Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    liftingdan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingdan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingdan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingdan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingdan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingdan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingdan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingdan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingdan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingdan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingdan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Behdad Salimi with 2 new world records

Iran national team competition before world championship 2011.

Behdad Salaimi 217 256 473

Didn't find videos yet, but:
    http : / / fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/312152_249627221750908_208939265819704_709146_1857 565227_n.jpg remove spaces

Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by liftingdan View Post
    Iran national team competition before world championship 2011.

Behdad Salaimi 217 256 473

Didn't find videos yet, but:
    http : / / fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/312152_249627221750908_208939265819704_709146_1857 565227_n.jpg remove spaces
    He is putting up Soviet era numbers. Can't wait to see the vids.

Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I don't know if that photo is already in the first post because I can't get it to open. This ****ing forum won't let me edit my post.

Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wonder how he will do at the Olympics considering he will have to avoid drug abuse.

Originally Posted by Prevtzer View Post
    I wonder how he will do at the Olympics considering he will have to avoid drug abuse.
    I don't know. But the lift itself is so awesome I can't really comprehend it.

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Prevtzer View Post
    does this crap really have to be brought up every time? You can make the argument that the guys in the b level are abusing just as much as the top guys. Why can't you just appreciate a lift that few humans have or will ever reach regardless of substance use? By the way he was tested and still won at worlds while not peaking or struggling much at all. He is the favorite in 2012 right now.

It just really bugs me and distracts from the amazing achievement, you don't see this crap when like kobe hits 80 points in a game that he is abusing crap out of drugs which he most likely is as well. Yet when a pro lifters hits some unbelievable lifts, which must have taken decades of sacrifice, you just discredit it with 'lol drug user'
    updated 2011
    Hw-Alistair overeem, Brock lesnar, Sergei Kharitonov
    Lhw-jon jones, Gegard Mousasi, Lyoto machida
    Mw-Chael sonnen, Yushin Okami, Ronaldo souza
    ww-Jake shields, Ben Askren, Josh Koscheck
    lw-Bj penn, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Eddie Alvarez
    fw-jose aldo, Hatsu Hioki, Kenny Florian
    bw-Urijah Faber

Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by someonefat View Post
    does this crap really have to be brought up every time? You can make the argument that the guys in the b level are abusing just as much as the top guys. Why can't you just appreciate a lift that few humans have or will ever reach regardless of substance use? By the way he was tested and still won at worlds while not peaking or struggling much at all. He is the favorite in 2012 right now.

It just really bugs me and distracts from the amazing achievement, you don't see this crap when like kobe hits 80 points in a game that he is abusing crap out of drugs which he most likely is as well. Yet when a pro lifters hits some unbelievable lifts, which must have taken decades of sacrifice, you just discredit it with 'lol drug user'
    It doesn't really bug me that much because it is an actual valid point. At this point you can assume most lifters are on some type of drug program. So were the ones from the Soviet era. It doesn't make the lift less impressive because as you mentioned there are tons of other athletes on drugs and they can't snatch 217 overhead.

I doubt Kobe is abusing drugs for performance. The benefit to him would be pretty minimal if not actually detracting from his physical ability. Football players and baseball and cycling are another story.

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Iberian80 View Post
    It doesn't really bug me that much because it is an actual valid point. At this point you can assume most lifters are on some type of drug program. So were the ones from the Soviet era. It doesn't make the lift less impressive because as you mentioned there are tons of other athletes on drugs and they can't snatch 217 overhead.

