Registered User davidfromsydney's Avatar
    davidfromsydney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

All over stalling

Now I know that I must be doing something wrong here but I feel like I can't push past any of my lifts at all. I've been training now for 8 months, have put on 8kg in this time (some is fat of course). However the last 2 months no matter what I do I just can't push past. Here is a quick outline of workouts

Mon - chest tris
    Tues - back bis
    Wed - legs
    Thurs - shoulders traps
    Fri - arms

As I said, I know I'm doing something wrong here, but I just really would appreciate any help getting back into putting more weight onto the bar.

miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by davidfromsydney View Post
    Now I know that I must be doing something wrong here but I feel like I can't push past any of my lifts at all. I've been training now for 8 months, have put on 8kg in this time (some is fat of course). However the last 2 months no matter what I do I just can't push past. Here is a quick outline of workouts

Mon - chest tris
    Tues - back bis
    Wed - legs
    Thurs - shoulders traps
    Fri - arms

As I said, I know I'm doing something wrong here, but I just really would appreciate any help getting back into putting more weight onto the bar.
    That happens VERY often to a lot of beginners, even happened to me. First 6 months my strength was increasing AMAZINGLY each week even though I was training for muscle. After that I was at a plateau. My advice is don't fight the plateau, I'd go into the opposite spectrum of weighttraining. If you trained for strength, switch to bodybuilding. If you trained for bodybuilding, go to strength for a few months. Do that and come back to your actual goals, you'll be able to perform better. Either that or fight the plateau with doing dropsets and pyramid sets and switching up your routine. Your choice

Registered User davidfromsydney's Avatar
    davidfromsydney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by miz656 View Post
    That happens VERY often to a lot of beginners, even happened to me. First 6 months my strength was increasing AMAZINGLY each week even though I was training for muscle. After that I was at a plateau. My advice is don't fight the plateau, I'd go into the opposite spectrum of weighttraining. If you trained for strength, switch to bodybuilding. If you trained for bodybuilding, go to strength for a few months. Do that and come back to your actual goals, you'll be able to perform better. Either that or fight the plateau with doing dropsets and pyramid sets and switching up your routine. Your choice
    Awesome, thanks for the reply. Previously I had been doing a bodybuilding style program chasing weight gain. Do you believe if I follow a similar workout but drop reps to 5 and ramp up the weight I may push through?