Thread: Losing weight

Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Losing weight

Ok so I just have a noob question. Ive been working out for 5 days consecutively 30-40mins on my elliptical at home. A well been eating really good, I take thermogenic supplements and protein shakes everyday. How long does it take to actually see a difference if I continue this way? I gotta be burning more calories then im eating. I think this has been a reason I quit b4, wasnt seeing results. Im not gonna quit, but im curious as to how long?
    Love you for you. Dont forget to dance in the rain and love like there is no heart ache! <3

Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What is your caloire maintenance level?
    How many caloires are you eating a day?
    What is your macro breakdown?

If you can't answer any of the above then go read the sticky threads at the top of the forum and start tracking what you are eating. Also you may need a large dose of "patience".

chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Small results will be instant.. Strength, stamina etc... results that'll generate shape to the outside eye will be gradual (1.5 to 2.5 months atleast)
    Whats your calorific deficit per day?
    Half Triathlon end of this year.. Wish me luck!

Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by chaz1072 View Post
    Small results will be instant.. Strength, stamina etc... results that'll generate shape to the outside eye will be gradual (1.5 to 2.5 months atleast)
    Whats your calorific deficit per day?
    Ive never really calculated how many calories i have a day, but i dont eat alot, because I dont get hungry alot. I've tried doing the 5 small meals a day and it just doesnt work for me.But like yesterday was low fat low sugar oatmeal, lunch chicken breast wrap and dinner large greek salad. No pop, i dont eat chips or chocolate nor sugar.
    Love you for you. Dont forget to dance in the rain and love like there is no heart ache! <3

SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SeanM4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Weigh yourself early morning after going to the bathroom and before eating anything. Weigh yourself again after one week, and again after two weeks. That will tell you whether you are eating too much or not.

You said you take protein shakes every day - is that in addition to the oatmeal, chicken wrap, and large greek salad? I really recommend just figuring out about how many calories you consume per day to get a ballpark figure.

chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you've recently begun this process after a long time, the early weight loss would be pretty quick.. water weight etc.
    Your diet plan looks well below BMR*activity levels calorific requirement and your workout/cardio look rock solid too.. Coming to the number of meals per day.. it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.. its just calories in and calories out..
    Read the stickies and it'll make things more clear (if you haven't already).. read the nutrition forum stickies as well..

If you've recently begun this process after a long time, the early weight loss would be pretty quick.. water weight etc.
    Your diet plan looks well below BMR*activity levels calorific requirement and your workout/cardio look rock solid too.. Coming to the number of meals per day.. it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.. its just calories in and calories out..
    Read the stickies and it'll make things more clear (if you haven't already).. read the nutrition forum stickies as well..
    I have been reading it and learning alot...In the last 5 days ive gained 3lbs...Thats first thing in the morning today, i think though my scale is broken (its been dropped many times by my son) perhaps i should get a new one and just go from what it says, as it would be new and probably more efficient and correct

The best time to weigh yourself and make note of is early in the morning after a piss and a dump.. everyday gains and losses are erratic.. weekly results will give you the exact information!! Just like SeanM4 mentioned above

The best time to weigh yourself and make note of is early in the morning after a piss and a dump.. everyday gains and losses are erratic.. weekly results will give you the exact information!! Just like SeanM4 mentioned above

I bought a better scale, possibly more accurate, weighed my self and i was 3lbs lighter so even if the other one was right or wrong, ill just go by that one then

creepa200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) creepa200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) creepa200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) creepa200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) creepa200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) creepa200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) creepa200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) creepa200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) creepa200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) creepa200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) creepa200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'd get a kitchen scale and weigh and calculate calories. I've spent months in plateaus cause I thought I could calculate without weighing. Weight loss is all about calories in and out for sure. I've tried numerous other ways and counting has been the only profitable way. You can lose 8-10 pounds in a month once you find your perfect calorie base.

I just did a full month at 1600 and lost 2-3 pounds per week which was awesome. Took me a few months to find my perfect calorie limit. I was doing the basic 2000 for months which worked great until I lost a lot of weight.

I weigh myself everyday in the morning and just write it down on a calendar. I like being able to see the daily changes. Plus if you have more sodium the day before your weigh in it could be off. Least this way you can see the weekly rate of weight loss.

It's going to take counting cals once you get smaller anyways to keep that figure. Might as well get into good habits now.

Either way you got this far just keep going. Keep up the good work.

canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    about 2.4 hours after the 5th day. Otherwise its a fail
    The body doesn't struggle to lose weight...the mind does - keep measurements, keep your sanity.

I'm an Englishman living in Canada...oh how I miss a decent curry!

Former skinny fat member @ 158lbs - now 205lbs and 15%. It's been a long journey but a rewarding one.

JordanLA337 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If I were you I would weigh yourself like 3 times a day, and once you do that you will most likely be able to detect patterns and fluctuations in your weight. That will probably help you determine if you are losing weight or not. Mostly its just a motivational thing
    IM CUTTING
    Current supps: DAA, fish oil, multi, ALA, malice fat burner (lulz), world of warcraft(pandaria expansion)
    Louisiana

Thanks so much I feel this time is the time for me im down 60lbs already but lost that 1.5 years ago, so been at the same weight with the last 40lbs to go for a long time...soo I have alot of goals and this is one of them.

Originally Posted by creepa200 View Post
    I'd get a kitchen scale and weigh and calculate calories. I've spent months in plateaus cause I thought I could calculate without weighing. Weight loss is all about calories in and out for sure. I've tried numerous other ways and counting has been the only profitable way. You can lose 8-10 pounds in a month once you find your perfect calorie base.

I just did a full month at 1600 and lost 2-3 pounds per week which was awesome. Took me a few months to find my perfect calorie limit. I was doing the basic 2000 for months which worked great until I lost a lot of weight.

I weigh myself everyday in the morning and just write it down on a calendar. I like being able to see the daily changes. Plus if you have more sodium the day before your weigh in it could be off. Least this way you can see the weekly rate of weight loss.

It's going to take counting cals once you get smaller anyways to keep that figure. Might as well get into good habits now.

Either way you got this far just keep going. Keep up the good work.
    I did some calculations, for fat loss at my weight and height, 1500 cals a day GRAMS per day 225g of carbs a day 93g of protein a day 25g of fat a day.

This would be deff a fat loss concept. Every week I will up my cardio by 15 mins. ive incorporated alot of good food in my diet. I take a thermogenic twice a day, caffeine pills, fish oil, multi vitamon, iron pills. ( low energy alot of the time b4 working out)