Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Calories in Battered fish and Chips...

So being from England I do dabble in the occasional portion of battered fish and chips (usually when I go to the football with a few friends).

Generally on these days I adopt a IIFYM approach and try and fit the fish and chips into my calorie allowances. Now when i've done research online into the calorie content of an average size portion of fish and chips the results vary greatly. Many sites suggest that Fish and chips is actually one of the better forms of 'fast food' (protein in the fish ect.) and suggest that there's around 600 calories per portion, while others seem to suggest the calories could be double this.

Can anyone shed some light on a realistic estimate of calories? I generally presume around 1000 but im not sure...

synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Leeds001 View Post
    So being from England I do dabble in the occasional portion of battered fish and chips (usually when I go to the football with a few friends).

Generally on these days I adopt a IIFYM approach and try and fit the fish and chips into my calorie allowances. Now when i've done research online into the calorie content of an average size portion of fish and chips the results vary greatly. Many sites suggest that Fish and chips is actually one of the better forms of 'fast food' (protein in the fish ect.) and suggest that there's around 600 calories per portion, while others seem to suggest the calories could be double this.

Can anyone shed some light on a realistic estimate of calories? I generally presume around 1000 but im not sure...
    you know this food is loaded with transfats.... you can make better choices.

moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Generally on these days I adopt a IIFYM approach and try and fit the fish and chips into my calorie allowances.
    ??? so on other days you eat foods that don't fit into your macros? you cheat everyday?

Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leeds001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by moneyrich View Post
    ??? so on other days you eat foods that don't fit into your macros? you cheat everyday?
    I generally eat pretty 'bro' all week is what I was implying

moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I generally eat pretty 'bro' all week is what I was implying
    then don't eat the fish and chips man. They are dirty and will make you fat.

Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noviceplus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Serving sizes vary. I tried nathans (connection to arthur treacher's), but their nutrition section was down for the moment. So, went to long john silver's info.

1 piece of battered Alaskan pollock (92g): 260 calories
    Fries - platter portion (85g): 230 calories

Course, I've never seen a plate of fish and chips with only 1 piece of fish. So, multiply as needed.

oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000)
    no chance of estimating that one pal.

Are you cutting or bulking? If youre cutting, I would allow for atleast 1k worth of cals and only around 40/50g Protein, if your bulking, dont worry about it too much if its only once a week or so.
    140bpm all day every day

nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000)
    LMFAO. You got some pretty bro answers at the beginning there. As long as you aren't doing it several times a week, don't feel bad about it at all. Gotta enjoy life a little bit. And contrary to the apparent belief above, if it fits in your cals for the day, you won't magically put on fat (as I'm sure you already know). Novice got ya on the cals but I couldn't resist taking a job at the brotastic responses you were gettin.

Originally Posted by nhclone View Post
    LMFAO. You got some pretty bro answers at the beginning there. As long as you aren't doing it several times a week, don't feel bad about it at all. Gotta enjoy life a little bit. And contrary to the apparent belief above, if it fits in your cals for the day, you won't magically put on fat (as I'm sure you already know). Novice got ya on the cals but I couldn't resist taking a job at the brotastic responses you were gettin.
    Hopefully I implied in the OP that im no bro haha... I understand that you can essentially eat anything as long as it falls within calories/macros... that was the fundamental reason for the thread so I could fit it into my macro's.

Harry Ramsden's (famous fish and chip restaurant) suggest around 600 cals per serving and around 9.1g of fat per 100g

NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Synthetic has spoken. Do as he says.

notsrs
    *Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs.

FKK - Our lord and saviour has dat jaw

You seem agitated. Perhaps you aren't getting enough fap in your diet.
    (c)Andrew_S

sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by synthetic View Post
    Please quantify "loaded"
    Who do men say that I am?

synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by sunngodd View Post
    Please quantify "loaded"
    I advise avoiding any even in the micro gram count , but this type of food has counts in the grams ... **** one stand serving could be decagrams.

nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000)
    I advise avoiding any even in the micro gram count , but this type of food has counts in the grams ... **** one stand serving could be decagrams.
    He should be fine if he eats it before 7pm and takes in 10g Creatine afterwards.

sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Are you aware of any evidence that trans fats in trace amounts is dangerous?

Originally Posted by sunngodd View Post
    Are you aware of any evidence that trans fats in trace amounts is dangerous?
    You want to play lawyer now? Any amount in-vivo does cause damage, there can be no RDA set as this is a non-essential agent for the human body. The point here is you have better choices then consuming something with known detrimental effects. Why fish and chips over broiled fish and potatoes?

[QUOTE=synthetic;758650263]You want to play lawyer now? Any amount in-vivo does cause damage, there can be no RDA set as this is a non-essential agent for the human body. The point here is you have better choices then consuming something with known detrimental effects. Why fish and chips over broiled fish and potatoes?[/QUOTE]

Because it tastes 10x better. /that argument

You want to play lawyer now? Any amount in-vivo does cause damage, there can be no RDA set as this is a non-essential agent for the human body. The point here is you have better choices then consuming something with known detrimental effects. Why fish and chips over broiled fish and potatoes?
    I was just wondering if you were aware of any studies showing the dangerous affects of the consumption of trace amounts of trans fats. I'll take your reply as a "no."

By all means, don't allow the lack of evidence to disrupt the fear mongering.

it is known a touching a 400* hot plate is bad for you ... it causes n degree burns determined by time and pressure on the plate. Because there is no study on this, we should continue touching the hot plate without worry about the miniscule time our hands spend on the hot plate.

