Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    lakergreat1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lakergreat1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lakergreat1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lakergreat1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lakergreat1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lakergreat1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lakergreat1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lakergreat1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lakergreat1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lakergreat1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lakergreat1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Mike & Kev's IF Transformations - Junior Mints vs Quinoa - Sponsored by IIFYM & 3DMJ

Background

So.. how did Mike arrive here? Here’s a brief history:

I’ve always a little chubbier as a kid/teen/adult.. not overweight but always had some love handles that I've hated. I think the heaviest I got up to was around 215lbs in university at a height of 5"11. I’ve always had desk jobs working as a consultant and sitting in front of computers all day/night.

Love sports - whether watching 12 hours of football with the guys on a Sunday, or shooting hoops. Played hockey until university as well as volleyball, soccer and have a huge love for basketball. Moms never let me play football ( one of her high school students was paralyzed). So I've always been pretty active, wouldn’t say I have a lot of god given athletic talent, but I work my ass off and I hate losing. Extremely competitive.

About 3 years ago I started going to the gym, first by myself following Owen Mckibbin’s Men's Health Strength training workout (why didn’t I follow this through!), and then met some great friends who I would just follow whatever workouts they were doing as a gym partner. Usually 4 days with different muscle groups, and then a circuit day one day a week. These guys were in great shape and had been lifting weights all their lives with great results. I really started enjoying going to the gym, and started taking some boxing and cardio classes and met a lot of great people.

As far as dieting goes, I’ve tried it all. From Nutrisystem, South Beach, Atkins, to very low carb/calorie diets, and recently an extended Isagenix cleanse before a Dominican Republic trip where I got down to my lowest weight in memory around 176 lbs, but very little muscle. Basically eating 1200-1500 cals a day and cardio.. maybe a strength training session here and there. Clothes fit great, but I didn't look how I really wanted to with my shirt off. Came back from Dominican and bam.. gained close to 16 lbs that week. My body didn't know what to do with 3000-4000+ calories a day I guess! Got back down to a more stable weight a few months later at around 185-188.. but with a new gf, didn't follow through on my commitment to continue working out through the summer and by end of fall was back up to 196lbs.

Was really getting sick of the yo-yo weight loss/gain game. Still didn't have the muscles I wanted. Still didn't look great naked. So I decided to change my lifestyle and rid myself of stressful job and even more stressful ex-gf. Always heard about P90x and Insanity and decided to commit to that. This is where Kevin comes in. Always been good friends, and after Dominican we both decided to make a change. Completed P90X and then a P90X/Insanity Hybrid where we were doing strength training 3x a week and Insanity HIIT the other days. Literally no rest days.. eating 1800 calories a day, but then burning 600-1300 a day with cardio and basketball. Results were okay, diet was clean.. ish.. with a few cheat days or cheat weekends with Xmas, NFL playoffs, trips etc. Was pretty happy with the results. The last day of P90X / Insanity was last week of March, 2011.

Then I came across Leangains.com and Martin Berkhan. I was hooked. I was used to full day fasts on Isagenix, and I hated the six meals a day with Insanity/P90x. This was a godsend.

Now I'm addicted. I read anything and everything from Leangains.com, Bodyrecomposition.com, Alan Aragon, JC Fitness, Leigh Peele, Starting Strength, Max OT.. I'm like a sponge. I just can't get enough of IF, macros, micros, bulking, cutting, recomposition, BF, food pr0n, IIFYM.. etc..

I love it and it's become a great passion and hobby of mine.

So April 1st, Kev and I ditched the high rep, hour and a half long P90 workouts and crazy cardio and started following Leangains to best of my research and RPT training at the gym with little cardio. Wow!! Rest helps!! Eating helps!! Who would have thought?!?! Certainly not me at the time, and I look back even 3 months and see the crazy low calories I was eating and then expected strength gains on 800-1200 net calories a day?? Idiot. In one sense it now seems like a waste, but in another a learning experience… an Opportunity.

Before April 1st, I had never done a deadlift. Some squats, but not that many.. and definitely not deep enough, or with correct form. Not saying I'm perfect, but I'm getting better and stronger every day.

