KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Old Marcy multi-gym

So, I got a handle on this old Marcy Physical Fitness Products multi-gym. I don't have the technical savvy to show you a picture, it's going for only fifty bucks, and I can see adding it to my home gym. The guy's got a hyperextension/roman chair that he'll sell me for five more bucks. I'll be picking that up, too.

Here's the description: It's made of chrome-plated steel, like the old Universal machines you'd find in your high school gym in the '70s and '80s. Like the Universal machine, it has a press station, a pulldown station, and a ladder-style sit-up board. It has two selectorized stacks at 180# each and two stacks at 50# each. The smaller stacks attach to a pair of high and low pulleys. The footprint on this thing is only three feet, and it's seven feet tall. The thing has to have been made well before the age of the internet as nothing that looks like it comes up in my searches. I'm a pretty good guesser, and I guess it's built in the '70s or '80s.

I'll take pics of the thing once it's installed in my basement, and I'll get my wife to teach me how to attach a picture. But, I wonder whether anybody has encountered these machines. I'm interested in your advice and counsel.

You know, I recently warned somebody on this very forum to stay away from "anything that has Marcy in its name" for his home gym. I painted with too broad a brush. I guess I hadn't realized then that I'd find such a swell deal on a kinda vintage multi-machine that would add so nicely to my home gym.

Fire at will.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You've piqued my curiosity. Looking forward to the photos...

Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm subbing for pictures.

TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TKDC1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bruce Lee Had One

The late Bruce Lee had one (I remember reading the article somewhere) and apparently regarded it very highly so I'd say it was originally manufactured in the late 1960's/early 1970's. For the $55 you'll be spending between that and the roman chair I'd say that's a steal. Stuff manufactured by Marcy in that time was probably decent...I've seen pictures of Olympic plates from that era and I think they look appropriately hard-core.

If you can post pictures I'd appreciate. Good luck with your purchase.

Originally Posted by KeithTheSnake View Post
    So, I got a handle on this old Marcy Physical Fitness Products multi-gym. I don't have the technical savvy to show you a picture, it's going for only fifty bucks, and I can see adding it to my home gym. The guy's got a hyperextension/roman chair that he'll sell me for five more bucks. I'll be picking that up, too.

Here's the description: It's made of chrome-plated steel, like the old Universal machines you'd find in your high school gym in the '70s and '80s. Like the Universal machine, it has a press station, a pulldown station, and a ladder-style sit-up board. It has two selectorized stacks at 180# each and two stacks at 50# each. The smaller stacks attach to a pair of high and low pulleys. The footprint on this thing is only three feet, and it's seven feet tall. The thing has to have been made well before the age of the internet as nothing that looks like it comes up in my searches. I'm a pretty good guesser, and I guess it's built in the '70s or '80s.

I'll take pics of the thing once it's installed in my basement, and I'll get my wife to teach me how to attach a picture. But, I wonder whether anybody has encountered these machines. I'm interested in your advice and counsel.

You know, I recently warned somebody on this very forum to stay away from "anything that has Marcy in its name" for his home gym. I painted with too broad a brush. I guess I hadn't realized then that I'd find such a swell deal on a kinda vintage multi-machine that would add so nicely to my home gym.

Fire at will.

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I hope your purchase included the groovy white gym clothing.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    At that price it sounds like you got a great deal.

Marcy actually used to make really nice stuff. But the brand got bought out as so many do and turned into crap.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    This thread piqued my curiousness as I had just seen something called Marcy at the local Wal-Mart yesterday:

Couldn't be that bad eh? Was tempted to buy it but the stack only goes up to 120lbs. I'm sure I could get some use out of that for triceps for a long while but even with lats as weak as mine I'd probably outgrow that for pulldowns quickly.

This makes me wonder if some people switch to doing 1-arm pulldowns? I guess doing it with the widest grips could make it more difficult.

I hate how all these home gyms all seem to have pec fly options but no rear delt fly options.

KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post

I hope your purchase included the groovy white gym clothing.
    That's it! That's the model, set up not showing the slant board. Thank you.