Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    stronggal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Training Hard, eating healthy but still have cellulite! Help!!!!

Im not sure if i'm posting this question on the right section but here it goes.

I've been working out for a long time now since I was 19, I'm 32. I started off with just cardio and then at 22 or 23 I started weight training.
    I've always done a lot of cardio. I would run about 1 sometimes 1+ hours a day. I would always change it up, I would sprint, jog, run on an incline, etc. I would also do the StairMaster and elliptical, pretty much tried every cardio machine at the gym. Ive also tried plyometrics workouts.

My workout schedule consisted of weight training for 1 hour and cardio for 1 hour 5-6 or even 7 days a week. I'm 5', 114 lbs and last time I checked my body fat I was somewhere between 15-16% so I'm not skinny fat. lol

My diet is fairly healthy, no fried foods (cant remember last time I had a french fry! lol) no red meat, no heavy sauce, I try to stay away from too much sugar or processed foods and drink plenty of water.

I know that 90% of women have cellulite and I wouldn't mind having a little bit but I have a lot. Its on my butt and hamstrings. Even though I'm in good shape its still there and a lot of it. I can't wear shorts and hate going to the beach! Its really frustrating since I workout like crazy and eat healthy.

A friend of mine told me I was doing too much cardio and to stop doing cardio for 1 month. I was like "Are u crazy?! If I stop doing cardio I'm going to get fat!" He promised me that I wouldn't get fat and to trust him. I thought, I have nothing to lose.

So for 3 weeks now I haven't done any cardio. I'm A LOT stronger, I've been lifting heavier. I'm weight training legs TWICE a week instead of once a week.
    And I've notice for the FIRST TIME in my life an improvement on my cellulite! I have some hope now!

Was I doing too much cardio?! Is weight training better to get rid of cellulite?
    Does anyone else have any tips for me?

Thanks!

kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your friend is correct...as soon as I stopped doing as much cardio and started lifting heavy in the leg department my cellulite all but disappeared! I think deadlifts, lunges, and step ups helped a LOT.
    Karen

nenanadvit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm glad you posted this because I've been wondering the same thing. I have googled it and it says most women do have some cellulite. Mine went away as I bulked up for my competition a while back. It didin't completely go away though. After the competition, I needed a break and took one for about a month. My cellulite came back worse than it was before. Now that I'm back in the gym and lifting more, it seems to be going away but at a slower rate. I think its possible to get rid of it to a point, but if a person has it, they will always be predisposed. Also, in magazines and on stage, cellulite is well hidden with tanners and photshop. I am curious to what extent you can diet and exercise to rid of it.

nenanadvit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kdiamond55 View Post
    Your friend is correct...as soon as I stopped doing as much cardio and started lifting heavy in the leg department my cellulite all but disappeared! I think deadlifts, lunges, and step ups helped a LOT.
    That gives me hope!!

Thanks for your reply!!! All this time I've been doing crazy cardio to get rid of it and as soon as I stopped doing cardio, I've seen great improvement! I've also started training heavy on legs. Good to know I'm kinda on the right track

Originally Posted by nenanadvit View Post
    I'm glad you posted this because I've been wondering the same thing. I have googled it and it says most women do have some cellulite. Mine went away as I bulked up for my competition a while back. It didin't completely go away though. After the competition, I needed a break and took one for about a month. My cellulite came back worse than it was before. Now that I'm back in the gym and lifting more, it seems to be going away but at a slower rate. I think its possible to get rid of it to a point, but if a person has it, they will always be predisposed. Also, in magazines and on stage, cellulite is well hidden with tanners and photshop. I am curious to what extent you can diet and exercise to rid of it.
    Do you notice if your cellulite gets better when u don't do as much cardio and more lifting? When you took 1 month off, did u stop working out or didn't workout as intense?

Its just really frustrating because we workout so hard and its still there!

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^^^this^^^

It's slow going but I used to have really bad cellulite and it's gotten way better over the years but now is starting to all but disappear as well. You were doing entirely too much cardio. I've noticed a huge difference everywhere since I dialed my cardio to very light walking. My fear was weight gain as well if I stopped but I've gotten more positive feedback on how I look since I stopped.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

I'm excited to continue on my weight training and stopping cardio for a while. Finally my hard work is paying off! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Stopping cardio has been liberating for me - how much time I wasted. Although now I still don't feel like I have more time on my hands oddly enough. LOL Enjoy!
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

Originally Posted by DaniGrrl View Post
    Stopping cardio has been liberating for me - how much time I wasted. Although now I still don't feel like I have more time on my hands oddly enough. LOL Enjoy!
    Me too! LOL!

