Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Aspiring NPC Bodybuilder HeliumTwoPlus's Avatar
    HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Diet Finally Finished!! (fixed pics)

Sup brahs

Been dieting for the past ten weeks...it was just for fun really. I started it in memory of zyzz (RIP) and I feel I would have made him proud with my newly acquired aesthetics. I also wanted to see what I looked like at a low BF%. I'm pretty happy with the results and I am now considering competing NPC Teen in the spring/summer...

Ran EC stack for the past ~6 weeks of the total 10 weeks (via Bronkaid). Did cardio for like the first week and realized that I could manage without it so I haven't done any since then.

I'm 19, 5'7", weighed 157.2 this morning (lowest I've been in like 3 years), all my measurements are on my bodyspace if you're curious. I dieted down from 185.

I did a simulated 'peak week' this past week as well. Probably could have turned out better since this was probably one of the most stressful weeks I've gone through in a while (prelims + physics major lol).

If I had competed, I probably would have wanted two-three more weeks of dieting. I could use some input here though since I don't know lol.

Anyways, here are the results:

A pic to give you an idea of where I started:

(Obviously looked a lot bigger in clothes then than I do now LOL)
    This was after a chest workout I assume since I look pretty pumped.

And now....the finished product!

I'd love to hear anyone's input on what my strengths/weaknesses are and what I need to work on. I'm always looking to improve! Thanks.

Zyzz would have been proud
    Last edited by HeliumTwoPlus; 10-09-2011 at 10:44 AM.
    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PrepareYourAngus
    Best Gym Lifts: 335B/500S/475D (all with belt)

Rise Up From Muspelheim cdeffenbaugh's Avatar
    cdeffenbaugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cdeffenbaugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cdeffenbaugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cdeffenbaugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cdeffenbaugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cdeffenbaugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cdeffenbaugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cdeffenbaugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cdeffenbaugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cdeffenbaugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cdeffenbaugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    good job bro

HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeliumTwoPlus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thanks man, any tips on what I need to bring up?

Rise Up From Muspelheim cdeffenbaugh's Avatar
    cdeffenbaugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cdeffenbaugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cdeffenbaugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cdeffenbaugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cdeffenbaugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cdeffenbaugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cdeffenbaugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cdeffenbaugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cdeffenbaugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cdeffenbaugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cdeffenbaugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    no just keep doing what your doing bro

dabul2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabul2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabul2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabul2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabul2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabul2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabul2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabul2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabul2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabul2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabul2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i dont see any pics!

Originally Posted by cdeffenbaugh View Post
    no just keep doing what your doing bro
    alright haha
    Originally Posted by dabul2003 View Post
    i dont see any pics!
    notsureifsrs, there are like 8 pictures that all show up for me lol

TREZi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TREZi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TREZi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TREZi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TREZi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TREZi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TREZi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TREZi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TREZi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TREZi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TREZi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Dont see pics eighter brah
    Dedication Doesn't Take Time Off

Originally Posted by TREZi View Post
    Dont see pics eighter brah
    You guys seriously aren't seeing pics? Is there any reason why I can? And the first poster to respond? Should I reupload with another image hosting site?

DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000) DrTorpedo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HeliumTwoPlus View Post
    You guys seriously aren't seeing pics? Is there any reason why I can? And the first poster to respond? Should I reupload with another image hosting site?
    Yes, because I can't see them either.

Originally Posted by DrTor**** View Post
    Yes, because I can't see them either.
    Ok, that's really weird. What image hosting site should I use?

Ok just reuploaded them all on imgur, let me know if it worked.

