blairj007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blairj007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blairj007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blairj007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blairj007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blairj007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Xtend throughout the day

How many people put a little (1/4 or 1/2 scoop) of Xtend in their water bottle throughout the day? I get burnt out on water and honestly this has motivated me to drink so much more water just with that little bit of flavoring. Knowing that it is good for me, unlike crystal lite packets, makes me feel very good about it. BTW, I drink Orange Dream. Just delicious.

From a man who is now peeing clear, all of the time.....

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by blairj007 View Post
    How many people put a little (1/4 or 1/2 scoop) of Xtend in their water bottle throughout the day? I get burnt out on water and honestly this has motivated me to drink so much more water just with that little bit of flavoring. Knowing that it is good for me, unlike crystal lite packets, makes me feel very good about it. BTW, I drink Orange Dream. Just delicious.

Many people do, and a reasoning is Layne Norton's Muscle Protein Synthesis PDF/Powerpoint.
    His reasoning is dosing xtend between meals 4-6 hours apart (1 serving of Xtend) will aid in letting protein levels reaching their refractory levels before being spiked again.

Fast forward to 4:45 in this video J explains it pretty well, but you can google his document for further research.

While that is an easy way to take down water, its not going to hurt considering how much 1/4-1/2 scoop really costs compared to buying other things out there to aid in sucking down water.

Orange is a huge seller! Glad you like it, I would give Lemon Lime/Apple a go around next.

blairj007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blairj007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blairj007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blairj007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blairj007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blairj007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks! I will keep doing it then. It really is not that expensive and I have Watermelon and Green Apple currently on order!

Nothingface81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The flavor helps a ton, as for its benefits not so sure considering the amount recommended for any real effects. I take a 1/2 gallon bottle of water with me to work everyday and mix 2 scoops in it, then another 2 in my water during my workout. I saw a formula for how many BCAA's per bodyweight you should take in and mine was like 32g's lol so basically $280 a month on Xtend. No thanks

Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawks58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Nothingface81 View Post
    The flavor helps a ton, as for its benefits not so sure considering the amount recommended for any real effects. I take a 1/2 gallon bottle of water with me to work everyday and mix 2 scoops in it, then another 2 in my water during my workout. I saw a formula for how many BCAA's per bodyweight you should take in and mine was like 32g's lol so basically $280 a month on Xtend. No thanks
    The 32g is probably from all sources not just Xtend. I put a couple scoops in my water to drink during the day sometimes, (Take about 3/4 gal to work with me) the look on people's faces when you tell them it is Xtend and they are thinking Xtenze is priceless lol. It definitely helps when you are tired of water and don't want to drink sugar water aka gatorade. Pretty sure 5g BCAA spread out over 8 hours is doing dittily but the water does have some flavor and that is nice.

Nothingface81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Hawks58 View Post
    The 32g is probably from all sources not just Xtend. I put a couple scoops in my water to drink during the day sometimes, (Take about 3/4 gal to work with me) the look on people's faces when you tell them it is Xtend and they are thinking Xtenze is priceless lol. It definitely helps when you are tired of water and don't want to drink sugar water aka gatorade. Pretty sure 5g BCAA spread out over 8 hours is doing dittily but the water does have some flavor and that is nice.
    hey 10g of BCAA's i guess is better then none lol, and it last the whole month plus the taste is worth it cause water sucks haha

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not a bad idea at all to drink Xtend in between meals. If you have the cash... i'd go for it.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

influence will become famous soon enough. (+50) influence will become famous soon enough. (+50) influence will become famous soon enough. (+50) influence will become famous soon enough. (+50) influence will become famous soon enough. (+50) influence will become famous soon enough. (+50) influence will become famous soon enough. (+50) influence will become famous soon enough. (+50) influence will become famous soon enough. (+50) influence will become famous soon enough. (+50) influence will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wish I could shower in BCAA's...

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by influence View Post
    I wish I could shower in BCAA's...
    I'll give you a golden shower for free.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Originally Posted by Nothingface81 View Post
    There is no "Formula" For BCAA's and whatever it was.. was simply a joke. BCAA's are free forms of protein that are instantly digested at a different rate/speed that whole food proteins (several hours from regular protein sources compared to instant in BCAA's).

The body does not have a limit of protien per meal or per hour that is depending on the overall 24 hour load of calories and your meal frequency which has been debunked (thanks to alan and martin) through various pubmed research.

So take that chart and toss it out the window Don't know where that broscience came from.

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...a-single-meal/

"Based on the available evidence, it’s false to assume that the body can only use a certain amount of protein per meal. Studies examining short-term effects have provided hints towards what might be an optimal protein dose for maximizing anabolism, but trials drawn out over longer periods haven’t supported this idea. So, is there a limit to how much protein per meal can be effectively used? Yes there is, but this limit is likely similar to the amount that’s maximally effective in an entire day. What’s the most protein that the body can effectively use in an entire day? The short answer is, a lot more than 20-30 g. The long answer is, it depends on several factors. In most cases it’s not too far from a gram per pound in drug-free trainees, given that adequate total calories are provided [8,9].

In terms of application, I’ve consistently observed the effectiveness of having approximately a quarter of your target bodyweight in both the pre- and post-exercise meal. Note: target bodyweight is a surrogate index of lean mass, and I use that to avoid making skewed calculations in cases where individuals are markedly over- or underweight. This dose surpasses the amounts seen to cause a maximal anabolic response but doesn’t impinge upon the rest of the day’s protein allotment, which can be distributed as desired. On days off from training, combine or split up your total protein allotment according to your personal preference and digestive tolerance. I realize that freedom and flexibility are uncommon terms in physique culture, but maybe it’s time for a paradigm shift."

