Location: Seaham, Great Britain, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mattywatson123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mattywatson123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mattywatson123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mattywatson123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mattywatson123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mattywatson123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mattywatson123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mattywatson123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mattywatson123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mattywatson123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Cutting Diet what you think???

stats

weight 14stone 10lbs - 93kg
    height 5.8
    BMI - 32
    Bodyfat - 31

Right hello i am looking to get my bodyfat down to between 10-15 percent, in a period of 16 weeks
    i do cardio 5 days a week at 8AM i only do 45mins at 65% heart rate, burn off around 500 cals

here is my diet ive been following for 1 week 3 days

8AM- 8:15 i go off to do my morning cardio before so i have a banana and a protein shake, glutamine, creatine

after my cardio i try to stay away from carbs/fat and protein for at least 45 mins to keep the fat burn going,
    about a hour after cardio i have tuna and mayonaise no carbs

2 hours later : 3 bags of Quaker oats, cup of egg whites 6 almonds,

( then i do my weight routine 60-90 minutes

instantly after training - Tuna + Mayo 2 bags of quaker oats 2 scoops of protein 1 creatine and 1 glutamine

3 hours later - 2 bags of quaker oats, 1 cup of egg whites 8 almonds

3 hours later tuna + 6 almonds

3 hours late - Protein shake glutamine and creatine 6 almonds or sometimes if im really hungry i have another tuna and mayo,

Then bed

my calories a day are 2000-2100 protein 250 carbs 140 approx fat 46-50 sugar 25g approx saturated fat 9.3

tell me if this is okay to keep going or does it need a few tweeks ive did this cycle a couple of times and its always worked but just want to get some proper advise

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    That's pretty brotastic, brah.

You ever hear of green vegetables? You ever hear of food that tastes good?
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------

Mattywatson123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mattywatson123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mattywatson123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mattywatson123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mattywatson123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mattywatson123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mattywatson123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mattywatson123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mattywatson123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mattywatson123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by nlite2000 View Post
    That's pretty brotastic, brah.

You ever hear of green vegetables? You ever hear of food that tastes good?
    what you mean by brotastic haha good or bad ? and ive got no where in my diet to put green vegetables its not something that bothers me, and im not bothered if it tastes good mate, eating this type of food dosent bother me as long as it cuts my bodyfat down

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)
    'Right hello i am looking to get my bodyfat down to between 10-15 percent, in a period of 16 weeks'

Not going to happen that quick. You're looking at a time scale of double that and beyond if you're going to maintain your lean body mass.

I've been cutting for 39 weeks and lost 37.6 lbs. That's an almost perfect diet. I've gone over maintenance calories twice in ten months, stuck to a deficit of 500 and hit my protein and fat macros every single day (I keep a record). Allow yourself more time.

Originally Posted by Spanishdream View Post
    'Allow yourself more time.
    okay ill just cut until i am the body fat i want to be but is this diet spot on to take me there ?

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Mattywatson123 View Post
    okay ill just cut until i am the body fat i want to be but is this diet spot on to take me there ?
    You need some more fat in there, and the protein is excessive.

- 0.45g of fat per lb of body weight - 75.6g for you
    - 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass

If you're happy eating that, then go for it but it's quite bland and tasteless.

Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what you mean by brotastic haha good or bad ? and ive got no where in my diet to put green vegetables its not something that bothers me, and im not bothered if it tastes good mate, eating this type of food dosent bother me as long as it cuts my bodyfat down
    Fruit/veg is bursting with micronutrients and should be incorporated for general *HEALTH* since there is more to worry about than just lowering BF%. Someone eating junk food all day with a portion of fruit/veg will be eating healthier than you.

Your diet was called "brotastic" because its based around the common bodybuilding myth of meal frequency, having to eat every few hours to speed metabolism (myth). If it's more convinient to eat 2 meals a day do that, if it's more convienent eat 10 meals a day then do that, but just know it will have no effect on your metabolism.

Also your goal will require more time if you want to be realistic.

Originally Posted by Spanishdream View Post
    You need some more fat in there, and the protein is excessive.

- 0.45g of fat per lb of body weight - 75.6g for you
    - 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass

If you're happy eating that, then go for it but it's quite bland and tasteless.
    the taste dosent bother me ive got used to it and ended up liking it weirdly,
    and okay ill bulk the fat up a little bit and yeah i noticed my protein was a little high its about 40grams over what it should be but it was only that high in the first place because i didnt know what else to up to reach my calories intake ill take some protein out and add some fat and then i should be good to go ?

Originally Posted by Mightymuff View Post
    Your diet was called "brotastic" because its based around the common bodybuilding myth of meal frequency, having to eat every few hours to speed metabolism (myth). If it's more convinient to eat 2 meals a day do that, if it's more convienent eat 10 meals a day then do that, but just know it will have no effect on your metabolism.

