Page 140 of 142 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,200 of 4235
    bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by C-Winger View Post
    What's so rough about it? Cutting off the tails?
    The fact that you have to get it on one character, so you need to go to NG+ at least. Then taking the time to farm everything you need to make the weapons, then yeah, cutting the tails. Just time consuming. Priscilla and Seath's tails are particularly annoying.

Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FSEC View Post
    speaking of PvP...weapon recommendations for a Quality build?
    claymore, shortswords, battle axe, pike, um I can't remember what else gets double scaling

Artorias is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Artorias is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Artorias is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Artorias is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Artorias is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Artorias is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Artorias is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Artorias is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Artorias is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Artorias is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Artorias is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bigfish18q View Post
    The fact that you have to get it on one character, so you need to go to NG+ at least. Then taking the time to farm everything you need to make the weapons, then yeah, cutting the tails. Just time consuming. Priscilla and Seath's tails are particularly annoying.
    With Priscilla your best bet is using a weapon/build with super high damage even if its really slow, buff with power within and use flame or lightning resin. Start the fight by attacking her tail, should get it in one or two hits at most.

Seath is such a pain, took me a few tries solo, missed the opportunity to use the stun from shattering the crystal. I used one of the stealth items and it helped, I think it was the slumbering dragoncrest ring that makes you silent, since he is blind and hidden body/fog ring don't do anything.

If you are on Ps3 I can put a stone down and help you out, if you use the ring i could distract while you take out the tail.

bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    With Priscilla your best bet is using a weapon/build with super high damage even if its really slow, buff with power within and use flame or lightning resin. Start the fight by attacking her tail, should get it in one or two hits at most.

Seath is such a pain, took me a few tries solo, missed the opportunity to use the stun from shattering the crystal. I used one of the stealth items and it helped, I think it was the slumbering dragoncrest ring that makes you silent, since he is blind and hidden body/fog ring don't do anything.

If you are on Ps3 I can put a stone down and help you out, if you use the ring i could distract while you take out the tail.
    Thanks for the offer man. I am on PS3, so I might call up your help at some point. Luckily I decided to go for the weapon achievement on my sorcerer, and I got Seath's tail on my original run. I refused to leave that area without it lol. I got lucky, summoned some guy who cleaned him up easily and cut the tail for me. Almost felt cheap, but that tail is a b!tch. I've heard the same thing about Priscilla though.. I've heard pyromancy flame+15 and great combustion on the tail for the first hit works nicely. Will try that.

C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bigfish18q View Post
    Thanks for the offer man. I am on PS3, so I might call up your help at some point. Luckily I decided to go for the weapon achievement on my sorcerer, and I got Seath's tail on my original run. I refused to leave that area without it lol. I got lucky, summoned some guy who cleaned him up easily and cut the tail for me. Almost felt cheap, but that tail is a b!tch. I've heard the same thing about Priscilla though.. I've heard pyromancy flame+15 and great combustion on the tail for the first hit works nicely. Will try that.

Heard that if one of your summons attacks Priscilla that the boss fight won't start. Never tried it myself so I wouldn't know for sure.
    "Originally Posted by dr. hamstrung
    oh i get it, not even god knows what women want so he has to resort to the first wish, which was previously deemed too difficult. the task of summarizing what women want made the first one look relatively easy" - Post of the month.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3708511

*If you need subs, likes, or whatever, aware me crew*

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

This guy is one cheeky kunt m8.

Having the time of my life in Tomb of the Giants

USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Heard that if one of your summons attacks Priscilla that the boss fight won't start. Never tried it myself so I wouldn't know for sure.
    You're right.
    The Truth Is Out There

-Ron Paul 2012-

I'm in the Danger Zone.

FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FSEC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Tomb of the Giants is delivering the worst time ever. Spent several hours trying to make my way through. Eventually I basically memorized the path to the end-boss and he wrecked me multiple times. Fuark, this is prolly my toughest area and boss so far.

This game:

Artorias is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Artorias is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Artorias is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Artorias is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Artorias is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Artorias is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Artorias is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Artorias is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Artorias is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Artorias is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Artorias is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

This guy is one cheeky kunt m8.

Having the time of my life in Tomb of the Giants

He was in DeS too, I feel like he is kind of iconic and was really bummed he wasn't in ds2.

If you get one of those skulls that drop off of the fireball guys it makes your life a whole lot easier.

For the end boss, try using a holy weapon on the skeletons, they wont respawn. If you dont have one, you can kite them around near the boss and when he charges up his aoe, dodge away really fast, it will kill them temporarily.

He was in DeS too, I feel like he is kind of iconic and was really bummed he wasn't in ds2.

If you get one of those skulls that drop off of the fireball guys it makes your life a whole lot easier.