I doubt Kobe is abusing drugs for performance. The benefit to him would be pretty minimal if not actually detracting from his physical ability. Football players and baseball and cycling are another story.
    how so peds could increase his endurance, ability to recover, ability to keep joints healthy, his strength which helps in every area of the game, his speed, and his explosive power to jump higher dunk ext. You can assume every lifter is on drugs just as equally thats my point, you single out the best in lifting which is ridiculous since you don't do it in other sports. Why can't the discussion just be about how great of a lift this is and how great of a lifter he is like in other sports?
    updated 2011
    Hw-Alistair overeem, Brock lesnar, Sergei Kharitonov
    Lhw-jon jones, Gegard Mousasi, Lyoto machida
    Mw-Chael sonnen, Yushin Okami, Ronaldo souza
    ww-Jake shields, Ben Askren, Josh Koscheck
    lw-Bj penn, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Eddie Alvarez
    fw-jose aldo, Hatsu Hioki, Kenny Florian
    bw-Urijah Faber

Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I can't even begin to appreciate his lifts as those numbers are unimaginable to me, just out of this world, amazing! I was really just wondering as I am pretty sure he wasn't tested at that comp.

breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Haha, a lifter breaks the snatch record--not the new snatch record, but the all-time Soviet juicing era snatch record--and you guys are still thinking, "Wonder how much he'd lift if he wasn't eating sterons?"

I would be going nuts if a PLer broke a SHW record that had been standing for decades. Get inspired, you silly WLers.
    637/390tng/615 - belt/wraps, best gym lifts.
    600/370/600 - best competition lifts.
    575/330/560 - best competition lifts at 181 raw.
    "I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." - 1 Cor 9:27

Originally Posted by breathinglife View Post
    Haha, a lifter breaks the snatch record--not the new snatch record, but the all-time Soviet juicing era snatch record--and you guys are still thinking, "Wonder how much he'd lift if he wasn't eating sterons?"

I would be going nuts if a PLer broke a SHW record that had been standing for decades. Get inspired, you silly WLers.
    This forum is full of nerds, don't expect much from them. There are people who still think there are athletes who are clean, then there are people who get offended when you mention drugs...I respect physical culture and bodybuilding so I know something about them. Drugs have affected sports more than the ****ing barbell! People better get used to it.

how so peds could increase his endurance, ability to recover, ability to keep joints healthy, his strength which helps in every area of the game, his speed, and his explosive power to jump higher dunk ext. You can assume every lifter is on drugs just as equally thats my point, you single out the best in lifting which is ridiculous since you don't do it in other sports. Why can't the discussion just be about how great of a lift this is and how great of a lifter he is like in other sports?
    Not sure what he would be using that is banned and as effective for him as steroids is to lifters.

At any rate I still think it is a valid point because the only thing that counts is if he can do it in a tested comp or even better at the Olympics. There are a lot of lifters with unofficial records that never attain to an official record. Previously you could stay on drugs up to the last couple weeks before a comp. I think with todays testing it will be harder to do that especially at the Olympics and Worlds.

For the record I think he is a monster and will probably set some records if not break the all time records in the snatch and total. He also looks like he will take the gold for this years Worlds only question is if he can handle the pressure of expectations and being on the big stage.

duckhunter9000 is just really nice. (+1000) duckhunter9000 is just really nice. (+1000) duckhunter9000 is just really nice. (+1000) duckhunter9000 is just really nice. (+1000) duckhunter9000 is just really nice. (+1000) duckhunter9000 is just really nice. (+1000) duckhunter9000 is just really nice. (+1000) duckhunter9000 is just really nice. (+1000) duckhunter9000 is just really nice. (+1000) duckhunter9000 is just really nice. (+1000) duckhunter9000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    he did 215/260 - 475 in august as well

gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i wanna see a snatch of 4 reds go up
    jus' sayin

binko is on a distinguished road. (+10) binko is on a distinguished road. (+10) binko is on a distinguished road. (+10) binko is on a distinguished road. (+10) binko is on a distinguished road. (+10) binko is on a distinguished road. (+10) binko is on a distinguished road. (+10) binko is on a distinguished road. (+10) binko is on a distinguished road. (+10) binko is on a distinguished road. (+10) binko is on a distinguished road. (+10)

breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by binko View Post
    I think I just wee-wee'd in my pants.
    637/390tng/615 - belt/wraps, best gym lifts.
    600/370/600 - best competition lifts.
    575/330/560 - best competition lifts at 181 raw.
    "I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." - 1 Cor 9:27

PhD in Broscience crackyflipside's Avatar
    crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Fkn wow...
    Olympic Weightlifting: Cuban Method
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=703396581

Snatch: 97kg
    Clean and jerk: 120kg
    Front squat 160kg
    Back squat: 170kg

disgorge89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) disgorge89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) disgorge89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) disgorge89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) disgorge89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) disgorge89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) disgorge89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) disgorge89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) disgorge89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) disgorge89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) disgorge89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Obv he's fully roided up, but definitely doesn't diminish this accomplishment. Great job, I hope he makes it official in 2k12.