Registered User silverlightning's Avatar
    silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    resistance training and diet. cardio is a bonus. I see it to often in the gym, woman doing cardio for years and don't do any resistance training, i.e. machines, free weights, hammer strength. and if they do, its like lat pulldowns, tricep pushdowns, crunches, calf raises and leave.

liftsquatdead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftsquatdead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftsquatdead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftsquatdead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftsquatdead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftsquatdead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftsquatdead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftsquatdead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    girl i SWEAR to you, (and just know that i still have a lot of work to do in the cellulite department) heavy lifting is the BEST thing to get rid of it. when i lost the bulk of my weight through diet/cardio and only medium level weight training, cellulite actually got worse. when you lose fat, a lot of times you're losing muscle as well. so when doing cardio you might be training your leg muscles to a certain degree, but you're also burning off muscle and fat as well. heavy lifting will get the muscles in your leg firmer and improve the cellulite by getting your fat to lay a little smoother.

i know a problem for me is that i have a lot of loose skin on my thighs, which sort of exacerbates the appearance of cellulite. i don't believe in cellulite creams persay, but i do think that daily moisturizing is important, as dehydrated skin will only make things look worse.

best of luck to you!!!!

liftsquatdead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftsquatdead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftsquatdead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftsquatdead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftsquatdead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftsquatdead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftsquatdead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liftsquatdead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by DaniGrrl View Post
    just a side note, you look AMAZING!!!

Originally Posted by silverlightning View Post
    resistance training and diet. cardio is a bonus. I see it to often in the gym, woman doing cardio for years and don't do any resistance training, i.e. machines, free weights, hammer strength. and if they do, its like lat pulldowns, tricep pushdowns, crunches, calf raises and leave.
    I know, I see that too. Many women only do cardio and NO weight training but I wasn't one of them. I think my mistake was doing too much cardio. I stopped the cardio and started training legs heavy 2x a week and in just 2 1/2 weeks, I've seen a big difference in my cellulite.

Originally Posted by liftsquatdead View Post
    girl i SWEAR to you, (and just know that i still have a lot of work to do in the cellulite department) heavy lifting is the BEST thing to get rid of it. when i lost the bulk of my weight through diet/cardio and only medium level weight training, cellulite actually got worse. when you lose fat, a lot of times you're losing muscle as well. so when doing cardio you might be training your leg muscles to a certain degree, but you're also burning off muscle and fat as well. heavy lifting will get the muscles in your leg firmer and improve the cellulite by getting your fat to lay a little smoother.

i know a problem for me is that i have a lot of loose skin on my thighs, which sort of exacerbates the appearance of cellulite. i don't believe in cellulite creams persay, but i do think that daily moisturizing is important, as dehydrated skin will only make things look worse.

best of luck to you!!!!
    Thanks for your advice!!! I started training legs heavy about 2-3 weeks ago with NO cardio and I can already see the difference!

Originally Posted by liftsquatdead View Post
    just a side note, you look AMAZING!!!
    Thank you SO MUCH!!!
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

majavojnovic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just wanna explain what cellulite is. I'm sure this will explain a lot for you.

Anybody and everybody can have cellulite, but it depends entirely on genetics. The dimpling you see, the cellulite, are actual visible fat cells. In some people you see more because we have a thin tissue layer between our fat and skin. However other people can be really overweight and have no cellulite because that tissue layer between the skin and fat is thicker.

So if you wanna reduce cellulite you're gonna have to lower your BF% so keep working out and doing what you're doing and I'm sure you'll reduce the amount. You may not be able to get rid of it completely, it depends entirely on genetics. But don't fret about it too much.

As for the cardio vs weight training? It depends on you again. I do really well with a mixture of cardio and weights or just weights. But if I just do cardio I get smaller, but I still have fat. When I do weights I gain muscle and reduce body fat. It makes sense.

Anyway, best of luck!
    Maja

jooboi12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help

Originally Posted by silverlightning View Post
    Dude, im a fella and i have cellulite on my belly, when u bulk u need a surplus, will this make it worse? Will the cellulite go away after a cut? Plz advise!!

natasor is a complete loser! (-2000) natasor is a complete loser! (-2000) natasor is a complete loser! (-2000) natasor is a complete loser! (-2000) natasor is a complete loser! (-2000) natasor is a complete loser! (-2000) natasor is a complete loser! (-2000) natasor is a complete loser! (-2000) natasor is a complete loser! (-2000) natasor is a complete loser! (-2000) natasor is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by majavojnovic View Post
    I just wanna explain what cellulite is. I'm sure this will explain a lot for you.

Anybody and everybody can have cellulite, but it depends entirely on genetics. The dimpling you see, the cellulite, are actual visible fat cells. In some people you see more because we have a thin tissue layer between our fat and skin. However other people can be really overweight and have no cellulite because that tissue layer between the skin and fat is thicker.

So if you wanna reduce cellulite you're gonna have to lower your BF% so keep working out and doing what you're doing and I'm sure you'll reduce the amount. You may not be able to get rid of it completely, it depends entirely on genetics. But don't fret about it too much.

As for the cardio vs weight training? It depends on you again. I do really well with a mixture of cardio and weights or just weights. But if I just do cardio I get smaller, but I still have fat. When I do weights I gain muscle and reduce body fat. It makes sense.