Then I found bb.com... started by following JJ22 and am trying to mimic his nutritional guidelines..

Beating Yesterday: DC Training/Myo-Rep Hybrid Protocol with Intermittent Fasting

Strength gains were great, I could keep up with the 2800/1400 cal split, although some of the low days were tough.

Everyday I continued to read and continued to tweak things here and there (probably over thinking) and then recently came across some 3DMJ logs that both inspired me and piqued my curiosity.

First it was Shazriki - a more recent 3DMJ acquisition, which has inspired me to love the kitchen!! Not only that, but although there is an age difference of over 10 years we have similar strength, goals, bf%, height/weight and philosophies. Truly inspires me. Amazing guy.

Then it was DREhova 87 - who is one of the most inspiring for me because of his age, the weight he came from and where he is now.

It got me thinking.. "I know I can get there by myself", especially with such a wealth of knowledge and training logs out there, but after watching some interviews with Eric Helms and other 3DMJ team members on Youtube, I'm curious as to how 3DMJ can help me reach my goals, mainly to "look great naked" and "have a six pack," as quickly and efficiently as possible.

So after a lot of research and inspiration from amazing journals of JJ22, Shazriki, DREhova 87, Bill & Eric, Cumulonimbus, Bijsanei, Dexter3000, Wheathins, VeritasInvictus, (You guys have all inspired me in one way or another, and your journey’s also help keep me accountable. Thank you.) to name 9.. lol

I made the executive decision to join Team 3DMJ.

And.. of course after me all jacked up and excited, I convinced Kevin to join up too!!

Looking forward to working collectively with Eric as my coach and Jeff, Alberto, Brad in the background.

Well that wasn't brief was it??

Goals

Short Term (~3-5 months): My current weight is 184 lbs, BF around 14-17%. I will be losing fat to reach around 175lbs. At that point Eric and I will decide whether to continue to cut or modify the original plans.

Long Term (~1-2 years): 180-190lbs and single% BF. Ripped beast!

Nutrition

IIFYM!!! IF!! Leangains.com!!! Can’t say enough how these things have changed my life forever.

Macros

· 6x Regular Days – 2695 Calories / 225 Protein / 325 Carbs / 55 Fat
    · 1x Refeed – 3050 Calories / 200 Protein / 450 Carbs / 50 Fat

Training

My strength training is a modified Starting Strength program:

Day 1

· Back squats – 3x5
    · Barbell Flat Bench – 3x5
    · Chinups – 3 x Failure
    · Overhead Rope Tricep Extentions – 1 x Myo Reps
    · Abs – Stir the Pot – 2 x Failure

Day 2

· Front Squats – 3x5
    · Overhead Press – 3x5
    · Sumo Deadlift – 1x5
    · Machine Calf Raise – 1x Myo Reps
    · Barbell Bicep Curl – 1x Myo Reps

Day 3

· Back Squats – 3x5
    · Barbell Flat Bench – 3x5
    · Pendlay Row – 3x5
    · Lying Leg Extension (Hamstring Curl) – 1x Myo Reps
    · Dumbbell Lateral Raise – 1x Myo Reps

Cardio

Goal of burning 1200 cals per week

· Basketball - twice a week – burning roughly 500-700 calories per session
    · Golf – once a week – Carrying or pushing clubs – apparently 1200-1800 cals burned
    · MISS where necessary once bball ends or coach sees fit

Supplements

· ON Micronized Creatine Daily
    · ON Fish Enteric Coated Fish Oil – 3 caps – Daily
    · Low Dose Multivitamin – Daily
    · 5g BCAA Pre and 5g Post – Scivation Xtend & Purple Wraath

Misc

· 5-8 hours of sleep daily (currently only getting around 6 – shooting for 8 eventually)
    · Fibre intake 25g daily
    · 90 fl oz of water daily
    · FOAM ROLLING!!! – Kev and I found some good videos from this guy on form and working out in general.. Then I found this foam rolling video. With always sitting at a desk and having bad posture all my life, I now swear by this. If you’re not doing it.. DO IT.
    · Massages!
    · Chiropractic adjustments
    · Pictures – (Eventually!!)
    · Lifting videos

