welchcr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welchcr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welchcr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welchcr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welchcr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welchcr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welchcr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welchcr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welchcr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welchcr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welchcr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Circulation problems??

Hey guys,

I was going to post this in the misc. section of the forum, but being a powerlifter i wanted to see if you guys have had similar problems. Here lately ive been having problems with my arms falling asleep at random times. At first i speculated that i might be pinching a nerve in my medial interior thoracic, or my lateral interior thoracic. So i started doing heavy pull overs to open up the chest/ arm cavity that the nerves and vessels run through. Its helped a little bit but im still having problems. My question is: has anyone else had this problem? and would supplementing with nitrix by BSN help? 3000mg of AGK per serving 3 times daily would seriously open up my vessels. any thoughts would be appreciated.

Bull-

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I wouldn't use a bodybuilding supplement to treat a medical issue.

I have noticed that as I gain weight my limbs start to fall asleep more, and the falling asleep has gotten more painful. But never random, always after I lay on it wrong or something. I'd see a doctor bro
    771/645/622 Single Ply

COBBER is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COBBER is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COBBER is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COBBER is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COBBER is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COBBER is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COBBER is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COBBER is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COBBER is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COBBER is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COBBER is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Happens to me in bed brah, been thinking about making a thread on this myself. Usually its dead arms, so I just try and sleep on my back.
    Strength is more useful than weakness.

█──█ U Sqwot m8 █──█

bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100)
    If you pinched a nerve, then it is not circulation causing the numbness...it's the pinched nerve.

welchcr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welchcr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welchcr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welchcr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welchcr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welchcr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welchcr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welchcr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welchcr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welchcr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welchcr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by COBBER View Post
    Happens to me in bed brah, been thinking about making a thread on this myself. Usually its dead arms, so I just try and sleep on my back.
    yeah me too man. Thats what i meant when i said randomly. i'll just be laying in bed and they'll go numb. i'll try sleeping on my back and see if it helps anything. I'm going to see my doctor as well, hopefully nothing serious.

Bull-

Originally Posted by bigkarl View Post
    If you pinched a nerve, then it is not circulation causing the numbness...it's the pinched nerve.
    i don't know if i pinched a nerve or not, i was just taking a guess at it. I just assumed that it could be either. Lack of blood flow would cause numbness in the limbs also right?

Bull-

BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think the nerves you are referring to are the Medial and Lateral ANTERIOR Thoracic Nerves and this would cause your chest to be weak, it wouldn't have anything to do with your arms or with sensory disruption. Not only that, how the hell would you have an entrapment syndrome of the Medial and Lateral Anterior Thoracic Nerves without having an entrapment syndrome of any other nerves in the area when the MAT and LAT Nerves are derived directly from the medial cord of the brachial plexus and are usually only about 3-4 inches long? To begin, where does your arm go numb? You said that it happens at night.... you weigh 256 lbs. If you lay on your arm it will go numb just because you weigh a lot. Does it happen during the day ever? It is not a blood circulation issue, it is a nervous issue. Does it happen on both sides? Do you have pain in your neck? Do you have weakness in one of your arms or hands? Have you injured your cervical or thoracic vertebrae ever? Do you have pain in your trapezius on either side? Was there a specific event that triggered this to happen? Is it constant or intermittent? When you experience the numbness do you also experience tingling? a burning sensation? shooting electrical sensations? involuntary muscular contractions? muscle cramps? itching of the area? skin discoloration? excessive sweating of the area? Are you a diabetic? Have you ever had an autoimmune disorder? Have you been treated with Chemotherapy drugs for any reason? Do you have HIV? Do you have a family history of hereditary chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy? Can you swallow? Blink? Speak? Does your hand shake when it goes numb?.........
    1st Strongman Competition May 3rd, 2014

threllum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) threllum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) threllum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) threllum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) threllum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) threllum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) threllum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) threllum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) threllum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) threllum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) threllum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Usually, but not always, numbness and tingling of an arm or leg is representative of a type of neuropathy or nerve entrapment. Other causes include stroke, multiple sclerosis, hyperventilation, anxiety, vitamin deficiencies, and anemia's. In my practice, the most common form of limb numbness is that of nerve compression either at the
    spinal level, or in the shoulder, pelvis or limb muscles directly.
    Some common forms of limb numbness diagnosis are carpal tunnel syndrome, thoracic outlet, ulnar neuritis, disk herniation, spinal stenosis, sciatica, and piriformis syndrome. There is considerable dispute as to why or how we develop these conditions. Often there are several factors that lead up to these problems in the limbs.

