.aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Anyone on a Bulgarian program?

or something that involves low volume, high frequency working with 90%+ percentages?

Something similar to what the following two do (squatting every other day, using weights in the 90-100%+ range):

Inb4 viktorious

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Westside would be kind of like low volume high intenity which is more geared towards powerlifters.
    updated 2011
    Hw-Alistair overeem, Brock lesnar, Sergei Kharitonov
    Lhw-jon jones, Gegard Mousasi, Lyoto machida
    Mw-Chael sonnen, Yushin Okami, Ronaldo souza
    ww-Jake shields, Ben Askren, Josh Koscheck
    lw-Bj penn, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Eddie Alvarez
    fw-jose aldo, Hatsu Hioki, Kenny Florian
    bw-Urijah Faber

ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I need to upload my new videos...

I finally found a software online that can edit my MP4 videos!

kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    there is a guy that works out at average bros as a powerlifter named jacobi jordan on a bulgarianesque training style that is the only person i no of
    Magic wand,MAKE MY MONSTER GROOOWWWW!!!!!!!!-Rita Repulsa

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Last winter I did it (for oly). 10x sessions a week, 1rm in back squat+either both of the classic lifts or 1 lift+front squat every session

Never got sore. Never really felt weaker, just started to hate training. Trainin became about as exciting as my morning drive to work after the whole 'wow I'm doing this I'm so badass' feeling went away
    Results
    Back squat- 445->455
    Front squat 225->385
    C+J- 60->90 kilos
    Snatch 40->80 kilos

The Bulgarians did use a lot of volume though, tons of doubles and singles after the max attempt.
    771/645/622 Single Ply

feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Torrtrefireto View Post
    Last winter I did it (for oly). 10x sessions a week, 1rm in back squat+either both of the classic lifts or 1 lift+front squat every session

Never got sore. Never really felt weaker, just started to hate training. Trainin became about as exciting as my morning drive to work after the whole 'wow I'm doing this I'm so badass' feeling went away
    Results
    Back squat- 445->455
    Front squat 225->385
    C+J- 60->90 kilos
    Snatch 40->80 kilos

The Bulgarians did use a lot of volume though, tons of doubles and singles after the max attempt.
    How long approximately was the length of time you did this?

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by feces99 View Post
    How long approximately was the length of time you did this?
    I made a thread about it but can't find it. I think about 60 days?

I ended up having to stop because after hitting my 385 front squat PR I then went for a 385 back squat and pulled something. Was mad because it was only 385. Its hard to care enough to stay tight when you do it 10x a week

I like the idea of it... I just didn't enjoy it in practice, but I am glad I did it for the experience. I will say Russian Squat kicked my ass way worse than mini-bulgiarian system. And if/when I do smolov I bet that will be much harder too
    771/645/622 Single Ply

ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

I know this feeling. Guys who can barrell through this are the ones who make the best gains. A huge part of it is mental.

Originally Posted by ViKtoricus View Post
    I know this feeling. Guys who can barrell through this are the ones who make the best gains. A huge part of it is mental.
    I agree, but I would rather enjoy my training than make the best gains
    771/645/622 Single Ply

feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So, you would say that this has given you the best gains for the time?

So, you would say that this has given you the best gains for the time?
    Hell nah, front squat went up but nothing else really did. 3x a week train each day as hard as I can has given me the best gains
    771/645/622 Single Ply

brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm doing something similar. It involves maxing 2x per week in bench and squat, 1-2x per week in DL. Here are the results of the first wave:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post759470033

Is training supposed to be fun?

Everytime I'm supposed to do clean+jerks with 90% of my max for two sets of doubles, I get VERY scared.

But that's how I improved!!

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes.

asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by .aeterna View Post
    or something that involves low volume, high frequency working with 90%+ percentages?

Something similar to what the following two do (squatting every other day, using weights in the 90-100%+ range):

inb4 viktorious

i'm currently d0ing deads and squats 3x a week AL0NG WITH THE 0THER MAIN LIFTS and i'm feeling fine. As l0ng as y0u d0n't g0 t0 failure y0u'll be fine.

Everytime I'm supposed to do clean+jerks with 90% of my max for two sets of doubles, I get VERY scared.

But that's how I improved!!
    Scared wasn't an emotion I felt even with 100+% backsquats in the bulgrian system. I could not get my heart rate above resting for any sort of training.

And yes, we are all amateur lifters who do it as a fun hobby. I don't do things that are neitehr fun nor make me money
    771/645/622 Single Ply

brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    We're scared for you.

kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    when your hobby starts to be work the fun is gone.
    i was playing classical guitar for several hours a day because i had to to maintain that many pieces.
    then i realized the thing i love to do now sucks cock because im enslaved by it.
    enjoy lifting first,because if u only like it when u hit pr's then get used to dissapointment
    Magic wand,MAKE MY MONSTER GROOOWWWW!!!!!!!!-Rita Repulsa

(Edited for the warning)
    Last edited by ViKtoricus; 10-07-2011 at 07:30 PM.

Scared wasn't an emotion I felt even with 100+% backsquats in the bulgrian system.

Back squats and front squats shouldn't really be that stressful. The stress doesn't come from the discomfort, but from the fact that you have to hit the execution perfectly. If the bar is a few inches off when you are at the bottom position of a snatch, you will almost certainly fail the lift. That always comes with a disappointment.

Now imagine having to have that stress almost everytime you train...

not actually a goose goosefrabbas's Avatar
    goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ok.
    Meet: 440/248/485 = 1173@144 sp

My powerlifting log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135067661&page=39

Back squats and front squats shouldn't really be that stressful. The stress doesn't come from the discomfort, but from the fact that you have to hit the execution perfectly. If the bar is a few inches off when you are at the bottom position of a snatch, you will almost certainly fail the lift. That always comes with a disappointment.

Now imagine having to have that stress almost everytime you train...
    When you squat 100kg it might not be stressful. If and when you ever squat 200kg then you will know.
    771/645/622 Single Ply

(Edited because it turns out I am right, like always.)
    Last edited by ViKtoricus; 10-07-2011 at 08:07 PM.

pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I did it for 2.5 months or so, increased my squat from 185 to 345 in that span. trained 5 times in a day once.
    Back squats and front squats shouldn't really be that stressful.
    I remember broz said squatting heavy should become as routine as walking down the street. this actually happened for me. it was the easiest thing in the world after a couple of weeks.

Originally Posted by pandaraper View Post
    I did it for 2.5 months or so, increased my squat from 185 to 345 in that span. trained 5 times in a day once.

I remember broz said squatting heavy should become as routine as walking down the street. this actually happened for me. it was the easiest thing in the world after a couple of weeks.

Well there you go. I'm right, like always.

Thanks for the input!

Well there you go. I'm right, like always.

Thanks for the input!
    He was a noob then. Advanced lifters work differently. Try and realize that whatever works best for someone is what they should do. If some guy got the best results from going to the gym twice a week, would you tell him that he's doing it wrong because he's not going 24? Different strokes for different folks, try and be mature enough to acknowledge that.

pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    He was a noob then. Advanced lifters work differently. Try and realize that whatever works best for someone is what they should do. If some guy got the best results from going to the gym twice a week, would you tell him that he's doing it wrong because he's not going 24? Different strokes for different folks, try and be mature enough to acknowledge that.
    I agree 100%. I used to be very close minded but now I realize there are different ways to achieve your goals and everyone is different.