Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ju5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ju5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ju5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ju5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ju5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Female & Protein shakes :S

Hi,
    Im new to the site and I'm also new to using any type of protein shakes.. from frequent gyming i have slimmed down to the size i am happy with but now i am just concentrating on toning and defining my muscles (stomach, arms, etc.) (Not wanting to bulk!!)

Today i purchased "maxi muscle high protein promax" and I'm wondering if this is suitable for women and for what I'm aiming to do?

Thanks in advance.

MerkyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) MerkyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) MerkyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) MerkyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) MerkyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) MerkyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) MerkyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) MerkyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) MerkyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) MerkyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) MerkyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Looks like it's just protein, which is just about the best macronutrient available for losing fat (a.k.a. 'toning and defining muscles'). Use it if you can't get .75-1 grams/pound (.35-.5 grams/kg) of your bodyweight from lean meat/fat free dairy/beans and whole grains.

It won't make you get muscled like a guy, don't worry.

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bulking is achieved by eating a caloric excess, not by a particular brand of protein powder. If only it were that easy.

Protein powder is just food. It is no more gender specific than chicken or steak.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

shagwag3n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shagwag3n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shagwag3n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shagwag3n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shagwag3n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shagwag3n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shagwag3n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shagwag3n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shagwag3n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shagwag3n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shagwag3n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    Bulking is achieved by eating a caloric excess, not by a particular brand of protein powder. If only it were that easy.

Protein powder is just food. It is no more gender specific than chicken or steak.
    yeah but it's amazing how many women shy away from protein shakes bc they think it'll make them into she-hulk :P

digler84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) digler84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) digler84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) digler84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) digler84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) digler84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) digler84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) digler84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) digler84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) digler84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) digler84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Its amazing how much misinformation is out there in the general public. The girls at my work think my protein is steroids in a can when I get a shipment. One totally freaked out when I told her I use creatine...she thought I was going to die from it. The other funny thing is with women, they fall into one of two categories in general: (the general public, not the women that have knowledge of bodybuilding)

1. Im not going to take protein/lift weights, I don't want to look like one of those bodybuilder beasts.
    or
    2. I just bought some biggest loser protein at walmart, I should drop 50 pounds any day now(and they don't exercise at all).

If only it was that easy.
    Last edited by digler84; 10-05-2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: clarification so as not to be reamed by women :)

Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    as long as its just protein it wont cause any excess gain. Well unless the calories put you over your desired intake
    🎄⛄🎄In🎄⛄🎄

Registered User FitnessFreek101's Avatar
    FitnessFreek101 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessFreek101 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessFreek101 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessFreek101 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessFreek101 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessFreek101 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessFreek101 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessFreek101 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessFreek101 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessFreek101 is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessFreek101 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Soy protein is the normal choice of women. Look for a quality soy protein shake.
    All The HGH Information You Ever Wanted!! http://21stcenturyhgh.com

justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by FitnessFreek101 View Post
    Soy protein is the normal choice of women. Look for a quality soy protein shake.
    why?

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by justfive View Post
    why?
    Because female muscles are at a cellular level, different from male muscles...
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

Ju5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ju5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ju5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ju5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ju5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm using it straight after a workout at the gym in replacement for a snack in my meal plan. I bought this powder as it is low in fat and carbs

Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supplement-Slut has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Last I checked protein powders don't discriminate against any gender, race or religion

mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What baffles me the most about this thread topic and others like it..... HOW do you go buy something and THEN ask if you should take it?

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FitnessFreek101 View Post
    Originally Posted by mobikwa View Post
    Please leave.

PissinxOnxRoidz will become famous soon enough. (+50) PissinxOnxRoidz will become famous soon enough. (+50) PissinxOnxRoidz will become famous soon enough. (+50) PissinxOnxRoidz will become famous soon enough. (+50) PissinxOnxRoidz will become famous soon enough. (+50) PissinxOnxRoidz will become famous soon enough. (+50) PissinxOnxRoidz will become famous soon enough. (+50) PissinxOnxRoidz will become famous soon enough. (+50) PissinxOnxRoidz will become famous soon enough. (+50) PissinxOnxRoidz will become famous soon enough. (+50) PissinxOnxRoidz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Please leave.
    . Strong post to signature ratio

FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

this
    {:DSC:}

Yellow teeth? - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148412423

Originally Posted by PissinxOnxRoidz View Post
    . Strong post to signature ratio
    ???

Originally Posted by mikz86ta View Post
    What baffles me the most about this thread topic and others like it..... HOW do you go buy something and THEN ask if you should take it?
    I could have easily gone back to the store and exchanged it... I simply asked a question and I got good feedback from people. If you're not answering the question then don't post. Chill out.

mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ju5 View Post
    I could have easily gone back to the store and exchanged it... I simply asked a question and I got good feedback from people. If you're not answering the question then don't post. Chill out.
    I am free to make a statement about an observation of how dumb people can be. If you want to go in every GNC and let them sell you $1000 of worthless crap, then go right ahead. Waste your time.
    Just pointing out the fact you should research a bit for your health sake before jumping into supplements. Enjoy your stay here

justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am free to make a statement about an observation of how dumb people can be. If you want to go in every GNC and let them sell you $1000 of worthless crap, then go right ahead. Waste your time.
    Just pointing out the fact you should research a bit for your health sake before jumping into supplements. Enjoy your stay here
    as a general rule you dont buy PHs and then ask for advice. You dont buy test boosters and then ask if they work.

