Jon722 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sounds CRAZY to me.... What do you think??

My buddy has been workin out for about 3-6 months. He got really cut and I asked him how he did it and what he was taking. He is basically doing a simple work out plan that I showed him awhile back. He said its a solid workout plan but the reason he is getting results so fast is because he took hydroxycut for the first month and a half. Then started with a protein shake twice a day and nitric oxide before his work out and creatine after his work out.. So he takes 2 protein shakes a day, with nitric oxide, and creatine all in one day... This sounds like alot to me. I have always just stuck by my protein shakes and running lol.. Is this healthy?? I mean you cant argue with his result but is it worth it?

TheSlyKillah is just really nice. (+1000) TheSlyKillah is just really nice. (+1000) TheSlyKillah is just really nice. (+1000) TheSlyKillah is just really nice. (+1000) TheSlyKillah is just really nice. (+1000) TheSlyKillah is just really nice. (+1000) TheSlyKillah is just really nice. (+1000) TheSlyKillah is just really nice. (+1000) TheSlyKillah is just really nice. (+1000) TheSlyKillah is just really nice. (+1000) TheSlyKillah is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's not something I'd do personally, but it sounds okay to me.
    Owner of VonBlancoFitness.com
    Personal Trainer (NSCA)
    Nutrition Consultant (Precision Nutrition)
    Online Coach
    Self-proclaimed Lifehacker

"You have to do what others won't, to achieve what others don't."

I'm your huckleberry. TheGilmore's Avatar
    TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's perfectly fine. Hopefully he's getting 1.5-2 gallons of water a day, especially using the creatine.
    “For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.”—1 Nephi 20:10

Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Man you be surprised at some of the simple programs that exhibit the best results
    Hemavol
    Potassium nitrate
    Reboot
    Phosphatidylserine
    Staples

aekest is a name known to all. (+5000) aekest is a name known to all. (+5000) aekest is a name known to all. (+5000) aekest is a name known to all. (+5000) aekest is a name known to all. (+5000) aekest is a name known to all. (+5000) aekest is a name known to all. (+5000) aekest is a name known to all. (+5000) aekest is a name known to all. (+5000) aekest is a name known to all. (+5000) aekest is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Hansolo261 View Post
    Man you be surprised at some of the simple programs that exhibit the best results
    Ironically this is quite true. What your friend said, is a proper way to supplement, and its not "crazy" at all. Read up on NO and Creatine so you have a better feel for it, and then after educating yourself, get the supplements if they match what you are looking for.

I entered the thread thinking your friend is going to say something like "I eat a banana with my Deer Antler Extract after a workout and I put on 10lbs of lean muscle in 6 weeks". But what you actually posted is quite a standard supplement procedure.
    Deadlift: 315 x 6
    Bench: 225 x 6

"When you really want something, the whole universe conspires in helping you achieve it."

Jon722 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Then I guess Im gonna have to follow his lead on this and do it

xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000)
    His supplement regimen sounds very reasonable and I would venture to guess it is far more conservative than many of those on this site (myself included). The training plan, diet and rest come first and foremost, but supplementation can be a great added bump. Good luck.
    I'm just a man.

snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000) snagency is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jon722 View Post
    So he takes 2 protein shakes a day, with nitric oxide, and creatine all in one day... This sounds like alot to me... Is this healthy??
    my. god.
    that IS crazy!!
    dude is gonna rot his insides.

very basic stuff, and a great protocol for even the most basic of lifters/amateurs to follow.
    welcome to the real world.

SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yep pretty basic IMHO...thought Im sure many of us drink more than 2 shakes a day

bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jon722 View Post
    Then I guess Im gonna have to follow his lead on this and do it
    No.

First of all what you have to do is study up on why it works. Hit the stickies, they explain a lot. A while back there was a guy at the gym I go to who came in with his gym bag packed full of gnc stuff. Some of it made sense, some of didn't. So I asked him about it and he said that it was the same stuff one of the "big guys" is supposed to be taking so he started buying it. He hd no idea what it was or how to use it, but by god he was going to be massive.

It sounds to me like you're not entirely certain about the function of the supplements your friend is taking. So before you go all out and just do whatever he does, I suggest reading. You may find you like a different form of creatine, or you may discover that the whey he's buying has such low quality control standards that it is also used as a rat poison. (Note: humorous exaggeration).

Is your friend on the right track? It sounds like it from what I hear. But until you understand why he's on the right track I wouldn't suggest copying him. I don't mean to discourage you, but I'm a firm believer in understanding why you're doing what you're doing.
    Controlled Labs • Orange Triad | Oximega | Glycergrow

Allmax • Taurine | Creatine Mono | Beta Alanine

Primaforce • Agmatine | Cit. Mal. | COP | ALCAR