21chase21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just bought some of this stuff yesterday. Can't wait to try it! I got blueberry, hope it is good!

Wink

Originally Posted by Hawks58 View Post
    the look on people's faces when you tell them it is Xtend and they are thinking Xtenze is priceless lol.
    I have this happen all of the time as well. I tell them I like to get an early start for when I get home if you know what I am saying....

Thank you all for the input. I have enjoyed Xtend quite a bit and I will continue putting some in my water bottle as it is only helping.

dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbone1026 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thank you all for the input. I have enjoyed Xtend quite a bit and I will continue putting some in my water bottle as it is only helping.
    I usually have BCAA drink during my workout. About a week ago I started having another drink (Xtend or Core ABC) at some point during the day. I am on a cut so it has helped keep me feeling full in between meals, and I much prefer the taste over plain water (Lemon Lime Sour Xtend)
    Kenshin and Dbone's Nursing Home Adventures (ongoing) ... http://tinyurl.com/ns23wak

DasRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) DasRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) DasRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) DasRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) DasRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) DasRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) DasRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) DasRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) DasRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) DasRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) DasRoy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Always! Great way to stay hydrated and energetic!
    www.SNAC.com

Roy@SNAC.com

Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I do this as well. I love to drink Xtend during my workout (and as I'm finishing up my workout) and then use RecoverPRO, Atomic 7, etc. at other times throughout the day.

Keeps the flavor fresh (because I'm rotating flavors and products) and keeps me full.

-Spaz

optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Important to stay hydrated. On the other hand... studies, along with papers like Layne's that have been posted on here, go into how the body ignores "moderate" levels of Aminos floating through the bloodstream for muscle synthesis. What gets muscle synthesis revved up again is high amount of leucine, etc. delivered in a short period. I think it was specifically like 5g leucine, plus some others. Even better after a workout. Not saying that sipping on it throughout the day is a bad idea, but it will not necessarily promote the anabolism that you are hoping for. However, it may be useful in preventing catabolism if you have long periods in between meals, so I suppose it is still doing something.
    **Eat lots and lots of birds. The smaller the bird, the more compact its protein content. Parrots are great sources for protein.**

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by optimus1 View Post
    Important to stay hydrated. On the other hand... studies, along with papers like Layne's that have been posted on here, go into how the body ignores "moderate" levels of Aminos floating through the bloodstream for muscle synthesis. What gets muscle synthesis revved up again is high amount of leucine, etc. delivered in a short period. I think it was specifically like 5g leucine, plus some others. Even better after a workout. Not saying that sipping on it throughout the day is a bad idea, but it will not necessarily promote the anabolism that you are hoping for. However, it may be useful in preventing catabolism if you have long periods in between meals, so I suppose it is still doing something.
    0.045g Leu/kg BW

Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
    I usually have BCAA drink during my workout. About a week ago I started having another drink (Xtend or Core ABC) at some point during the day. I am on a cut so it has helped keep me feeling full in between meals, and I much prefer the taste over plain water (Lemon Lime Sour Xtend)
    This is what I have been doing as well. What I am doing is 2 scoops in 23-24 oz during workout and then 1/2 or a 1/4 scoop in 20 0z throughout the day. It is a treat to not have to try and chug plain water all day. I will try the lemon lime.

Originally Posted by optimus1 View Post
    Honestly, I am not too concerned about getting anything extra by sipping it throughout the day. I just need the flavoring to motivate me to drink water. Honestly, over the past several months I have been forcing the water down and not liking it, but with this, I feel a little bit less hungry between meals and I love the flavor. In any case, thank you for the input!

optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) optimus1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Honestly, I am not too concerned about getting anything extra by sipping it throughout the day. I just need the flavoring to motivate me to drink water. Honestly, over the past several months I have been forcing the water down and not liking it, but with this, I feel a little bit less hungry between meals and I love the flavor. In any case, thank you for the input!
    Fair enough. No hate on X-Tend, which I have used before and think is a solid product, but if your primary reason for this is "tasty water" then something like Crystal Light or a cheap electrolyte powder would do just as well, for a lot less money.
    **Eat lots and lots of birds. The smaller the bird, the more compact its protein content. Parrots are great sources for protein.**

Originally Posted by Big_Spaz View Post
    I do this as well. I love to drink Xtend during my workout (and as I'm finishing up my workout) and then use RecoverPRO, Atomic 7, etc. at other times throughout the day.

Keeps the flavor fresh (because I'm rotating flavors and products) and keeps me full.

-Spaz
    Thank you for the continued support since day 1 J!

This is what I have been doing as well. What I am doing is 2 scoops in 23-24 oz during workout and then 1/2 or a 1/4 scoop in 20 0z throughout the day. It is a treat to not have to try and chug plain water all day. I will try the lemon lime.
    Awesome. And I agree, for the cost its hard to beat, not to mention it will only aid in recovery from taking Xtend. For the cost you are paying for a small serving its well worth the benefits compared to drinking a diet soda or buying crystal light packets which are just sugar to flavor a water beverage. Why not get a little extra dose of BCAA's, Glutamine, Electrolytes, and CM for the same price if not cheaper.

Lemon Lime is totally legit, It will be one of our best sellers in the new flavoring. The people in Vegas for the Olympia kept saying "Tastes just like a Lemon Lime gatorade".