Measurables

· This log!
    · Daily weigh-ins
    · All food tracked in MyFitnessPal – (user lakergreat1)
    · All workouts tracked in MyFitnessPal and soon JeFit when iPhone app is released.
    · Weekly body measurements

Extras/Reflections

As you can probably tell.. I’ve got a lot of my mind! I believe in lifelong learning and self improvement, so you’ll hear me babble on from time to time, but hopefully you’ll get some value out of it. I know from reading many people’s reflections on training and life have inspired me.. so I hope to give back a little.

That’s it, that’s all!! (I think!! Lol)

Hopefully this gave you a good insight into my motivation level and dedication to have to building the best physique I can while at the same time transforming my life.

This is going to be a lot of fun and one hell of a journey.

Kevin and I will be sharing this journal and I can’t wait to look back on it one day!

I will meet my goals, and I will not only look great, but look unreal naked.

lakergreat1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lakergreat1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lakergreat1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lakergreat1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lakergreat1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lakergreat1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lakergreat1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lakergreat1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lakergreat1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lakergreat1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lakergreat1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Man that was a lot of work to convert from MS word to BB code. I need to find a bb editor!

Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Firstly, in on this shhhh!

Secondly, the amount praise is quite frankly, flattering I'm glad I was able to inspire you to take a step in the right direction with 3DMJ. They have done right by me and I'm sure you'll have the same experience!

We're in it for the long haul bro, keep it coming!

bijsanei is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bijsanei is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bijsanei is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bijsanei is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bijsanei is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bijsanei is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bijsanei is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bijsanei is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bijsanei is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bijsanei is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bijsanei is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In homie! Let's do this!

Thanks for the shout-out too! Never thought I'd be the one doing any inspiring..
    [If It Fits Your Macros Crew] - U mad?

Coming from losing 110+ lbs... Starting a slow bulk... Let the fun begin! :D FOLLOW ALONG:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130527403

Also my NFSC log^^^

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In man. This is going to be solid. Love the approach and perspective you got on training and dieting - and the mental drive for sure.

Give'r!
    Just a weight lifter

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'll be lerking . Let me honestly say that Eric will do things to your metabolism that you never imagined possible!
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

Friday May 20th, 2011

Heading out to a friend’s camp today, going to estimate macros as much as possible, and have added booze intake, including account for carbs in the alcohol not show in MyFitnessPal. Didn’t pick up the Bcaa’s today, so will wait to Sunday to use!

~The Workout~

Back squats

175x5 *PR*
    175x5
    175x4

Barbell Flat Bench
    160x5 *PR*
    160x5
    160x4

Chinups (Afternoon Weight measured at the Gym)
    185x10
    185x8
    185x6

Overhead Rope Tricep Extensions – 1 x Myo Reps
    35x9 *PR* (Failed at 4 trying to do 40)
    2x35 FS1(2 sets of 3 reps per set, 10 second rest in between sets)
    6x35 FS2 (6 sets of 2 reps per set, 20 second rest in between sets)

Abs – Stir the Pot – 2 x Failure
    12 *PR*

Workout Notes - Bench weight is good, Squats add 5lbs, stay same with tri's next week, keep pushing Abs!

~The Eats~

Macros – 159P/318C/58F – They said we were having steak and chicken and when I arrived, there was none.. so much for planned macros and re-feed day. Moving re-feed to Sat. Will be good to try my re-feed on the day before a workout.

Morning Weigh In 184.5

Misc/Reflections

· Wow, about 10oz of rum and I was feeling it. Lightweight since I never do it anymore. Since I didn’t get my protein planned at the party, I was going to come home and do up some egg whites.. didn’t happen.. lol, was lucky to make it to bed.

· 4-5 hours sleep Thursday night – I know.. not enough.. Martin’s latest article in the back of my mind

· Fighting with gym employee who wouldn’t let me use foam roller, so inconsistent at my club.. this bitch said it was for “Personal Trainer Clients Only.” Yet 4 other people have let me use them before. I’ll go buy my own Saturday.
    · Great workout regardless, first time we really pushed ourselves as the week prior we were just learning what weights to use and getting form down.