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    this is a good website for nutrition info:
    http://www.calorieking.com/foods/sea...howresults=yes
    and judging by your avatar just keep doing what your doing, or better yet eat some more.
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

papty123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) papty123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) papty123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) papty123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) papty123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) papty123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) papty123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) papty123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) papty123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) papty123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) papty123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Noviceplus View Post

Course, I've never seen a plate of fish and chips with only 1 piece of fish. So, multiply as needed.
    You've never been to England then Braaaaaaah
    If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse.

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Strong bump. Glad you were able to be such a useful addition to the conversation.

RattyGains is not very well liked. (-100) RattyGains is not very well liked. (-100) RattyGains is not very well liked. (-100) RattyGains is not very well liked. (-100) RattyGains is not very well liked. (-100) RattyGains is not very well liked. (-100) RattyGains is not very well liked. (-100) RattyGains is not very well liked. (-100) RattyGains is not very well liked. (-100) RattyGains is not very well liked. (-100) RattyGains is not very well liked. (-100)
    Broiled fish and potatoes is your idea of a cheat meal? I'd be surprised if you have friends

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by RattyGains View Post
    Broiled fish and potatoes is your idea of a cheat meal? I'd be surprised if you have friends
    Likewise bumping old threads like this.
    Eat the damn yolk.

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RattyGains View Post
    Strong first post reply to someone who has been banned for quite awhile.
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

― Mark Twain

trollwarlord23 is a name known to all. (+5000) trollwarlord23 is a name known to all. (+5000) trollwarlord23 is a name known to all. (+5000) trollwarlord23 is a name known to all. (+5000) trollwarlord23 is a name known to all. (+5000) trollwarlord23 is a name known to all. (+5000) trollwarlord23 is a name known to all. (+5000) trollwarlord23 is a name known to all. (+5000) trollwarlord23 is a name known to all. (+5000) trollwarlord23 is a name known to all. (+5000) trollwarlord23 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by oats_addict View Post
    no chance of estimating that one pal.

Are you cutting or bulking? If youre cutting, I would allow for atleast 1k worth of cals and only around 40/50g Protein, if your bulking, dont worry about it too much if its only once a week or so.
    The stupidity in this post is unbelievable. Limiting protein on a cut (or even a bulk) is illogical - it is common knowledge that whilst cutting, the more protein you eat, the better off you will be as far as conserving muscle mass is concerned. Some people also advocate eating around 1.7 g protein per lb in bodyweight whilst cutting.

Irrespective of what people recommend, natural sources of protein taste great (poultry, seafood, red meat etc etc)...and I would much rather eat a juicy chicken breast over a tepid bowl of whole wheat pasta...but that simply boils down to personal preference.

Why you would advocate limiting protein on a cut to 50 grams per day is beyond me.......unless you are trolling. Such a stupid post.

OP, religiously eat all the protein you can get.

Now as far as battered fish and chips are concerned - they are loaded with trans fats and yes OP, you can make WAY better choices....like pan frying tilapia or (insert favourite fish here) with a side of mashed potatoes or even homemade sweet potato fries or random veggies.

But you live only once and if battered fish and chips make you happy.........eat it! Life is short - take full control of it and enjoy it as long as it lasts!

Yes, I know - strong bump YADDA YADDA but I was cruising the misc and came across this dumb broscience and I couldn't resist...

oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000) oldandintheway is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Some days you have to say fuq it and dive in. A good fish and chips, bonus for mashed peas, and I’m in. Life’s short
    I get a tax deduction just by hanging out here

More reps, no texts

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by trollwarlord23 View Post
    The stupidity in this post is unbelievable. Limiting protein on a cut (or even a bulk) is illogical - it is common knowledge that whilst cutting, the more protein you eat, the better off you will be as far as conserving muscle mass is concerned. Some people also advocate eating around 1.7 g protein per lb in bodyweight whilst cutting.

Irrespective of what people recommend, natural sources of protein taste great (poultry, seafood, red meat etc etc)...and I would much rather eat a juicy chicken breast over a tepid bowl of whole wheat pasta...but that simply boils down to personal preference.

Why you would advocate limiting protein on a cut to 50 grams per day is beyond me.......unless you are trolling. Such a stupid post.

OP, religiously eat all the protein you can get.

Now as far as battered fish and chips are concerned - they are loaded with trans fats and yes OP, you can make WAY better choices....like pan frying tilapia or (insert favourite fish here) with a side of mashed potatoes or even homemade sweet potato fries or random veggies.

But you live only once and if battered fish and chips make you happy.........eat it! Life is short - take full control of it and enjoy it as long as it lasts!

Yes, I know - strong bump YADDA YADDA but I was cruising the misc and came across this dumb broscience and I couldn't resist...
    Not as stupid as bumping a 4 year old post
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

trollwarlord23 is a name known to all. (+5000) trollwarlord23 is a name known to all. (+5000) trollwarlord23 is a name known to all. (+5000) trollwarlord23 is a name known to all. (+5000) trollwarlord23 is a name known to all. (+5000) trollwarlord23 is a name known to all. (+5000) trollwarlord23 is a name known to all. (+5000) trollwarlord23 is a name known to all. (+5000) trollwarlord23 is a name known to all. (+5000) trollwarlord23 is a name known to all. (+5000) trollwarlord23 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Not as stupid as bumping a 4 year old post
    8 year old post, sonny boy

But who was basic mathematics?

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by trollwarlord23 View Post
    8 year old post, sonny boy

But who was basic mathematics?
    Thread is 8 years

The POST was from 2015

But who was basic calendar knowledge
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Thread is 8 years

The POST was from 2015

But who was basic calendar knowledge
    You win.

Reps off recharge