jacksheadache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacksheadache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacksheadache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacksheadache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacksheadache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacksheadache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacksheadache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacksheadache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacksheadache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacksheadache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacksheadache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sore forearm muscle

First off, sorry if this is the wrong section to be posting this.

I'm somewhat of a beginner to lifting, only serious or so for the past year.

After doing my arm routine I tend to have a section of my forearm that gets sore. The other muscle groups in my arm get sore as they should and feel better a few days later. This one in specific seems to hurt different and last longer.

Going by the image below I'd say it's the flexor carpi ulnaris?
    physioweb.org/IMAGES/forearm_back.jpg

I guess my question is; why is this muscle or area of my arm hurting more than anything else? is it underdeveloped? could it be something I'm doing or not doing?

I always make sure to get a warm up in before starting, proper pre and post nutrition as well.

Any ideas?

Thank you
    Nick

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jacksheadache View Post

After doing my arm routine I tend to have a section of my forearm that gets sore. The other muscle groups in my arm get sore as they should and feel better a few days later. This one in specific seems to hurt different and last longer.

Going by the image below I'd say it's the flexor carpi ulnaris?
    physioweb.org/IMAGES/forearm_back.jpg

I guess my question is; why is this muscle or area of my arm hurting more than anything else? is it underdeveloped? could it be something I'm doing or not doing?

I always make sure to get a warm up in before starting, proper pre and post nutrition as well.

Any ideas?

Thank you
    Nick
    Soreness...or pain? The first is normal. The second is not.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Hei Long....Wo Ai Ni. ;) BlkDrgn06's Avatar
    BlkDrgn06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlkDrgn06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlkDrgn06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlkDrgn06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlkDrgn06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlkDrgn06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlkDrgn06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlkDrgn06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlkDrgn06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlkDrgn06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlkDrgn06 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    Soreness...or pain? The first is normal. The second is not.
    I thought PAIN was just soreness' bigger, stronger, steroid-laden brother?
    For God so loved US to Lift that he gave US his only begotten secret....PROTEIN....that whosoever believeth in PROTEIN shall not waver, but have an everlasting PHYSIQUE, PUMP, and access to WOMEN. - Squat 3:16

**MISC Georgia Crew**
    **MISC Cigar Crew**
    <**>Yellow Fever Crew: Once you go Asian...HNNNNGHH<**>

t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jacksheadache View Post

Thank you
    Nick
    I'm going to go out on a limb here... is it on the days you lift Back or Bi's? Forearms probably are considerably weaker and can't keep up with the rest of your body. There's tons of forearm strengthening threads just search.
    I Rep Back.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=671123731#post671123731

^Try to make it happen^

xJGOx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJGOx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJGOx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJGOx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJGOx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJGOx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJGOx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJGOx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJGOx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJGOx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJGOx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    is it near your elbow at all? could be tendinitis possibly. i've had that recently and it sucked terribly.

Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Is it on the orientation you pointed at? As in, it lays on the front of your arm, along the plane of the knuckles, or on the back, alone the plane of the palm?

firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It woudl be easier to figure what is hurting by doing exercises that target specific forearm muscles as a test once this soreness/pain shows up.
    Try wrist curls
    Reverse wrist curls
    reverse curls,
    pronation or supination exercises done with a dumbell bar with weight at end.
    Holding a heavy weight in hand

Then depending on what feels bad or gives you a bad sensation you can figure out which muscle is the problem area.
    MyMuscles.com

Features weight lifting terminology, equipment info, essays, and links.

jacksheadache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacksheadache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacksheadache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacksheadache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacksheadache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacksheadache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacksheadache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacksheadache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacksheadache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacksheadache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacksheadache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you for the information. Sorry about the extremely late reply, but I wanted to update this.

Not sure what the deal was, it lasted a month or so and has passed. I no longer have a pain in this area when lifting, and I'm lifting in the same form as before.