Cocopumps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cocopumps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cocopumps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cocopumps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cocopumps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cocopumps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cocopumps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cocopumps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cocopumps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cocopumps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cocopumps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Losing 2 pounds a week

"Really just stupid"

Am talking about fat here

Brb am 400lbs and I should lose 2lbs of fat a week just like someone who's 150lbs

Can someone aware me who made that rule ?

st1264 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) st1264 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) st1264 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) st1264 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) st1264 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) st1264 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Cocopumps View Post
    "Really just stupid"

Brb am 400lbs and I should lose 2lbs of fat a week just like someone who's 150lbs

I'm guessing here, but if you were a couch potato and then got active, you'll be burning a lot more calories than a 150lb person doing the same exercises. So the 2 lb a week would be higher. This is my best guess. But, losing too much weight, too fast is a big shock to the body and is not recommended, from what I'm reading. I'm down 10 lbs in 8 weeks, which is normal, (1-2lbs/week).

I think the rule was made for the average person/average weight loss. It will fluctuate for the size of the person, of course.

jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "Really just stupid"

If I'm reading the engrish right, you are saying you are 400lbs and want to lose more than 2 pounds a week? I say go for it because it's not going to kill you. However, also realize that at 400 lbs you have quite a bit of muscle. If you want to keep it then it's not going to be about losing lbs but more about losing fat and that means slower overall weight loss but the kicker there is that in a year, you'll probably ultimately wind up being the same weight with either approach. The main difference is that if you opt to keep that muscle and just target losing the fat as opposed to weight in general, you'll like what you see in the mirror a whole lot more and you will be throwing around some giant weights in the gym. Your choice though as either way is going to be an improvement to your overall health.

TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    "Really just stupid"

The amount of fat you can lose has to do with the amount of fat you have on your body. In morbidly obese subjects, 3-5 lbs per week is healthy provided they are hitting all macro/micro-nutrient needs in their diet.
    Aug of 2010 - 330 lbs <--- Never Forget

AD9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "Really just stupid"

If u are eating clean and exercising daily then the weight u lose would happen naturally. I highly doubt u would cut back on ur exercise or stop eating as well in order to slow down ur fat loss to 2 pounds a week. That would make absolutely no sense.
    Jul 15, 2011 214.5 lb (97.5 kg)

Oct 7, 2011 196.5 lb (89.3 kg)

Oct 21, 2011 193.5 lb (88.0 kg)

body fat - 17.4%

Never give up, always train hard.