Lovin Life! – Re-feed Tomorrow!

Last edited by lakergreat1; 05-22-2011 at 07:38 PM.
    Team 3DMJ
    IIFYM for Life!

Mike & Kev's IF Transformations - Junior Mints vs Quinoa - Sponsored by IIFYM & 3DMJ

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=686086841#post686086841

www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com

Saturday May 21, 2011

What a blast today, got up early and ran around doing errands in my truck while blasting music and fasting. Bought the foam roller, went to Farmer’s market to check out fresh produce/baking etc and ended up buying Smoked Herring and Fresh White Fish Filet?

~Rest Day – Just NEAT, no Cardio~

~The Eats~

Since I was out late last night, fasting until 6pm.. Ugh. Not really hungry, just hate eating late.

Meal 1 – Fake N Bake Chicken (Podelski Sister’s Cookbook) – Amazing Recipe, Egg white omelet with sweet potato fries (damn olive oil used up all my fat macros! Olive oil replacement suggestions?), Garden Salad with Dressing

Meal 2 – Baked oats with blueberries, bananas, Cookies & cream whey
    Meal 3 – Protein pudding – 1% milk, Soy Chocolate Milk, SF/FF Chocolate Fudge Jello, Jet puffed marshmallows, Reece’s Puffs, Pineapple chunks and Skinny Cow Caramel Fudge bar in the middle!

Failed Money Shot due to iPhone 4 Camera Quality and unsteady hand.

Meal 4 – What!! It’s 450g of carbs on my refeed days?? Fack.. I just finished eating. Oh well time to have a fruit bowl I guess!

Macros – 3140 Cals – 209P/441C/54F – Oops x2.. Oh well.. I’m getting the hand of measuring everything now

Morning Weigh In 184

Reflections

Another busy day, but I hate being bored, so keeping busy is paramount. Got a bunch of new items from my orders today too!! Pics will come tomorrow.. Eating too late, didn’t have much choice, but oh well.

Team 3DMJ
    IIFYM for Life!

www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com

Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Subbed

and thanks for the shoutout, let's do this!
    Iron, sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos.

++ Positivity Crew ++

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Hey there

found it!!

TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Will be following along! Good luck on your journey.
    "Training is 100 percent, Nutrition is 100 percent, and Mental approach is 100 percent. It is like a tripod, you take one of the legs away and they all fall down. " - Dorian Yates

"You will not be impatient; the grind is where character is made. Focus on what you have to do TODAY to make tomorrow better. This is a lifelong project." - Jim Wendler

TATW

CallMeMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) CallMeMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) CallMeMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) CallMeMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) CallMeMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) CallMeMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) CallMeMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) CallMeMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) CallMeMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) CallMeMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) CallMeMike is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    will be following, good luck!

Originally Posted by Dexter3000 View Post
    Subbed

and thanks for the shoutout, let's do this!
    Of course man, welcome.

Originally Posted by Quelly View Post
    found it!!
    Coach!! Let's find those hidden abs!

Originally Posted by TheRagingboxer View Post
    Will be following along! Good luck on your journey.
    Thanks man, it will be a great one.

Originally Posted by CallMeMike View Post
    will be following, good luck!
    Thanks, and great name btw

Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    I'll be lerking . Let me honestly say that Eric will do things to your metabolism that you never imagined possible!
    Bnizzle, one of my food pr0n idols.. I can't wait to see what Eric can do.

Originally Posted by Cumulonimbus View Post
    In man. This is going to be solid. Love the approach and perspective you got on training and dieting - and the mental drive for sure.

Give'r!
    If my log is even remotely like yours, I will classify it as a success.. True inspiration young beast! lol

Originally Posted by bijsanei View Post
    In homie! Let's do this!

Thanks for the shout-out too! Never thought I'd be the one doing any inspiring..
    Amazing what being accountable and making a life change can do eh? Your story and journey is amazing.

Originally Posted by Shazriki View Post
    Firstly, in on this shhhh!

