Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Skim milk!!

canadacatman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadacatman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadacatman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadacatman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadacatman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadacatman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadacatman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadacatman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Skim milk!!

Can I count the protein in skim milk towards my daily totals.

Thanks

FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why would you think you shouldn't?

Registered User MonsterintheMaking's Avatar
    MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterintheMaking is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by canadacatman View Post
    Can I count the protein in skim milk towards my daily totals.

Thanks
    Yes, you absolutely would. Why wouldn't you man? Protein is protein.

Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm curious the reasoning as to why you wouldn't count it?
    "The body achieves what the mind believes"

-Team Never Full-
    *Misc Cologne Crew*
    | S&P Crew |

canadacatman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadacatman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadacatman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadacatman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadacatman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadacatman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadacatman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadacatman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Was told from someone on the body for life it counts as carbs only.

Another thing I am just getting into lifting after loosing 30 pounds just watching my food and cardio. I know that I need a good amount of protein to gain and keep any muscle I get.

I am 342 pounds and know I would not need 1 gram per body weight. What would I need and also would like to know about carbs I am thinking maybe 200 carbs for my weight.

Thanks this is greatly appreciated.

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Count everything into your totals.
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete

ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000)

Another thing I am just getting into lifting after loosing 30 pounds just watching my food and cardio. I know that I need a good amount of protein to gain and keep any muscle I get.

I am 342 pounds and know I would not need 1 gram per body weight. What would I need and also would like to know about carbs I am thinking maybe 200 carbs for my weight.

Welcome - I post on the BFL website too. There are a lot of great people there that are working hard to improve themselves etc...That being said, I only post over there because I have a few personal friends and it is nice for the occasional feel good motivation. Read up on the stickies provided in this forum and in general use the information here for your nutrition guidelines. A lot of the people on BFL - allbeit with good intentions - would have you have going down the wrong road in my opinion...FYI, I post under the same username over there.
    *Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs Thread

"I think most of us would pay good money to be able to fit a whole jar of the greatest thing known to man into our macros on a daily basis." - MikeK46

sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

BFL's nutrition program is actually not terrible compared to many mainstream programs, but it's very simplified. It tells you to construct your meals with a "serving" of protein, a "serving" of carbs, etc. That's why your friend is confused.

For more accurate information, read the stickies.
    Who do men say that I am?

ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sunngodd View Post
    BFL's nutrition program is actually not terrible compared to many mainstream programs, but it's very simplified. It tells you to construct your meals with a "serving" of protein, a "serving" of carbs, etc. That's why your friend is confused.

For more accurate information, read the stickies.
    Very true...the main problem I have with it, is that most of the people following it are on very low fat diets. The hand/fist portion sizes actually led me to under eating by quite a bit. I realize that is not the case for all. The other issue is that most of the people doing it have a list of "clean" and "dirty" foods they live and die by...But overall the layout is doing a lot more good than harm I would say - even if it is brotastic!
    *Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs Thread

"I think most of us would pay good money to be able to fit a whole jar of the greatest thing known to man into our macros on a daily basis." - MikeK46

Does anyone know how much protein and carbs I should have daily. I weight 342 pounds.

Thanks

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Does anyone know how much protein and carbs I should have daily. I weight 342 pounds.
    See: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?p=436716771

ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ashgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks
    Use an online calculator, but it also depends on your goals, your workout intensity for the day, etc. And, yes, count the protein.
    "It's these long days, the ones that drag on when all else are feasting and we are fasting; when all else are tiring and we are training--these are the days that make us a breed apart. Our silent suffering separates us."

milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, but if your on a cut, I would definitely suggest replacing the milk with solid food as milk is not very satiating (wont keep you full long).

As for your daily macros, if your looking to lose fat, 1-1.5 g of pro/lbm is sufficient. Keeping carbs down will also help in your fat loss, 1.5-2g of carbs/lbm worked for me in my fatloss stage. Also keeping fats as low as possible benefited me as well during my fat loss stage. But most importantly, just as everyone has mentioned before me, count EVERY calorie that goes into your mouth, try you best not to leave any margin. If you put in the work (training) and track those calories/macros, you will achieve your fatloss goals. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by milkneggs786; 10-04-2011 at 01:22 PM.
    “No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
    -Socrates

I am 342 pounds. There is no way I need 342 grams of protein and 500 grams of carbs. DO I.

Thanks

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am 342 pounds. There is no way I need 342 grams of protein and 500 grams of carbs. DO I.
    Why don't you read the sticky linked to in my prior post???

I did and it said 1 x LEAN mass to 0.8-1 x total weight in pounds.
    I do not think unless your a body builder you need 342 grams of protein especially when I am just starting the weights.

Thanks

^ You're not reading the sticky correctly. Please try again.

Ok if it is not that then needs to be this STRENGTH training -> 1.2 to 1.6g per KG bodyweight (about .6 / pound)

Thanks

MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thanks
    It's based on LEAN body mass, not total.

It refers to the sum of everything other than fat in your body. You don't need protein to support your bodyfat. You have to subtract your bodyfat to determine how much protein and dietary fat you should be eating.

You probably have ~150lbs of lean mass, so you'd be fine with at least ~150g protein and ~75g fat.

I do not know my body fat. I think maybe I will have to try to figure it out.

Thanks

^ Post a picture and we'll estimate your BF.

Ya I was told to eat roughly 150 grams a day for 150lbs of lean mass would be almost right.

Thanks

MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    ^ Post a picture and we'll estimate your BF.
    I think 50% is a good guesstimate if he's 5'8" and 342lbs.

I need 50 posts to post images

Ya I was told to eat roughly 150 grams a day for 150lbs of lean mass would be almost right.

Thanks
    I hope you realize that it's a steady caloric deficit that will result in weight loss, not your macronutrient composition.

I need 50 posts to post images
    Quickly...post 6 more times.

I put a picture in my profile. Thanks

I put a picture in my profile. Thanks
    I just checked, but I don't see any photos.

Yes I realize that. I do eat right now just read that I need to increase my protein so as not to loose and muscle I have or gain while doing my cardio and WILL BE lifting now also.

Thanks

Ok.