Page 79 of 142 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 4235
    Crush086 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crush086 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crush086 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crush086 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crush086 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crush086 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crush086 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crush086 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crush086 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crush086 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crush086 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by henrycole View Post
    Can someone suggest to me some light armor thats effective?

I started the game with wanderer armor and got myself the thiefs armor sets... is there anything better than that wich will allow me to move freely?

Im liking the poison resist on the thiefs set tough
    Depending on where you're at and whether you've got the Master Key, you can get some pretty good armor in Blighttown.

If you've got the Master Key, take the elevator to the New Londo Ruins, and then take the second elevator to Valley of Drakes (need the Master Key to open this door early). Head into Blighttown, and on your way down to the wheel, you'll notice some branch-like extensions extending from one of the platforms to another platform on the other side. Carefully walk the "branches" to the other side, and there's a red set of armor that's pretty light, and offers solid defense. My explanation is probably dog piss, but you'll know it when you see it. I believe there's also a Tin Banishment Catalyst there too, so it may suit you depending on your build.

You'll lose the poison resistance mostly, and I don't believe it's quite on par with the Gold-Hemmed, but you may not have access to the Gold-Hemmed yet.

Crush086 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crush086 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crush086 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crush086 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crush086 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crush086 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crush086 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crush086 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crush086 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crush086 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crush086 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Couthos View Post
    I don't think this armor is worth going out of your way for. If you are in blighttown it is worth getting though. On all 4 of my playthroughs i've been fine with base armor and whatever I picked up until ANOR LONDO.

Anor Londo you can pick up Havel's Set which is the best heavy armor in the game. You can also pick up Silver Knight armor which is lighter and decent. If you kill Smough first you can purchase Ornsteins set which pretty good and aesthetic. Also if you kill Lautrec of Carim there you can pick up his set which is also pretty good but more importantly you can pick up his Ring of Favor and Protection which increases load.

With the ring of favor and pro and Havel's Ring (also increases load) you should be able to roll well with most mid range sets like Ornsteins, or at least be a little more mobile with Havel's set.
    I've been using it since I found it, although I'm taking a beating in Anor Londo due to my unwise neglect of Vitality. And I think you run into 3 or 4 enemies, maybe a few more if you include those annoying ass flying mosquito things. It works for me because I keep my Equip Load under 25%, and you can equip the whole set and still maintain that, assuming you've invested some into Endurance and have Havel's Ring.

If I remember the body piece has I think a 32 defense rating and weighs something around 4.

I think I may have to sacrifice the small mobility penalty for going over 25% for now, I'd hate to have to start over again lol. I put alot of effort into this guy, and spent hours collectively in Blighttown farming the Large Titanite and Green Titanite Shards from those slugs to build like 5 different weapons.

Or I'll go grind a bit in Darkroot pounding the Forest Covenant and put some points into Vitality. That's the easiest place I can think of to get the best return on soul farming.

Stay safe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) henrycole's Avatar
    henrycole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) henrycole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) henrycole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) henrycole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) henrycole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) henrycole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) henrycole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) henrycole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) henrycole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) henrycole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) henrycole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Crush086 View Post
    Depending on where you're at and whether you've got the Master Key, you can get some pretty good armor in Blighttown.

If you've got the Master Key, take the elevator to the New Londo Ruins, and then take the second elevator to Valley of Drakes (need the Master Key to open this door early). Head into Blighttown, and on your way down to the wheel, you'll notice some branch-like extensions extending from one of the platforms to another platform on the other side. Carefully walk the "branches" to the other side, and there's a red set of armor that's pretty light, and offers solid defense. My explanation is probably dog piss, but you'll know it when you see it. I believe there's also a Tin Banishment Catalyst there too, so it may suit you depending on your build.

You'll lose the poison resistance mostly, and I don't believe it's quite on par with the Gold-Hemmed, but you may not have access to the Gold-Hemmed yet.
    Im at the part where i need to go to blightown of peace anyway... so you suggest i access it from the valley of drakes instead of from the well in the sewers?

Also.. lets say i have 10000000 carry weight max, if i wear the heaviest armor will i move the same as a light set?
    Instagram: ayy_lmao_m8

C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you are having trouble in Anor Londo I would switch to Black Iron or Havel's Set even if it's just for that level. You might have to for O&S because they can be pretty punishing and the defense REALLY makes a difference. Ornstein armor was hands down my favorite until I saw Artorias. But at the time I only had enough souls for his chest piece so I only bought then I threw on the Gold Hemmed hood for added aesthetics. I usually run around like this.

[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/33kta3o.jpg[img]

But if I NEED extra defense I won't hesitate to throw on Havel's. Sometimes you just have to.
    Ornstein master armour. Though I wear it just for how it looks as it doesn't seem too amazing function-wise.

It's really not that serious.. You don't have to start over every time you are having a hard time somewhere. Just put your next few levels into vitality, you don't even have to go out of your way to farm the souls. Since you neglected VIT, whatever you put your souls into instead should be plenty strong.

