    4 12
    Seated Calf Raise
    4 8

Wednesday - Rest Day

Thursday - Shoulders
    Shoulders
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Military Press
    4 10
    Dumbbell Lateral Raises
    3 10
    Bent Over Reverse Crossovers
    3 10
    Plate Shrugs 3 10

Friday - Back and Biceps
    Back
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Wide Grip Pull Up
    4 10
    Lat Pull Down
    4 10
    Seated Cable Rows
    4 10
    Bent Over Barbell Row
    4 10
    Biceps
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Standing Barbell Curl
    3 8-10
    Seated Alternate Dumbbell Curl
    3 8-10
    Hammer Curls
    3 10

JoeSmoe32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeSmoe32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeSmoe32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeSmoe32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeSmoe32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeSmoe32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeSmoe32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeSmoe32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeSmoe32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeSmoe32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoeSmoe32 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The importance of your routine and rep ranges pales in comparison to the importance of a good diet.

Just find a known routine that YOU like and stick with it. Start counting your cals, hit your macros, and eat a ton. If your not putting on weight eat more calories. You will grow as long as you stick to your diet.
    I rep back. ALWAYS

Maxes

Lift : Start : Current : Goal
    Squat : 180 : 265 : 315
    Dead : 215 : 315 : 405
    Bench : 130 : 174 : 225 (current bench max is projected)

Check out my SS journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=486505421

Originally Posted by JoeSmoe32 View Post
    The importance of your routine and rep ranges pales in comparison to the importance of a good diet.

Just find a known routine that YOU like and stick with it. Start counting your cals, hit your macros, and eat a ton. If your not putting on weight eat more calories. You will grow as long as you stick to your diet.
    I agree with you 100%, diet is very important, just want a solid routine to go along with it so that i can maximize my results. Im going to follow the sample diet plan for building muscle . It looks pretty decent and eating around 3000 calories should do me well since I weigh 170. If you see any room for improvement in this diet plan please feel free to suggest better ideas, I would like as much input as possible before I go with this plan.
    bodybuilding.com/guides/male-20to39-muscle-building/nutrition