ZeusFG is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeusFG is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeusFG is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeusFG is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeusFG is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeusFG is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeusFG is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeusFG is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeusFG is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeusFG is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeusFG is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    awesome. 'mirin quad striations. diet and routine??

irishbarry is just really nice. (+1000) irishbarry is just really nice. (+1000) irishbarry is just really nice. (+1000) irishbarry is just really nice. (+1000) irishbarry is just really nice. (+1000) irishbarry is just really nice. (+1000) irishbarry is just really nice. (+1000) irishbarry is just really nice. (+1000) irishbarry is just really nice. (+1000) irishbarry is just really nice. (+1000) irishbarry is just really nice. (+1000)
    awesome progress man, seems like u loss no muscle during your cut
    <<<***Boston misc crew***>>>

intra09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intra09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intra09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intra09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intra09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intra09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intra09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intra09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intra09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intra09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intra09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great definition, you obviously know what you are doing so just keep at it.
    “Nothing really worth having comes quickly and easily. If it did, I doubt that we would ever grow.”
    - Eknath Easwaran

“We may think there is willpower involved, but more likely change is due to want power. Wanting the new addiction more than the old one. Wanting the new me in preference to the person I am now.”
    - George Sheehan

EyalZamir has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EyalZamir has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EyalZamir has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EyalZamir has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EyalZamir has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EyalZamir has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EyalZamir has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EyalZamir has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EyalZamir has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EyalZamir has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EyalZamir has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    looks like your right arm are much bigger than the left

snoooks will become famous soon enough. (+50) snoooks will become famous soon enough. (+50) snoooks will become famous soon enough. (+50) snoooks will become famous soon enough. (+50) snoooks will become famous soon enough. (+50) snoooks will become famous soon enough. (+50) snoooks will become famous soon enough. (+50) snoooks will become famous soon enough. (+50) snoooks will become famous soon enough. (+50) snoooks will become famous soon enough. (+50) snoooks will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    at what cals deficit u were those 10 weeks?

Originally Posted by ZeusFG View Post
    awesome. 'mirin quad striations. diet and routine??
    thanks man. diet and routine change all the time, but during my cut i relied mainly on eggs, whole wheat bread, natural cheese, skim milk, greek yogurt, protein shakes, chicken breast, tuna, olive oil, and diet soda. my routine for the last few months has been monday chest/shoulders/tris, tuesday back/bis/abs, wednesday legs, thursday chest/shoulders/tris, friday back/bis/abs. i ran power hypertrophy (layne nortons routine) all summer for about three months. i ran madcow 5x5 for like 15 weeks last fall/winter.
    Originally Posted by irishbarry View Post
    awesome progress man, seems like u loss no muscle during your cut
    thanks man. i probably could have kept my protein higher during my cut since i was only taking in about 180g a day but i suppose i maintained most of it.
    Originally Posted by intra09 View Post
    Great definition, you obviously know what you are doing so just keep at it.
    appreciate it dude.
    Originally Posted by EyalZamir View Post
    looks like your right arm are much bigger than the left
    is the asymmetry really that apparent? its only like a 1/4 inch difference but if it's that obvious then i should definitely address it.
    Originally Posted by snoooks View Post
    at what cals deficit u were those 10 weeks?
    well its hard to say. my maintenance is rather high, it was about 3300 ish at the start of my diet. i started out around 2500-2700, and slowly went down to about 2100-2200 daily average. during peak weak it was probably 1800 average (which was honestly probably too low).

I did two refeeds a week for the past ~5 weeks. on normal days id do around 180g protein, 50g fat, 150g carbs (roughly), and on refeed days id do about 160g protein, 30g fat, and like 400g carbs.

H1DROS1S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) H1DROS1S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) H1DROS1S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) H1DROS1S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) H1DROS1S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) H1DROS1S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) H1DROS1S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) H1DROS1S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) H1DROS1S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) H1DROS1S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) H1DROS1S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    really impressive. goal physique

Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Holy fuark at your legs. Your entire physique is impressive, but I'm seriously mirin' hard at your legs.

Also you had diet soda while on EC? Isn't that not recommended?
    "The tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goals to reach."

Registered User RubberGuard2010's Avatar
    RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No weakness' there brah, just mass all over! Awesome condition!

