Turbojacket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbojacket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbojacket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbojacket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Rate my 3 months of work.

Goal has been to bulk. Never weighed more than 145 in my life until now. Still way more to go, but it's been a good start!

June 2011 to Sep 2011
    137-162 lbs

image-11.jpg

usopppp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usopppp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usopppp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you gained muscle but also a condsiderable amount of fat

Turbojacket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbojacket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbojacket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbojacket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by usopppp View Post
    you gained muscle but also a condsiderable amount of fat
    Cut time? I feel no different. 14% BF according to the gym today.

TheSecondName will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSecondName will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSecondName will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSecondName will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSecondName will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSecondName will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSecondName will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSecondName will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSecondName will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSecondName will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSecondName will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    your waistline has increased too...

watch your carb intake.

Wacethetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wacethetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wacethetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wacethetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wacethetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wacethetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wacethetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wacethetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wacethetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wacethetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wacethetic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Turbojacket View Post
    Cut time? I feel no different. 14% BF according to the gym today.
    what do you mean by this, how was ur bf% measured?

They had me hold this thing and put all my stats into it. Weight, height, etc. It gave me a number. Now I'm sure there are way better tests out there. I'm more interested in the proper way to cut carbs and maintain the muscle.

I hear that 2g per day per pound is kinda a rule of thumb. And no processed white carbs. What you you guys suggest me doing based on my photos? I can bulk apparently, but now I feel as if I need to do a mini cut to get the additional fat removed.

Am I thinking correctly? Lease remember I've only been into this for 3 months and I am a total noob.

jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TheSecondName View Post
    your waistline has increased too...

watch your carb intake.
    dont worry about carbs op. Just make sure your hitting your macros and you'll be fine.
    Your cage has no bars.

8oo8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 8oo8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 8oo8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 8oo8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 8oo8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 8oo8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 8oo8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 8oo8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 8oo8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 8oo8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 8oo8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jonnyspaghettio View Post
    dont worry about carbs op. Just make sure your hitting your macros and you'll be fine.
    This ^

Owens88tx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    get your macros right and lift hard and heavy GL

This is not a plan I've been hitting but rather just now starting. I plan to get 200g protein and at least 3500 Cals.

Good or recipe for disaster fat gain? Advice on the specific would be cool if y'all got the time.

Again I'm 5"7 and weigh 160-164 ish daily. Looking to bulk to 180 (too ambitious?)

Oh and I'm 27 years old.

Thanks.

Official Misc Motivator whelap2's Avatar
    whelap2 is just really nice. (+1000) whelap2 is just really nice. (+1000) whelap2 is just really nice. (+1000) whelap2 is just really nice. (+1000) whelap2 is just really nice. (+1000) whelap2 is just really nice. (+1000) whelap2 is just really nice. (+1000) whelap2 is just really nice. (+1000) whelap2 is just really nice. (+1000) whelap2 is just really nice. (+1000) whelap2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Turbojacket View Post
    This is not a plan I've been hitting but rather just now starting. I plan to get 200g protein and at least 3500 Cals.

Good or recipe for disaster fat gain? Advice on the specific would be cool if y'all got the time.

Again I'm 5"7 and weigh 160-164 ish daily. Looking to bulk to 180 (too ambitious?)

Oh and I'm 27 years old.

Thanks.
    I would think 3500 might be a bit much for you. That is right around what I eat and I weigh considerably more.

I would suggest doing 3000-3200 for a week or two. Try and cut the calories from carbs & fats, 180-200g protein should be perfect for you. The goal should probably be .75-1 lb/week, and it looks like you are gaining a little faster than that (of course some of that is probably water if that 137 lb was before you started lifting at all)

It does look like you gained more fat than you want too, which is the main reason I suggest reducing calories slightly. Alternatively, adding in some more cardio is a very good option as well (better, IMO, if you can handle it)

Either way I think you are right to try to keep bulking. If you cut now you will undo a lot of your gains, try to hit 180 (I think that is a good target) then re-evaluate. The goal here would be to hit 180 in another 3-4 months, so if you hit it 7 weeks from now you are eating too much.

How has your strength progressed?
    Rep back all who request it
    Engineers | Connecticut | NY Giants Fans | Runners

Justice87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justice87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justice87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justice87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justice87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justice87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justice87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justice87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justice87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justice87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justice87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it may be too early to tell if this will be a successful bulk.

a lot of people confuse fat for being bloated.. news flash- when you bulk and eat above maint. especially with high carbs and sodium, you will hold a lot of water weight. ...and most ppl hold water weight primarily around their abdomen. go figure.. lol.

I would keep at it, but just remember; the more mass you add the longer and more painful the cut will be.

Originally Posted by whelap2 View Post
    I would think 3500 might be a bit much for you. That is right around what I eat and I weigh considerably more.

I would suggest doing 3000-3200 for a week or two. Try and cut the calories from carbs & fats, 180-200g protein should be perfect for you. The goal should probably be .75-1 lb/week, and it looks like you are gaining a little faster than that (of course some of that is probably water if that 137 lb was before you started lifting at all)

It does look like you gained more fat than you want too, which is the main reason I suggest reducing calories slightly. Alternatively, adding in some more cardio is a very good option as well (better, IMO, if you can handle it)

Either way I think you are right to try to keep bulking. If you cut now you will undo a lot of your gains, try to hit 180 (I think that is a good target) then re-evaluate. The goal here would be to hit 180 in another 3-4 months, so if you hit it 7 weeks from now you are eating too much.

How has your strength progressed?
    Yes I feel as if I have gained it a little quick. 22ish lbs in 3 months. Your calorie recommendation is good stuff. Thank you for that. I feel that is something I can do without feeling miserably over-stuffed all day.

My strength has grown considerably. I could not even get 115lbs bench 10 times when I started (3 sets). I can easily do 3 sets of 155 x10. I haven't really tried to find a max. Weak still but yet an improvement I'm happy about. Curlbar went from 3 sets of 40 x10 to 3 sets of 60 x10. Although I'm getting 3 sets of 70x8 at the moment and I have started to prefer that. Just feel like it wears me out more.

I feel great, just want to make sure I take the right path.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Originally Posted by Justice87 View Post
    I think it may be too early to tell if this will be a successful bulk.

a lot of people confuse fat for being bloated.. news flash- when you bulk and eat above maint. especially with high carbs and sodium, you will hold a lot of water weight. ...and most ppl hold water weight primarily around their abdomen. go figure.. lol.

I would keep at it, but just remember; the more mass you add the longer and more painful the cut will be.
    Good business. I feel as if my arms have progressed a lot. More than I could have ever thought given my starting size and the fact I've only been with it 3 months. My abdomen area had alway alway always had a little fat. Genetic gift I suppose . Even when i was jn high school at 117lbs, i had a freaking poochy stomach. I know I can get it gone but can live with it if I can bulk clean to my goal of 180lbs. Then cut down. I realize genetics have some play especially in the ab area. I'm not obsessed with getting abs, just would be cool. With the suggestions of you an others I feel as if I have a clearer head about it. Can't wait to post an epic transformation in the next year to two. My goal is a two year commitment to transforming my body, then living a healthy and fit lifestyle. Hard to do living in the South with all it's fried chicken and biscuits and gravy. But I have insane will-power 

I'm mainly just confused as to what to do, but this has really helped. Thanks Fellas.