Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    I'm VitaminVendetta PerpetualMotion's Avatar
    PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Andrew_S View Post
    I've pretty much lost all desire for big-3 type number chasing, but that's led to enjoying lifting more than I have in a long ass time.
    Wouldn't doubt it. Bodybuilding-type training can be a lot more fun, especially since variety tends to be far more prominent. Will you be running Perryman's undulating program when you move into the bulk?
    “Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter.”

Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PerpetualMotion View Post
    Wouldn't doubt it. Bodybuilding-type training can be a lot more fun, especially since variety tends to be far more prominent. Will you be running Perryman's undulating program when you move into the bulk?
    I always hated bodybuilding style work, but that's probably why I haven't put on enough LBM. I've always done better with reps, but have avoided it.

As far as Perryman...yes/no. I've been trying different things all this cut and I've figured out for me...

-I love full body, but too taxing on cut
    -I like upper/lower, but lifts suffer due to the structure and lack of energy when I work through the order
    -I seem to be able to run legs/push/pull with higher frequency due to splitting things up more (still early into things)

So I plan on continuing with the undulating periodization that Perryman has in his article (4x12,5x8,4x6,6x3), but if things continue like they are I'll stick with legs/push/pull unlike the options he has on his site (full body, upper/lower, etc). I could start gushing about how much fun the current setup is, but I haven't been on it long enough so I don't know how effective it will be.

Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andrew_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MiscDemeanor View Post
    Good luck with your getting fine and sexified goals in 2013. And yeah, lifting should definitely be enjoyable. Stressing over numbers is silly! Congrats on the fat loss so far, that weight decrease is a pretty big accomplishment in just 11 weeks.
    Thanks, MiscD, if that really is your real name. It's nuts to think what my final weight will be when I'm finished.

I'm VitaminVendetta PerpetualMotion's Avatar
    PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Andrew_S View Post
    I always hated bodybuilding style work, but that's probably why I haven't put on enough LBM. I've always done better with reps, but have avoided it.
    Reps hurt. Ever tried running the rack? I picked it up from Joe Defranco (it's meant as a pump-type thing plus to strengthen the tendons and what not). Basically, pick a rep range, start near your max. for those reps and work down the dumbbell rack with no rest in between. Just something fun to try out for biceps since I think they tend to be boring as hell to train.

As far as Perryman...yes/no. I've been trying different things all this cut and I've figured out for me...

-I seem to be able to run legs/push/pull with higher frequency due to splitting things up more (still early into things)
    I don't think that's something he wouldn't do. He tends to be insanely flexible and a do-what-works-for-you kind of guy, which is what I like about a lot of his work. Are you going to run the intensification phase, too?
    “Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter.”

Originally Posted by PerpetualMotion View Post
    Reps hurt. Ever tried running the rack?

I don't think that's something he wouldn't do. He tends to be insanely flexible and a do-what-works-for-you kind of guy, which is what I like about a lot of his work. Are you going to run the intensification phase, too?
    Hmm, never tried it (train at home almost all the time). Sounds fun, in a muscle bursting kind of way.

And yes for the intensification phase. It'll still be important to get stronger (even if not in a 1 rep max kind of way), but I'll have to think more on how often. 2 cycles or 4 weeks accumulation/1 cycle or 2 weeks intensification, etc.