Pakoe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pakoe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pakoe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pakoe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pakoe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pakoe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pakoe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pakoe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pakoe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pakoe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pakoe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sweet lord, that's sick! Good job!
    **l**MISC GIF CREW**l**
    ++ Positive Crew ++

oguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) oguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) oguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) oguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) oguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) oguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) oguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) oguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) oguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) oguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) oguy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wow man you look fkn sick
    your body is my goal now
    i might be in love with CamelJockey. i cant stand that cute friendly face of him.(no homo)

sha77ab is on a distinguished road. (+10) sha77ab is on a distinguished road. (+10) sha77ab is on a distinguished road. (+10) sha77ab is on a distinguished road. (+10) sha77ab is on a distinguished road. (+10) sha77ab is on a distinguished road. (+10) sha77ab is on a distinguished road. (+10) sha77ab is on a distinguished road. (+10) sha77ab is on a distinguished road. (+10) sha77ab is on a distinguished road. (+10) sha77ab is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dude you've done a great work. Just what supplements did you take? And how much did you weigh at the first day of your diet?

xLiddyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xLiddyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xLiddyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xLiddyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xLiddyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xLiddyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xLiddyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xLiddyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xLiddyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xLiddyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xLiddyx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    10 Weeks!?!?! wish I could rep bro!

Blooms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blooms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blooms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blooms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blooms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blooms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blooms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blooms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blooms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blooms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blooms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Freaking amazing for 10 weeks

Originally Posted by H1DROS1S View Post
    really impressive. goal physique
    Originally Posted by Ninjazn View Post
    Holy fuark at your legs. Your entire physique is impressive, but I'm seriously mirin' hard at your legs.

Also you had diet soda while on EC? Isn't that not recommended?
    Originally Posted by RubberGuard2010 View Post
    No weakness' there brah, just mass all over! Awesome condition!
    Originally Posted by Pakoe View Post
    Sweet lord, that's sick! Good job!
    Originally Posted by oguy View Post
    wow man you look fkn sick
    your body is my goal now
    Originally Posted by sha77ab View Post
    Dude you've done a great work. Just what supplements did you take? And how much did you weigh at the first day of your diet?
    Originally Posted by xLiddyx View Post
    10 Weeks!?!?! wish I could rep bro!
    Originally Posted by Blooms View Post
    Freaking amazing for 10 weeks
    Thanks for all the encouragement everyone!!

Yes I had some diet soda on EC, which is not recommended, but I didn't notice any adverse reactions. This doesn't necessarily mean it's safe but it is what it is I guess lol

Supplements included jack3d (first few weeks only), creatine mono, opti-men, fish oil, protein+dextrose, xtend, EC stack, and occasionally 1,3-dimeth and BA with my creatine pre-workout. I weighed 185 when I started. Lost a lot of water pretty quickly in the first couple weeks though.

Also, in case anyone is curious...my legs seems to be one of my strong points, and for years, the ONLY thing I really did was squat, and heavy. I seriously believe you can make huge progress with just squatting. I worked out at home for many years and didn't have access to a leg press or any fancy machinery. I ran smolov squat cycle twice and worked up to a 470 belted+wrapped squat this past summer.

edit: also worth noting that I squat VERY deep. as deep as I physically can for the most part, even on heavy sets (although I admit I do bounce a little off my hams/calves)

nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    beast!
    JUST SQUAT IT!

JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000)
    the king would def be proud...

deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HeliumTwoPlus View Post

I did a simulated 'peak week' this past week as well. Probably could have turned out better since this was probably one of the most stressful weeks I've gone through in a while (prelims + physics major lol).

If I had competed, I probably would have wanted two-three more weeks of dieting. I could use some input here though since I don't know lol.

I'd love to hear anyone's input on what my strengths/weaknesses are and what I need to work on. I'm always looking to improve! Thanks.
    Great Job!

You might want to post this over in the Contest prep section;
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

You'll get input regarding your questions.

I did a whole dry run diet the year before my first contest.
    It helped greatly when the real prep came around.

What's the Bronkaid used for?
    She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

1st Place Masters Over 60 Bodybuilding 2014