Anyway, best of luck!
    Maja
    In addition to all that hard work why not to try cavitation machene? I bought it on e-Bay from China for $200 and can perform the treatment any day i want. In the spa you can get one session for $240 for 3 hrs. I think I got good bargain. Cavitation works as ultrsound of certain intencity, gently destroys fat cells in the thigh, heats up and massage skin. Body metabolises dead cells. Then I have to make slow lymphatic drenage by gentle massage to speed removal of the dead fat cells with lymphatic flow out of the leg. Painless, nice procedure, available to anybody in civilised society. Exercise and diet are still needed, BMI still needs to stay low 19-20. But the mission is not impossible.
    Good luck, Nata

catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by stronggal View Post
    A friend of mine told me I was doing too much cardio and to stop doing cardio for 1 month. I was like "Are u crazy?! If I stop doing cardio I'm going to get fat!" He promised me that I wouldn't get fat and to trust him. I thought, I have nothing to lose.
    !
    Did you ask your friend to explain why you should stop doing cardio? Because cardio/cellulite is not a causal relationship.

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Mines finally started to go from some heavy heavy leg sessions.

You'll get more out of lifting heavy than doing cardio 8 times per week.

goaloriented24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goaloriented24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goaloriented24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goaloriented24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goaloriented24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goaloriented24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goaloriented24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goaloriented24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goaloriented24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goaloriented24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goaloriented24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for this info, Im just starting out on my weight loss journey and this is going to help me greatly
    Either do it or shut up!

lblake1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lblake1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lblake1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lblake1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lblake1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lblake1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lblake1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lblake1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lblake1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lblake1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lblake1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm really glad I read all of this! I was just looking at my cellulite the other day and making a plan to start doing more cardio, which apparently is not the answer! Great post.

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Mines taken just under a year to go/significant improvement. I've got stretch marks all over my ass now but hey, it's better than cellulite. Just push yourself and go heavy in the gym. And don't look at yourself in poor yellowy lighting - it makes it look so much worse!

Giffer666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yes true

EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's true. Sometimes when you stress yourself too much over something you actually worsen the situation. Also, with risk to be banned my most bodybuilders, I have to say what I think on cellulite - IT'S NATURAL! I mean, back then, when I was 19 and all of us girls were rubbing ourselves with any expensive cream promising to get rid of it, following all kind of diets and doing all kinds of activities I actually started pausing on movies with celebrities to see that EVEN they have cellulite! (I won't say names, try it if you want). Also, my proficiency in Photoshop proves how much us females have been manipulated by the market by selling us products - do you know how much photo material I have retouched to make the before and after result? Not to mention there's a whole section on models and athlete photography and manipulation. Of course, you know better when you look at yourself in the mirror. I just think when you work out and eat well to feel good the cellulite and anything else unneeded will go out by itself. Take care of yourself from with in - the outside will follow!
    I hope this helps! Good luck!
    you are what you eat

aplainjanemom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by stronggal View Post
    I know, I see that too. Many women only do cardio and NO weight training but I wasn't one of them. I think my mistake was doing too much cardio. I stopped the cardio and started training legs heavy 2x a week and in just 2 1/2 weeks, I've seen a big difference in my cellulite.
    I am 34 5'8.5" (yes that half inch really means that much to mention) and I weigh in at 137 - I was at 128 about 15 months ago, then I started to steadily gain weight?
    I was doing insane amounts of cardio, sometimes 2 hours a day (an hour in the morning and an hour at night) with alternating days of strength training. I was told that I was doing to much cardio by a personal training on Sparkspeople.com. He recommended "Body for life" program. I started that about 35 days ago and I have noticed more and more cellulite creeping up!! I have a clean diet, I do 20 mins cardio (walk, jog, sprint) 3 alternate days a week and I do weight training on the cardio off days.
    Is this just the beginning to the cellulite coming off, or am I going to continue to get fatter??

lovelylady2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Solutions for Cellulite

This video presentation shows you some unique and rare tips on how to release your cellulite, for a sexy lower-body. This is based on true physiological science on how to stop the actual CAUSE of all the unattractive, mushy dimples and saggy shadows in your lower-body trouble-spots and problem areas.

bit.ly/cellulitelady

deagravelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) deagravelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) deagravelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) deagravelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) deagravelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) deagravelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) deagravelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) deagravelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) deagravelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) deagravelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) deagravelle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Unfortunately for us females cellulite effects approx. 85-98% of us! Lift heavy because cardio will not assist in reducing these problem areas! You want the conversion of fat to muscle to tighten up these areas! Stay Hydrated! and NO more yo-yo dieting!
    Dea Gravelle
    PharmaFreak Sponsored Athlete
    www.pharmafreak.com

Kelaina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kelaina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kelaina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kelaina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kelaina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kelaina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kelaina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kelaina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kelaina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kelaina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kelaina is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oh good grief. I might be new here, but OP, IGNORE the video presentation person and whoever the heck bought the 200 dollar machine from China. Neither one of these are going to work.

As others have said and as you yourself have said, doing heavy lifting with your legs (squats, lunges with weights) will help improve your cellulite. You might never get rid of it (mine is genetically pretty bad, so I'll probably always have a little, but it HAS improved by working my legs heavy), but remember, most women have cellulite.