For the end boss, try using a holy weapon on the skeletons, they wont respawn. If you dont have one, you can kite them around near the boss and when he charges up his aoe, dodge away really fast, it will kill them temporarily.
    thanks, i'll try that adding holy to a weapon and giving it another go

and unaweir of skulls. are you talking about the Skull Lanterns? I tried equipping one...no idea how to turn it on

also newb question: can people in normal games invade/get invaded by people in NG+?

chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    thanks, i'll try that adding holy to a weapon and giving it another go

and unaweir of skulls. are you talking about the Skull Lanterns? I tried equipping one...no idea how to turn it on

also newb question: can people in normal games invade/get invaded by people in NG+?
    The skull latern is used as a shield. It doesnt block any damage, but it'll light the area when you hold it out (LB/R1). There is also a helmet and spells that do the same thing.

Def use holy. You can downgrade the occult club you should have found to holy at the blacksmith.

Pretty sure the answer is yes, just depends if you are close in soul level. Some *******s beat the game at a low soul level to get uber gear/+15 pyro, then come back and wreck noobs. You'll know when you see one.

SofaKingSlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SofaKingSlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SofaKingSlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SofaKingSlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SofaKingSlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SofaKingSlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SofaKingSlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SofaKingSlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SofaKingSlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SofaKingSlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SofaKingSlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Haven't played this game seriously in about 2 years when I bought it on 360 at launch. (I sort of played it when the PC prepare to die edition came out and save hacked my way to a decent sl...shame)

I'm glad I am playing legit this go round. I have nostalgia and deja vu moments, but I can't play nearly as well as I could back then so I get killed a fair amount lol. Just got the lord vessel, mired the amazing chest. Now I'm trying to figure out my build/weapons of choice. I don't remember my fashion souls so right now I'm running around with Quelagg's sword. Got through a lot of it with a Black Knight's sword +2.

I think I want to be a pyro though...I just have to mess around and figure out what's good again. I rekt a few people in the forrest, invading me because I attacked the cat.
    ===============================
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/CNBFTBGB/

For Nito, I actually like pulling him back to the entrance. That way you can get through the fight and never even pull the giant skeletons. Doesn't always work 100% though.

eventually got around to beating Nito. what a ****gytime boss.

anyways..32 hrs played in 10 days - havent been this hooked on a game for a long time. Deloaded a bit by doing some PvP in the Forest. Lol, that was it mane. Invaded some guy with a flaming Falchion (i think) and had a really close duel which I won

then I had another one with a Great Club and got stomped in 2 shots lmao. Was hilarious

1000th post is dedicated to completing this game.

the feels when this started playing

11/10 game. unforgettable experience. i sort of wish i didnt blitz through the entire playthrough in 12 days but I couldn't help it. I haven't been this challenged in a long time and as a result, i couldn't stop thinking about playing it.

I have DS2 downloading right now but TBH, i might just go back for NG and get into the PvP scene. DS1 really set the bar high...

1000th post is dedicated to completing this game.

the feels when this started playing

11/10 game. unforgettable experience. i sort of wish i didnt blitz through the entire playthrough in 12 days but I couldn't help it. I haven't been this challenged in a long time and as a result, i couldn't stop thinking about playing it.

I have DS2 downloading right now but TBH, i might just go back for NG and get into the PvP scene. DS1 really set the bar high...
    Congrats on beating it man.

*spoiler*

did you find painted world/ash lake, and do you have the DLC? If not you should jump into NG+ and do that stuff too, the dlc is really great.

This game is a lot of fun to replay with different builds as well, If you want to feel super powerful you should check out a great scythe+power within+crystal magic weapon build. That feel when standing around waiting for more kings to show up.

Congrats on beating it man.

*spoiler*

did you find painted world/ash lake, and do you have the DLC? If not you should jump into NG+ and do that stuff too, the dlc is really great.

This game is a lot of fun to replay with different builds as well, If you want to feel super powerful you should check out a great scythe+power within+crystal magic weapon build. That feel when standing around waiting for more kings to show up.
    thanks

yes I found the Painted world and ash lake. I decided to fight Priscilla and felt really bad afterwards lol.

I'm playing it on PC so i think it includes DLC material? I'm tempted to look it up because my friend said the boss fights are even tougher than in the regular game. I'd like to avoid using a guide (again) but is it easy to find the DLC content?

And lol at that build, sounds OP. The 4 Kings fight was easily one of the coolest fights I've ever been in. Amazing........

Least favorite fight was

For such an intimidating looking boss, he was a pushover. Well, i'll admit I died about 15x because I couldn't time my runs (to his "arms/shields") and he'd sweep me into a hole.

USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The DLC is 10/10 dude.
    The Truth Is Out There

-Ron Paul 2012-

I'm in the Danger Zone.

Rockall is just really nice. (+1000) Rockall is just really nice. (+1000) Rockall is just really nice. (+1000) Rockall is just really nice. (+1000) Rockall is just really nice. (+1000) Rockall is just really nice. (+1000) Rockall is just really nice. (+1000) Rockall is just really nice. (+1000) Rockall is just really nice. (+1000) Rockall is just really nice. (+1000) Rockall is just really nice. (+1000)
    I completely killed the catacombs/Tomb of the Giants part of the game. Didnt realise that lanterns were a thing so I blind navigated my way to nito without dying then killed him on my first go.

I dont understand how but it happened

C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thanks

yes I found the Painted world and ash lake. I decided to fight Priscilla and felt really bad afterwards lol.

