Dixie89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whey Protein Or Weight Gainer??

Hey guys, im new to the forum, ive had a look around and it seems really good, looks like you guys know your stuff lol!
    I was just wondering what you think, ive just started getting back into weight lifting again and im hoping to gain muscle and HOPEFULLY reach about 200lbs, but i was just wondering should i start straight off on Whey Protein, or should i use a weight gainer first and then use the Whey?? I usually buy Optimum Gold 100% Whey, but i dont know wether to hold out until ive actually gained more weight ( i am currently about 182lbs). I dont really know alot about supplements and stuff so any feedback would be really appreciated so thanks guys !!

KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Buy whey protein and make your own shakes. A typical 1000 cals, ~20 serving bag of gainer costs $50. You could get 70 servings of whey and add your own oats, PB, ice cream ect and make your own. Search around for some good homemade gainer shake recipe's on here.

Originally Posted by KoHuskie View Post
    Buy whey protein and make your own shakes. A typical 1000 cals, ~20 serving bag of gainer costs $50. You could get 70 servings of whey and add your own oats, PB, ice cream ect and make your own. Search around for some good homemade gainer shake recipe's on here.
    Yeah that sounds alot better than buying the two together, i could easily just add the types of foods you mentioned to the whey for a stacked shake. Thanks man!!

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Try to get as many calories as you can from whole foods.

If you don't have the appetite to eat enough calories then a weight gainer might be for you.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Make your own weight gainer with protein, oatmeal, peanut butter, ice cream, cottage cheese, cereal, etc. Whatever you want to throw in it!

Mike
    ….

yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yakuzastyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post

If you don't have the appetite to eat enough calories then a weight gainer might be for you.
    ^^^This. Real Gains Chocolate Ice Cream!

gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000)

well put. If you can force it down, eat your calories. OR just make one f*ck of a pwo whey shake.
    If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success.

Ok thanks man, i am trying to fit 6 meals in a day, two of those being weight gainer shakes mixed with fruits and stuff, but i will definately take on your advice, thanks!!

Originally Posted by XCriticalBenchX View Post
    Make your own weight gainer with protein, oatmeal, peanut butter, ice cream, cottage cheese, cereal, etc. Whatever you want to throw in it!

Mike
    Would you recommend Optimum Gold 100% Whey?? Thats what i usually buy.

KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dixie89 View Post
    Would you recommend Optimum Gold 100% Whey?? Thats what i usually buy.
    Pretty common quality protein. I personally like scivation whey. A little cheaper (I think its 60 for 10lbs) and tastes great.

Registered User miamibodybuilder's Avatar
    miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    in my opinion i've always preferred to buy whey protein and just add other ingredients to the shake myself to give me CLEANER calories. i've seen that most weight gainers have lots of sugars and fats in them. so what i do is get my whey powder and just add fruits, natural peanut butter, oatmeal, anything you can think of to add those extra clean calories thrown it in there. i've actually thrown cashews and almonds into my shakes. so get creative and get growing man.
    NGA Natural bodybuilder
    AAEFX Board Rep
    Team Natural Freak

Originally Posted by miamibodybuilder View Post
    in my opinion i've always preferred to buy whey protein and just add other ingredients to the shake myself to give me CLEANER calories. i've seen that most weight gainers have lots of sugars and fats in them. so what i do is get my whey powder and just add fruits, natural peanut butter, oatmeal, anything you can think of to add those extra clean calories thrown it in there. i've actually thrown cashews and almonds into my shakes. so get creative and get growing man.
    Yeah that is true, maybe i should just go for a cheaper whey protein than Optimum Gold and just add the natural things like fruits and peanut butter and make my own. Thanks alot for the advice man!!

KKF4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KKF4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KKF4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KKF4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KKF4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KKF4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KKF4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KKF4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KKF4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KKF4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KKF4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Get the Met-Rx 100% Ultramyosyn Whey while it is still 20% off here, here in the BB store. Definitely top quality at the lowest price point.

KOR1A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you guys blending your food items prior to adding it to your protein shake? I don't have a blender, but don't understand how I'm able to add fruits, almonds, etc without blending it first.