Secondly, the amount praise is quite frankly, flattering I'm glad I was able to inspire you to take a step in the right direction with 3DMJ. They have done right by me and I'm sure you'll have the same experience!

We're in it for the long haul bro, keep it coming!
    Yea buddy! I don't have any doubts at all.. their personalities and philosophies are a perfect match to mine.
    Team 3DMJ
    IIFYM for Life!

www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com

Sunday May 22nd, 2011

Morning Weigh In 183.2

Weekly Measurements

First it's probably best if I give you some Historical Data for Kevin and I. Both of us are 5'11 and just over 30 and 32. Eric said that even though it's great we are so in-depth, body fat caliper measurements can be so inaccurate, even for trained professionals. As long as we at least do the best we can to be consistent and see some slight changes as well as the weekly pictures looking better and better, that's really the best way to judge it. Overall though some pretty good results/changes.

~The Workout~

Front squats
    - (Still working on getting form down)
    150x5
    150x5
    135x4 (working on form)

Barbell Overhead Press
    95x5
    95x5
    95x4

Sumo Deadlift
    225x5

Barbell Bicep Curl – 1 x Myo Reps
    65x10 (Still looking for best weight)
    2x65 FS1(2 sets of 3 reps per set, 10 second rest in between sets)
    12x35 FS2 (6 sets of 2 reps per set, 20 second rest in between sets)

Calf Raise Machine – 1 x Myo Reps
    225x10 *PR*
    5x225 FS1(2 sets of 3 reps per set, 10 second rest in between sets)
    6x225 FS2 (6 sets of 2 reps per set, 20 second rest in between sets)

Workout Notes - So it's 3:30.. we're preparing to workout at 5, our normal time.. Kevin says.. "Maybe we should see if the gym has regular hours today." Of course, they CLOSE at 5pm, so we had to rush there, Kevin was still smashing 1000 cals of Proats and I did my first ever Fasted Weight Training Session. Xtend helped I'm sure and Jack3d, but working was awesome... love love love every day we are hitting the weights. Front squats going to lower weight and even though Eric says form is good.. still doesn't look like the videos.. so we are gonna take another few cracks at it. They just seem to go straight up and down like a wall squat almost. We'll get it. Barbell we can jump up 5lbs, Sumo either stay the same or up 5. Bicep curls, try and go up 5lbs even though may not be able to hit 10 on first set. Calf raise, I have no clue what to do. 225 feels easy-ish.. but I made the mistake of killing myself the last time I did calf raises and felt it for 4 days after. So maybe I'll try another 5lbs and see how it goes.

~The Eats~

Bnizzle's Butterscotch Jell-o (can't find cheesecake in this town) Pancakes, Cinnamon Roll Icing and Honeydew Melon

Was ready for a delicious Kashi/Reeces Pieces/Dark Chocolate Dreams/Natural Peanut Butter /Ben & Jerry's Half Baked Ice Cream bowl.... but....

Somehow forgot to leave enough macros for THE DAMN ICE CREAM!! Next time!

2653 Calories / 232 Protein / 324 Carbs / 59 Fat

Damn I wanted that Ben & Jerry's.

Misc/Reflections
    • Another amazing day.. submitted our updates to Eric and low and behold.. Kev gets carb bump, and I'm dropping down carbs 25g less. Not surprised, but gonna miss those carbs!! Bring the abs!
    New Macros

6 x Week - 2695 Calories / 225 Protein / 300 Carbs / 55 Fat
    1 x Refeed - 3050 Calories / 200 Protein / 450 Carbs / 50 Fat
    Team 3DMJ
    IIFYM for Life!

www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com

Monday May 23rd, 2011

Morning Weigh In 183.2

Day off in for us up here in Canada but weather was crap, so not much going. Wanted to sleep in, but body just naturally wakes up at 6-7am now and doesn't want to go back to bed.

~Rest Day~

MISS Cardio - 420 Cals burned on Stationary Bike

Workout Notes - Knees feeling a bit sore.. probably from Front Squats.. I'm starting to take my GNC TriFlex again that has glucosamine for my joints.