I'm playing it on PC so i think it includes DLC material? I'm tempted to look it up because my friend said the boss fights are even tougher than in the regular game. I'd like to avoid using a guide (again) but is it easy to find the DLC content?

I'm going to say no, it's not intuitive at all.
    You have to do a quest in one area, then refresh/reload at some point, travel to a completely different area, kill a specific enemy, get their item, then go back to the quest area in a little hidey hole.
    "Originally Posted by dr. hamstrung
    oh i get it, not even god knows what women want so he has to resort to the first wish, which was previously deemed too difficult. the task of summarizing what women want made the first one look relatively easy" - Post of the month.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3708511

*If you need subs, likes, or whatever, aware me crew*

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm going to say no, it's not intuitive at all.
    You have to do a quest in one area, then refresh/reload at some point, travel to a completely different area, kill a specific enemy, get their item, then go back to the quest area in a little hidey hole.
    i see

well, i hit NG so i'm back to the beginning. I'm going to give DS2 a shot but if i dont like it, i have no prob going back to DS1. I just wish the summoning (on PC) was reliable.

Rockall is just really nice. (+1000) Rockall is just really nice. (+1000) Rockall is just really nice. (+1000) Rockall is just really nice. (+1000) Rockall is just really nice. (+1000) Rockall is just really nice. (+1000) Rockall is just really nice. (+1000) Rockall is just really nice. (+1000) Rockall is just really nice. (+1000) Rockall is just really nice. (+1000) Rockall is just really nice. (+1000)
    i see

well, i hit NG so i'm back to the beginning. I'm going to give DS2 a shot but if i dont like it, i have no prob going back to DS1. I just wish the summoning (on PC) was reliable.
    I'm just as new to the series as you and I'd say that DS2 is just as good if not better than the first. There are some cool references you can pick up from the first game and the combat system is much better. Maybe you wont agree but I think half of the people in here have some sort of god complex/nostalgic feels towards the first game.

It's still so weird hearing complete nerds jizzing over how hard this game is, they must have such poor hand eye co-ordination or something I swere
    Last edited by Rockall; 07-18-2014 at 01:40 PM.

Originally Posted by Rockall View Post
    I'm just as new to the series as you and I'd say that DS2 is just as good if not better than the first. There are some cool references you can pick up from the first game and the combat system is much better. Maybe you wont agree but I think half of the people in here have some sort of god complex/nostalgic feels towards the first game.

It's still so weird hearing complete nerds jizzing over how hard this game is, they must have such poor hand eye co-ordination or something I swere
    i only played 2 hrs of DS2 and i'm already missing DS1's combat system. It feels more fluid, quick, and responsive to me.

The only thing really drawing me towards DS2 is the bigger online population. I assume that online matchmaking is better in it too so that's another big factor.

i only played 2 hrs of DS2 and i'm already missing DS1's combat system. It feels more fluid, quick, and responsive to me.

The only thing really drawing me towards DS2 is the bigger online population. I assume that online matchmaking is better in it too so that's another big factor.
    Connecting is better, actual fighting is far worse (it is still very fun), it just doesn't hold a candle to DS, and they just patched the hell out of the game so you are going over at the right time, it's far more balanced than it was.
    The Truth Is Out There

-Ron Paul 2012-

I'm in the Danger Zone.

Originally Posted by USAviator View Post
    Connecting is better, actual fighting is far worse (it is still very fun), it just doesn't hold a candle to DS, and they just patched the hell out of the game so you are going over at the right time, it's far more balanced than it was.
    I see what you're saying. From the few bouts of DS2 PvP I've had (as well as watching loads of PvP videos), it appears to be less dynamic overall than DS1. It's such a shame that DS1's P2P connecting is so awful while DS2's is amazing. That's pretty much the only reason I'll stick with DS2.

My biggest complaints about 2's combat vs 1 is the menu lag, the weapon switching lag (could queue swaps as you performed an action in one, loved this), and the way parries and jump attacks are so annoying to pull off compared to one. Oh and the kick was better than the shield smack.

My biggest complaints about 2's combat vs 1 is the menu lag, the weapon switching lag (could queue swaps as you performed an action in one, loved this), and the way parries and jump attacks are so annoying to pull off compared to one. Oh and the kick was better than the shield smack.
    kicking Lautrec off the cliff was so satisfying. was really disappointed to see the kick didn't make a return in DS2

Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The menu, weapon swap ruined ds1 pvp. The best thing they could have done was eliminate those. Lag backstabs arent nearly as bad either thankfully.
    Benes

took a quick break from DS2 to head back into Lordran. Finally got around to unlocking Oolacile...

ending up fighting one of the greatest boss battles...ever.

I thought Ornstein & Smough were challenging but this was on another level. Fight was so memorable too...I died like 15x and wasn't even mad. The first 5-8 deaths was to some absolutely sickening move that I didn't see coming. Artorias was a great boss fight...among so many great ones in DS1.

chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    DS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DS2.

If you dont think so, you're wrong. Period.

Gonna give it another playthrough when I have some time, I just cant think of any other play styles to pick. Bow only run?

Page 140 of 142 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 LastLast