Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Beast 3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast 3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast 3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast 3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast 3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast 3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast 3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast 3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast 3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast 3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast 3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

What is the best cutting workout that has worked for you?

I am on my cutting phase now.

JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would like to see some responses too. I will be cutting in January.

Less weight and more reps?

3 sets of 10 as heavy as possible for correct form?

SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    During my cutting phase.. usually around February.. I supp up... low carbs... cables.. cables.. cables... I usually go to about 12 reps on each exercise....

bigkmedium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do at least 6 different exersises per body part twice a week,at least 4 sets, i always do at LEAST 24 sets per body part, on last few reps hold it out and really get it to burn.
    bigkmedium

Dorian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    during cut I like to use a program charles poliquin designed called german body comp or the manly diet workout. It really is thoruogh and effective for cutting.

Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Actually I beleive in keeping my weight training exactly the same as my bulk phase but I add in 4 sessions of cardio in the morning on an empty stomach and reduce calries on a weekly basis.

peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for bringing in some sanity Mr. Lean.
    Reduce calories, increase cardio, continue to train for strength and size. Training does not "cut" a physique. Stripping away fat to better see the muscles development is cutting.

JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Clen is looking better and better everyday.
    The Autumn wind is a RAIDER

Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree with Peterb, changing to lower weight and high reps will not help cut up, actually it will accomplish the opposite. The more muscle you add on to your body, the more efficient your body is at burning fat while resting. Lifting to put on muscle is just as important as cardio for cutting up. So, the best thing while cutting I think is to keep your weight training the same as while bulking, but add cardio and gradually decrease calories, simple carbs, and get enough protein.

BiG RED HH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I lower the volume and frequency because when you're in calorie deficit the body cannot recover as fast. Stay with heavy exercises tho to keep your muscle bellies full and strength high

Br

Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Actually I'll agree w/ Dorian and I too follow Poliquin's GBC program, which calls for high reps w/ little rest in between and alternating body parts.
    -Andrew

SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by Andrew81
    Actually I'll agree w/ Dorian and I too follow Poliquin's GBC program, which calls for high reps w/ little rest in between and alternating body parts.
    Dorian hit the nail on the head here, Poliquin's GBC progam is amazzzzziinnngggg.... Great cutting program!
    *spot for sale- low monthly rates*

blind527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blind527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blind527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blind527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blind527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blind527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blind527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blind527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blind527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blind527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blind527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    how do you know when to cut, I have been only bb for 2 months now and I think I know cutting is cardio and diet, when do you know when to, and how do you (stupid question)

Originally posted by blind527
    how do you know when to cut, I have been only bb for 2 months now and I think I know cutting is cardio and diet, when do you know when to, and how do you (stupid question)
    Cutting also involves a "slightly" different training method as well. However for since you have only been training for 2 months you are going to shoot up in body weight and stregnth fast. Get used to your basic lifts, Squats, deads, military press etc... You can work your cutting cycles in after 4 months or so. Personally I cutt 4-5 months out of the year, and bulk during the snowy months.. Blahhh...
    *spot for sale- low monthly rates*

blind527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blind527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blind527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blind527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blind527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blind527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blind527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blind527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blind527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blind527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blind527 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yeah, I have gone up 5 pounds in a month using creatine. In 2 1/2 to 3 weeks I went up from 95 (terrible as hell) to 150 pound on my max. I can now do 135 7 times. I have gone up a lot. thanks a lot. I will have some pics of my pussy body in a couple of weeks!!!! lol

LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Mr.Lean View Post
    Actually I beleive in keeping my weight training exactly the same as my bulk phase but I add in 4 sessions of cardio in the morning on an empty stomach and reduce calries on a weekly basis.
    I definately agree with Mr. Lean, especially since I am female, and continuing to lift heavy is just the way to go IMO, but I have a few questions.....
    While doing this during your cutting phase, is it possible to continue to put on some muscle??
    My bulking phase unfortunately went mostly to my lower half (expected!) and now that I'm cutting I'm worried that my upper half will lose muscle.
    I've only been doing 20minutes of cardio 4x/week because I'm scared of losing the upper body muscle, but at the same time, I want to lose my fat on the lower half....what do I do??
    Would adding a bit of cardio during the evening help or make my loss to fast??

Please and thank-youuuuu

LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by LaVida View Post
    I definately agree with Mr. Lean, especially since I am female, and continuing to lift heavy is just the way to go IMO, but I have a few questions.....
    While doing this during your cutting phase, is it possible to continue to put on some muscle??
    My bulking phase unfortunately went mostly to my lower half (expected!) and now that I'm cutting I'm worried that my upper half will lose muscle.
    I've only been doing 20minutes of cardio 4x/week because I'm scared of losing the upper body muscle, but at the same time, I want to lose my fat on the lower half....what do I do??
    Would adding a bit of cardio during the evening help or make my loss to fast??

