Thread: General Advice

OYourBlind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

General Advice

Hey Guys,
    I'm 22, 5'9 (from memory i'm 174cm) and weigh 87 Kilos (190 Pounds).
    I've been on and off with the gym since I was about 15, but alot more off than on.
    I have a fair few questions. I'd say i'm a about 4-7 kilos (8-15 Pounds) overweight for my size.
    I was fairly active throughout my sporting season training maybe 3-4 times a week with 4 different sports, and playing sport all weekend. I have a pretty poor diet but it wasn't noticeable through sport, until now it's off season and i've noticed a slight chance in size.
    I'm a member of a gym, I havn't been for about a month, and i'd say i've been maybe a total 3 months out of this year. Motivation is my key! I've found I'll keep going but once I miss a day or 2 for some reason, i'll stop going, and without a training partner to drag me to the gym I find it hard to get motivation. I'm a University (Collage) Student so time isn't a restraint, but sitting around doing nothing and sitting in class for a short time in the day keeps me unmotivated.
    I've done alot of reading about supplements, exercises and diets over my years so I have a decent knowledge of it.

So basicly, I want to lose say 5 kilos (11 Pounds) or atleast notice a difference in my body fat percentage. I know size is something that comes with time, but I do really want to put on size and stay motivated.
    So my questions are..
    How do you guy's keen yourself motivated, especially when you train alone?
    What diets, or things I should and shouldn't eat? eg Carbs
    Basically any information I can take away from this and use for myself in practice. I can take photos if needed.
    Cheers.
    Daniel