i found this on a website. i'd see a doctor.
    Training for my first meet.
    Goal: 1305 total
    466 squat
    361 bench
    478 dead

BrobiWanKenobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrobiWanKenobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrobiWanKenobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrobiWanKenobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrobiWanKenobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrobiWanKenobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrobiWanKenobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrobiWanKenobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrobiWanKenobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrobiWanKenobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrobiWanKenobi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If it really is a circulation problem I'd suggest doing some cardio before taking a pill but as others have said I'd probably see a doctor too.

bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by welchcr1 View Post
    i don't know if i pinched a nerve or not, i was just taking a guess at it. I just assumed that it could be either. Lack of blood flow would cause numbness in the limbs also right?

Bull-
    True, but it would be weird if u had circulation problems. I went to the doc because often when i lay down, especially on a hard floor, my entire left thigh will go numb and it ended up being a nerve problem.

44pirate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 44pirate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 44pirate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 44pirate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impingement_syndrome

BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BrobiWanKenobi View Post
    If it really is a circulation problem I'd suggest doing some cardio before taking a pill but as others have said I'd probably see a doctor too.
    This is obviously not a circulation problem. Op, answer the questions I asked you in my previous post and I will tell you if you need to go see a physician. It is my profession to diagnose neurological conditions. If you just tell me in detail what your symptoms are then I'll tell you what the problem is.

Originally Posted by BigJon55 View Post
    I think the nerves you are referring to are the Medial and Lateral ANTERIOR Thoracic Nerves and this would cause your chest to be weak, it wouldn't have anything to do with your arms or with sensory disruption. Not only that, how the hell would you have an entrapment syndrome of the Medial and Lateral Anterior Thoracic Nerves without having an entrapment syndrome of any other nerves in the area when the MAT and LAT Nerves are derived directly from the medial cord of the brachial plexus and are usually only about 3-4 inches long? To begin, where does your arm go numb? You said that it happens at night.... you weigh 256 lbs. If you lay on your arm it will go numb just because you weigh a lot. Does it happen during the day ever? It is not a blood circulation issue, it is a nervous issue. Does it happen on both sides? Do you have pain in your neck? Do you have weakness in one of your arms or hands? Have you injured your cervical or thoracic vertebrae ever? Do you have pain in your trapezius on either side? Was there a specific event that triggered this to happen? Is it constant or intermittent? When you experience the numbness do you also experience tingling? a burning sensation? shooting electrical sensations? involuntary muscular contractions? muscle cramps? itching of the area? skin discoloration? excessive sweating of the area? Are you a diabetic? Have you ever had an autoimmune disorder? Have you been treated with Chemotherapy drugs for any reason? Do you have HIV? Do you have a family history of hereditary chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy? Can you swallow? Blink? Speak? Does your hand shake when it goes numb?.........
    Look man im not a doctor, nor do i know anything on the subject, i just spent some time on google, and talking to fellow lifters at the gym that have had the same problem, and am trying to figure it out.

To answer your questions, when my arms go numb its all the way from the rear delt down. and its painful, it take 30 sec. sometimes to get it back to normal. I dont have any weakness in my arms or hands, i don't have any neck pain, i've never injured my back or anything, i have muscle spasms on a regular basis, triceps, biceps, forearms, fingers, tear drop and shoulder. Im not a diabetic, i have no health issues that im aware of and i get check ups on a regular basis. I dont have HIV, or anything else.