~The Eats~

Started off with trying out the new purchase of Pumpkin and Gingerbread Pop Tarts

Then had a bunch of fruit to eat up, so made some crazy bowl that messed up my macros and literally made me spend over an hour trying to make them work. Low and behold, I made some omelet to hit it, but I could have had 2 Wendy's burgers!!! Dammit!! Stupid fruit bowl.

2560 Calories / 221 Protein / 303 Carbs / 52 Fat

Again still not bang on like I want, so I'm going to put in a few staples and then just get creative with desserts and such. Also thinking about FitDay as MyFitnessPal just isn't as easy as it SHOULD or COULD be.

Misc/Reflections
    • Headache in the evening, from stressing over macros no doubt.. lol.. just a chill day.. CAN'T WEIGHT TO WORKOUT.
    Team 3DMJ
    IIFYM for Life!

www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com

Tuesday May 24th, 2011

Morning Weigh In 184.4

Weights and Pizza today!! What more can you ask for??

Back squats
    180x5 *PR*
    180x5
    180x4

Barbell Flat Bench
    160x5
    165x5 *PR*
    165x4

Pendlay Rows - (First time doing Pendlays - figuring out weight)
    135x5
    140x5
    140x4

Leg Curls – 1 x Myo Reps
    115x9 *PR* (Couldn't get that last rep)
    2x115 FS1(2 sets of 3 reps per set, 10 second rest in between sets)
    6x115 FS2 (6 sets of 2 reps per set, 20 second rest in between sets)

Lateral Raise – 1 x Myo Reps
    25x10 *PR*
    4x115 FS1
    10x115 FS2

Workout Notes - Unreal workout session.. apparently I need to work in PR because I was killing it all day. Can't wait to bump up squats again next workout.. hoping to get to 200 soon!

~The Eats~

Unfortanately, didn't get any pics of the pizza, but found some amazing whole wheat pizza dough crusts that are fresh at a local bakery made with really healthy ingredients... in honor of Drehova 87.. you will see a ton of pizza's. Couldn't find Turkey Pepperoni ANYWHERE in town.. WTF! Oh well, Chicken/Steak/Shrimp will be staples.. hmm.. maybe even smoked herring?

Did have an unreal overnight proats bowl with Starbucks Via Instant Coffee, 90g Oats, 17 Junior Mints, Silk Chocolate Fortified, XF CPB (Bad lighting at work)

2640 Calories / 233 Protein / 303 Carbs / 58 Fat

Pretty good for a thrown together day, Coach says get the calories bang on as priority and withing +/- 5g on the rest. Threw in some PC Chocolate Mint Ice Cream for dessert. Always looking for omelet ideas and don't know what took me so long to start using fat free cheese.... soooooooooo goood. Damn, how did I forget pics!

Misc/Reflections
    • Felt amazing working out, great day at work, pizza and company were great.. awesome night. Didn't get any sleep because stayed up late to watch the Bulls game, but oh well.
    Team 3DMJ
    IIFYM for Life!

www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I approve.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    First round of eats looks fantastico.

One question about your myo-reps log notation. What does the "FS" mean?

First round of eats looks fantastico.

One question about your myo-reps log notation. What does the "FS" mean?
    From E,

"For the myo reps, I don't know exactly how familiar you are with them, but I want you going to what's called "fatigue stop 2" or FS2. It is set up like this: 10 reps (activation) + 10sec rest, 3 reps + 10 sec rest, 3 reps (third rep slow and grindy) this is Fatigue Stop 1 (FS1)...now... + 20sec rest, 2 reps (so - longer rest and less reps) + 20sec rest, 2 reps etc until 2nd rep slow and grindy - you've reached Fatigue Stop 2 (FS2) so STOP.
    So basically, after you do a set of 10 which should be about 2 shy of failure, you then do rest pauses with 10 sec rest and 3 reps until that 3rd rep slows down, then you switch to 20 sec rest periods and 2 reps until the second rep slows."
    Team 3DMJ
    IIFYM for Life!

www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com

I see, so it's basically a way of getting even MORE effective reps in the post-activation series, interesting. My understanding of myo-reps was that you would normally stop the set at the point you call FS1, then move onto another exercise. This must work wonders for toasting your shoulders with lat raises too.

