Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    schmity0525 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation John Kiefer's Carb Nite Soultion and Carb Backloading.

Ok y'all question about carb backloading. Is anyone currently doing it or has done it? If so does it work? and How does it work exactly? I know from an article I read that you start for like days of limiting carbs to 30 grams or less then on the tenth night (after your workout) to have at it, basically get your carbs in, then start the process over again but once a week have a "Carb Nite". Though for "Carb Backloading", is it different? That after the ten days, and working out in the afternoon (being ideal for this program), you intake a ton of carbs after the workout every night? Except for non-training days (as in cardio), limiting to a few amount of carbs in the evening? Is this correct? Or does someone have something different to add or change? Any advice would be most appreciated, I'm going to try this on Monday, and want as much info as possible please fellow BodyBuilders.

IFBB Amateur, M. Physique ArchangelEST's Avatar
    ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just have to ask... why would you even do this? What are your goals and what makes you think this "carb backloading" will help you achieve them?
    Owner of:

www.Aspartame-Research.com
    www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

Flexible Dieting Handbook: How To Lose Weight by Eating What You Want - an Amazon Bestseller

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. "

― Alvin Toffler

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just start gaining mass.

lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ArchangelEST View Post
    I just have to ask... why would you even do this? What are your goals and what makes you think this "carb backloading" will help you achieve them?
    This...

Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    Just start gaining mass.
    and this.

Phrak is just really nice. (+1000) Phrak is just really nice. (+1000) Phrak is just really nice. (+1000) Phrak is just really nice. (+1000) Phrak is just really nice. (+1000) Phrak is just really nice. (+1000) Phrak is just really nice. (+1000) Phrak is just really nice. (+1000) Phrak is just really nice. (+1000) Phrak is just really nice. (+1000) Phrak is just really nice. (+1000)
    Everyone is looking for that edge. It may have some merit but it will be miniscule at best. K.I.S.S, set-up your appropriate macros, consume foods you like when you like. Lift heavy **** and sleep.

My goal is gain muscle mass without gaining fat as well, why is this something bad to do? I'm doing heavy weights with low reps now, and I don't like to consume carbs too much. My goal is to have a lean, body, cut year round and I'm trying to find rountines now (being 20) to stick with that will work for me. Working out with weights is great, cardio helps as well, but I'm looking more in depth with nutrition as well...

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by schmity0525 View Post
    My goal is gain muscle mass without gaining fat as well, why is this something bad to do? I'm doing heavy weights with low reps now, and I don't like to consume carbs too much. My goal is to have a lean, body, cut year round and I'm trying to find rountines now (being 20) to stick with that will work for me. Working out with weights is great, cardio helps as well, but I'm looking more in depth with nutrition as well...
    Carbs don't make you fat.

ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    Carbs don't make you fat.
    And cardio doesn't necessarily make you lean.

Wow, I think we just nuked this kids whole world.
    Owner of:

www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

Flexible Dieting Handbook: How To Lose Weight by Eating What You Want - an Amazon Bestseller

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. "

― Alvin Toffler

Phrak is just really nice. (+1000) Phrak is just really nice. (+1000) Phrak is just really nice. (+1000) Phrak is just really nice. (+1000) Phrak is just really nice. (+1000) Phrak is just really nice. (+1000) Phrak is just really nice. (+1000) Phrak is just really nice. (+1000) Phrak is just really nice. (+1000) Phrak is just really nice. (+1000) Phrak is just really nice. (+1000)
    And cardio doesn't necessarily make you lean.

Wow, I think we just nuked this kids whole world.
    Also gaining muscle without gaining fat is bodybuilding alchemy. Kids day is ruined now.

Depends on how much you consume thought right? I try and take in plenty of protein and limiting my fat intake as well. But TRY to get my calorie intake high to gain muscle

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Isn't this the diet that's like a PSMF for 6 days then you're allowed to binge for a night?
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

So basically what y'all are saying is that you not wanting to help about the subject I posted but instead on bashing on someone who is trying to seek knowledge? Granted I already knew about gaining muscle will also gain fat as well. So I'll just figure it out since y'all don't want to take it seriously and help. Thanks for that

Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    Isn't this the diet that's like a PSMF for 6 days then you're allowed to binge for a night?
    I know the "Cheat Mode Diet" works off this premise. Fast till 2:00pm, eat protein and fats till workout, consume protein carbs during workout, binge on carbs after workout.

Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    i'm not quite sure, that's why I'm trying to get info about it. All I really know is to start out for ten days taking in ONLY 30 grams or less of carbs then on the tenth night refull basically then I guess once a week after only consuming 30 or less grams of carbs you consume more during the evening instead of morning time

Depends on how much you consume thought right? I try and take in plenty of protein and limiting my fat intake as well. But TRY to get my calorie intake high to gain muscle
    Limiting fat intake is a rather bad idea... unless you are cutting down from an all fat diet. Please use this:

http://www.youneedhelp.totalh.com/
    Owner of:

www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

― Alvin Toffler

Originally Posted by Phrak View Post
    I know the "Cheat Mode Diet" works off this premise. Fast till 2:00pm, eat protein and fats till workout, consume protein carbs during workout, binge on carbs after workout.
    But is that everyday or only that once a day type of deal? because I get those two mixed up. Carb Nite and Carb Backloading, that's what I'm trying to get accross

i'm not quite sure, that's why I'm trying to get info about it. All I really know is to start out for ten days taking in ONLY 30 grams or less of carbs then on the tenth night refull basically then I guess once a week after only consuming 30 or less grams of carbs you consume more during the evening instead of morning time
    So why would your choose this method over say a modest surplus or deficit? Sounds like adding complication where it really isnt needed.

Cheat mode, is every heavy workout day. Off/light days follow a low carb paleo diet.

Originally Posted by Phrak View Post
    So why would your choose this method over say a modest surplus or deficit? Sounds like adding complication where it really isnt needed.

Cheat mode, is every heavy workout day. Off/light days follow a low carb paleo diet.
    That's what I'm trying to figure out exactly. I'm not sure what is a "modest surplus or deficit". I came across the article on mensfitness.com "Carbs Are Not the Enemy"

I'm not sure what is a "modest surplus or deficit".
    10-20%
    Owner of:

www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

― Alvin Toffler

10-20%
    Mhmm, body fat or carb consumtion?

Plus the whole goal, body-type would be how you look. Ripped and s**t

Neither. *Calories* in general.

Add 10-20% cals if you wish to gain, and reduce if you wish to lose fat. That's it. Again:

Owner of:

www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

― Alvin Toffler

Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

10/20% over your caloric maintenance. It will be a LOT easier to monitor then what you are trying to do...

Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Neither. *Calories* in general.

Add 10-20% cals if you wish to gain, and reduce if you wish to lose fat. That's it. Again:

Off topic, but a dude asked me today that someone had told him to eat more calories so he wondered what kinda foods had calories seeing how he only eating protein and fats. Lolz were had

rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

You seem to be very confused and lack an understanding of basic nutrition. Read the stickies and/or google "baseline diet - lyle mcdonald." Read and then post here if any questions remain. Please understand that every few months some new "system" comes up that supposedly gets you lean and big at the same time. It all comes down to macros and energy balance. Timing, loading, depleting, etc are only small modifiers that are basically meaningless in the grand scheme of diet & exercise.
    Richard Anderson, M.D.

I eat and thoroughly enjoy egg whites; for some reason you now think you are smarter than me. This makes me smile.

Pubmed: helpin' the anti-Bros post links to abstracts of studies they never read...anything less is Broscience!

-To the PubMed ninjas; you are what is wrong with the internet.

hulk4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hulk4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hulk4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hulk4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hulk4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hulk4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hulk4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hulk4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hulk4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hulk4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hulk4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I recommend you to read the link that archangelEST posted twice

Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cliffs:
    -OP presents some BS diet
    -Regs tell him that diet is idiotic, offer advice
    - OP continues on about diet and other nonsense
    - Regs tell him to read stickies/provide link
    - OP herps derps
    - Regs again show him a link
    -OP asks why no one is helping

Conclusion:
    OP is 6', 150 lbs and will be forever skinny because he doesn't want to get 'fat'.

Advice:
    READ THE STICKIES. Go to the link provided multiple times. Eat in a caloric surplus, Lift heavy sh!t. Gain muscle.

lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Lvisaa2 View Post
    OP is 6', 150 lbs and will be forever skinny because he doesn't want to get 'fat'.

Advice:
    READ THE STICKIES. Go to the link provided multiple times. Eat in a caloric surplus, Lift heavy sh!t. Gain muscle.
    Quoting for emphasis.

OP, we ARE helping you, you just don't want to hear it.

mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattkilla420 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lovingit View Post
    Quoting for emphasis.

OP, we ARE helping you, you just don't want to hear it.
    this
    and op and everyone else should stay clear of this carb nite solution bs
    quoting the website -
    "Think exercise is going to help? Alone, exercise won't cause fat-loss for over nine months and it makes no difference in fat-loss when done in combination with a diet plan. "

op if you want to gain muscle mass youll need carbs, they provide the energy you will need to lift hard at the gym
    NASM-CPT

rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mattkilla420 View Post
    this
    and op and everyone else should stay clear of this carb nite solution bs
    quoting the website -
    "Think exercise is going to help? Alone, exercise won't cause fat-loss for over nine months and it makes no difference in fat-loss when done in combination with a diet plan. "
    op if you want to gain muscle mass youll need carbs, they provide the energy you will need to lift hard at the gym
    Said quote is backed by literature. More importantly, this thread is dead X 7 days.
    Richard Anderson, M.D.

I eat and thoroughly enjoy egg whites; for some reason you now think you are smarter than me. This makes me smile.

Pubmed: helpin' the anti-Bros post links to abstracts of studies they never read...anything less is Broscience!

-To the PubMed ninjas; you are what is wrong with the internet.

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    Ok y'all question about carb backLOLing.
    ^Fixt it for ya brohan.