Also it's not uncommon to have to switch up armors and rings all the time. I'll tell you right now no matter what you think your build is or should be, you should go full Have's tank for the Four Kings. I would also recommend Heavy for Ornstein and Smough unless you summon two phantoms because they can deliver a pounding. If you summon phantoms at least you won't be the center of their attention the entire fight.

Also from here on out the best/funnest way to "farm" is by dropping white signs. You can get A LOT of souls quick by helping people clear levels and defeat area bosses. I beat O&S like 5 times on one of my play through. I did Seath 3-4 times as well. I never actually camped a bonfire and did it the boring way.
    I'd also like to throw in that going to the area with Forest Hunters, but not actually defeating Sif, is a good way to farm. The NPC's give a good bit of souls, and you'll have lower-leveled players invading you.
    Reverse Hollow at the bonfire by the door and stay around there after you kill the magic NPC.
    Even if you lose to an invader, you can pick up your souls easy and quickly.

As long as you're half decent at fighting, you should win a few.

Im at the part where i need to go to blightown of peace anyway... so you suggest i access it from the valley of drakes instead of from the well in the sewers?

Also.. lets say i have 10000000 carry weight max, if i wear the heaviest armor will i move the same as a light set?
    Yes, as long as the heaviest armour is less than 25% of that.
    "Originally Posted by dr. hamstrung
    oh i get it, not even god knows what women want so he has to resort to the first wish, which was previously deemed too difficult. the task of summarizing what women want made the first one look relatively easy" - Post of the month.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3708511

*If you need subs, likes, or whatever, aware me crew*

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

henrycole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) henrycole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) henrycole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) henrycole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) henrycole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) henrycole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) henrycole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) henrycole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) henrycole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) henrycole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) henrycole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    wow.. blighttown is busting my balls real hard... at fist i progressed pretty far but then a stupid death happenned and im dying stupidly all the time now...

anyone ever tried playing a sorcerer casting attack spells an all?

Originally Posted by C-Winger View Post
    Ornstein master armour. Though I wear it just for how it looks as it doesn't seem too amazing function-wise.

I'd also like to throw in that going to the area with Forest Hunters, but not actually defeating Sif, is a good way to farm. The NPC's give a good bit of souls, and you'll have lower-leveled players invading you.
    Reverse Hollow at the bonfire by the door and stay around there after you kill the magic NPC.
    Even if you lose to an invader, you can pick up your souls easy and quickly.

As long as you're half decent at fighting, you should win a few.

Yes, as long as the heaviest armour is less than 25% of that.
    I had a decent time in the Forest Covenant invading the players in the forest. I'm not a huge fan of PvP though, I'm always getting backstabbed when the guy isn't even behind me.

Also, I think the Crimson set of armor I mentioned earlier is worth the effort of going for. It's 3 points less of total defense and only .6 heavier than the Gold Hemmed, and last I remember the Gold Hemmed was the armor to have.

C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Crush086 View Post
    I had a decent time in the Forest Covenant invading the players in the forest. I'm not a huge fan of PvP though, I'm always getting backstabbed when the guy isn't even behind me.

Also, I think the Crimson set of armor I mentioned earlier is worth the effort of going for. It's 3 points less of total defense and only .6 heavier than the Gold Hemmed, and last I remember the Gold Hemmed was the armor to have.
    It grew on me, mainly because I started winning fights with the new build, lol. Lag isn't too bad most of the time, though there is the rare BS when I should be well out of range + in the middle of a new roll. But that tends to only happen when I'm summoned to a different person's world. Just joined Darkmoon Blade, let's see how this plays out.
    oh i get it, not even god knows what women want so he has to resort to the first wish, which was previously deemed too difficult. the task of summarizing what women want made the first one look relatively easy" - Post of the month.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

im trying to make a bow only guy, is this possible?

Latslikewings is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Latslikewings is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Latslikewings is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Latslikewings is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Latslikewings is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Latslikewings is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Latslikewings is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Latslikewings is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Latslikewings is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Latslikewings is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Latslikewings is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    anyone ever tried playing a sorcerer casting attack spells an all?
    Yes.

Honestly i got way farther in the game (i.e. first time i ever beat it) using a sorcerer build. You can get some INCREDIBLY powerful spells.

Dex, Vit, End, and a little STR. Won't be easy trying to beat bosses or big monsters with a bow though. Luckily you can just switch over to a rapier/katana.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maxpowers88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxpowers88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxpowers88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxpowers88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxpowers88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxpowers88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxpowers88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxpowers88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxpowers88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxpowers88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxpowers88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    started again this time using a pyromancer..

so far been just focusing on
    Vit
    End
    Attunement
    Dex

should i stick with that when leveling up or am i missing something

Latslikewings is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Latslikewings is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Latslikewings is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Latslikewings is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Latslikewings is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Latslikewings is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Latslikewings is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Latslikewings is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Latslikewings is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Latslikewings is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Latslikewings is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It really isn't that practical in this game. Not in any of my experience anyways

Dex, Vit, End, and a little STR. Won't be easy trying to beat bosses or big monsters with a bow though. Luckily you can just switch over to a rapier/katana.
    lmao.. im trying right now and its retardedly hard...

brb cant backstab
    brb cant parry
    brb cant block
    brb have fun having arrows bounce of shields
    brb brb

I could just make it fine up to havel but then it bored me how i had no protection if someone ever came at me at melee range.