Also your goal will require more time if you want to be realistic.
    i dont believe its a myth its best for your body to have nutrients every 3 hours imo and okay im going to allow my self more time say 30 weeks also on top of that i really do not care about health, i just want to cut my body fat down, i have occasional fruit but not often because its packed with sugar which i dont need whilst cutting tbh and as for vegetables got no where to include them on my diet

ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is always room for green veggies.
    Yes, your diet is completely boring, as others have noted, but that doesn't mean it is not possible. I have been eating very similarly since the third week of March. My body got to a couple of points where it wasn't responding to my workouts and my diet--I completely plateaued. Prepare for those moments and be ready to make adjustments based on your body's response.

I would also agree that you need to add more time.
    I am in my 29th week... I've dropped from just over 200 to about 153 (I weigh in tomorrow). I can't tell you my bodyfat percentage, but for the past 7 weeks I only lost a pound, though I lost inches, so I know I am still losing fat and building muscle, but knowing how clean I have been eating and how hard I have been working in the gym, I would say allow more time. With that being said, I also encourage you to work as hard as possible and prove us wrong, but just don't get frustrated and give up if it doesn't happen.

But really, incorporate some spinach, broccoli, etc. You need it dude!

Enjoy the process!
    "It's these long days, the ones that drag on when all else are feasting and we are fasting; when all else are tiring and we are training--these are the days that make us a breed apart. Our silent suffering separates us."

Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i dont believe its a myth its best for your body to have nutrients every 3 hours imo
    No it's not, your opinion is wrong since it's not based on any scientific fact which PROVES that it makes no difference.

i really do not care about health, i just want to cut my body fat down
    Fair enough.

i have occasional fruit but not often because its packed with sugar which i dont need whilst cutting tbh and as for vegetables got no where to include them on my diet
    Too many calories makes you fat, not too much sugar. 100 calories of sugar is the same as 100 calories of anything else (from a purely weight gain point of view).

Also veg contains hardly any calories at all, to think you can't fit it in anywhere is ridiculous, but as you said, you don't care about your health so it doesn't matter I suppose.

ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i dont believe its a myth its best for your body to have nutrients every 3 hours imo and okay im going to allow my self more time say 30 weeks also on top of that i really do not care about health, i just want to cut my body fat down, i have occasional fruit but not often because its packed with sugar which i dont need whilst cutting tbh and as for vegetables got no where to include them on my diet
    Complete myth.
    I also eat every few hours, but not because of anything to do with my metabolism... simply bec. I can prepare smaller meals which keep me full throughout the day. How many meals you eat and when you eat them, should be determined by the person based on need and what works best with their schedule and goals. It has nothing to do with metabolism, though that was the general rule for a long time.
    "It's these long days, the ones that drag on when all else are feasting and we are fasting; when all else are tiring and we are training--these are the days that make us a breed apart. Our silent suffering separates us."

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ashgonz View Post
    Yes, your diet is completely boring, as others have noted, but that doesn't mean it is not possible. I have been eating very similarly since the third week of March. My body got to a couple of points where it wasn't responding to my workouts and my diet--I completely plateaued. Prepare for those moments and be ready to make adjustments based on your body's response.

I am in my 29th week... I've dropped from just over 200 to about 153 (I weigh in tomorrow). I can't tell you my bodyfat percentage, but for the past 7 weeks I only lost a pound, though I lost inches, so I know I am still losing fat and building muscle, but knowing how clean I have been eating and how hard I have been working in the gym, I would say allow more time. With that being said, I also encourage you to work as hard as possible and prove us wrong, but just don't get frustrated and give up if it doesn't happen.

Enjoy the process!
    Complete myth.
    I also eat every few hours, but not because of anything to do with my metabolism... simply bec. I can prepare smaller meals which keep me full throughout the day. How many meals you eat and when you eat them, should be determined by the person based on need and what works best with their schedule and goals. It has nothing to do with metabolism, though that was the general rule for a long time.
    true that.
    IIFYM crews ....I Reps back.
    Traditional Wet Shave Crew / I can't hardly wait for tomorrow to come so I can lift then Wet Shave again.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Unfortunately a lot of media pushed the 6 meals per day bull crap, just like all sorts of other bro/pseudo science.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

No it's not, your opinion is wrong since it's not based on any scientific fact which PROVES that it makes no difference.

Fair enough.

Too many calories makes you fat, not too much sugar. 100 calories of sugar is the same as 100 calories of anything else (from a purely weight gain point of view).

Also veg contains hardly any calories at all, to think you can't fit it in anywhere is ridiculous, but as you said, you don't care about your health so it doesn't matter I suppose.
    na

right well i also eat every 3 hours cause i prefer it that way its easier for me, and ive added a few bags of brocoil and cauliflower carrots spinach etc here and there in my diet and a banana or two before i do my training so

Enjoy the process!
    ive added some green vegies and fruit to my diet to up my calories a little and yeah i know my diets boring but in my opinion its the best way to loose weight i have to eat this stuff in order to meet my macro's but ive became used to it now so i really dont mind and good luck on your weight in

na

right well i also eat every 3 hours cause i prefer it that way its easier for me, and ive added a few bags of brocoil and cauliflower carrots spinach etc here and there in my diet and a banana or two before i do my training so
    na what?

na what?
    sorry mate didnt mean to type it

sorry mate didnt mean to type it
    Ok, with those added veggies and some fruit i think your diet is good to go! Good luck