Wednesday May 24th, 2011

Morning Weigh In
    184 lbs

Basketball and rest today.. headache started coming on at night

~Rest Day~

Basketball ~ 600 Cals burned in an hour

Workout Notes - Foam rolled before bball, felt great, played great.... maybe it was because of this..

~The Eats~

OMFG.. I've never had a better proats bowl.. thank you, thank you, thank you Meal Eating Now Thread and Shaz.

Started like this

Then Morphed into This

Stupid unsteady Iphone Camera ruining money shot

Pumpkin Proats - 1.25 Cup 1% Milk, 90g Oats, 1.5 scoops XF Cinnamon Roll, 5 tsp Splenda Brown Sugar, 1 Cup Stokely's Pumpkin, 1 tbsp ground cinnamon, 6 tbsp Kraft Cool Whip Low Fat, and 2 Kellogg's Frosted Pumpkin Pie Poptarts. Holy ****. This is happening at least weekly.

Macros for the Bowl - 1386 Calories / 56 Protein / 204 Carbs / 34 Fat

Macros for the day - 2691 Calories / 230 Protein / 303 Carbs / 58 Fat

Had some amazing smoked herring too fresh from the market.. but that is neither here nor there. PUMPKIN PROATS with Cool Whip and Poptarts. Best, invention, ever!

Misc/Reflections

• Headaches after basketball.. am I dehydrated? Or just sleeping wrong. I drank lotsa water and had 2x590ml Powerade Zero? Will go see my chiropractor friend tomorrow.
    Team 3DMJ
    IIFYM for Life!

www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com

I see, so it's basically a way of getting even MORE effective reps in the post-activation series, interesting. My understanding of myo-reps was that you would normally stop the set at the point you call FS1, then move onto another exercise. This must work wonders for toasting your shoulders with lat raises too.
    Oh yes.. heavy toasting on everything. Stupid me try to tire myself out doing calves myo style. Result? 4 days of barely being able to walk. Idiot!
    Team 3DMJ
    IIFYM for Life!

www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com

Thursday May 25th, 2011

Morning Weigh In
    183 lbs!!!! Get Low!

Yup, headache as I expected, borderline migraine.. ALL-Day. Good day at work, but wasn't very focused with head pounding. Ran around and did some errands including picking up a plug-in travel freezer....

~Rest Day #2~

No Cardio - Complete Rest

Workout Notes - No foam roller!! Ugh.. forgot. Toooooo busy eating!!!!!!!

~The Eats~

Was so pumped to eat after not getting home till 5pm-ish to eat ~18 hour fast~ that I forgot to take a pic of 562.5g of 1% Cottage Cheese, XF CR, Huge load of Frozen fruit.. was delic.

However, "Dinner included 6oz Baked Trout (market fresh), 10oz B/S Chicken Breast with Fat Free Swiss Cheese. Oh, and 4 cups of steam broccoli

Late Night Dessert 1 - 1 full package of Jell-o SF/FF White Chocolate Instant Pudding with 2 cup Beatrice FF Milk, 2/3 Cup Kraft Jet Puff Mini Marshmallows, 2 tbsp Smuckers Caramel Fat Free Sundae Syrup

Dessert #2 - 300g Vanilla Source 0% Yogurt, 1.5 cups of that aforementioned Frozen Fruit, 1 tbsp Honey, 1.5 tbsp Caramel Sundae Syrup

Dessert #3 - Remainder of Half Baked

Dessert #4 - Almost of Cup of Cherry Garcia

Everyone playing together

Ben & Jerry's Virginity - Ok, so hear's the deal. About two weeks ago I was in Metro (grocery store) and saw BnJ's on sale for $3.99.. pretty good for our city as it's normally $7+. Even after reading some threads, I purchased Cherry Garcia, thinking it was going to compliment a proats bowl commendently. WRONG.. I was like... WTF is everyone raving about BnJ for? Well, I went back and said, "BnJ, I'm giving you a second chance" and picked up Half Baked. OMG, unreal!! Ok, so I'm back on the BnJ train.. but.. there's no good flavors in my town, let alone Canada.