As far as how frequent it happens, sometimes ill be sitting at work with my hand down normal, or eating a meal, and the area where my chest ties into my arm, almost underarm begins to go numb, if i dont do anything it will start to go down my arm, if i raise my arm or get up and do some chest stretches it goes away and feels really good actually, thats why i assumed heavy pull overs would help the issue. again i have no medical knowledge like you, but i know there is nerves and blood vessels running through there and i assumed opening that cavity up would help. It happens almost every night. If i sleep on my side of course it happens, ive been sleeping on my back since i started the thread and it has helped alot.

Hope this answers your question man, and thanks for the help

Bull-

sbowesuk is not very well liked. (-100) sbowesuk is not very well liked. (-100) sbowesuk is not very well liked. (-100) sbowesuk is not very well liked. (-100) sbowesuk is not very well liked. (-100) sbowesuk is not very well liked. (-100) sbowesuk is not very well liked. (-100) sbowesuk is not very well liked. (-100) sbowesuk is not very well liked. (-100) sbowesuk is not very well liked. (-100) sbowesuk is not very well liked. (-100)
    I sometimes get numb hands (pinkie, and ring finger plus half the palm area) when I lye flat on my back in bed. Pretty sure that in my case it's restricted circulation from muscle mass pressing against certain blood vessels. When I sit up and move my shoulders and arms about to promote blood flow, I can feel the fresh blood waking the numb areas up almost immediately. It's not something I'm concerned about.

Originally Posted by sbowesuk View Post
    I sometimes get numb hands (pinkie, and ring finger plus half the palm area) when I lye flat on my back in bed. Pretty sure that in my case it's restricted circulation from muscle mass pressing against certain blood vessels. When I sit up and move my shoulders and arms about to promote blood flow, I can feel the fresh blood waking the numb areas up almost immediately. It's not something I'm concerned about.
    This is actually most likely due to an impingement of the Ulnar Nerve between the Median and Lateral Epicondyle of your elbow. It is commonly referred to as Cubital Tunnel Syndrome and it is something you should be concerned about. If it gets worse you can not only lose sensation in the medial aspect of your hand but you can also lose motor control of most of the muscles of the hand.

Originally Posted by welchcr1 View Post
    Look man im not a doctor, nor do i know anything on the subject, i just spent some time on google, and talking to fellow lifters at the gym that have had the same problem, and am trying to figure it out.

To answer your questions, when my arms go numb its all the way from the rear delt down. and its painful, it take 30 sec. sometimes to get it back to normal. I dont have any weakness in my arms or hands, i don't have any neck pain, i've never injured my back or anything, i have muscle spasms on a regular basis, triceps, biceps, forearms, fingers, tear drop and shoulder. Im not a diabetic, i have no health issues that im aware of and i get check ups on a regular basis. I dont have HIV, or anything else.

As far as how frequent it happens, sometimes ill be sitting at work with my hand down normal, or eating a meal, and the area where my chest ties into my arm, almost underarm begins to go numb, if i dont do anything it will start to go down my arm, if i raise my arm or get up and do some chest stretches it goes away and feels really good actually, thats why i assumed heavy pull overs would help the issue. again i have no medical knowledge like you, but i know there is nerves and blood vessels running through there and i assumed opening that cavity up would help. It happens almost every night. If i sleep on my side of course it happens, ive been sleeping on my back since i started the thread and it has helped alot.

Hope this answers your question man, and thanks for the help

Bull-
    That is an interesting problem because it isn't confined to a specific nerve or spinal nerve distribution. Because of this, you are obviously experiencing some sort of referred pain/neuralgia. When the pain goes into the hands which fingers does it effect the most? If it is not specific to either the pinky side of the hand or the thumb side of the hand then my guess would be that you have an inflammatory problem around the shoulder girdle. This could be due to a rotator cuff tear, anterior scapular tilt or inflammation of the muscles around your armpit (coracobrachialis most likely); however, it doesn't sound like a direct nerve syndrome and is definately not due to blood circulation.