KaySwiss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaySwiss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaySwiss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaySwiss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaySwiss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaySwiss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaySwiss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaySwiss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaySwiss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaySwiss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaySwiss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Faster bat speed?

Other than just strength increase, is there any way to train for an increase in bat speed into your work out routine?
    Getting stronger will obviously make the bat lighter = faster..

Main question is, since your trying to train your quick (fast) twitch muscles.. should you do more quick, explosive reps at lighter weight or is it different lifts entirly?
    When I found out we could not be together, I then looked her father in his eyes, sniffed my fingers and smiled...

paskicker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paskicker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paskicker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paskicker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paskicker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paskicker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paskicker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paskicker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KaySwiss View Post
    Other than just strength increase, is there any way to train for an increase in bat speed into your work out routine?

Main question is, since your trying to train your quick (fast) twitch muscles.. should you do more quick, explosive reps at lighter weight or is it different lifts entirly?
    Haven't played baseball in a long time, but technique is important, too. You have to learn how to "load the spring" before swinging, and use your whole body.

Look up "Ken Griffey Swing Analysis" on Youtube. Little guy, big stick, because he could swing so fast...and a lot of that speed came from how he incorporated his entire body into his swing.

I'll leave it to the current baseball players to give you actual workout tips - I have no idea what would be best there.

jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your major lifts bench/squat can be lower reps to get you stronger and then power cleans, lunges, burpees, sprints all can be used to train power. There are plenty of other exercises but these are some examples.
    =============================================
    My Training Log:
    new log soon!
    =============================================

KaySwiss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaySwiss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaySwiss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaySwiss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaySwiss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaySwiss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaySwiss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaySwiss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaySwiss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaySwiss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaySwiss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the replies..
    my technique is pretty solid.. just need to increase bat speed.

Need to start lifting first i guess...
    When I found out we could not be together, I then looked her father in his eyes, sniffed my fingers and smiled...

WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhyAmISoHuge is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Technique, power, core.

I was always not the biggest kid, but I had the fastest swing on my baseball teams. I was naturally explosive for my size, however, as I can do about 200lbs a few times on power cleans (decent for my size). I guess just double check your form and do power exercises.

AmmoBats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KaySwiss View Post

Like you said, strength will make the bat feel lighter, but being strong doesn't equate to speed. The best way to specifically train for bat speed in baseball is hands down Over/under training. For a long time, people thought that putting a donut on your bat while in the batters box to increase the weight of your bat would help with bat speed because when you actually got to the plate, the bat felt lighter. It has been proven that doing this actually makes you swing slower. The reason is because your body is now preparing to swing a bat that is heavier, so it is making the adjustments to do so and in turn your bat speed drops a few miles per hour. For every MPH you drop in bat speed, you in turn drop 6 ft to the projection of the ball. Imagine getting robbed from a home run because of that. Anyways, Over under training is essentially swinging a bat that is 20% heavier than your game bat, then swinging a bat that is 20% lighter than your game bat, and then finishing off with your game bat. The heavier bat generates the power and strength while the lighter bat recruits fast twitch muscles and generates speed. The balance of doing both is the best way to round yourself off as a hitter. Ammobats.com has a bat speed system specifically for generating bat speed. It might be something you want to check out.
    Ramsey Blankenship
    Co-Founder Ammo Bats LLC.
    Ramsey@ammobats.com
    Active Duty USNavy Special Operations (EOD)
    http://www.ammobats.com
    https://www.********.com/AmmoBats