Look at this pitiful comparison

http://www.benjerry.ca/en/ourflavours/

vs.

http://www.benjerry.com/flavors/our-flavors/

Pathetic Canada.

Macros - 2630 Calories / 226 Protein / 304 Carbs / 56 Fat

Solid, Solid dessert, food day. IIFYM. Now, if there was only a way to get GOOD BnJ flavours..

Misc/Reflections
    • Spoiler alert! - Friday morning weight was 185.6. I know E and Berto tell everyone to not look at the scale. But is my late night eating right before bed hurting anything?
    • Workout day tomorrow!!
    • Hot stone massage tomorrow!!
    • Weekend!
    • Life is amazing.
    Last edited by lakergreat1; 05-28-2011 at 07:01 PM.
    Team 3DMJ
    IIFYM for Life!

www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com

Pumpkin oats ftmfw. Well done sir they look delicious! Dude you're taking IIFYM to the next level. All your pics have really good lightning too lol xD

Pumpkin oats ftmfw. Well done sir they look delicious! Dude you're taking IIFYM to the next level. All your pics have really good lightning too lol xD
    So much win!! Maybe I'll have em again today!! Can't stop thinking bout them.

Next Level?? I'm not even on your level yet.. Baby steps.
    Team 3DMJ
    IIFYM for Life!

www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com

TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000) TheRagingboxer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Weight fluctuates all the time, I would not stress about it too much, just continue to hit your macros. I have been staying a lil under my maintenance, but have also since bumped up my carbs and have put on 2 pounds despite still being under maintenance. Just one of those things.

Nice work though.
    "Training is 100 percent, Nutrition is 100 percent, and Mental approach is 100 percent. It is like a tripod, you take one of the legs away and they all fall down. " - Dorian Yates

"You will not be impatient; the grind is where character is made. Focus on what you have to do TODAY to make tomorrow better. This is a lifelong project." - Jim Wendler

TATW

Originally Posted by TheRagingboxer View Post
    Weight fluctuates all the time, I would not stress about it too much, just continue to hit your macros. I have been staying a lil under my maintenance, but have also since bumped up my carbs and have put on 2 pounds despite still being under maintenance. Just one of those things.

Nice work though.
    Haha.. I love that face blur in you're profile pic.. how'd you do that?

What percentage of BF do you think you're at now? Looks like you've done some great work too. Do you have a journal?
    Team 3DMJ
    IIFYM for Life!

www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com

Originally Posted by lakergreat1 View Post
    Haha.. I love that face blur in you're profile pic.. how'd you do that?

What percentage of BF do you think you're at now? Looks like you've done some great work too. Do you have a journal?
    Haha, thanks and with photobucket, not really sure y I did it either, o well. Really not sure of BF%, maybe 16-17%? I started my cut Jan 13 sitting at 190 pounds. Weight today was 168 up about 2 pounds from last Friday, however I have raised my carbs and calories on training days to +500 on training days, maintenance on off days.

I'm going to start a nice and slow recomp within next week or two, I do not think I can continue to cut and expect any good results without me starting too look famished, haha.

Besides it is time to pack on some muscle, and I'm ready. No log either but I should prob run one here soon. Good luck with your progress!

TATW

Dere is NO offseason DREhova 87's Avatar
    DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    DUde! Freakin epic log! Thank you! I'm extremely flattered and it really means a lot to me for you to say those things. Never thought I would be considered as some one to motivate another. Mind = Blown! I can't wait to catch up on this thing...got to run into a meeting right now.

oh yea... That is the best stack ever to exist IMO (Pumpkin Pie/Gingerbread Pop Tarts) Hell yes! I'm going to New York this year ... first stop...Pop Tart Store FTW! LOL
    -100lbs Club

www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com
    Natural Bodybuilding's Dream Team

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Man WTF! You're killing it with the eats and putting my repetitive eats to shame!
    Just a weight lifter