I have thought about it. This is all just silly speculation but he doesn't seem to have a lot of muscle mass, like Mendes. I'd say he might struggle with 200-205 range in the Olympics.

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
    I have thought about it. This is all just silly speculation but he doesn't seem to have a lot of muscle mass, like Mendes. I'd say he might struggle with 200-205 range in the Olympics.
    Bull, he snatched 208 in the last world champs and only narrowly missed 211, I think a 250 clean&jerk as well.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
    Looks like you need to schdule an appointment: http://www.finlandeyecenter.com/onli...ointments.html

raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GoJu View Post
    Bull, he snatched 208 in the last world champs and only narrowly missed 211, I think a 250 clean&jerk as well.
    Yeah. If Chigishev is 100% then Salaimi will just go for the win. If Chigishev stumbles, then I bet he attempts 214, unless he isn't 100% either.
    "However, the strength of the hamstring muscles is crucial to fully exploit the strength potential of the quads and ultimately the vertical force that the athlete is able to impart to the barbell." - Andrew Charniga, Jr.

asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by prevtzer View Post
    i wonder how he will do at the olympics considering he will have to avoid drug abuse.
    they all use

KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000) KevJr88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    People act like you can just do a cycle of roids and put up numbers like this. Roids have probably been a minor part of this guys entire career. In comparison to the natural ability, athelticism, hard work, diet, routine etc.
    Is thou perturbed, brethren? Come forth to a notable degree of proximity, male sibling!

I just said I wonder how he will do with having to deal with WADA and you guys took it as I would've said: "he is on roids, this count for nothing, he is a loser!"
    You guys are so ****ing aggressive when it comes to this stuff. Nobody was undermining his achievement, nobody said he couldn't do it without roids, nobody even really said anything about roids...

mallow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mallow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mallow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mallow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mallow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mallow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mallow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mallow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mallow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mallow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mallow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why you all are so certain that he uses doping? I am sure he has passed many doping tests. If cheating tests is so easy then why other Iranians and Greece and Bulgarian teams etc. failed? Why he can pass tests but others not?
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130442723

feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by mallow View Post
    Why you all are so certain that he uses doping? I am sure he has passed many doping tests. If cheating tests is so easy then why other Iranians and Greece and Bulgarian teams etc. failed? Why he can pass tests but others not?
    I'm not to sound on my lifting politics, but I think he has been caught before.

duckhunter9000 is just really nice. (+1000) duckhunter9000 is just really nice. (+1000) duckhunter9000 is just really nice. (+1000) duckhunter9000 is just really nice. (+1000) duckhunter9000 is just really nice. (+1000) duckhunter9000 is just really nice. (+1000) duckhunter9000 is just really nice. (+1000) duckhunter9000 is just really nice. (+1000) duckhunter9000 is just really nice. (+1000) duckhunter9000 is just really nice. (+1000) duckhunter9000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by feces99 View Post
    I'm not to sound on my lifting politics, but I think he has been caught before.
    You might be thinking of Saeid Alihosseini, the junior wr holder. He failed two tests in 2008 and 2009. At first he was banned for life but after appeal iwf reduced the sanction to 12 years for trolling purposes.

pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pandaraper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by duckhunter9000 View Post
    You might be thinking of Saeid Alihosseini, the junior wr holder. He failed two tests in 2008 and 2009. At first he was banned for life but after appeal iwf reduced the sanction to 12 years for trolling purposes.
    that's so gay. anyway what the hell is Iran doing differently from everyone else that they have produced three super dominant 105+ lifters in the past 12 years or so? salimi looks like he's going to win pretty much everything for a while.