davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Would this work as a Tricep Long Head Isolation Exercise?

I don't think I've ever seen anyone use this, and I was thinking about functions, and one of the functions of the long head is to bring the arm down towards the body.

Basically, this is a cable exercise, and the basis is that it is the opposite of lateral raises.

In a lateral raise, you start with your arms by your side and you lift them forming a T-shape. Now, in this one, you're going from the T-shape (though it's more a 7 because you're doing it with one arm at a time, unless you manage to find a station appropriate for both arms at once) down to your arms being by your side, the start position of lateral raises.

I'm really unsure whether this would work, but assuming you keep your grip in neutral position I think it might work (assuming I'm thinking of the long head's function correctly).

Anyone want to put their 2 cents out there?

tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It almost seems like that would work your serratus anterior, but im really not sure...
    USMC '04-'08

"Milk is for babies, when you grow up you have to drink beer" Arnold

ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by davidlaboza View Post
    and one of the functions of the long head is to bring the arm down towards the body.
    Yes, but the work long head does in this cases is negligible, because it usually works in conjunction with the lats to perform this task. And lats take the absolute most of the load.

Do the proven exercises for your Triceps, and stop wasting your time by reinventing the wheel. No offense.
    bb.com, a place that turned Deadlift into a forearm isolation exercise

and a place where 99% of 21 year olds have bad back and knees.

davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No offense taken. I'm sticking to overhead extensions, skull crushers, pushdowns, etc. I was simply curious as to whether it would work and I'm not at a gym right now to test it, lol.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by tflee42 View Post
    It almost seems like that would work your serratus anterior, but im really not sure...
    No, the serratus anterior assist in abduction via upward rotation of scapula in things like overhead pressing.

Exercise described is an adduction one, it will use things like lats and lower pecs. Sounds like training people do for that iron cross hold on gymnastics rings.