Please and thank-youuuuu

Anyone??

outy565 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outy565 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outy565 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outy565 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i heard that glutamine is good for the cutting phase to prevent muscle loss.

JustRiv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just remember losing weight is about calories in vs calories out.

If you eat more calories than you burn you will gain weight...burn more calories than you consume and you will lose weight.

Remain lifting heavy to maintain as much muscle as possible while losing weight.

An easy strategy to burn more calories and not add any extra days during your routine is to include some form of cardio in between most of your normal working sets.

You will get so much more done in less time. Perform a plank for 30-120 seconds or longer while resting to perform another set. Do jumping jacks, sit ups, squat thrusts, burpees, jump rope, sit ups, etc. in between sets and you will DEF get that heart rate up, sweat a whole lot more, and burn more calories each session in s shorter amount of time!

Just don't do any exercises that will cause local muscular fatigue and hurt your performance for your next set. For example don't burn out on push ups then hit up the bench!
    "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." Buddha

foodrockshard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm in a similar boat. Been bulking for four months, started at 168 and 14.5% body fat, now I'm 185-186, don't know percentage, and I've stopped fitting my clothes, so it's cut time.

I tried carb cycling but I'm just getting too much of a calorie deficit since I'm a vegetarian. So I'm switching to an all clean diet, lower carbs than normal, at least 185 grams protein every day, and continuing my starting strength routine. That's three sets of five reps on Squats, Bench, and Dead, then Squats, OHP, and Row on the second day.

I'm thinking of throwing in a day or two of swimming laps because I enjoy it.

Now here's the question: am I going to be able to retain a decent amount of muscle? Or am I going to lose everything I worked for?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

seveer19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

My Cutting Workout

This is the workout that I am using to currently cut to get down to 175lbs. (started at 232)but now I am at 190 and for the last 15 lbs I am using this workout. Keep in mind that the number of reps will change if I feel like going extreme. I also eat 1500-1800calories a day or less.

Workout Schedule

Monday
    Back and Biceps:
    -Concentration Curls 2x12
    -Standing Hammer Curls 2x12
    -Pull-ups Until Fail
    -Lat Pull downs 3x8
    -Dips 2x12
    <Cardio-Bicycle>
    Tuesday
    Chest and Triceps:
    -Pushups Wide Grip 1x25
    -Pushups Decline 1x25
    -Pec Flies 4x8
    -Bench Press 4x8
    -Incline Bench Press 4x8
    -Skull Crushers 3x12
    <Cardio-Bicycle>
    Wednesday
    Legs:
    -Weighted Lunges 4x8 each leg
    -Back Squat 4x8
    -Seated Calf Raises 4x8
    <Cardio-None>
    Thursday
    Back and Biceps:
    -Seated Bicep Curls 2x12
    -Standing Barbell Bicep Curl 2x12
    -Pull-ups Until Fail
    -Lat Pull downs 3x8
    -Dips 2x12
    <Cardio-Bicycle>
    Friday
    Chest and Triceps:
    -Pushups Wide Grip 1x25
    -Pec Flies 4x8
    -Bench Press 4x8
    -Incline Bench Press 4x8
    -Skull Crushers 3x12
    <Cardio-Bicycle>
    Saturday
    Run 3 Miles
    Sunday
    OFF

Platinum Account Member b3rtstare's Avatar
    b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) b3rtstare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So Op, What cutting workout worked best for you?

lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lauhpurush is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ignorance is bliss in this thread

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by lauhpurush View Post
    ignorance is bliss in this thread

And on more than one level, it seems.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

JakeLE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeLE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by outy565 View Post
    i heard that glutamine is good for the cutting phase to prevent muscle loss.
    Yea you are right since glutamine is an amino acid. While on your cutting phase be sure to take a good BCAA so you dont lose muscle considering your upping the cardio

My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Keep training heavy, but go with less volume in terms of sets. Listen to your body; if it feels rundown, then don't go bust out 14 sets for chest. Take it light and go with 6-7 sets.
    Team Beyond Fitness - http://********.com/beyondfitnessofficial
    For coaching, send me a personal message!

Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Do you think making exercises faster but more repetitions is better? I don't know lol

Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Power_Strike92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When I start my cut I'm just going to do more supersets

Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Do you think making exercises faster but more repetitions is better? I don't know lol