Originally Posted by Latslikewings View Post
    Yes.

Honestly i got way farther in the game (i.e. first time i ever beat it) using a sorcerer build. You can get some INCREDIBLY powerful spells.
    intredasting, i might give it a try then

what stat distribution you go for?

JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    so whats the difference between entering Blighttown through the Depths and the other entrance? (forgot the name of the location)
    ***Black Knight Master Race Crew***

++ Positive Crew ++

>>YNWA<<

Money makes men act funny angryguywalking's Avatar
    angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JimmyRustlebrah View Post
    so whats the difference between entering Blighttown through the Depths and the other entrance? (forgot the name of the location)
    Entering from the Valley of the Drakes is much easier, you basically skip over half of the chit in blighttown
    ⁢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Originally Posted by angryguywalking View Post
    Entering from the Valley of the Drakes is much easier, you basically skip over half of the chit in blighttown
    intredasting as well, might go by this route next time.. by the well in the sewer was a bitch..

JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by angryguywalking View Post
    intardesting, I actually wanna go to Blighttown through that way but if you enter the Blighttown through the Depths you manage to pick up the iaito sword fairly early on....I dunno which path to choose

++ Positive Crew ++

>>YNWA<<

lmao.. im trying right now and its retardedly hard...

brb cant backstab
    brb cant parry
    brb cant block
    brb have fun having arrows bounce of shields
    brb brb

I could just make it fine up to havel but then it bored me how i had no protection if someone ever came at me at melee range.
    Oh lawd, trying to shoot Havel to death, especially assuming you only have an un-upgraded shortbow, lol. There are several bows for different situations, plus you could always equip a crossbow. Headshots would be your best friend. And if I recall correctly, you actually can do a BS with a bow. But yeah, it might be better to save that for when you're pro at dodging, aiming, etc.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

intardesting, I actually wanna go to Blighttown through that way but if you enter the Blighttown through the Depths you manage to pick up the iaito sword fairly early on....I dunno which path to choose
    If you hate going through the Depths and Blighttown not because of the time it takes but because you just hate those parts, you could always go to DarkRoot Garden, join the Forest Hunters, and meet the guy who sells the Iato in Blighttown by the water wheel.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you hate going through the Depths and Blighttown not because of the time it takes but because you just hate those parts, you could always go to DarkRoot Garden, join the Forest Hunters, and meet the guy who sells the Iato in Blighttown by the water wheel.
    he doesn't sell the iaito brah, he sells the uchigatana and the washing pole (which I already own)

++ Positive Crew ++

>>YNWA<<

he doesn't sell the iaito brah, he sells the uchigatana and the washing pole (which I already own)
    You sure? I thought he sold all 3 katanas?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You sure? I thought he sold all 3 katanas?
    nope, I was already at Blighttown just so I could purchase the katanas from Shiva, I brought the Washing Pole and Uchigatana and the Itaito wasn't there

feelsbatman.jpg

++ Positive Crew ++

>>YNWA<<

nope, I was already at Blighttown just so I could purchase the katanas from Shiva, I brought the Washing Pole and Uchigatana and the Itaito wasn't there

feelsbatman.jpg
    Lol, what do??

And great news, I just found one of the most useful miracles in the game. Great Magic Barrier. Dat magic defence, hnngh.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lol, what do??

And great news, I just found one of the most useful miracles in the game. Great Magic Barrier. Dat magic defence, hnngh.
    dunno lolz, i guess i gotta go through the hard way fml

whereabouts did you find the Great Magic Barrier?

++ Positive Crew ++

>>YNWA<<

dunno lolz, i guess i gotta go through the hard way fml

whereabouts did you find the Great Magic Barrier?

Oh lord... it's actually adjacent to Blighttown. However, I'm not sure if you should go there until you get the ability to warp from bonfires, as I don't know if there is a path back to the surface.

But for future reference...
    It's in the Great Hollow.
    From the bonfire in Blighttown swamp, head out into swamp, turn left.
    Go straight until you see the giant root you can run up.
    Get treasure, illusory wall, get another item, hit another illusory wall.
    Get to the bottom of the tree, after dying >15 times, then die again.
    Kill all monsters, and run along path until you come across another tree that is hollow (not the log).
    Run up the root that is outside. Look for a small landing spot, slowly walk off root and hope you land on it.
    Go inside tree.
    Profit.

Lol.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

anything i should know about having 4 open slots for spells but only having soul arrows and running out of cast very quikly?

WeIIington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeIIington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeIIington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeIIington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeIIington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeIIington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeIIington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeIIington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeIIington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeIIington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeIIington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Currently at Duke's Archives / Crystal caves...

Will finish this game tomorrow

Registered User bryanfernandez1's Avatar
    bryanfernandez1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In. About time someone has made this thread. Just got the Gravelord sword and finally beat the Great Grey Wolf, (and I might add that it's one big @$$ wolf).
    "Fearless Champions Ever Be Stand On The Heights of Victory"

Page 79 of 142 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 ... LastLast