But in practice, this is a thread about protein. ideally it would be good to have info on what you just bought, but its really a harmless mistake.

To point Ju5 into the right direction, check out a few stickies in the nutrition section on macronutrients and the different goals. it will give you a more holistic view on dieting as well as supplementation, and you'll be able to put the use of a protein powder better in perspective.

Other than that, I feel a connection with OP's screen name

Fair enough.. I obviously asked about it in the store and they told me about it etc. I just wanted to hear some answers from people who use protein all the time.... And it cost £25.00, I didn't stupidly spend £1000 and then ask

Thanks

as a general rule you dont buy PHs and then ask for advice. You dont buy test boosters and then ask if they work.

But in practice, this is a thread about protein. ideally it would be good to have info on what you just bought, but its really a harmless mistake.

To point Ju5 into the right direction, check out a few stickies in the nutrition section on macronutrients and the different goals. it will give you a more holistic view on dieting as well as supplementation, and you'll be able to put the use of a protein powder better in perspective.

Thank you!

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    /Barry White
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Originally Posted by powercage View Post
    /Barry White

Fair enough.. I obviously asked about it in the store and they told me about it etc. I just wanted to hear some answers from people who use protein all the time.... And it cost £25.00, I didn't stupidly spend £1000 and then ask

Thanks
    Fair enough ditto. Its just this happens all the time and some ppl end up doing worse than they should have for their health.
    Like little HS dudes trying to take a jug of Mass Gainer in a month and they can barely lift weights yet....just gonna make em fat.
    Doesnt matter that the GNC guy here knows me well enough after buying there for past 3 yrs, he still tried to sell me certain items and talks them up. Even he knows Im gonna go home and research B4 I buy. But thats what they want you to do, is Impulse shop.
    Yes, I do buy cheaper stuff online but I still go to GNC sometimes cause its local and convenient.
    I like to browse GNC, VitaminShoppe, etc and listen to the sales guys try to talk up stuff to other customers I want to go over there and challenge them sometimes.
    Even on here, someone may try to talk you into a certain product, but just smart to get as much feedback as possible.
    Sorry if I came off like a dickhead, Im really not.

Thanks
    also, since you put in £, I presume you are in the UK. since prices here are high in general, I think that looking for stores online to buy from is going to be a lot more cost effective. Selection of products will be much larger too.

Unless I urgently need to buy something and cant wait for shipping, I just dont bother going to stores in London for my supplements.

cozoner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cozoner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cozoner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cozoner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cozoner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cozoner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cozoner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cozoner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cozoner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cozoner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cozoner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

soy

Originally Posted by mobikwa View Post

No one should consume soy. It tends to mimic estrogen and is linked to breast cancer.

Whey all the way

also, since you put in £, I presume you are in the UK. since prices here are high in general, I think that looking for stores online to buy from is going to be a lot more cost effective. Selection of products will be much larger too.

Unless I urgently need to buy something and cant wait for shipping, I just dont bother going to stores in London for my supplements.
    Yeah I got it from Holland & Barrett and it was on offer. As I say, I'm new to the protein world and I have only just started my new diet so i came here to see if it was suitable for me. Hopefully from the feedback it can help me out the next time i may go to buy

Fair enough ditto. Its just this happens all the time and some ppl end up doing worse than they should have for their health.
    Like little HS dudes trying to take a jug of Mass Gainer in a month and they can barely lift weights yet....just gonna make em fat.
    Doesnt matter that the GNC guy here knows me well enough after buying there for past 3 yrs, he still tried to sell me certain items and talks them up. Even he knows Im gonna go home and research B4 I buy. But thats what they want you to do, is Impulse shop.
    Yes, I do buy cheaper stuff online but I still go to GNC sometimes cause its local and convenient.
    I like to browse GNC, VitaminShoppe, etc and listen to the sales guys try to talk up stuff to other customers I want to go over there and challenge them sometimes.
    Even on here, someone may try to talk you into a certain product, but just smart to get as much feedback as possible.
    Sorry if I came off like a dickhead, Im really not.
    Don't worry about it Im just new to the "body building" world and wanted some answers from people who (i hope) know what they are talking about.

Im just aiming to tone up and I've started a new diet which includes protein shakes.
    Ive only ever gone to the gym and done mostly cardio and weights here and there without any set diet or controlling the amount of protein in it.. but have now decided to become a little more serious about it

I would def research the nutrition section on your diet vs.workout routine. Protein supp only added at times you need it to meet your macros and goals

shagwag3n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shagwag3n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shagwag3n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shagwag3n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shagwag3n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shagwag3n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shagwag3n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shagwag3n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shagwag3n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shagwag3n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shagwag3n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cozoner View Post
    No one should consume soy. It tends to mimic estrogen and is linked to breast cancer.

Whey all the way
    thought that was a myth?